LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/170/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Good Morning!

Saw 165.5 on the scale this morning so I am happy about that. I need to get things moving in a downward trend so hopefully this is the beginning.

Trying to meal plan for next week and I have my ideas above for how to tweak things moving toward a more paleo approach - but even in my dinners cheese is still making an appearance. I am not sure how much I care though.

Going to skip the powder on my face for now to see if it helps and lay off the retinol product I was using and see if things get back to normal.

So feeling good- going to try and sneak in workouts this weekend when I can even though we have company coming.

April Challenge
Goal 160
3/31- 166
4/2 - 167.5
4/5 - 165.5

KISS and swoosh!
labmini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

So back after the weekend, I was doing well then had an allergic reaction so went off the rails a bit on Sunday.

Today food has been good so far

2HB eggs, strawberries
Pork shoulder, bsprouts, snap peas and some CO
Train snack is cukes with guac
Dinner will be taco shredded beef on cabbage slaw with condiments

I am trying to stay away from dairy and be as whole30 compliant as possible right now because I feel like after the reaction my body needs to heal

Water has been slower than usual, but started the day with green tea instead of my usual so I feel like that is a win. I have a little work to do hopefully on the train, then I really want to sneak in a workout tonight. I really need to get back at it.

So overall decent day so far-will check back tomorrow
Old 04-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Sooo guess who didn't work out last night? That would be me. I don't want to beat myself up over it, but I got all dressed for it and didn't do it (AGAIN!)

Tonight I am going to a yoga class so that will get me out and there. Then tomorrow it is time to get back to some cardio with some step I think. I am just not feeling the treadmill right now. I know part of me is afraid of my knee starting to hurt again, but I have to add cardio to start seeing the numbers on the scale move.

I am off to do a little research on combining the firm and yoga.

Best news is food has been great- had a nice dinner last night of leftovers- which is also lunch today.

Bacon, 2HB eggs, strawberries - Br
"Taco" salad with pot roast and guacamole on a bed of cabbage - L
Need to cook some chicken thighs and ground beef tonight so we will see how it goes

Weight today - 166lbs
Old 04-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning- No really good morning

So the scale is still stuck at 166 but aside from food I have not really sone anything about it. I went to Yoga on Tuesday after not having done anything since yoga the wednesday before, and I really need to fix that.

I really want to make Yoga a part of my every day life and get up early enough to practice, but I can't even get up when I am supposed to now to get everything done in the mornings I need to. I have this trip to LA hanging over me that I keep saying- after I get back from LA, I'll do this after.

Food though has been solid- I did have some dairy with dinner last night, and milk and AS in my tea this morning, but overall doing ok. Which is why I know I need to kick up the cardio. So I keep saying it but really need to JUST DO IT! as they say!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

I love that I can always come back here when I need to

I am still stuck at the 165ish area and really ready to get rid of 15lb STAT

Yoga has been great, adding the fim back in to lift HEAVY.

Started a Whole 30 a little while back and lost 3lbs in a week, then got sidetracked.

So 5 weeks until vacation and I would really love to get things moving. See you here tomorrow!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Wanted to post my menu for today

BR- 2 eggs in butter - too many grapes
L- salad with salmon and dill sauce, 1/2 an avocado
S - cafe misto (these have to go)
D- bunless burger with salad (planned)

So the salmon and dill sauce is gone and if I have regular tea in the morning I will have cut out dairy and AS which I have the most trouble with

Working out tonight then it's on to tomorrow
Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

So I had some beans today and the no dairy and AS thing is not going well but I am going to keep on truckin!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:38 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

So this is a change for me- I have been struggling with food, but exercise has been good. It's Monday so time to clean up the eats and take this month head on! I would just like to be under 160 when we go to the beach. That's the new goal. I'll take anything but I would really feel accomplished if I could make that happen.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:22 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Coming back here to post my plans!

I am back on induction and will be for 2 weeks before our beach vacation, where I plan to stay LC but add some diet soda, sweeteners and fruit in that week.

At 163 today which is a big drop for me. Hoping to keep the momentum going.

I am going to be cooking today:
Baked chicken legs
HB eggs
Something with the cauliflower we have
And meal planning for the week

Trying to eat from the freezer a bit this week

Feeling good, onward!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Congratulations on your weight loss! I hope you have a wonderful vacation too! It sounds like you have planned well for it and will stay on low carb.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Thank you to Gaily Gail for your kind words, it's always such a thrill to get comments here!

I weighed this morning and saw 165.5- blech!!! But it's salt and lack of elimination. I really need to add some coconut oil to make sure I stay regular. Also I am not going to weigh everyday - it makes me too crazy. I think over in the induction thread I am going to keep track of days on plan and workouts instead of weight. Made bone broth yesterday and tried to grill chicken legs, but they were bad, so the husband is buying some thighs today so I have them for lunch.

Another day to keep on trucking...
Old 07-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

So the scale is really not a good measure of success for me- I was 161.5 today, so thrilled but didn't work out last night so its probably water

Anyway happy to have seen it and now I really wont be weighing for a while - I'll just keep that number with me- HA!

So yoga is tonight, then back to the Firm tomorrow

Things are good, I am not crazy about food and I am just letting it happen, pretty psyched about it all today
Old 11-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

I said it a few times before, but I am so happy I can continue to come back here when I need it.

Things I have learned on this 18 month journey thus far:
I know what works for me - it is eating in a whole30 way and working out regularly
I love yoga and need to continue to make it a priority
If I make yoga a priority I also need to add in cardio and weights to supplement
Tea, my morning glorious cup of tea is what starts my day on the right track or wrong- if I fill it with cream and AS then it sets me up for being less strict than I need to be
I need somewhere to vent - this journal being it and I have time to do so.
When work gets crazy I need to NOT let it derail me- it happens every time

I heard something along the way - I want to add to my family life, not take away from it, this is in regards to being a working mom. If I eat well, got to yoga and exercise, this is possible. THe house is in better shape, our mornings are better, but when I come home and just sit on the couch - nothing good comes from that.

Well this has been ramble-y to the fullest extent, but it feels good to be back and get this all out.

I like track my food (until I don't) and I know its not a very whole30 thing to do, but for now I need to customize things for me.

Food for today-
Br.- pork chop plain earl gray
sn. - apple and small handful of nuts
Lunch - sausage and salad
Dinner- Ground beef and cabbage with my new Bangkok blend from Penzy's!

Workout is - basic step and lower body add on - Cathe

At 174 today - hoping with water and healthy eating that will go down- not sure when I ail weigh or even at all for a while- my clothes and habits will be a very good judge.

Off to update my stats
Old 01-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Again I just love how this journal is always here waiting for me…ALWAYS!

So for reals I am at 177 - I have accepted this. I have been sick and it is de railing me from starting my whole30 - 90. In an effort to be a bit kinder to myself I think I will start with standard low carb, but be aware of AS (damn them!) and dairy; as well as starchy veg.

Yoga and getting on a regular workout schedule will always be harder than the food for me, but I have to do it. I have a schedule/rotation all set to go, but I am wondering if this is just setting me up to fail. I had better success once when I said "just do it!" Some kind of workout ANY kind of work out. Whatever I feel like that morning just do!

I think I will separate my DVD's into cardio and weight ones and go from there.

And still make yoga a priority for ME!

I read the above and am happy with where my head is at, but I need to get going and act because the hubs is tired of hearing me call myself fat as I am dialing for Chinese.
We are also trying to be a bit more budget conscious and while grass fed ghee is an awesome option (I have 2 containers I will use until they are gone) its not the greatest for the wallet.

So plain old low carb, any kind of exercise and yoga

KISS right?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:17 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning-

Not yet on track due to still be sick - Monday os def going to be the day I hunker down.

I used a leto calculator to try and figure out Macros - I am not sure about the calories or if I even care to track right now, but I thought it was good to know at least

1644 Cal
25 g net carbs
64 g protein
143 g fat

trackers annoy me so I am not sure but maybe I will try for a week just to see where a "regular" day looks like and go from there.

Going to continue to research budgeting, grocery budget, Once a Month shopping as well as a regular exercise routine.

And hanging around here as much as I can!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Just finishing my sausage and cabbage, so its on

I have to drink tons of water today as I am fighting a headache. Planning on cardio tonight

Packed a salad plus for lunch/snacks if needed. Working a little later than usual so wanted to be prepared

Plan for today-
Br- homemade sausage patty and cabbage
L- big ol salad with homemade BC dressing
D- l/o roast or something with chicken breasts
snacks if needed - string cheese and sausage patty

Planned WO - Cardio

I am working my way through a Keto nutrition book and plan on incorporating some of the aspects once I am through it

On to another day
Old 01-15-2014, 09:56 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Wanted to jot down food for today before the day gets away from me

2 cups tea with heavy cream 4 splenda

Lunch
2 hb eggs with mayo
green beans with mayo
5 very thin slices deli ham with 1 oz cream cheese

Dinner is TBD either fish or l/o roast
Old 01-17-2014, 06:13 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

I think for now I am going to focus on getting in my 124 grams of fat and see where I land protein and cab wise (knowing I am trying to keep protein moderate and carbs very low) I have been doing more research and I think I have a meal template that might work.

I am having tea with heavy cream and this weekend buying a little foamer thing so I can have BPT at work! - I do think it will help. I have been waking up hungry in the morning so I think that is lack of fat at dinner.

I am going to try the below template next week and see how I feel. I also feel like my meals have been snack plates and its time for real meals.

B- BPT (egg salad if needed) 1/4 c sauerkraut
L- either leftover protein and fat or lunchmeat with cream cheese
D- protein, green veggie and compound butter or sauce to get the fat up.

B- Tea with heavy cream (eggs with mayo if needed)
L- pepperoni and roast with cream cheese, cabbage, avocado if needed
D- not sure, probably more roast with some cheese

I am going to try and slow down with the hard cheese next week- and keep the dairy to just cream cheese and heavy cream

saw 173 this morning- I am really happy about this
Old 01-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Doing just fine- had 2 quest bars this weekend, but I am glad they are gone. Same with nuts- can't wait until they are all gone, although I haven't been super crazy with them

Really need to get on the workout wagon. I am at 172 right now and I tend to plateau there so I really want to bust through.

Still working through all of the ratios and how to get the fat in.

Staying strong this holiday weekend
Old 01-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Saw 171.5 today so I am happy that I keep going down little by little. I do need to start working out to try and change my body shape a little. Menu today was:

B- we went out and I was a little disappointed with my meal
2 poached eggs, hollandaise, warm tomato slices (GROSS!) and some bland chicken sausage patties that were probably very high in protein
L- BPTea with my new frother! Made with 1/4c HWC and 1TB butter, 2 splenda
D- L/O Chicken, sausage and asparagus.

Should be able to start on plan this week - I meal planned and here is what it looks like

B- Bullet Proof tea made with 1/4 c HWC, 1TButter and 1TCO, finn crisp with butter
L- deli turkey wrapped around bacon and avocado slice and dipped in mayo
D- family dinners this week include chicken gyros, hamburgers, and a fish night? (no pita or buns for me) plus veggie
I am a little worried friday night might throw a wrench into my plans, but I may just have to pull something from the freezer to cook and stay on plan (might be more chicken)

feeling good though and as long as I can stay errm…uhhh… regular all will be well
Old 01-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Saw 171.5 again today, so fearful I am in a stall, but hoping my new outline will help

I woke up hungry, but last night made BP ice cubes and made my BPT and it worked perfectly! Filled me up until just now (11am) so
B- BPT on train, tea with HWC when I got to work
S- 2 Finn Crisps with butter and supplements
L- 1 chorizo sausage, 1/4 avocado, 2oz deli turkey (worried this might be light, but we will see)
S- on train (I tend to get nauseous on the way home so need a salty snack) 10 olives
D- L/O Chicken thighs and legs with salad

Need to make some kind of salad dressing tonight as well.

And either Yoga or a tape tonight - must work out!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katyNH
WOE: Low Carb/exercise
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Hi Labmini,

I have been stuck at 157 for days on end...so frustrating as I am low carbing and not cheating at all. I read on another post that it could be the Splenda I use frequently in my green tea. I feel like I have given up everything I love to eat, if I now lose my Splenda, I'll be so bummed...but I am also getting frustrated at the lack of movement on the scale.
katyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

So funny you mention it- I feel EXACTLY the same way- part of the reason I could not get on board with another Whole30 or committed pale was the cream and splenda I like in my tea.

I am trying to cut back and in doing some research I might try switching the Swerve sweetener which is a blend that Maria Emmerich recommends. Hang in there, maybe see if reducing it helps? I find if I am using HWC in my tea I can get away with one not two packets. There is just something so comforting about my cup of tea when I get to work made just how I like it…

And thanks so much for stopping by!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

I want to record this because maybe it means I am getting used to eating this way a bit

I had my 2 finn crisps at 11 with butter and am still not hungry at 1:10pm! This is super exciting for me!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:12 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

So yesterday afternoon was a bit of a disaster, so trying this today

B- BPT and 2 eggs with butter
L- deli tuna
D- chicken or grd beef
Old 01-24-2014, 06:13 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday I swapped a chipotle bowl (no rice or beans!) for the tuna and had some sweet potato fries with my burger so trying to keep carbs really low today

BPT on the train
B- 2 Chorizo sausages
L- 2 chicken thighs maybe a leg as well, skraut
Olives on train home
D- we have grd beef out or chicken that needs to be cooked SO.MUCH.CHICKEN. this week

I am taking magnum to help with regularity because I am really struggling there, I was hoping the BPT would help but not yet

Signed up for yoga classes today that if I don't show there is a $15 charge- MOTIVATION to go for sure

Going to keep the carbs low with BPT until all of the "cubes" I made are gone. Also need to try and reduce the dairy next week

I have a basic menu plan written out and shopping list about done. I think part of my doldrums this week was not preparing properly

Sunday- Pot roast tacos with guac
Monday Lunch - salmon salad
Monday Dinner - l/o pot roast with guac
Tuesday Lunch - l/o pot roast (if it needs to be eaten) or Tuna/salmon salad
Tuesday dinner - Tarragon Chicken breasts
Wednesday Lunch - l/o chicken breasts or Tuna/salmon salad
Wednesday Dinner - meatballs
Thursday Lunch - l/o chicken breasts or Tuna/salmon salad
Thursday Dinner - meatballs
Friday Lunch - l/o meatballs
Friday dinner - fish/eggs

So feeling better about next week already!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Wanted to have a place to write down what I am eating lately

B- 2pcs pumpkin pale bread, banana - 2 cups of tea
S- Pistachios
L- Left over chicken fajitas, 1/4 avocado
Old 05-29-2014, 06:20 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

And I'm back! I love reading back through and seeing where I was a year ago- I was so concerned about having to lose 20lbs to get back into my summer clothes, but it looks like 10 should do the trick!

I am going to go to induction level cabs for the first 2 weeks of june, then start adding some safe starches to help with my work outs - I really want to kick start this and love LC in the summer - Epic 2year old birthday party this weekend then it is on!

Super psyched
Old 06-01-2014, 05:25 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Wanted to post my plan here for tomorrow

Br. Green smoothie
Sn - BPTea
Lunch - deviled eggs with a big ol salad