LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by labmini View Post
gonna lose it! Thanks so much for stoping by!

Notes for today-
154- I guess down 1/2 a lb is a start- must not get too annoyed at this.

Food today
yogurt with BB
2HB eggs for snacks
2 Chicken legs- need to grab a salad with these
Dinner- not sure

have to be better on water today- have a good cardio session planned- and need to pack for vegas too...
What's wrong with being down 1/2 pound? A start? Really?

Girl...

By the way, your mention of concern on eating the extra fruit? Keep in mind that if you continue training and working out like you have been so far, you will burn the carbs from that fruit w/o any worries. If you enjoy fruit, eat it! Just choose wisely, time them at the right times. Maybe don't eat fruit later in the day, or keep it closer to your workout times. Allow yourself X amount each day to see how your body responds, but give your body TIME to respond, a few days or so, and then re-evaluate. This is a way of life, eating to be fit and healthy and SATISFIED. Make it worth it AS WELL AS strategic.

Hope you have a great day.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #32

Quote:
gonna lose it! Thanks so much for stoping by!

Notes for today-
154- I guess down 1/2 a lb is a start- must not get too annoyed at this.

Food today
yogurt with BB
2HB eggs for snacks
2 Chicken legs- need to grab a salad with these
Dinner- not sure

have to be better on water today- have a good cardio session planned- and need to pack for vegas too...
What's wrong with being down 1/2 pound? A start? Really?

Girl...

By the way, your mention of concern on eating the extra fruit? Keep in mind that if you continue training and working out like you have been so far, you will burn the carbs from that fruit w/o any worries. If you enjoy fruit, eat it! Just choose wisely, time them at the right times. Maybe don't eat fruit later in the day, or keep it closer to your workout times. Allow yourself X amount each day to see how your body responds, but give your body TIME to respond, a few days or so, and then re-evaluate. This is a way of life, eating to be fit and healthy and SATISFIED. Make it worth it AS WELL AS strategic.

Hope you have a great day.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/177/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Thank you so much Twyla (what a beautiful name by the way!)

Your support and level headedness has really helped me here. I do enjoy fruit and if I keep it to breakfast and a half a cup of berries I should be able to handle it.

I am still really proud of my workout streak. Cardio tonight, a quick lower body workout tomorrow morning, then I am in Vegas thursday and Friday - if the gym is complementary then I plan on going and getting on the treadmill. Then back to my regularly scheduled workouts.

I am ready to do some food shopping on Saturday feel like we have made a great dent in the freezer. I need to make enough food for the week- I have been foraging at night for dinner and want to be more planned. Also this weekend I want to get to the store for the aminos and vitamins for myself.

Sounds like a plan now onto Vegas

Thanks so much again for the encouragement!!!

KISS and swoosh!
labmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:43 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Down another pund this morning woohoo! 153! I am feeling preet achy and fatigued though so I think I need to up the carbs a bit- yesterday they were pretty low and I am feeling it in my legs.

I also really need to add I think it is magnesium- cannot wait until I get to the store! And get my self supplemented!

So headed to Vegas today- missed my lower body workout today but I am ok with how I am feeling. and cardio was light and short last night but I have plans to add 2 treadmill work outs tomorrow and friday so that should make up for it.

Food- my goal is to stay in control and be prepared that is the mantra through this trip.

Also not to get pressured into any food chocies. My boss is a food pusher and I won't let it happen. I already picked the steak place for tonight so I am good there!

Going to buy some almonds for the plane- if there is breakfast I know there will be fruit including some berries I will have my almonds and maybe fend for myself a bit. I can always stock the mini fridage too.

Its going to be alright.

Off to get some fluid into myself- really feel like I need it today especially with flying!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
Good luck in Vegas, Labmini! Stay strong! Have fun!
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irish64
Stats: 169.2/148.8/125 5'3"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 04/29/2011
Quote:
Down another pund this morning woohoo! 153! I am feeling preet achy and fatigued though so I think I need to up the carbs a bit- yesterday they were pretty low and I am feeling it in my legs.

I also really need to add I think it is magnesium- cannot wait until I get to the store! And get my self supplemented!

So headed to Vegas today- missed my lower body workout today but I am ok with how I am feeling. and cardio was light and short last night but I have plans to add 2 treadmill work outs tomorrow and friday so that should make up for it.

Food- my goal is to stay in control and be prepared that is the mantra through this trip.

Also not to get pressured into any food chocies. My boss is a food pusher and I won't let it happen. I already picked the steak place for tonight so I am good there!

Going to buy some almonds for the plane- if there is breakfast I know there will be fruit including some berries I will have my almonds and maybe fend for myself a bit. I can always stock the mini fridage too.

Its going to be alright.

Off to get some fluid into myself- really feel like I need it today especially with flying!
You are doing fantastic! Keep it up. As long as you are losing it doesn't matter how much. I love reading your journal. You have inspired me. Keep up the good work.
Irish64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:53 AM   #37

Congrats on the loss. You're working your plan with careful thought, planning and focus. That's essential to have success, particularly while traveling.

I always travel with almonds too. I buy large bags from Sam's and roast them in the oven for 20 mins or so, store in ziplocs. So much tastier when they're roasted!

Hope you have an enjoyable (albeit well-behaved) trip.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

And we're back!!!

Good morning everyone! So I have taken a bit of a break from the journal- I came back from Vegas very late on Friday night/Sat Morning slept right until we had to take our dog to the vet, then went through regular saturday things.

Sunday was more of the same- nothing of note. We did join Costco and go food shopping and I got meat for dinner this week as I plan on being home each night.

So Vegas went really well- I think at leat- perfect no, but pretty great I think

in the airport on the way there I had a ceasar salad with shrimp, no crutons and shared a cheese platter for an app

then we had dinner at a steakhouse, funny I got a little tripped up here. I never order a spinach salad because of the bacon, but now I was all for it. But this bacon was candied and the poaced egg was breaded then fried. I did my best and moved onto a gigantic steak and some veggies

Breakfast was the hardest meal- day one I had some fruit and whole milk and a little all bran

Lunch was a steak and broccoli

Dinner was at a chinese restaurant and I handeled it well- it was a high end place, I am sure there were some thickeners but I didn't wake up the next day swollen!

Breakfast the next day was a very sweet yogurt with granola- not gonna lie- at this point I was going to throw it all away (i had a ham and cheese on a butter baguette in my bag as well) but I didn't- I trashed the sandwich and moved onto lunch

Lunch was a far too dressed blue cheese salad and an Joe's egg scramble that has ground beef, spinach, and mushrooms- it was ok- a little wet. Had it with tomatoes instead of potatoes so I felt good

Snackes were Beef jerkey and almonds - did my best with water and tea. Probably had too much artificaial sweetner but it kept me sane in a stressful situation.

I got on the treadmill thursday morning for a solid 1/2 hour climing up hills and really got a good sweat in.

I stayed away from too much alcohol only apeared with a drink socially twice and didn't even drink half of each.

SO the plan moving forward.

I worked out both days this weekend so I am feeling good about that. We are well stocked and I cooked lunch for the week.

Here is what is not so good- I was 153 on Sun morning, 155 this morning. So I am going to take a break from weighing for a while. I don't know how long or when I will or if I will be able to stay away from the scale but I need to for my mental health.

Slow and steady is going to win this race and whether I am losing or not I need to keep working out, not eating carbs. My biggest hurdle is fifuring out calories and fat.

I am starting a supplement routine. It is pretty intense I will see how I do. I hope I feel better on it- then it will keep me taking them.

I also think I am going to formalize my report a bit more just to keep myself organized

So for today-
Weight- 155
Supplements-
Morning- Yes
Breakfast - Yes
Mid Morning
Lunch
Dinner

Meal Plan
Br- Cottage cheese with BB
Sn- Cherries with string cheese
L- 2 chicken thighs cuke slices
Sn- pumpkin seeds red pepper slices
Dinner- protein and veg.

Water have 12 plus down already- shooting for 100oz

Workout is total body strength tonight

Have a great one!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irish64
Stats: 169.2/148.8/125 5'3"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 04/29/2011
You have a great mind set. Probably the weight gain is water weight. Keep on going, you are headed in the right direction!
Irish64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much IRISH!

Stopping in for a mid afternoon food check and I guess with my new supplement try a supplement check

So food has looked like this

CC with BB
String sch and cherries
Salad and the insides of a sandwich
pumpkin seeds

I am hungry and think I am going to eat my "lunch" now

I am just about on track with supplements if I take my multi after my late lunch here and water is going well

I am at 61oz so far and doing well

So off to have some chicken - I am going to leave at a normal time tonight so if I am full when I get home I might work out right away and then have the night. I have been working out later in the evening this might be a nice change.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:24 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

So I am a liar I weighed today with good news- now to not weigh tomorrow will probably be a better idea!

So last night I left at a good time went home (with the hubs! that never happens) and worked out when I got home

Dinner was turkey meat with peppers broccoli and tomatoes and parm cheese

then I had 20 cherries and an unspecified 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of blueberries

Great on water and all supplements but my last 2 cal/mag

I sitll felt like I had noithing left during my workout- I am prushing it with the weight but still - my carbs are up but it is still really difficult to lift

Official report for today
So for today-
Weight- 153.5 - YES!!!
Supplements-
Morning- L-tyrosine
Breakfast- Multi, 2 Cal/Mag, 1 B Complex, 1 Fish
Mid Morning- L-Tyrosine
Lunch- Multi
Dinner- Multi, 2 Cal/Mag, 1 B Complex, 1 Fish

Meal Plan
Br- Cottage cheese with BB
Sn- Cherries with string cheese
L- 2 chicken thighs cuke slices
Sn- pumpkin seeds red pepper slices
Dinner- protein and veg.

Water goal 100 oz

Workout is Cardio tonight planning on Kenpo X interested to see how I habdle a routine from P90X

other goals- need to come back here and post final report tonight and pack food for the day so I am not running around in the morning.

Here's to a good day!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #42

You're staying strong, focused, determined.

Word of advice: Listen to your body. If it's lacking energy, find the reason.

Lack of sleep?
Lack of proper fuel? (Think COMPLEX carbs--even 1/8 c of steel cut oats makes a huge difference with endurance on high-intensity workouts)?
Too big of a calorie deficit?

Fruit (simple carb) isn't always the right fit. Experiment a little. Cut back if necessary.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much Twyla- I will keep at it!

Final Official report for today
Weight- 153.5 - YES!!!
Supplements -Morning- L-tyrosine - yes
Breakfast- Multi, 2 Cal/Mag, 1 B Complex, 1 Fish - yes
Mid Morning- L-Tyrosine - yes
Lunch- Multi - no
Dinner- Multi, 2 Cal/Mag, 1 B Complex, 1 Fish - yes

Meals
Br- Cottage cheese with BB - Sn- Cherries with string cheese Sn- pumpkin seeds L- 1 chicken thigh - Dinner- turkey taco meat with cheddar and sour cream
Water goal 100 oz - pretty close

Workout is Cardio tonight planning on Kenpo X interested to see how I habdle a routine from P90X- done!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Been quiet around these parts lately!

Good new is though even though I have been ignoring the journal I have not gone off plan- except for once.

I had a piece of pie my mom made and brought to us for dessert last night. I didn't feel so bad because I have moved on. It was a good homemade treat and I have left it in the past.

I had missed 2 workouts, but made them up yesterday and after today will be back on track.

Twyla- I stumbled onto the Callanetics thread and I am really interested! Maybe it is what I need to put me over the edge and start seeing results! I was going to add running into my regime but I really hate to run so I am much more willing to commit to callanetics! I also danced growing up so it might be right up my ally. I am pretty excited to give it shot

So weight is 152- I really can't obsess with the scale- with the consistent working out and water consumption I am going to try and focus on clothes results, but I know I will still weight myself.

Supplements- going pretty well- I get them all in in the morning at least. I am going to run to the store and get an AM PM pill holder so I can fill it each day and try to stay with it.

Ahh just remembered I didn't post the tortilla chips I had on Wednesday night - it could have lead to much worse, but didn't

and as I post all of my "slip ups" I did have a pretty great non scale victory- We had pizza at my in laws Friday night and I asked for and had a salad- didn't touch the pizza! I really am over the "embarrassment" of how I eat. This is me- I don't make a big deal, I just eat this way. Doesn't matter where we go I can eat something.

Adding the P90X cardio routines has been fine I have done 2 so far. I think plyo is the hardest and haven't done it yet. I am trying to push myself as hard as I can when I work out- stll struggling a bit with the energy to make it through but I keep going.

Family vacation on Wed-Friday think I should be fine as long as I steer clear of all of the baked goes I am making! And Dairy queen- but its easily done with a cup of tea or diet soda. Baring a pasta night or something I think we should be eating mostly grilled meats- I fear sweet sauces and what not but I will tread carefully.

I am going to try and steer clear of fruit this week too. Had my fill last week and it was good- sticking to veggies this week.

For today- had some eggs and feta - the rest of the day is up in the air

I have to get more water down and off to take my supplements.

Glad to be back. Need to update my goal because we all know 144.5 is not happening by Wednesday.

Need to put some thought into it- I think it is going to be more habit focused.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #45

Quote:
I had a piece of pie my mom made and brought to us for dessert last night. I didn't feel so bad because I have moved on. It was a good homemade treat and I have left it in the past.

I had missed 2 workouts, but made them up yesterday and after today will be back on track.

Twyla- I stumbled onto the Callanetics thread and I am really interested! Maybe it is what I need to put me over the edge and start seeing results! I was going to add running into my regime but I really hate to run so I am much more willing to commit to callanetics! I also danced growing up so it might be right up my ally. I am pretty excited to give it shot

So weight is 152- I really can't obsess with the scale- with the consistent working out and water consumption I am going to try and focus on clothes results, but I know I will still weight myself.
Labmini, it's good that you were able to regain control when you allowed yourself the pie indulgence and didn't just throw in the towel for the remainder of the day. You also have a sense of mitigation with having made up your workouts. It helps to keep you focused on your targets. And speaking of focus, yes, not so much on scale variations, but on your clothes and your body circum. measurements. You're likely building muscle as you go, and you will not see as much of a change in the scale, as you probably know. But you WILL see changes in your clothes and how your body LOOKS in the mirror.

As for the Callanetics, yes, it would be a wonderful way to augment your P90X workouts, and yes, esp since you have a dancing background. I highly recommend Callanetics for lots of reasons -- flexibility, strengthening, lengthening, posture, etc. The beauty about Callanetics, also, is that once you learn the routine, you can do it anywhere you are since it requires no equipment. I like putting on some smooth instrumental music when I do Callanetics. It's a relaxing but intense workout, and it REALLY gets the job done. I'd be anxious to follow you with your progress if you choose to go that route.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Twyla- I am going to track down the dvd's for sure. I am struggling along here- just a little blah

Today was low carb but nothing special

Overdid it on the nuts but didn't really feel like anything else for breakfast.

Tons to do before we leave for the beach- I am so excited - especially just to ride in the car with the hubs for 4 hours of us time- I think we do our best talking in the car.

Going to make sure I have a low carb dinner- choke down my supplements and get some liquid in me- will try to work out but I am so not motivated but I need to do something. Maybe something short.- that's the plan something short and I'll do it- ok off to get on the train and get out of here!

Better report tomorrow
Old 07-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

So I lost weight for my wedding- I did it- Now my 10 yr High school reunion is in sept- so motivation if I ever needed it

there its out there!

Back to our regularly scheduled programming
Old 07-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #48

Quote:
I am struggling along here- just a little blah

Today was low carb but nothing special

Labmini?

What's up? Why the reference to struggling?

Hope you have a winning day today.

Quote:
“Whatever you have, you must make the most of it.
Rest assured that you can transform yourself,
no matter where you started from.
The most important body part is the mind.
With the will and the know-how, you can perform near miracles.”

-- Stuart McRobert
Old 08-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Back from vacation and with a renewed sense of have to do this for myself! My menu's may look a little different than they have been but I need to give a balanced approach a try for more reasons than weight loss.

Also hoping this will give me more energy to get through my workouts.

SO for today
Weight- 155.5
Supplements -
Breakfast- Multi, 2 Cal/Mag, 1 B Complex, 1 Fish - yes
Dinner- Multi, 2 Cal/Mag, 1 B Complex, 1 Fish - TBD

Meals
Br- greek yogurt, falx seed meal, 1 cup of blue berries
Sn- 15 almonds and peach
L- turkey burger patty and sauteed zucchini
Sn- almonds, string cheese and a plum
D- ?
Water goal 100 oz - need to get going prob 40 oz so far

Workout is a good walk tonight- if I go tonight and test out my route there is a better chance I will do it in the morning and get into some double sessions!

I have a decent amount of work to do tonight but I hope to be on a 7 or 8 train to get home.

Feels good to be back and have a place to write all of this down.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:30 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

So I have made some decisions- and here they are rolled out...

August is going to be a month of fitness- My goal is to walk evevery other morning alternating with Callenetics - I am ordering the DVD this morning! I will also continue on my firm rotation at night

I have also decided just to pick up where I left off on the rotation and not worry about going back and redoing weeks. Life happens MOVE ON!

I am also going to buy some clothes at least 2 pair of pants that fit right now. Part of my lack of motivation is how crappy I feel each morning because my clothes are way too small- its is going to be weeks if not months before I am in any of them.

And the biggest change I need to make is STAY Positive!!! its anooying the hubs and myself to be such a debbie downer.

Off to order my DVD!

Today's plan - not much different than yesterday!

Meals
Br- greek yogurt, 1 cup of blue berries
Sn- 15 almonds and peach
L- turkey burger patty and sauteed zucchini, small salad
Sn- string cheese and a plum
I have a banana if needed
D- ?
Water goal 100 oz

Let's get this day going!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellew67
Stats: 282/274.2/200 5'3" 44yrs
WOE: Atkinsish/general Low Carb High Protein
Start Date: 13th June 2011 - restart 28th June
Hi Labmini..
I was just browsing through your journal...well done so far on your loss and determination.
Its hard isnt it, when faced with 'life'..i too have done a trip this weekend and had two family weddings this week. I have gained 7lbs, but its not going to reflect how i get back on plan...today is induction day !!

We just have to keep on at it, we will get to our goals eventually, its not easy but what is life without the challenges!
michellew67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much for stopping by Michelle! I will have to check out your journal!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:13 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Feeling good- I may have snuck onto the scale and am down a lb back to 154.5

I went for a nice long power walk last night and feeling good to get back in the workout groove.

Food is pretty much the same as yesterday- I do think it is time to say that I really don't like Greek Yogurt or have not found one here that I like.

Just a quick stop in to keep me honest!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
Hi Labmini!

You are doing great! keep up the good work!

I adore Greek Yogurt! I don't like it plain, though-- no can do! Have you dolled it up with anything? I like a small spoon of Steviva sweetener, a handful of coconut flakes and a big handful of crushed blueberries-- ooooo myyyyy gooooodnesss it's like dessert. Can it even be considered yogurt anymore? I don't care, I love it.
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quiet around these parts again- hmmmmmm

Hi Glam!! Thanks so much for the yogurt tip!

So the theme for this week is going to be consistancy. I have been all over the place with my eating, supplements and workouts- I just need to get consistant. a few posts back I was in the frame of mind that slow and steady wins the race. Now I have all of these deadlines I feel like I have to meet and I am making myself crazy

I have new walking sneakers and Callanetics DVD coming in the mail and I can't wait. I am borrowing Insanity from a friend hoping for a jumpstart.

I am also buying some cvlothes that fit now- its on lmt calemdar for this afternoon. I feel so crumby when I look crumby - trying to avoid this.

Food and workout plan for today

Meals
Br- cottage cheese, flax seed and plum
Sn- 15 almonds and nectarine
L- oatmeal and banana
Sn- string cheese and grape tomoatoes
D- is out tonight so hoping for a salad
Water goal 100 oz

Workout is day one of Insanity!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zogo
Stats: 193/156/145
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 6/20/11
I've been considering 7-keto and doing some research on the topic and ended up on this thread. After finding information on another website, I think it might not be a good idea for me.

What are the side effects? Have you grown extra facial hair, had heart palpitations?

Last edited by zogo; 08-08-2011 at 06:44 AM..
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Hi there- sorry not sure how you ended up here- I am not taking anything sorry!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Just got my Callanetics DVD's in the mail! I am so excited to try out the original tomorrow morning. My new walking sneakers should be here soon too!

And last night I did the Insanity fit test so tonight I will be doing the first workout! Scared but excited

Food has been really good the last 2 days and I have some social engagements coming up but will handle them well.

I like how I am eating for now- will scale back the fruit even more next week.

So feeling positive and good - would like to get in a better habit of taking my nighttime vitamins but one thing at a time
Old 08-10-2011, 05:34 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Repeat- DO NOT GET ON THE SCALE

I just keep gaining but hope it is from working out- so dissapointed this morning but will just keep chugging along

It kinda scares me that I have gained 10lbs since March and I have been "commited" or "working on" losing weight

I have an appointment tomorrow to hopefully figure some stuff out.

Debbie Downer signing out! And trying to be positive
Old 08-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Well- I have been in a good food place, but now I am in a little workout rut- although I think I am figuring it out

I have yet to go for a morning walk/Callanetics, and did a few insanity workouts that are really tough, but I got bored.

I think I am afraid to walk in the morning- I just need to go once and it will be fine

I also had some guilt about buying the Callanetics DVD's but I am over it. I also think that I get bored doing certain routines over and over again- so doing Insanity for 60 days isn't going to happen. I can use them as cardio.tortise tapes when going through my firm rotation.

I think I just need to be aware of how much fanny lifter climbing I do so I don't burn out on that. I need to keep my workouts varied and consistant.

So I hope this sounds like a good plan!