Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Gallery: hippiegirl
Okay, seriously.

It's time. I think this is the third journal I've started, but I'm determined to keep this one going. I'm sick of being fat, sick of wasting all these good years grunting when I get up and trying to be as "normal" as possible despite my size. I've also been pretty much a sloth for years. I have a fairly active job, but very seldom do any other exercise.

Here's the list I brainstormed a little while ago...

Things That Work:

1. Take supplements
2. Drink water
3. Cook ahead
4. Try new recipes
5. Meditation/Guided Imagery
6. Exercise
7. Routine
8. Sleep

All but the exercise are tried and true in my experience. The exercise is something I want to do, am determined to do. I want to experience more in life; I don't want to be the mom in jeans by the side of the pool anymore.

My two ideas, not sure if I'll do one or both of them:

The various challenges related to the online 100 push-ups challenge; there's one for squats, sit-ups, and dips. At least three Sun Salutations (yoga) on my off days, ideally every day.

I looked into joining the local Y today - I'll be turning in the application tomorrow morning. I think the boys will love it, and they offer really reasonable rates depending on income. I have a swimsuit, but I've only ever even worn it once, and that was to try it on at home. I love swimming, and I love weight-lifting, yoga classes, etc. I want to participate in fun and healthy things again.

I've been doing a lot of soul-searching the last few days, and I think I'm ready. I have been so off-and-on with dieting the last couple of years, that I just kind of halted the whole thing the last month or so. I haven't gone overboard, but I have very actively been Not On a Diet - I was sick of feeling disappointed in myself. It's time. I just need to focus like I did before a few years ago when I lost 60 lbs. It's doable, and I'll feel so much better.

"The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth. Get moving now!" ~ My friend Carl's FB status

This one's for DJ.
hippiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sillykimmie
Stats: 223/192/140
WOE: Atkins induction!!!
Start Date: Re restart date 8-14-12
Hippiegirl,
What a great post! I like your positive attitude!
Getting started is the hardest part, I'm in the same boat. That's why I love LCF!
sillykimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Squigglywiggly
Stats: 220/193.2/160
WOE: low carbing/leptin reset
Start Date: June 2010
You can do this!!! Congrats on starting your journal!
Squigglywiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Having a journal has definitely helped me out - it's nice to have folks to talk to about what I'm doing and it helps keep me motivated. A lot of the times it's just me talking to myself but the important thing is that I'm talking.

You've got this!!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Had left-over sausage for breakfast, and coffee black. Did some Sun Salutations. I'm just going to do SS's until next week - want to do the challenges on MWF, and I'm way out of shape, so this is a good way to ease into moving at all, lol.

I'm making Chinese Chicken Salad for a potluck tomorrow - I think I'll make a portion with Splenda in the dressing rather than the sugar, just to see how it works. I don't want to experiment on the whole batch, though, 'cause this recipe aint cheap when I don't get to eat it all myself.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Oh, and thanks for all the support everyone! /allaboutme

Last edited by hippiegirl; 07-01-2011 at 09:45 AM..
Old 07-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
Mrs. Robbie Williams

So. Haven't really been "On Plan", but I have been doing the yoga, and except for one night (), I've kept things pretty moderate. I'm planning on going full-bore Wednesday - my birthday is Tuesday, and the ladies at work usually buy a pizza, or bring treats, or whatever. So just in case...

I made a really good recipe tonight - the Chinese chicken salad I've always made, but with Splenda instead of sugar in the dressing. It's da bomb. Which is a good thing, since there's a ton of it.

2 to 4 chicken breasts, boiled, cooled, and shredded
Head of Napa Cabbage, chopped
4 Green onions - the green ends - sliced and diced
A few tablespoons of slivered almonds, toasted (I just put the whole little packet from the baking aisle in the salad)
A couple of tablespoons of sesame seeds, toasted
[I toast the almonds and sesame seeds together - keep an eye on them, they toast quickly - oven at about 300 or so.)

Dressing:
1/2 cup Peanut Oil
6tbs Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1tbsp pepper
4tbsp Splenda

Optional topping: Maifun Noodles (Chinese noodles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) - they curl up super fast in the hot oil, and it doesn't take much. I didn't look up the carb count for this, but the recipe calls for 2oz. I just do a few bunches to crush into the salad for a little added crunch and texture.

Toss it all together and you have heaven. Much better the next day, but awesome the first day, too.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
GOoooooooooooo HippieGirl!

heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #9
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Still haven't officially "started" - I've just been kind of mindful of what I'm eating, but not really lc all the way, and I've somehow managed to lose 15 lbs in the last couple of weeks! Weird.

I've also been working on living in my body how it is now - I bought myself some tank tops and shorts, and I (drum roll, please) went swimming. And wore a bathing suit. In public.

I honestly can't remember the last time I showed more than my feet or the bottom half of my arms in public. :blush: I felt kind of guilty about how self-conscious I've been when my boys were so over-the-top excited about me actually swimming with them. They were actually going "woo-hoo!" when I told them I'd be swimming with them, lol.

And you know what? I survived and it was even fun. We'll definitely be doing it again.

And I used muscles that haven't been used in ages.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Did you say the B.S. word? LOL!! I need to get one too but I'm not very excited about it. Oh well.

Hope all is going well!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:24 AM   #11

Gallery: Jenbo
I love you, Hippiegirl!!! aka Mrs Robbie Williams xx
Jenbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
Mrs. Robbie Williams

I'm finally actually staying on plan. Go me!
Old 08-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #13

Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
Start Date: July 17, 2014

kristina is offline   Reply With Quote