Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   From Flabazon to Glamazon (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/724801-flabazon-glamazon.html)

glamazon 06-13-2011 05:18 PM

From Flabazon to Glamazon

Hello all! :welcome:

Welcome to PART TWO of my Flabazon to Glamazon journal!

If you’d like to catch up from the beginning, You can find Part One right here: Journey from Flabazon back to Glamazon

Or, if you have a life and don’t want to read 10,000,000 pages of weight loss blather, here is the digested version:

My name is Angela, I’m happily married nearly 16 years and have a 7 year old son. Aside from being a stay-at-home Mom, I also run my own historical costuming business. I have a nice life and I don’t have any real complaints. I spent my entire youth skinny, and earned my college nickname “Glamazon” by tarting it up in high heels. As I am 6 feet 2 inches tall, you can imagine I was quite a spectacle. However, those days are long gone, and I have somehow morphed into a dowdy slug that doesn’t even wear lipstick anymore. Although I no longer wish to dress like a tart (mostly,) I do want to be thin again, as I used to be. So here I am.

I am a sugar addict, and I've battled the Low Carb Lifestyle since 2003. Did well, dropped some pounds, sabotaged, regained plus a little more—again and again and again year after year. I never got it together long enough to make it work all the way to goal. Well, last fall I decided to start a journal, and just eat low carb food EVERY SINGLE DAY come hell or high water. Part one of this journal tells that entire story, but suffice to say, I have finally made this a true lifestyle, and I’m really happy about it. I stalled, for 8 long months, but I never gave up. I kept eating low carb foods no matter what. It has paid off, though, despite no scale loss—I have trained myself to eat well, I feel really good, and I did not regain anything I had lost.

I currently weigh 246.8, down from 280 last September. I am following the Atkins plan, which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I love the food, I love the way it makes me feel. I have just completed a 14 day good old fashioned whole foods induction, and am now thinking about what to do next. I’m not worried…

…because I have gathered around me the most amazing wonderful support group! I’m sure they will all chime in here shortly. They are the NUMBER ONE reason I am successful. They make me feel special and strong, and I love coming in here every single day to see their posts. Please feel free to join in, there is always room for one more! I will pour you a cup of coffee, serve you a slice of LC cheesecake, and we can klatch! :D

piratewoman 06-13-2011 05:26 PM

Here's I am, the first of many to welcome you to journal #2 . WOW we really are blabber mouths, you Amber and Pooti have new journals. WTG Ang, you are fabulous.

Izzysdream 06-13-2011 06:28 PM

I'm number 2! Love you Ang!

Martini72 06-13-2011 06:36 PM

I'm third!!!! Yipppeeeee!!! Another journal to share!!! :high5:

I am soooo freaking amped over your loss of pounds!!!! LET'S GO!!!

I got an asparagus flan and pork and wings and pan fried some prime rib and cucumbers and broccoli for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow!!! Pork Rinds that I am about to sprinkle nacho cheese popcorn seasoning on!!! Toooterville by 6/30!!!! :kicking::kicking::kicking:

kittycitygirl 06-13-2011 06:41 PM

4!!!!!

glamazon 06-13-2011 07:48 PM

1, 2, 3, 4, j'adore! :love: Thanks for being here!

glamazon 06-13-2011 07:59 PM

Weight: 246.8

Exercise:
Morning dog walk
Evening dog walk

Supplements taken: cod liver oil, emergen-c lite, apple cider vinegar, multi-vit, cal/mag, B-complex, astaxanthin, CoQ10

DAY 14 of 14 INDUCTION

Net Carbs: 20.5
Fat: 179
Protein: 119
Calories: 2228
Ratios: Fat 71% / Protein 22% / Carbs 6%

Breakfast: 3 eggs, sausage patty
Lunch: leftover steak, leftover coleslaw, salami, peppercorn cheese, avocado
Dinner: Enchilada slop on salad: ground beef, onion, olive, green chilis, El Pato sauce, cheddar cheese, sour cream, romaine lettuce, yellow peppers, avocado, cilantro

Here’s dinner—damn, that was delicious!

http://www.starlightmasquerade.com/LCF/lcjune13a.jpg

INDUCTION REPORT:

Wow, that was easy. 14 days already?

Beginning weight: 255.6
Ending weight: 246.8
Pounds lost: 8.8—pretty much exactly 10% of what I have to lose, just as Dr. Atkins said.

Average Net Carbs: 17.7
Average Fat: 164
Average Protein: 124
Average Calories: 2078
Average Ratios: Fat 71% / Protein 24% / Carbs 5%

Overall, that was the easiest induction I’ve ever done. I am thrilled beyond words to be in the 240’s after seeing 250’s FOR EIGHT FREAKIN’ MONTHS. I guess that goes to show that the lower the carbs, the better. Hands down. (and also: DUH.) I did not limit my calories at all, I prepared my meals exactly how I wanted to eat them. I think it really helped that I concentrated hard on only eating three meals a day, and making those meals very satisfying and hearty… and crucially, the right amount of food. I’m one of those dopes that can eat anything, anytime, anywhere. If there’s food, I can eat. No matter what I just ate, I always have room for more. I think this exercise has really solidified for me that 3 meals a day is a magic charm for me. The constant grazing was really whacking my insulin surges all over the place, and made it impossible to go anywhere. I actually felt really good only eating three times a day—hardly suffering with those gorgeous calorie unlimited meals I was eating. It felt a little weird getting hungry before a meal--:doh: --since I was so used to stuffing my mouth at any sign of hunger, then when mealtime actually came around I wasn't hungry but ate anyway. These past few weeks, I got good and hungry right before mealtime, and my meals really got to do their proper jobs! Just like the olden days, lol!

So, now I am faced with what do I do now? I think I'm just going to start climing the ladder, and allow myself 25 carbs a week instead of 20. That means I can have tomato in my salad again! I actually missed them. I'm not burned out yet on the ****** thing-- it may be coming for me, and I'll abandon the strict measuring-- but for now I'm all right with it. My son is out of school this week and my entire schedule and routine is going to change. :stars:

My positive for the day: My journal got so big I had to make a new one. I :heart: you guys!

Martini72 06-13-2011 08:26 PM

GREAT JOB!!! Enjoy those 5 carbs!!! Tomato is yummy!!! Stay the course!!! Next month we shall see yet another new decade!!!! My dinner was delicious and I am guzzling water right now. Wegman's has light lemonade. 99 cents!!! I tried the nacho cheese popcorn seasoning on plain pork skins...was ok. Kicked it up a notch with some Bacon Salt!!!! Bacon Salt was discovered in OC. I will be ordering a case. Its franlen food but I love it!! On deviled eggs fabbbbulous!!!DELICIOUS!!! I packed some seasoned skins as my 3pm snack tomorrow. Tomorrow I cook. I have wings and will try to make that cauliflower casserole.

glamazon 06-13-2011 08:37 PM

XOXOXOX (((((Martini))))) XOXOXOXOX

I missed you this last weekend. Can't you get some kind of snazzy smartphone and post whenever *I* feel like it?

Congrats on hanging on to those zeros! Get to Twoterville already!

(and what the hell is asparagus flan??)

tiggy_oz 06-13-2011 09:05 PM

Mmmmm bacon salt. No idea wth it is but it has bacon in it so it must be a winner. Sooo looking forward to your *99 post martini!

Angela, thanks for writing what you did today. It really made me think and I can relate 1000000000% on the snacking thing and the never being actually stomach hungry thing. Will re-evalute and try that 3 solid meals a day. I know having a late meal makes the scale not behave, but perhaps grazing all day instead of proper meals needs to GO!

glamazon 06-13-2011 10:26 PM

I know, Tiggy, right? We all grew up with three square meals a day and maybe a snack after school, and that was it. I had to relearn this all over again when I was doing CAD several years back. That is a really good plan-- IF you can actually manage to sustain it without going crazy with the carbohydrate portions. When I was doing it correctly-- three perfectly balanced meals (2 @ 1/2 protein 1/2 low carb veg, 1 @ 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 adding a high carb item.) and absolutely nothing in between. I felt really good doing that, and the weight dropped no problem, despite my carb portion being a slice of pie. Of course, as a true sugar addict, I took advantage over time and blew it all to hell-- but I remember the 3 meals settling really well and not being snacky at all in between, which was super surprising. They said it had to do with insulin releases, and it all makes sense, and even fits in with Gart Taube's research. Anyway, I took away that 3 solid meals = weight loss and no snack monster. It's certainly true for me!

You should give it a go-- taming the snack monster, and actually using a proper meal to quell your hunger at the appropriate time, is a powerful thing! For a while there I was eating all the time, every time I passed through the kitchen (About a billion times a day.) It was all low carb, but sheesh, it was ALL THE TIME. No wonder I stalled out so long.

This finding the correct low carb path business is SLOW GOING, isn't it? Took me long enough, but I think I am finally getting it. We will see what the near future brings! Heck I could wake up tomorrow back in the 250's. You just never can tell. :p

kcmama 06-14-2011 06:13 AM

Angela! Sooooo happy your revisit to Induction phase went so well. Thanks for all your postings. Your insight is really helpful. Hope the weight continues to move downward for you. How is the weather in the PNW? Humidity has returned there to the plains, ugh! Have a great day!

writermom 06-14-2011 06:24 AM

:high5::high5: I'm here too! Have a great day!

kittycitygirl 06-14-2011 06:45 AM

Wow! another wonderful looking slop meal! You are the slop queen! :)

It is all about finding what works....But why does it have to take so long!

Have a great day!

Izzysdream 06-14-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamazon (Post 14737330)
This finding the correct low carb path business is SLOW GOING, isn't it? Took me long enough, but I think I am finally getting it.

Yes, you are! Fantastic job with Induction Ang!:heart:

janetsbreeze 06-14-2011 09:00 AM

Ang, a new journal! :D

You have done such a great job on induction - KUTGW!

Bejewelme 06-14-2011 12:47 PM

Ang- I am like #11, darn work getting in the way, LOL

So you can stick to induction or do as he says and slowly add and see what happens, since you maintain at a pretty high level I bet you can get to like 40 and still lose, and if you make those visits to the gym again, maybe 50??????

Martini72 06-14-2011 04:46 PM

Asparagus Flan is sort of a crustless quiche with lots of cream n cheese and whatever else u put in it. Just like the dessert. But not sweet. Hmmm i wonder if it had sugar in it. It was tasty. I need flank steak. I want a stirfry but I think a chili dog slop bowl is coming on! Good Ole TOM has me wanting to eat everything. DARN HIM! What for dinner ladies???

LCinSC 06-14-2011 04:47 PM

Another bright, shiny new journal!

You are the induction queen! Congrats!

I really liked the recap of your story so far. I admire you for sticking with LC through a stall of that length. That is amazing to me!

Bejewelme 06-14-2011 07:21 PM

Martini- I am doing flank steak tomorrow in the crock pot, Ideal brown sugar, soy and beef broth, OMG Wegmans sells Ideal sugars I almost died and cheaper!!!!! I will let you know how it turns out tomorrow night!!!

Hi Ang!!!

kittycitygirl 06-14-2011 07:40 PM

OH! Ang!!! It just came back to me a bit ago! You were in my dream last night! I was watching tv, and there you were! On the runway! Looking smashing too! Must be a sign!

glamazon 06-14-2011 07:44 PM

Hi KCMama! It is still chilly here, I have to wear a jacket on my morning walks! Summer is coming soon, though-- and when it does, Oregon is glorious!

Thank you, Ladies! I am feeling pretty good about stuff. Hopefully I can keep at it without a burnout!

Martini, Asparagus Flan just sounds :sick: in my head-- flan is a Mexican custard thing! Was it a fritatta? Because an asparagus fritatta would be to die for! Yum! Were there eggs? Or was it really a cheesy asparagus pudding?

Stephanie, that 8 month stall really sucked, but I kept at it. I still don't trust that it's gone, I feel like I'll wake up tomorrow and SURPRISE!! 250's again. I had to just keep going, though-- what was the alternative? Eat crappy sugar food and gain all that I had lost? Like every previous year of my fat life? There were so many positive reasons to soldier on despite the scale not budging-- my mood was stable and good, I slept so well, I had more energy, I was more productive with my day, I was a better thinker, mother, wife, daughter, sister and friend. I'm a nightmare when I'm lost in the sugar quagmire, and I don't enjoy my wonderful life and I get depressed easily about nothing. Being low carb has really improved all of that, despite no weight loss. So you see, stopping was not an option. I am so glad I didn't break down! I'd be right back at 280 or more if I had. I never want to go there ever again. :(

glamazon 06-14-2011 07:46 PM

WOO HOO KITTY! I haven't been on a runway in several decades. I can't wait to look smashing again! Please tell me I was wearing clothes!

kittycitygirl 06-14-2011 07:48 PM

You were! ...and looked wonderful! I was like..."That's Glam!!!!"

glamazon 06-14-2011 07:48 PM

Amber-- I don't have a Wegmans!! WWAAAAAHHH!

glamazon 06-14-2011 07:48 PM

:up: Kitty!

kittycitygirl 06-14-2011 07:50 PM

Our closest one is like 2 hours away! Ughh!!!

glamazon 06-14-2011 07:54 PM

Weight: 246.6

Exercise:
Morning dog walk
Evening dog walk

Supplements taken: cod liver oil, emergen-c lite, apple cider vinegar, multi-vit, cal/mag, B-complex, astaxanthin, CoQ10

DAY 1 of 7 Atkins Rung #2 (net carbs >25)

Net Carbs: 24.4
Fat: 144
Protein: 153
Calories: 2053
Ratios: Fat 63% / Protein 30% / Carbs 7%

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, sausage patty
Lunch: leftover enchilada slop w/ cheddar cheese, sour cream; avocado, daikon, cucumber
Snack: 2 Oberto pepperoni sticks
Dinner: Pioneer Woman’s Marlboro Man Sandwich filling (cube steak, butter, garlic, onions , mushrooms, orange peppers, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce—more slop in a bowl!)

Marlboro Man Sandwich

I’m not so sure I stayed under 25 carbs—I guessed on the Worcestershire sauce and may have underestimated, plus I ate a lot of veg. I probably underestimated that, too. Oh well. A few veggie carbs over isn’t going to make me fat again, so I’ll just carry on.

I wonder if Carnac is going to be right? She predicted 245.8 for me tomorrow morning—we shall see! LOL, I’ll probably shoot up to 251 again, just because low carb dieting IS A BUGGER and loves to torture the scale for no reason. Or maybe I can blame it on the moon. Yeah.

My positive for the day: I wore make-up today! Okay, so it was only a little eyeliner, shadow and mascara-- very light-- not quite glamazon status, but a start!

LCinSC 06-15-2011 05:09 AM

Ooh, I like the idea of eating the sandwich filling as slop in a bowl. Or over mashed cauliflower. Yumm. :) Keeping my fingers crossed you do see 245 on the scale!

Bejewelme 06-15-2011 05:17 AM

Oh I think Carnac is going to be right!!!! I am always right with Reva, I have to check my last prediction on her I think its coming up! I wish Carnac would predict me being 198 by 9/18 my b-day!! LOL

Maybe if I type it it will come true!!

Ang you are so doing this, I think 250 is ancient history, OMG if it comes back we are going to staple your mouth shut, I remember getting out of 250 was hard for me too, and now it seems 220 equally bad, I think we get like set points our fat bodies love that fat!!! You had the mother of stalls without huge cheats like me, LOL I think now that you are being so careful the 40's are going to fly!!!

OK hurry up and wake up and weigh so I know if the prediction was true!! I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!!