Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 05:28 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCinSC
Stats: 314/274.5/180 6'0"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 6/1/2011 at 282 lbs
I hope you have a wonderful time swimming! I agree with Amber, suits are getting cheap now. All the stores are marking them down. I personally have 4 suits in 3 sizes, so I guess I am set for a while.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/178/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Morning all!

Glam- I think you deserve a new galmtastic swimsuit! Just for getting in the pool

Bejewel - congrats on the running! I know I could not do over a mile straight! Very impressive!

I have been keeping up with working out even though I got home later than I wanted to last night- but it was good shows me that I can work out during the season when I get home at that time on a regular basis.

I had to laugh last night I did one of the classic firm tapes- from the 80's and I was so amused by the big hair, leotards, tights and leg warmers! Classic for sure!

Soooooo I may have had a piece of LC cheesecake for breakfast- I think its time to freeze that sucker and boil some eggs!

Hope everyone has a great day!

KISS and swoosh!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #243
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Glam, if you are worried about the suit being too big soon (and it will be!), the suits they sell now don't last long! One season is about all most will give you if you use it somewhat. (unless, maybe, you buy a higher quality/price one)

I was not wanting to get a new one last year bc I didn't want to buy a new one and it would be too big soon.

Get a descent looking for now one on sale. You deserve it! Probably great prices on these now!

I ended up getting some on ebay. I loved the way my old ones fit and couldn't find any that I liked as much. Bought one at a store, but it didn't work well once I started wearing it. So, looked on ebay for the brand I got before. Some are selling old stock of these on there. Can't get them in the stores/online anymore. Got a couple in my new size and love them once again. Just the way they are made I think! Going to snag all they have now! LOL Stock up!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Ang let us know if you find a great suit - good ones are hard to come by, at least for me.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #245

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I cant stand shopping for suits, I bought a 14 a 16 and an 18, the darn 18 is too big now, the 14 is the best, but it is a tank, I like tankinis for easier peeing, LOL The 16 is too big in the boobs, cant believe I am saying that, I don't even try them on, no way do I want to see myself in that dressing room, all white and pasty in a suit!!! I just pick one and hope it fits, LOL
Old 07-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I like tankinis for easier peeing
Now I FINALLY understand the point of the tankini!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #247

LOL Have several tankinis/skirtinis

THat is a great reason to get them...my reason, I can find them to fit me...tall thing...and many of you girls are taller!!! Eek! Most one pieces want to ride up, wedgie on the way! LOL
Old 07-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Driveby Smooches

Old 07-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Well its any day now....I feel ike I'm waiting for Santa...LOL Santa come get these 3 pounds!!! I went to Joe's Crabshack with 2 old coworkers. One gave me the wow look at u look and talk. Like she was truly shocked. Its been a year. I think she just thought I was fatter...LMAOOOOO I didn't shrink u have fat eyes..hhahhahaha I lie it felt good...LOL
Old 07-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
martini - isn't it awesome when people notice. We can both lose these niggling 3 lbs. I think they might be velcro'd on.

Def go get a new suit. It sucks being in a swim suit, nevermind in one that looks ratty and doesn't fit well. I need to get a new one as well, but uh, kinda hard in australia in winter while in the outback. Anyone bought one online? I'm kinda scared to do that.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Tig - I bought a one piece swimsuit online from Lands End and I am really happy with it. It's the first one I've ever ordered online. I think if you can find something that has great reviews it might be worth trying to order one.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #252

martini- girl you gotta learn to take a compliment, you dont lie and say she has fat eyes, you yes well yes I do look fabulous, thank you for noticing!!! I know I am bad about it too, I was just reading an article about self depreciating behavior, and how to take a compliment. LIke I feel when I tell people how much weight I lost they think damn you are still really fat, LOL So then I dont want to say it, or I am like I have about about 20 more to go, or I need surgery, blah blah, I keep making excuses!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
All of this talk about swimsuits is making me

Hope you had a great day!!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #254

I hear ya Amber...I'm the queen of it! LOL I think we are raised/trained not to or we will look conceited.

Tig, ordered mine from JCPenney previously. They don't make the barefoot miss one anymore. Probably call it something else now.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Good evening lovely ladies! You are talking to the queen of taking a compliment. Usually I just look them in the face with a smile and simply say thank you. If they are really lucky, they will get an "I KNOW!" tacked to the end of it. When you are complimented as much as I am you learn to just take it!*

*lie

No, seriously, it's always best to just say Thank You, and never ever elaborate or make further excuses. Why point out what no one is noticing? Over the years I've learned that people don't give a **** about much, and they certainly don't notice the finer details that you are well aware of. It just makes you look like you are fishing for more compliments, more reassurance and approval when indeed that wasn't your aim at all... and you drag your complimenter into a quagmire of negativity they didn't bargain for, pointing out and forcing them to acknowledge stuff they never would have noticed. They just wanted to tell you you looked great! That's all! So, all of you who can't take a compliment, it's VERY EASY:

1) Smile
2) Say Thank You!
3) That is all. You can shut up now.

I learned that in my teen years from a very classy and elegant mom of a friend. She was the wife of a University president and the queen of ettiquette-- REAL old school ettiquette, the type used with diplomats and
visiting Nobel prize winners.

Nothing else rubbed off, by the way, but I always remembered that!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day! It is blazing hot here today-- completely glorious and I can't stand it-- Glad it will be cooling down a little soon.

I did look for swimsuits, but it was a bust. I tried some on at Lands End-- I'm a 20W, that's for sure-- but it's still so blousy around the middle. Whatever I buy, I'll have to take in the waist. And the Swim mini skirts are HORRIBLE on me-- my ass just pushes the hemline up in the back and I look tilted and fatter than ever. NO. JUST NO.

I did swim today, but I slunk into the pool in my ratty faded hobo suit just as quickly as I could!

Thanks everyone for writing in my journal today! You all!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight: 250.8 yeah yeah yeah I know I know

Exercise:
1 hr lap swimming
Evening dog walk

Supplements taken: emergen-c lite, Bragg’s apple cider vinegar, multi-vit, cal/mag, b complex, biotin, coq10,

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, 4 sausage links
Lunch: leftover taco meat: crumbled hamburger, cheddar cheese shreds, salsa; celery sticks
Dinner: Burgerville—double colossal sans bun over lettuce, tomato, pickle, bacon, homemade cheeseburger dressing; LC sugar free strawberry milkshake. OH YES I DID. (Carbsmart vanilla, heavy cream, fresh strawberries)

Yeah, milkshake. Everyone was having one and I had a weak moment. I couldn’t finish my shake, it was too rich. (I cannot believe I said that with a straight face.) So, I dumped the leftovers into popsicle molds for my son to have tomorrow. I hate that freaking carbsmart and want it to go away already! If it’s here, I’ll eat it! I’ll feed the rest to my mother tomorrow and call it a day.

Kept myself busy today—just mapped out my schedule for the next few weeks—CRAP! I need to finish this dress ASAP. So, if I disappear all day and only pop in for a tiny quick report late at night—well, that’s what’s keeping me away. It is shaping up just beautifully, by the way! I’m not really partial to ruffled stuff, but a wedding holoku is a special case for sure. I did dither for quite a while on the scale of the ruffles—too short and it’s not luxurious enough, too long and they will shoot off the edge of her bust in a most unflattering way. I got it, though, and it now looks more holoku than Mexican restaurant hostess. I had to make a new pearl order—which I always love doing. I get to order wholesale, and it’s like being a kid in a candy store—I wanted everything!! I use a lot of pearls in my renaissance gowns, but this time they’ll go onto the wedding dress trim.

My Positive for the Day: I no longer need a 22W or 24W swimsuit!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #257

WooHoo on the smaller suit size!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HOLY COW my tummy doesn't like this CarbSmart ice cream! I can recreate all of Chewbacca's scenes from Star Wars just using my butt!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #259

OH NO!!! I hate when that happens!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #260
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
LOL Ang, have a great day sweetie, maybe you should stay away from the ice cream at least till you can get the rest of your musical band together.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:35 AM   #261

Ang- thanks for the taking compliments lesson, I know you are suppose to just say thank you, but you know me motor mouth just cant let it go, and has to blabber on!

Swimming- yeah you did it, you got your butt into the pool! I was never a fan of the swim skirt, too old ladish! Keep looking and yeah a 20 that is awesome!!!! Pretty soon I will be sending you the new 18 one, its purple and loud I am sure you will love it!!LOL

I cant wait to see this gown you are going to show us right? OMG pearls are like shopping for beads I went through a beading phase and now have boxes of them, I cant resist them!!!!

OK get your gown done so you can come and blabber at us!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:04 AM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratewoman View Post
LOL Ang, have a great day sweetie, maybe you should stay away from the ice cream at least till you can get the rest of your musical band together.

Have a great day Ang! Yes, get the dress done and come have a cuppa and jabber with us!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Good Luck with the gown Angela, sounds like you have it all figured out. I so understand just popping in for a minute. That's how I have been. SO crazy busy right now!
I have a one piece suit with a short ruffle around the bottom, it's 'ok' and that's about it. I hate to think of how hard it will be finding a new one when this one starts falling off!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
OMG, I tried Carbsmart once. Never again!

Sounds like the dress is coming along nicely. Just stick to your schedule and it will be done in no time!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

I hope your stomach has recovered from the CarbSmart!

And yes, please post pics of the dress when it is done!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm taking a break, my head is all googly with numbers and pattern drafting and fitting and draping and pinning. How do people just blithely throw things together and be done with them? Am I just slow? Too particular? Anyway, I'm fitting the toile now-- a muslin mock up-- I never touch the pretty fabric until the very end! All this sewing dresses business is very time consuming and precise. I wish I had a magic wand! Or maybe a fleet of couture seamstresses who do what I want and I don't have to actually do anything. YEAH!! That's the ticket!

Anyone doing anything interesting today?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Interesting thoughts on compliments. Never thought about the yapping on looks like fishing for more compliments.

I am pretty good at taking them actually, and belong to the smile and say thank you school of thought. I also LOVE to give them and have been known to randomly go out of my way to give them to strangers to make their day. Especially to those that look like they might be having a bit of a crap day. I know how a nice compliment can perk me up, so I try and pay it forward a bit.

Good work on the swimming! I don't like tankinis or skirted things. I find them unflattering, but that's just me. As long as a suit has good support to strap in the girls, and doesn't emphasise the back rolls (god I can't wait until they are gone), and isn't to high cut - its a win. Thank god for my small waist. Adding more bulk to my already ample hip area is NOT a good idea. I was also always afraid a tankini top would roll up and then my blazingly white belly flab would scar everyone for life

I think that carbsmart needs to go down the sink. Do you think you mom really needs to poop that badly?

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 07-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy_oz View Post
I was also always afraid a tankini top would roll up and then my blazingly white belly flab would scar everyone for life
I share this fear. I am convinced I'll be flopping around at the pool or beach blinding and scarring people for life.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #269

Man my latest gorss out is the bra flub it is all loose and pushing up over the sides of my bras very gross!!!!! Another area for the surgeon to tackle, I figure he has a worse job than me!!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Oh Boy. I'm starting to think I have communication issues...LOL!!! I suck up compliments like a Hoover. I smile reallly big, Pop out my dimple (on my face..LOL), bat my eyelashes and gush "Aww thanks!" A guy at the salad bar said my hair looked good. Smile, Pop, Bat, Gush!!! (Think the jail dance sequence in the movie Chicago..LOL) Sure he doesn't know Ginger would fit in his pocket nor does he need to...LOL

Ahhhh toiling away on the bride's dream!!!:blush: She is lucky to have a dress made with love!!!! I LOVE RUFFLES!!! I have a ruffle wrap short that fades from purple to lavender I can finally squeeze in!!! LOL
Closed Thread