Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
RIGHT!!! I think that kept me from making my goal last month.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/170/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
A lurker no more

Knock, knock...cough, cough...is this thing on?

Hi all- I have finally decided to make the jump and introduce myself, and stop being a creepy lurker on this wonderful journal. This journal and community that has grown from it is something I am in awe of.

I am one of the crazies that have read EVERY.SINGLE.PAGE. of this journal, and funny it was a cheesecake that made me make the jump!

Angela I wanted to thank you for all of your inspiration, humor, sweetener knowledge, straight forward thinking and supplement knowledge (although I am going to ask you a bit more about this)

To all of the others- you are an amazing group constantly supporting and kicking each other in the a** when needed! I love it and I want in!

So now that all of that is out there a little about myself...
I am 28 years old, I was married in Nov of 2010 (at about 135 lbs mind you!) We moved into a cute little cape, in a cute little neighborhood on LI in the hometown where my husband grew up. I work A LOT. It is the nature of the business I am in- I would love to be home more and am working on it, but for right now and the past 6 years- this is where we are. And my job reeks havoc on my weight loss ability.

We have a rescue beagle who makes us so happy and who's anniversary of coming home to us is coming up on 2 years July 10th. My other love is to bake. I love baking everything and anything (although cookies are my least favorite) and thus the beautiful cheesecake and sweetener knowledge has brought me out.

Here might be one reason I was hesitant to jump on- I am really short. I top out at 5'3" when my hair is frizzy and I stand up really straight. I might get lost in the glamazon trees around here!

Well that was a long and rambley enough post. Hope to be back soon, perhaps with pictures of the cheesecake. It was nice to finally make the jump and "meet" you all officially.

KISS and swoosh!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
labmini - glammy rocks!

Ug loose skin. Don't EVEN wanna think about that nightmare. Perhaps us slow as snail losers have a leg up on that one. I reckon most of my excess skin will dissapear other than my arms. My arms are just like ambers before pics.

40lbs a year over 3 years is a great way of looking at it martini - we all have shown we CAN stick with this long term so no worries right?

I'll come be your servant angela IF you make me those awesome cheesecake bar thingys and be my sewing wench :P

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 07-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #214
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Welcome Labmini!! I hope you find the support you are looking for. One thinf with LC it is very easy to eat LC in social and business situations if you find the willpower to do it!!!

Loose skin is disgusting but it is just stage one, surgery can fix the rest, so I want to get as saggy as possible, LOL I gotta start getting some rashes then maybe the insurance will pay for some of it, my cousin and I were talking today she works for an insurance company she said leg veins have to stick out 1/8" for insurance to pay for it, mine are all bulgy and gross!!! That is the first thing I am doing in the Fall, then surgery next spring for the rest, dont care if I have to charge it, I am doing it!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCinSC
Stats: 314/274.5/180 6'0"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 6/1/2011 at 282 lbs
**LA LA LA LA** (I can't hear you talking about loose skin!)

Hi Angela! You are doing great! I'm taking it easy until the 5th too. I bet it won't take a year for exercise to grow on you. I give it six months. But you are right, even if it takes a year, better a year working on exercise than a year NOT working on exercise!

labmini, and welcome!

Frenchie - Your new project sounds awesome!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Labmini! I'm glad you finally decided to join us! You're not the only mini around here-- I think Martini is a little thing, and Writer Laura? Maybe Miss Latte? When I need a good butt kicking or hand holding, I don't much care how tall you are. I can't believe you suffered through all those thousands of pages-- yikes! These girls are pretty wonderful, so I don't blame you.

I love to bake, too! I would just die if I didn't have Steviva and Ideal to make goodies with. And coconut flour! And almond meal! Shoot. Now I want to bake!! Yes, please show off your cheesecake when it's done! My favorite recipe was made with my regular bar crust (with DECREASED salt! I clearly made a typo.) and then Simply Recipes Perfect Cheesecake for the filling, subbing the Ideal instead of sugar.

Right now, though, all I want is ice cream and popcicles! I need to come up with the perfect thing I can chow down on a hot day and not worry about carbs. Hmmmmmm. Something with a coconut milk and heavy cream base.

Tig, I will make you cheesecake bars and sew up whatever you want! Crack my whip, please! And wear your boots.

Don't worry, ladies-- we'll get through this holiday filled with amazing food and figure out a way to make ourselves LOVE exercise. Amber can be our mentor!

to all my friends here, Happy Independence Day! We are bbqing chicken right now and I am COMPLETELY OFF MY ROCKER, eating sugar free popcicles, carbsmart ice cream bars, Zevia Root Beer Floats w/ sugar free ice cream-- and watermelon. Yes, I enjoyed watermelon. Today is (alomst) a completely unappologetic day off! Hope you all are having a wonderful day, too!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #217

A local dairy here has fat free, sugar free ice cream with Splenda, gotta say I love it!!!! When it is hot like this and the kids are stuffing it in, at least I can eat 1 or 2 spoonfuls, no bowls and it is OK. LOL Summer=ice cream as a treat at some point!

I know you dont like the carb smart bars, but darn they are good when you need a fix!!!

OK mentor speaking, I am busting my hump with this running, I need support, so if I am running 3 days a week, in addition to the workouts with the trainer, spinning and zumba, you can go to the pool/gym 3 times a week,think of it as suffering with me, and I know you would if we lived close you would walk that track with me at the least and cheer me on!!!!

If you go I know it will help firm you up and you will lose inches!!! Like dude, people at the pool today were like OMG you lost so much weight, I saw these people on Memorial day, I lost 9 pounds, so its not the weight its the exercise, my fat butt, skin and all is stuffing into size 14's!!! Its the exercise, I am still a beastly 215 pounds, its the exercise, get my point? LOL
Old 07-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I you, Amber! Yes, I will suffer with you and cheer you on!! You and your zipped up wedding gown have me thinking deeply and convinving myself to GO!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Well the low carb cookouts continued!!!! I got to my folks house..NO FREAKIN BAKED BEANS??? This is against our family BBQ food pyramid!!! They didn't have any onions! Al my dad made was ribs!!! LMAOOO!!! I shucked the 10 cent an ear corn, fried it in butter, defrosted frozen greens, fried corn fritters and made deviled eggs!!! I only had 1/4 fresh corn n 6 corn fritters (2 carbs said the bag) I FREAKIN DESERVE THEM!!! No dessert, and OMG they had a huge barrel of Pork Rind near the spot they keep cheetos and mini cookies. If I didn't know any better I would have sworn somebody has told them something!!!

Hey I'm not little!!! I'm freakin 5 foot 7 AND A HALF!!!! So labmini...tell the girls how long u have been lurking creeepily...LOL And they wonder why don't have any pictures on here... So glad you came out the bushes!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini72 View Post

Hey I'm not little!!! I'm freakin 5 foot 7 AND A HALF!!!! So labmini...tell the girls how long u have been lurking creeepily...LOL And they wonder why don't have any pictures on here... So glad you came out the bushes!!!
Hey perhaps one of them is LC'ing? Sounds like a great feast!

BTW, you are little compared to us amazonians. Me amber and diane at 5'10 and glammy 6'2.

Go go amazons!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/170/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome- and if you really want to know how long I have been lurking- probably since March/April when I begam this whole LC thing!

The cheesecake came out ok- I had a piece before it was fully set so it was a little soft and airy but I checked it this morning after it has had time to chill and it has firmed up- the epic fail of it though- the crust, or I should say my pan- the whole crust was waterlogged from water getting into my crappy old pan through 4 sheets of tin foil! Beautiful crust ruined.

Good news though my husband liked it so I think the ideal sweetener is a keeper! Glam thank you so much for the recipe!

With only 2 of us and a giant cheesecake though I will be slicing and freezing the rest (after one more piece tonight)!

Back to the grind today, but I'll be stopping by when I can!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #222

Martini- do you think someone told your family you are doing LC? You didnt tell your family that you are doing it? I think someone is looking out for you, we had fresh corn too, it wasnt worth eating not that good, it sort of makes my tummy sick so I dont miss it too much but when our local corn comes I will probably have a few spoonfuls. Deviled eggs, I swear I ate a ton of them this weekend I am about sick of them!!!

OK Ang- I expect to see a pool/gym report, 3 days this week, tonight I have trainer for an hour, then home for dinner then later running, it is really hot and humid here today so I think I will running late tonight. Yesterday was sort of overcast, it figures back to work and it is bright sunny and hot, ughghg I want to go to the pool!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Happy Monday!

Labmini, I say the same thing about myself--that I'm 5'5 if my hair is a little poofy and I stand up really straight.

Thank you Angela and Amber for being supportive in my journal. This weekend really sucked and I appreciated the kind words.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Well only my sister knew. She hasn't called my parents so I doubt she told it. I think they just were tired and didn't feel like cooking. I made everything except the ribs. Gooshhh I am sooooo enjoying being off work today. I have to become productive! I had eggs and sausage for lunch. Same thing as yesterday for dinner no corn products.

WHERE THE HECK IS GLAMISHA!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #225

Lucky duck sitting home in PJ's eating eggs, LOL!!! man that is the life!!!!!

I think Glam is swimming her little butt off at the pool this morning!!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

SWIMMING!!!! That would be awesome!!!! Ohhhh Waterbugggggg??? Are our toes all shrively????
Old 07-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I am a "Not Tall" person. More like a hobbit, but without the furry feet. So what if I have to lean way back to look up at all of you? I'll count the leaning as excercise!

Welcome Labmini!

Ang, you on track with this. So what if you are a slow loser? The scale and inches are still going down!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You guys are dreaming! I slept in, and have just wandered out in my fleece leopard print bathrobe. Coffee mug in hand, hair completely askew, two little boys begging me to make pancakes already. (My son had a buddy spend the night.) We were up very very late blowing things up. Big big things, and we all have fireworks hangovers.

So yeah, reading about Amber's day made me cringe.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, and Good Morning, everyone! XOXOXOX
Old 07-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy_oz View Post
BTW, you are little compared to us amazonians. Me amber and diane at 5'10 and glammy 6'2.

Go go amazons!
5'11 here

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
oh, and Good Morning, everyone! XOXOXOX
Goooood morning! ooh pancakes! I found a recipe on nourishing days for coconut flour pancakes that is yumtastic - definitely worth trying!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #231

Oh Ang, I was sure you were off swimming!!!! LOL Firework hangover, are you one of those people up til freaking midnight last night, blasting stuff, I swear 3 nights of listening to it, I can sleep through anything, but I kept waking up thinking the roof was caving in, and I never did see one darn firework! I live down in a valley and I can never see above the tree lines!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

:blush: Yes, we are the jackwagons of the neighborhood. My brother likes to come over with his $$$$$ of dollars worth of giant John Philip Sousa approved loot and light it up.

Last edited by glamazon; 07-05-2011 at 10:20 AM..
Old 07-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCinSC
Stats: 314/274.5/180 6'0"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 6/1/2011 at 282 lbs
I'm looking forward to this "sleeping in" that older children do! My son is pretty much up by 7 no matter what.

Some of our neighbor started in with the fireworks on June 30th - they had fireworks every night and last night they were still going at 1 AM! UGH!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

I saw wonderful fireworks butthe Mosquitos tore me a new one! Between swatting at them I saw some pretty cool stuff from a show at a park. After a while they all look the same...LOL
Old 07-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds like a lovely night. Blow it up reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal good (second city reference).

MMmmm pancakes. You're a good mom.

with that LC thing martini - the weird thing I reckon is pork rinds instead of cheetos. Cos Cheetos are NOT cooking. Whatever the reason, sure is handy when there are few temptations!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

They used to have cashews. They were just on sell and my mom hadn't had them in a while. The cookies and cheetos aren't going anywhere...LOL
Old 07-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #237

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Hmmm... a lot has gone by since I've posted....

Eeek also on the loose skin! Still crossing fingers, hoping, praying some will tighten up.

Welcome Labmini! 5' 9" here. So not a glam height and not "troll" short! LOL

Went to the fair for fireworks and a bike show. Yep, "they" have been putting them off all around us here. They will until they run out of them too. Some we can see, others we just hear.

Interesting menu Martini!

Hey Ang, stealing your "plan of action" idea! I think I need to do some deep thinking here.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ooooookeydokey, so I'm back to business TOMORROW, the 6th. Did I forget to mention that? My husband had a 4 day weekend and we made the most of it. I was low carb but ate everything I wanted and didn't do much of anything else. Didn't even weigh. So-- I'll be back in the morning when my schedule settles down.

Hey Amber! I WILL BE SWIMMING TOMORROW! My son has his diving class, and my husband and I join him in the pool after his lesson-- it will be open swim for more than an hour. I will swim lazy laps and the guys will bomb the pool from the diving board.

XO!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shoot. I really need a new swimming suit. My current one is pretty ratty and I have to tuck the tankini top into my skort while I swim. I look like such a dork!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:38 AM   #240

Ang- go buy a suit they are cheap now!!!! LOL

I did it I ran over a mile straight, 16 minutes, I was shocked!!!! I thought I was going to keel over!!! I gotta get up to 20 minutes this week, I am starting to feel like I can do this race, I figure the obstacles will give me a little break, so probably wont have to run more than a mile at a time!
Closed Thread