Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2011
Angela is TOM around the corner? That might be your cause. Congrats on sticking to it today. As to the chocolate cream I am not so sure I could have done that. You are a strong woman!

Once again thanks for the tip on the embroidery, I would be interested in anything else you have to say on that subject. It sounds like it could be much fun for me!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
I'm thinking it is that filling the cells with water thing...
Old 07-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #183

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
You will bounce back down nothing worse than seeing a new low and having it escape but it comes back! I am going up and down a pound or two but seeing a new low gives me hope!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Angela, I love the way you think things through and come up with these plans of attack. It definitely inspires me to do the same.

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Good evening everyone!

Not time for TOM, Diane, just finished that a week ago. I don't know what's up with the poundage, but I can't care. I just have to keep going! The Renaissance embroidery would sell like CRAZY! Even if it's an expensive piece, you'd be surprised how many people out there have money and are willing to spend it on costuming stuff. The quality of your workmanship would guarantee you superstar status in that world, and you could make what you like, on your terms, on your timeline, and it will always sell. No one else is doing it for profit, because it's hard, and there is a market for it! Even small projects like detatchable cuffs with a bit of your meticulous embroidery would endear you to all SCA members. And they have money! Have you seen my website, Diane? I'm slow to create, but when I do, it is sold in a flash.

Thanks, Kitty, Amber and Laura! It's difficult lately, but I'm still here!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 07-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight: 251.2 HUH??? WHATEVER, JERK!!!

Exercise:
Evening dog walk

Supplements taken

Breakfast: 2 old boiled eggs time to go to the store!
Lunch: Costco Deli chicken ceasar salad—doctored up with olive & pepper tapenade, extra parmesan and bacon bits; 5 strawberries
Dinner: leftover Asiany slop: crumbled hamburger w/ garlic, onions, broccoli, red pepper, mirin, sesame oil, shoyu, sesame seeds

No pics, oops. I’m a winner, huh?

I am currently pattern drafting a princess seam bodice for the holoku, she has a bigger bust so it is a challenge. I got this! Otherwise a boring day running errands and trying not to snack.

My Positive for the Day: The 1x shirt I’m wearing is pretty big around the midriff! That’s nice!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:15 AM   #187

Ang- do not say JERK!!!! You are not a jerk!!! It will happen, just give it some time and get yourself settled down you are all stressed out about this gown!!!! I think when this thing is finally done you will be able to focus more and get back in the groove!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Goooood morning! Any fun plans for today?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL, Amber-- I was calling the SCALE a jerk! Don't worry about my psyche, I know I'm not a jerk. Not today, anyway. heheheheh.

Good morning, Miss Latte! Nope, no plans. It is a glorious blue day today, though, maybe we will sneak out of the house to somewhere natural and cool, or maybe we'll just loaf around and detox from the busy week. We're flexible.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #190

My scale was a jerk today too! It showed 143.2 this morning. Got off and on several times. Got excited thinking some weird whoosh happened and I may be below goal....Thought, okay, going to make sure before I claim it...Got on later and back to 151! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! WT? Jerk Scale!!! Tease!

I say relax, enjoy some stress free time with your fam!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Hey HoneyPie!!!! I did pretty good yesterday. Someone says I have a potty mouth and they never knew. Umm why the f(#$(* u telling me. I already knew that. AHHAHHAA!!! So this person said I said potty mouth words in front of my own aunt. So I call to apologize and my aunt has no clue what I am talking about!!! Ugh now she knows I'm a potty mouth!!! I'm a tad ticked off as I have been wrongly accused....LOL I may have been after she left the party but not while she was THERE!!! Why are people soooo dramatic????

Soooo back to CA....Hi! My name is Martini and yes I am a carbaholic!!! I'm back down today but there are 3-4 cookouts and a party in the next 48 hours. My strategy is to eat only meat at every function....LOL I got a pineapple upside down cake from Costco to take to the one today. How mean of me...LOL I will d my best but I can't make many promises. *03. 8.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #192

Oh Lord Martini- you confessed and didnt mean to? LOL That is too funny!!! You always strike me as a nice girl!!! I'm a potty mouth and I admit it!! LOL Like you have to be so careful with the kids, I get to work where it is so bad, and I can cuss it with the boys!!!!!

Pineapple upside down cake from Costco? OMG I love Costco, and guess what, they are going to build one near Tony's office, Wegmans and Costco in his drive, OMG I am so excited!!!!!! I spent $300 at freaking BJ's Gosh I hate going when I have to get all the useless stuff, soap, laundry detergent, etc, its so boring!!!! LOL

THe bacon at BJ is way more expensive than the Kirkland stuff so I will keep having Mom get me that for now, my son loves it and he can make Nan BLT's. you girls will have to fill me in on other good stuff there!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #193

Potty mouth! LOL We always say we that our job makes us bipolar! One moment we are all pissed, and coming down on someone, the next all happy and peppy! Same for the potty mouth thing! Turn it on and off! LOL

Costco...never been there. We have one about 40 min.s away though....now thinking about checking it out for big trips.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Oh dear martini You potty mouth you! Some people just live for the drama. Good luck with all the cookouts. Your plan sounds good - just stay away from the cake! The cake is a lie?

I to am a potty mouth at times but I also have very good control over it. Just depends on who i am talking to what words come flying out. The rude version of poop and its derivatives are fairly common in my every day speech. Like amber I've worked in a fair few male dominated workplaces so it's kinda second nature.

yes scales are jerks. Yours was super jerky though miss kitty ketchup. I think I woulda thrown it across the room if mine did that to me!

Angela, you make the BEST slop . Glad the dress is coming along well and you haven't gone totally insane - yet.

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 07-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Hope you're having a great weekend, Ang!

Martini, I keep meaning to ask this and forgive me if I missed it somewhere along the line. What is your 'crack slaw' and how do I make it?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's bad to have a potty mouth? ****! How do I unlearn George Carlin's list of dirty words? ****.

No formal report today, just popping in to say I'm fine. 249.8 this morning, things are getting better. Busy day, now I'm cranky because it's hot. How can you all stand it? I want my 70 degree weather back!

eggs, sausage, strawberries for breakfast
salami, cheese, cucumbers, peppers for lunch
hot wings, celery, cucumbers, peppers, fresh green beans, avocado, homemade dip for dinner

See you in the morning!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:43 AM   #197

Ang we had wings, Tony grilled them and then I dipped them in the butter old bay, man they were good, I liked almost better than deep fried! Wings are good, wings created a loss for both of us!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Glad your scale is starting to treat you right or you might have to give it some serious name calling! I admit, I do have a potty mouth too and so does Frenchie! It's so funny cause he will cuss up a storm in English without batting an eyelash but I actually saw him blush once when I said a french cuss word. He does cuss in French too but not as often. I dont think it quite has the same impact when you are saying it in a second language cause boy that man can turn the air blue in English
Still really interested in this idea you planted in my head Angela. I would really like to have a go at it and wondered if you know where I can find some authentic patterns for those kind of things? I would hate to do anything that intricate and then find that it wasn't appropriate.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Diane, I'll pm you later today with links! XOXOXOX

Amber-- mmmm wings! It was a lazy meal for me, as ususal. I was *thisclose* to just hitting Burgerville, but I'm sick of spending money on food!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #200

Diane: GO FOR IT!!! Doing what you love, what you are good at, and making money! The perfect combo! You can set your own time, limits, etc. A bit of extra income, or more if you wish....You got the talent, go with it!

Hey Ang! Drive by peer pressure
Old 07-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much Angela, looking forward to it
Old 07-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Happy Sunday morning!

It's really hot here and I'm not liking it. Give me back my 65-70 degree weather with some wind and I'll be a happy camper.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
It's bad to have a potty mouth? ****! How do I unlearn George Carlin's list of dirty words? ****.

Very funny!!

Sounds like wings was popular over thataway. Good job on another day down!

You guys can come take my morning weather. TO bloody chilly for me. Bring on 10am when it gets nice.

Diane, isn't it funny about the second language swearing. My polish ex was the same actually. Swearing in polish was SUCH a no no it took me ages to get him to teach me the bad words as he was worried I would use them and some polish person would overhear.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi! Hi! Hi! I should not have taken on a new resolve in the face of a busy holiday and a long husband-home weekend. So, I am taking it easy on myself until the 5th. Still low carb, but not so strict. I'm just going to chill and enjoy the rest of the weekend with my family and blow up stuff tomorrow night.

Yeah, I was just not able to hold on to the three meal only thing today, but I'm still low carb. Whatever.

I really do think that I need to become a gymrat like Gymbalina. I think it's the only way I'm going to get anywhere. I've spent nearly a year eating only low carb levels-- and it got me 30 pounds down, but I think that's all it's going to do all by itself. Not at all what I was expecting, but it is what it is. Taking that next step, getting to the next level has been so hard for me, I wonder how I will do it. Amber sure is inspiring! I just need to suck it up and do it, I guess. Just go. I wonder how long it will take for me to steel myself and do that? lol

This is not a proper report either, as you can see. But:

249.9 this morning,
breakfast was eggs and sausage
lunch was salami, cheese, green beans
snack was babybell cheese, walnuts, almonds
dinner was giant taco salad w/ hamburger, romaine, cheese, salsa, sour cream, avocado & tomato

Have a great holiday, Ladies!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post

I really do think that I need to become a gymrat like Gymbalina. I think it's the only way I'm going to get anywhere. I've spent nearly a year eating only low carb levels-- and it got me 30 pounds down, but I think that's all it's going to do all by itself. Not at all what I was expecting, but it is what it is. Taking that next step, getting to the next level has been so hard for me, I wonder how I will do it. Amber sure is inspiring! I just need to suck it up and do it, I guess. Just go. I wonder how long it will take for me to steel myself and do that? lol
As usual - get outta my head! hahahaha - totally hear ya on this one. For me I'm thinking someone with a cattle prod, or other good weapon.

have a great blow stuff up day!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, a cattle prod. Or a whip. Is there anyone out there who would like to be my personal assistant? The pay is zero and you'd have to work 24/7 and do my laundry, but you want to do that, right? Because I'm so awesome? Right?

I don't know-- I adore being a lazy ass and loafing around and watching tv and playing on the internet and sewing costumes and monkeying around with my family-- I'm perfectly happy with every moment of my life. How do I add it in successfully so it's natural and I love to do it all the time every day? I don't want to dread any part of my life, or just not enjoy what I'm doing. Can I convince myself? Is this just my parastitic alien blanket of fat talking and trying to make me think it's hard when it's really not? All those shrieking little fat cells doing whatever they can to survive and not get peed out? I can have a good go at it for a while, but I always falter eventually and fall out of the habit. Then I start the cycle all over again. and again. and again.

I'm okay. I'll figure it out. Maybe I am just a SUPER SLOW ASS loser. It took me a whole year to enjoy being a serious all-the-time low carb eater, not having ANY bread or sugar or pasta or potatos or rice or whatever. A whole year to get to the point I'm at right now. I'm not perfect, but I am certainly considered low carb. Every day. Maybe now it will take me a whole new year to like exercise and WANT to do it and do it with content happiness in my heart. Maybe it will take me a whole 'nother year to get the snacking eliminated from my daily meals.

That's a lot of years to do something my brain tells me I should just do right now and get it over with. But I guess my real life just doesn't click with that line of thinking at all. I want to do it right now, my brain says so, but in reality it takes a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to get it right.

Oh well. What's a year, right? ****, didn't I just start all this nearly a year ago? What was I doing two years ago? Three years ago?

Time goes by so fast.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:52 AM   #207

Glam its like I told Tiggy, something in your head snaps, I begrudgingly joined that gym! I went and hid upstairs, but man then I saw changes and I saw people there changing using other stuff, and then it snowballed, do I love it everyday? Heck no, some days I drag myself there, but I know I have to do it!!! I ate 2 large ooey gooey smores last night, that was after my running and over an hour at the gym, I was still 215 this morning, that is why I believe in the exercise I went through that period where I wasn't losing and probably gaining muscle and now I am losing again, so it is so good, and lets face it, 80% of people in nursing homes are there cause they cant lift themselves off the toilet, we are getting old GF!!!! We have to do it to enjoy our latter ages as well!!! I still love sugar, LOL So if I can eat something sweet every now and then and burn it off at the gym I am OK with that.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:07 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

I am so with you on this one Angela. I enjoy my life, goofing around on the internet, playing with my fabrics, hanging out with my hubby. I am comfortable and it's hard to break out of that comfort zone. Should I get up off my fat butt and go to the swimming pool, yes...but I don't and I need to or at least do some kinds of exercise here at home to tighten me up. What good is losing the weight is my skin is hanging down to the floor Ugh!. And yes Amber, we need to keep our strength. Maybe getting up is easier when your lighter but it still takes muscles!
I hope you find what it takes to form a habit, I am over here trying to find something too!

p.s. Thanks for the links. I ordered the book you suggested, it looks like exactly what I need. I am quite excited by this!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:35 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
I am a Lazy Lima Bean too. And I definitely need to get this fat butt moving. Some of my fat rolls are droopy in weird places. I have a panic attack when I piched the skin on my belly and it stayed wrinkly. Is this the beginning of loose skin that has ben just fine and happy filled with fat but soon un-happy and droopy covered on rashes. I will sell water to the ocean to pay to get it hacked off. Problem solved...LOL think we have to work up to it. Just like eating low carb. Heck I'm ok with 40 pounds a year. 3 years =120.

AWESOME ABOUT YOUR NEW PROJECT FRENCHIE!!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Martini, I am very excited!

Let's not talk about the droopy skin and the rashes I don't even want to think about what I may look like.
Closed Thread