Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #1981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
LOL, Diane! It will take you all day! I've been uber chatty here and in excellent company! Missed you! Glad you're back!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #1982
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justice
Stats: 202/180/135
WOE: Atkins influenced whole foods
Hi Angela,

Happy back to routine day. I love the holidays, but something always feels good about getting back into a family routine. Whatever that is (sometimes I am not sure it really exists for us).

Have fun with your kettle balls!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #1983
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Thanks, Kristi! I want to keep it! Maybe we can wrestle for the gift. Since I'm much bigger than you, you know I'll whup you.

Which seasoning? The weirdo snobby salts or the taco stuff? The salts you can get online, or maybe there is a "gourmet" fancy store around you selling them.. and the McCormicks is just a regular grocery store brand that had the least amount of junk in the ingredients that I found. I probably really should make my own, how hard could it be? <<< famous last words
Round 1 DING, DING, DING

The weirdo snobby salts... I will search for these.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #1984
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm really liking the snobby salts! Mine were a gift set from a shop called "The Meadow" but Amber says you can buy them other places, too. I probably would have never bothered to buy them for myself (too expensive) but I am enjoying having them. Really, it's just salt, but knowing they are all "fancy" makes the food extra good. LOL! Mental!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #1985
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
I don't think it's mental, Ange...I've been using 'nice' salts exclusively for several months and now table salt tastes so nasty and medicinal to me that I can't stand it. It fascinates me that I was so used to it that I couldn't actually taste what it really tastes like.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #1986
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yeah we got them at a little local amish herb shop of all places, the kids are fascinated with the different salts, Tony prefers the black, I prefer one type of French, and the kids like the pink salt, it is fun to let them experiment, although they tend to go overboard so we have to watch them! Or they will be stroking out, LOL

I am having that Wildtree herb and seasoning party, I will be able to send links to buy if any of you want to take a look, send me your email addresses in a PM, then I can send the info. All kinds of blends, and all organic and natural, no added crap like bug killer, at the party they went through a list of ingredients on Old El Paso Taco seasoning, it actually contains chemicals banned in Europe, and bug killers, that is terrible, I don't want to be feeding that crap to my kids or me. My fav so far is the scampi blend, I am not one for parties, but the stuff impressed me, and most of it is low fat and low carb too, the founder had kids with serious food allergies and diabetes. It got my attention enough to agree to a party, only cause I really believe in eating cleaner! I am a mess of artificial splenda, LOL
Old 01-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #1987
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Angela, I have to ask what is probably a really dumb question. What is CAD?

I love seeing the pictures of your daily meals, although they make me hungry. You're doing great!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #1988
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Well, I guess if you're mental then I am too! I love the idea of "snobby salt". It looks so pretty on your meals!

Ambs, definitely send me a link, I'm interested!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #1989
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Diva, funny how on low carb our taste buds are suddenly awake!

Amber-- I KNOW, RIGHT? Some ingredient lists just infuriate me. Do you know what "cellulose" is? I thought I did. I thought it was edible plant fiber, you know, like stems and leaves and stuff, most likely soy, ground up for filler. NOT IT IS NOT. It is wood chips. Yes, you heard that right. Inedible WOOD. Cast offs from other industries. SOME FOOD DOESN'T EVEN HAVE FOOD IN IT! I could go on for pages disecting all the "hidden fancily named" food ingredients that are not really food, but I have your gift to finish today and I have to get crackin'.

Maryo-- WELCOME!! Glad you popped in! CAD is the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet, a book by the Hellers. You should get it from your library and give it a read. It is a very pleasant way to diet! But, they only allow certain meals-- for me it is breakfast, lunch and dinner, no snacks. On CAD they allow one of those meals to have a portion of high carb food-- even cake!-- but I am sticking to only Atkins foods, eaten on the CAD scedule. Works like a charm! Killed my snack monster! The book explains it well, but it is all about controlling your insulin releases. Control the insulin, control the fat.

Have a great day, ladies! I am off to work! YEAH!! Justice is so right-- I am loving getting back to my normal routine!

XOXOXOX

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 01-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #1990
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Here is a recipe I use for my taco seasoning. It makes a large batch so it lasts a while - only in case you are interested!

TACO SEASONING 

ingredients:

1/2 cup - chili powder

Scant 1/2 cup - cumin

Scant 1/2 cup - paprika

1/4 cup - onion powder

1/4 cup - garlic powder

1T - oregano

red pepper flakes - to taste
1/4 cup dried cilantro

This is adapted from Dana Carpender's 500 Low Carb Recipes.

I put it in a container with a tight lid and use as needed - about 1/4 cup per pound of meat.

It seems that all of the commercial ones have MSG or sugar in them. It takes a few minutes to put together, but then you are done for a while!!

Taco salad is on the menu for us tonight. I actually make up a big batch of seasoned meat and freeze in serving sizes so I can pull it out of the freezer when needed. As long as I have lettuce, tomatoes and avocado I am good to go!

Have fun sewing today, Angela. I really should get my sewing machine out and fix the elastic in a pair of pants - the elastic is not elastic any more!!

Enjoy your kettle balls and walk with the dog! The sun is finally coming out from behind the clouds. I am off to run errands all morning now that it is a normal business day again.

Hugs to ALL
Old 01-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #1991
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Hi sweetie!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #1992

Yeah OMG Ang you would have been dying the other thing is silica gel, you know those little packets to keep moisture out, that is put in food, that is super scary!!! Very disturbing and we wonder why society has gotten fatter, we dont exercise like we did in the farm days and we are not eating whole foods, man living on the prarie we would have all been thin, LOL

Yeah get to work on my gift I am working to earn it, double duty at the gym tonight!! I need to break this 200 barrier soon, it has been way too long!At least the sugar detox feels good, it is true the minute you dont eat it you stop craving it, but eating sugar makes me want it more and more! Nasty stuff! I was watching some show that the average American eats 4 cups of sugar a day that is frightening too!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #1993
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hills
Start Date: January 2013
Hi Ladies!

Seabreezes-thanks for posting that taco seasoning recipe! I will definitely give that a try instead of the store bought packet. I don't want any chemicals in my food-yuck!!

I want to try snobby salts too LOL. I'm going to see if I can find some here. I wonder how the pink or black salt tastes?

Thanks for the tip about the pre-workout carbs Amber! I had a cup of grapes/strawberries before my run today and I made it through 3 miles no problem. It's crazy how such a little serving of carbs goes a long way. I was still kind of weak with my lifting but I really don't want to add anymore carbs than that for now. As long I'm active a least 5 days a week it's all good.

I saw the scale bounce up today which is annoying but that's what I get for being a scale freak and weighing everyday. I know it's just water but still annoying!

Hope you had a good workout today Ang. Those kettlebells sound like a fun!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #1994

Yep you need glycogen to move weight and to run, and when you don't have it you poop out! I ate a little higher carb today but I have all legs to do tonight then running on the treadmill, I hate that but it is so darn cold here, I am forced inside tonight! You burned that little bit of carbs off for sure, remember grapes and strawberries are not jelly donuts, LOL

My problem is WW likes to move heavy weight and a lot of them, there is no toning for me, only muscle building,LOL
Old 01-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #1995
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
I'm really liking the snobby salts! Mine were a gift set from a shop called "The Meadow" but Amber says you can buy them other places, too. I probably would have never bothered to buy them for myself (too expensive) but I am enjoying having them. Really, it's just salt, but knowing they are all "fancy" makes the food extra good. LOL! Mental!
I remember seeing exotic salts in Williams Sonoma and Penzeys as well. They are pricy no matter where it seems. Are they really that good? you can taste the difference?
Old 01-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #1996

Once you have fancy salt no other will do!!! LOL It becomes your obsession, especially eating plain freaking meat for a year I had to jazz it up! I am not as creative as Ang, and ate really boring food!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #1997

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
They salted my road this morning (weird because they usually use ashes) and part of it was pinkish. Thought of you and your "snobby" salts ....guess my road wanted to feel snobby today!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #1998
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle! What a gorgeous new picture! Nice to see your pretty face!

Amber, How can food that lost you 150 pounds be boring? You're crazy! It should be presented on a pedestal with it's own spotlight and accordian show. Bring on the boring!

KCmama, I like them, but I switched over to frou frou sea salts over 10 years ago, so my tongue hasn't tasted plain ol' table salt since. But, I usally get them at Trader Joe's, they have a pink Himalayan salt grinder and a plain sea salt grinder that is cheap and tasty! But really, it's just salt.

Hills, I love the kettlebells! I'm glad you are having such great days with low carb! Keep it up! It's a long haul!

Hi Izzy!

SB-- FANTASTIC RECIPE! Thank you so much for posting it!! Hope all is well on the island today. I am missing it and watching airfares like a hawk!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #1999
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight:
-28 pounds from highest 280
72 pounds left to goal 180

Plan Today:
CAD/Atkins: Day 35
3 generous meals
No snacks
Plenty of water

Exercise:
General kettlebells: 15 minutes (working my way back up)
AM dog walk: 25 minutes
PM dog walk: 20 minutes

Vitamins:
Rainbow Light Women’s One X1
Rainbow Light Cal/Mag X2
Nature Made B-Complex X1
NOW Amino Acids X4
Carlson’s Lemon Flavored Cod Liver Oil- 1 tbsp
Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar-2 tbsp
Nature’s Way efa-gold Coconut Oil- ˝ tsp
Ginko biloba X1
Resveratrol X1

Breakfast:
Black coffee (Freshly ground, French press, San Francisco Bay French Roast from Costco)
3 eggs scrambled in butter
4 slices Hormel pre-cooked bacon

Lunch:
Can Costco albacore tuna, Costco Tassos Mediterranean Olive Salad, mayo, crispy fried onions, cracked pepper

Dinner:
Salad w/ Costco frozen pre-cooked tail-off Shrimp, romaine, fresh spinach, green onion, fresh parsley, avocado, grape tomatoes, crispy fried onions
Homemade dressing: Mayo, sour cream, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, evoo, wine vinegar, cracked pepper

Did I Drink Enough Water?
Yes

Did I Feel Good Today?
Yes

Did I Take Care of Business Today?
Yes!

Did I Waste too Much Time on the Internet?
Nope

Do I want my golden years to be stolen by degenerative frail health and immobility?
NO!

Do I remember that a simple planned camping trip “cheat” punted me into 3 months of struggling to get back on plan, feeling like crap, and regaining nearly all the pounds I just spent a whole year losing?
YES!

Am I fully aware that eating outside of my regular 3 meals will jeopardize everything I’m working towards? EVERYTHING. Family: I’ll be irritable. Business: I’ll be unproductive. Health: I’ll get fat and lazy again. Seriously. Don’t go there. Ever.
Yes!

Am I still damn mad, focused and determined to do what it takes to regain my Glamazon status?
HELL YES! I AM STRONG!

Notes:
*no notes, gotta put on some finishing touches!

My Positive for the day:

Successful Day Count:
35!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #2000
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hi Angela,
Nice sunny day here today. The Biggest Loser is just starting so will watch that.

Hope you got a lot of sewing done today. I didn't accomplish all I wanted, but tomorrow is another day!!

Your food looked yummy as always. I love the shrimp from Costco, too. Thank goodness we have one not too far away as we buy most of our food there, too.

Sleep tight!

Hugs
Old 01-04-2012, 03:33 AM   #2001
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
I have three words for you...buerre du bretagne. It's wonderful fresh creamy butter with nice big chunks of that 'snobby' salt mixed in. heaven!
They have several types of salt here that I have tried, even been down on the shore where they have it laid out drying. The others sound interesting though, I might have to look them up.
Honey badger challenge eh? This might be something I need to get into. I did pick up a few pounds over holidays *sheepish grin* Guess it's tme for me to get mean.
((big hugs)) for you Ang. Missed you
Old 01-04-2012, 03:45 AM   #2002

Ang- drive by with a gold star for the kettlebells, have a good day !!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #2003
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Ang - your shrimp looks delicious
Old 01-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #2004
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Janet! It was a pretty decadent salad-- yummo! Not too shabby for a "too busy working and watching Blazers win over OKC ( ) I forgot to get something out for dinner" evening. Love the Costco shrimp-- ready anytime!

Thanks for the gold star, Amber! Doing it again today!

ooooo Diane, that butter sounds heavenly. Americans have been trained to fear and hate actual salt (but don't seem to notice it loaded in their sodas and carbage) and just don't use it how the rest of the world does. I like salt! Although, my real love (as you can see from just about every meal photo I put up here-- is PEPPER. I looooove fresh cracked pepper. I need to find me a whole array of awesome peppercorns-- white, green, pink... yeah! Love that stuff. There was a study done, and I won't be able to find it now and have no idea how true it iis, but they said that peppercorns actually help you absorb vitamins from food better. Another excuse to load the pepper on everything savory! We had a green peppercporn sauce on steak in Italy while we were there, and it was to die for. I think it was a French dish, but I've never really looked for a recipe to copy it yet-- Must get on that!

Aloha, SeaBreezes! Happy sunny morning to you! I don't watch the biggest loser, I watched the first season and then fell away from it. My DVR is totally packed because I haven't been watching much TV at all these days. I used to be a total junkie, but the last few years my TV consumption has been almost nothing. Although, Project Runway All-stars is starting up tonight (I think) so I will watch that. PR has been on my **** list the last several seasons, so I don't have a lot of hope.

Have a lovely day!
Old 01-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #2005
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
Hi there, Favorite Seamstress! Looks like you're having a good time keeping on, yay you! I'm going to de-Christma-fy my home today. We took our daughter back to her Army post yesterday, so now I need to get ready to start on Swan Lake. Sad couple of days around here saying goodbye etc, and today is a real "bootstraps" day...slug it out, quit CRYING, and get on with it. I had a nice plate of protein pancakes and turkey bacon for breakfast, so I'm ready to start dragging out boxes and putting things away.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
Old 01-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #2006
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Big hugs, Diva, I'm glad you had a good visit and sorry she had to get back to business! We de-christmafied last weekend, but I'm still finding stragglers! Have a great day getting it all done! You'll feel good when it's all tucked away again. I'll be flapping my wings for you to help support Swan Lake! HONK!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #2007
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Ah same here Ang, only fresh cracked pepper and even better...only out of Grandfathers antique pepper grinder. (It is actually a coffee grinder in my mind, at least the one in our house when I was a child was called a coffee grinder) I also usually use the three pepper blend: pink, green and black.
I am a spice ho really, I have every spice you can imagine and love trying them out. Although I wish I was a bit more adventuresome. I cant wait to see what Amber is going to have with her spice party. XD
Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #2008

Oh Diva every time I see your posts I feel sad for you all over again, just pretend you feel the hugs we are sending you today! Gosh I am crying just thinking about it, I am a cryer, I should have been an actress, I cry over everything!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #2009
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Another successful day under your ever-shrinkin belt! As always, a total inspiration! You're dinner last night looked absolutely Yummo and I don't care for shrimp but I'd eat that heck yeah!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #2010
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*don't*care*for*shrimp* DOES NOT COMPUTE ERROR ERROR *smoke*

Ah, antique peppergrinder. Lucky!

Amber, I'll hug Diva and cry with you, too.
Closed Thread