Smooches

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2011
Hugs to you Angela, hope you aren't stressing out too much?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:05 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCinSC
Stats: 314/274.5/180 6'0"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 6/1/2011 at 282 lbs
Hi there! I understand what you mean about being so busy, it seems there is just so much to be done, or that could be done. Tracking and logging everything you eat can definitely be time intensive too!

I like Amber's idea of scheduling time - even if it was just 30 minutes in the morning and the evening to focus on what you are eating, enter it into ******, etc. I'm sure once you finish the wedding dress you'll be able to find your balance again.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Morning sweet lady!

Take a few minutes to breathe deeply. It will benefit you and the dress!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Can I send the dress fairy to you so you can come back and post with us? I miss the angela reports!!

Hope things are going well for ya dear. Must be nice to have a project, despite how frustrating it is. Not that long ago you totally couldn't drag yourself into sewing and here you are again, being a master dress maker .

No donuts!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #156

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Alright Ang, enough is enough you cant sew 24/7 get your booty back on here and tell us something!! I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 06-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
OMG!!! My Glamishaaaaaaaa!!!!! :blush: DID U SEE US DANCING WITH THE RIBBON ON OUR SHOW TONIGHT??? The ribbon is our fat!!!

Last edited by Martini72; 06-29-2011 at 06:38 PM..
Old 06-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
I'm here! I'm here! I'm here! I'm too addicted to be away too long.

Thank you ladies for checking in on me-- I love coming in here and seeing your "faces!"

I'm good with the dress, just working out some technique kinks and it's all good. I'm a little pissed that I own some very highfalutin sewing machinery that does just about everything FOR you, but the gathering feet on either of my machines (serger and regular sewing) are not up to my standards for gathering! I practiced and praticed and could not make it look as good as I wanted. So, back to the low-tech way of making gathers, which I can make look beautiful. DAMMIT! Nothing is ever easy. But, I know how I want it to look, and the ruffling feet just made cheap looking uneven ruffles. Maybe if I was making a sundress for a baby out of a pillowcase it would be okay. But not this!

You will never guess who I spoke to today on the phone: MY MARTINI! She is wonderful and I love her. If I could marry her I would. Although, I may suspect she'd only have me to make her blueberry cheesecake bars. Anyway, she's really cool and she needs to report in our journal MORE. MORE. MORE. We are both having trouble hanging on to our virgin weight loss and we need each other more than ever! HANG ON, MARTINI!

Speaking of sabotaging jackasses, I really need to get it back together. I WILL NOT GO BACK TO THE 250's!! I'm thinking about a new attack plan-- lol, again!-- one that won't burn me out or cause me too much stress about management.

So, here is what I have been thinking about (while making sub-par ruffles: )

WHAT GUARANTEES WEIGHT LOSS FOR ME:

Three meals a day
20-ish carbs a day
2000-ish calories a day
No nuts, no cream, no berries, no lc sweets, no snacks between meals

WHAT IS HELPFUL TO MY HEALTH BUT DOESN"T REALLY HELP ME LOSE WEIGHT:

Exercise

WHAT MAINTAINS MY WEIGHT WITHOUT GAIN:

Eating whatever the hell low carb food I want, as much as I like, any time of day. (This is currently not helpful AT ALL, other than to allow me to look forward to my goal future.)

WHAT I REALLY DISLIKE ABOUT DIETING:

The weighing and measuring and intermittent hunger pangs and time sucked away into ****** and all the obsessing and thinking and planning and blah blah blah.

WHAT I REALLY LIKE ABOUT DIETING:

My LCF girlfriends and every word they write to me, coming up with new slop ideas, new lc sweets, THE WEIGHT LOSS, the clothes fitting better, Not feeling so sluggish, sleeping better, not being a crabby *****, having a (mostly) clean house, LOVING my low carb food-- uh, surely there is plenty more, but you all have lives and jobs and stuff to get back to eventually.

WHAT I FEAR:

Falling back into the carb trap. When I am in a carb stupor, I DON'T CARE about being fat and unhealthy, and my tolerance levels plummet and I'm crabby. I just don't care and keep digging my grave with wild abandon. MORE cookies, MORE cereal, MORE ice cream, MORE bread, MORE MORE MORE BRING IT ON I DON'T CARE. I fear the not caring... it's totally true. When I'm eating sugar and flour, I don't care if the dog doesn't get walked, I don't care that I huff and puff, I don't care if I'm watching TV all day and the laundry piles up. I don't like myself when I'm like that, and it can so easily become a reality. I can gain back all my weight and more in a FLASH... because I stopped caring. That is what I really fear.

WHAT I'M REALLY GOOD AT, DIETWISE:

Staying general low carb, knowing what actually works for me, knowing low carb foods, enjoying low carb foods, not missing bread and pasta and whatever else stuff makes me fat and stupid, coming up with new enjoyable sweets, eating at restaurants and being fine with other people eating carbs around me, not eating after dinner...

WHAT I'M REALLY BAD AT, DIETWISE:

Staying as low carb as I need to be for extended periods of time, remembering vitamins and supplements that actually HELP me, Drinking A LOT of water, balancing the time needed to ****** and LCF report with a busy day, I get lazy and want conveneinece food, or don't feel like going to the store when I need to...

CONCLUSION:

Starting tomorrow, I am going to do a super simple plan:

*Weigh every morning, even if I don't like it.
*Report here every night, even if it's late and I'm tired.
*ONLY three meals a day-- unlimited and uncounted calories
*The meals will be as low carb as I can possibly make them without obsessing about it. I will not measure my lettuce or my cheese or my mayo, I will make the meals how I want to eat them.
*I will photograph the meals as often as possible- it really helps!
*No snacks.
*No ******.
*Walk my dog without fail.
*I will eat nuts, cream, berries, etc, IF IT IS A PART OF MY MEAL.
*I will go as long as possible without any kind of sweet, but if the dam breaks I will have one, and get RIGHT BACK TO NOT HAVING ANY FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.
*I will swim and go back to the gym as much as possible, but at the moment this is flexible-- my son is home, so I can't just run off whenever. New exercise plans need to be made, ones that can include him, like hiking, biking, football, shooting hoops, whatever. I don't know yet.
*I will start up my successful day count again, tomorrow will be day 1! A successful day will essentially be three low carb meals and taking my vitamins. Those are non negotiable to count a successful day, the rest of my "rules" are fluid bonuses... life gets weird and stuff changes-- but food and vitamins down the gullet never changes.

That's about it. Same ol' simple plan I've always had-- it was in my very first post in my first journal-- I just need to keep on keeping on. The main goal: Three LC meals a day. I've done it plenty times before and it is not a hardship. Just have to stay focused-- and yet not obsess about it.

THERE! I'm back!

Flabazon to Glamazon
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 06-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini72 View Post
OMG!!! My Glamishaaaaaaaa!!!!! :blush: DID U SEE US DANCING WITH THE RIBBON ON OUR SHOW TONIGHT??? The ribbon is our fat!!!
SYTYCD? I'm west coast! Haven't seen it yet! Now when iI see it I will think of our fat. You're a genius! A ribbon twirling Michael Jackson Dancing genius!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/148.4/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post

That's about it. Same ol' simple plan I've always had-- it was in my very first post in my first journal-- I just need to keep on keeping on. The main goal: Three LC meals a day. I've done it plenty times before and it is not a hardship. Just have to stay focused-- and yet not obsess about it.

THERE! I'm back!
I'm wit ya! Made it through one day now.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Izzy!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:57 AM   #162

Glam- you know you can do it, and I know you feel so in control of everything when you stick to your plan, and get so much more done, I know you can do it!!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:43 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

You can absolutely do this! How smart of you to take it back to basics, and put some time and thought into what really works for you! I like your plan, I like that you have written it out and committed to it!

Here's to a new successful Day Count for both of us!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:53 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
The basics really do seem to work best. When I start wandering off into the sidelines is when I get in trouble!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:14 AM   #165

Yay for getting back to basics! I'm with you! WooHoo!!! We will do this!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Ladies! I feel good today, but I already screwed up a little (not really) I forgot to photo my breakfast! Eh, it was just bacon and eggs, I'm sure you can visualize that just fine. LOL!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #167

Maybe take some pressure off by just doing lunch or dinner? Dont make it so much that you cant keep up and then feel like you are failing, make it easy!!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #168

Yeah, what she said!

I only want to see YOUR slop anyways! LOL I can look at my own bacon and eggs!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL, I am all about the easy! I think I will skip breakfast photos, well, unless I come up with something unique and interesting... I doubt it, I'm perfectly happy with my pile of boring eggs and breakfast meats!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Maybe take some pressure off by just doing lunch or dinner? Dont make it so much that you cant keep up and then feel like you are failing, make it easy!!!!!
Listen to the gym bunny one! I totally agree.

I really like the format you've used for evaluating things. I might borrow it and have a real look at myself as well.

I find it interesting that carbs impact your mindset so strongly. It probably ties in to having a wonderful family, a husband who loves you no matter what etc that allows the freedom to go a but nuts. I get mindless on carbs, but get a nasty sense of guilt at my out of control spiral as a single. When married I suppose I didn't care as much.

Love ya, you're so smart!

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #171

What is pushing me is that Tony is down with his leg and I want to surpass him physically, LOL IS that bad? OMG tonight I had the kids out in the yard doing push ups,planks, sit ups, Tony took a pic with his phone I wish I could post it, LOL Its like I feel like if I can beat him he is skinny, so I will feel like I accomplished something, LOL I am borderline crazed!!! I guess the exercise is getting out of hand but its the one thing I am really enjoying right now
Old 06-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Old 06-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Tiggy, If I could have used Excell for it, I would have! It helps to map it all out and see what needs work and what I can cruise with. Yeah, sugar and bread really affect me-- A LOT. It makes me mean and cynical and stupid. And FAT. Yeah, I'm lucky to have a man who thinks I'm a sexy centerfold no matter how flabby and wide and useless I've gotten. Crazy Hawaiians!

Amber, you are just nutty. I am so happy you are so driven to succeed! I want some of your crazy, please.

Martini! to you, too-- where is your report? How did you do today?

Last edited by glamazon; 06-30-2011 at 10:32 PM..
Old 06-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight: 250.6 WTH!

Exercise:
Evening dog walk

Supplements taken

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 4 slices bacon
Lunch: salad w/ salmon, feta, romaine, daikon, bacon, homemade creamy garlic dressing (mayo, sour cream, olive oil, wine vinegar, garlic, pepper)
Dinner: Asiany slop: crumbled hamburger w/ garlic, onions, broccoli, red pepper, mirin, sesame oil, shoyu, sesame seeds

So, here is my daily report—did just fine. So relieved I am back on track. I almost died seeing the 250’s again—I don’t know what the hell that was, but they will NOT be here tomorrow. NO WAY.

My positive for the day: Actually threw away my leftover LC chocolate mousse that was waiting for me in the fridge. Just threw it in the sink, squirted soap all over it and hosed it down. GOOD BYE! That felt weird, but it did not fit in today’s’ action plan.

Hey! I had an action plan and I executed!

SUCCESS TODAY! On to day 2.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:22 AM   #175

WooHoo on successful execution of action plans!!! Loving your slop again You can rock day 2

I hear ya on what those carby foods make us! Like alcoholics, we know what it does, but we slip back there so easily....That's why coming here is SO very important. Like an AA meeting. It's our CA meeting Hi, I'm Kitty, and I'm a carboholic....

Have a great day hun!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Kitty - Yes, this really is our CA meeting! Love that idea!

Angela - Great Day One! And yes, I think I can picture bacon and eggs. I am sure that 250 will be banished forever today! WTG tossing the LC chocolate mousse! You are DOING THIS!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:52 AM   #177

Whoa, Ang chucked her beloved chocolate cream, now she means business!!! Yeah!!!

That slop looks delicious!!!! I love slop, why dont I ever make slop? Well I guess cause Tony hates slop, he is so picky I swear he is like a kid nothing can touch on his plate, LOL
Old 07-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Hey! New girlie stopping in. Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #179

MissLatte!

If I brought Ang's slop to lunch at work, we'd have so many converts!!! It looks like a gourmet meal! Wonderful presentation! Lovely color contrast! ...and I'd bet delicious! Planning on making some slop as soon as I'm done with the meat and eggs thing
Old 07-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, Ladies!

Yep Kitty, carboholics. When I get sucked back in, I just become a total moron-- I don't stop and I don't care and I'm crabby to boot. I am so happy when I'm on plan!

Stephanie, unfortunately, the 250's were not banished today-- I was 251.2 this morning. ****!!! I don't know what that is all about, I certainly did nothing wrong food wise. I'll just have to suck it up and ride it out.

Amber, so sorry Tony doesn't like slop! Usually my slop is on top of rice for my husband-- or noodles, but usually rice-- I just have it in a bowl. My mom is all picky weird like that, too, I always have to omit the peppers or mushrooms for her. What a pain!

Welcome, Miss Latte! Thanks for coming in! I see you have a journal, I'm going to go take a peek and see what you are all about!

Lol, Kitty! It's called slop for a reason! I just fry up whatever was in the freezer, chop up whatever veggies are getting old, mix up some kind of sauce or spices or cheese or something, and there you go. Last night's meal was really bottom of the barrel! I am officially out of veggies and will head to Costco today.

Last edited by glamazon; 07-01-2011 at 07:02 AM..
Closed Thread