Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #1501
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I know I was shopping working off dinner and mailing some presents to my special LC friends, LOL So you are getting a gift Angela!!! LOL

OMG how can you not want a gift???? I want gifts, lots of them tied with sparkly bows, with AMBER written all over them LOL I always say oh dont worry about gifts,Tony knows full well I want them, and my Mom, God love my Mom she always thinks of me!! Tony never asks for ideas he likes to come up with ideas on his own he does pretty well, a few duds but overall it is always a surprise, LOL He took the kids to Costco and then to shop for me, Autumn spent more on me than the gift for her Mom he said I was impressed, cause heck I am way cooler, LOL Not everyone has Wonder Woman for a step Mom, LOL She loved the pictures of the costume, LOL

So I was busy all day didnt eat, and that made me cranky but a good thing considering I ate for 12 last night, LOL

Jess- no worries half a plate of nachos is child's play!!!!! LOL

I wante dto run but ended up at the gym, oh and ran into my old cleaning lady from when I was married, she didnt know me, LOL SHe was like WTH did you do- I love how when you have dieted and exercised people think you are lying, like maybe I will start saying I committed myself to a secret experiment-here's the secret--diet and exercise!!!!! She knew me at my worst!! She looked really good too, she lost weight and made her hair darker, she looked great.

So now I am tired, off to bed, I hope the 50 year old is tired too, LOL

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #1502

Ang- salmon cakes just gag me, I wish I could like them I have like 5 cans of salmon in the pantry, LOL But your pics look good!!!!!

I love your reports, LOL

YEah for the Christmas tree, I am usually like Martha Stewart, my old house was on the Christmas home tour 9 trees all theme decorated, LOL and now I dont even have a freaking tree up feels not right but I will manage a year without all the decorations, if it means selling this place, ughghg.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #1503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
Amber! You don't have to send me anything! What a sweetheart you are! I actually have a little something for you, too, but I'm not sending it until you hit 198.

Last edited by glamazon; 12-10-2011 at 08:58 PM..
Old 12-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #1504
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
We are another household that does not really do gifts anymore. I get taken on fabulous trips and that is our gift to each other. I have 50+ teddy bears and other stuffed animals under our tree instead of gifts. We have collected the animals on our world travels. It is fun when we put them out to remember where we got them.

We played bridge today after a Christmas luncheon at a lovely place on the ocean. It was with all of the people we met when we started playing bridge here 6 years ago. We also managed to do fairly well, which is always fun.

At the moment it is pouring rain - we were going to go out, but think we will not venture far now.

Again, your food looks so yummy. I will now have to figure something out for dinner. The freezer is full, so not too hard!! Actually I am hearing noises from the kitchen so had better go see what hubby is up to.

Hope all slept well and that your football teams win on Sunday.

Hugs
Old 12-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #1505

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
"HELL YES! I DO NOT LIKE MY BOOBS BEING BIGGER THAN MY HEAD!"

I lit. laughed out loud! DH is probably wondering what I'm reading!

Yep, all you have to do is buy expensive clothes you like, and you lose weight! LOL Seems to work well!

You are doing so well girl! Fight those urges! Just keep telling yourself that it is worth it!

I understand what you are saying about the presents. I told DH and the boys that I want some labor as a gift! I'd like some things done/finished around here. I'll probably make a wish list of items for my car for him since he usually insists! I too want new countertops and......LOL
Old 12-11-2011, 04:34 AM   #1506

Oh Ang, now I really gotta get there, I am afraid I am never going to see onderland, LOL Of course a bite of 11 different desserts doesn't help that!! LOL

Seabreeze that is cool about the bears I am sure that is a neat reminder of all the trips! You have a good hub so that is a good thing for sure!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:35 AM   #1507
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/178.5/150
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
You will too! I know you are going to see onderland soon! I can feel it!! I wish I could have 9 trees! We ended up buying a 9ft pre-lit tree yesterday...I decided to go for easy and clean... real trees make such a mess, plus the animals would be drinking the water every minute! Andrew ws like, but it won't smell good, and I told him I'd light a piney candle and he could sniff it. Haha! He loves the fake tree now that its up. It looks nice. I also have a 5 ft prelit. I usually put it int the kitchen with gingerbread and popcorn garland, but I don't trust myself thsi year, so it's going non-edible. Could you imagine? I write in my journal "I binged and ate all the ornaments off my tree" You'd want to have me committed!!
Ang: Those Salmon cakes look delish! I never had canned salmon before, but I may try those! I love salmon. especially smoked salmon on a bagel! Bad!!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #1508

Meg google karb kruncher bagels, low carb and delish I love them with cream cheese and smoked salmon and lots of capers and red onion, yummm!! Tony gets the salmon at Wegmans as a treat!!!

Prelit trees are nice, the real ones are messy, and our cats go nuts!!! When we get a new house though I am getting the Griswold tree a huge real one we are going to hack down, LOL All the ones in my old house were artifical cause I didnt want the mess on my new floors, LOL That new glade spruce scent is really nice they have plug ins plug it in behind the tree, LOL
Old 12-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #1509
Senior LCF Member

I just told Andrew about the plug-in and he's like, lets go get one now!!
My cat goes crazy with the fake tree too. I put the unbreakable ornaments to the bottom so he can swat to his hearts content!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #1510

We (meaning I decided) years ago to go with the art. tree. Got one at an after Christmas sale for a steal. Had to have the co. replace it when it started falling apart, but I am happy with it. No more mess, no more dealing with finding the perfect tree, then getting it home to deal with what you didn't notice. No more having to wait for DH to go pick it out and help put it up. No more runny nose issues (though I'm often sick anyways!) No more worry it is drying out. I can put it up early and take it down late! LOL I usually keep mine up through the orth. Christmas Determined to get it up today! Come hell or high water!

I love the real things, just not here! LOL We have had 4 balled trees. Still have 3 of them. They are big now. One is huge! Hard to believe we had them inside now. If I get a real one again, it will be balled. (They were in my snow pic.s)

How's day 13 going Ang? Kick butt mean girl!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #1511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SeaBreezes, I would choose a trip over a tchotchke any day! I love that you pick a bear to represent all the places you've been. I like to collect local art from where we go-- mini watercolors are my fave, but I also have some ittty bitty sculptures and embroideries as well. Can you post a pic of all your bears? I'd love to see!

I'm fighting, Kitty! I am A MEAN GIRL.

mmmmm, smoked salmon, Meg! I love salmon in all forms. Here in Oregon we have AMAZING salmon. The canned variety from Costco is pretty good-- good quality and kept in the cupboard for those Low Carb Lunch moments you have no idea what to do. When are you going to trader joe's? WILL YOU HEED THE WARNING??

also: at eating the ornaments off the tree! I've *never* done that.

Oh, all you poor ladies with your fake non-smelly trees. We just took a lovely drive out to the frosty countryside and chopped a giant grand fir for only $10... of course we stopped at Starbucks for hot cocoa first. No, not for me-- I had an Americano! I didn't even need to have a tantrum about not getting cocoa, too! That was nice. We don't mind the mess of the real tree! and my house smells wonderful.

You really do need to make goal soon, Amber. The little carrot I'm dangling for you IS SO WORTH IT!

Flabazon to Glamazon
Photos of My Low Carb Meals

Last edited by glamazon; 12-11-2011 at 01:36 PM..
Old 12-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #1512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I would love to post a picture of my tree, but Photobucket or whatever one uses does not seem to like me!! or I am just challenged with it!!

Someone else has always had to take over for me. I will try again later, though. We are off to play bridge in about 5 minutes.

After lots of wind and rain, the sun seems to be coming out. Hope it is not too windy as we want to have dinner at our favorite place tonight which is outside.

Doesn't it feel soooo good to be doing as well as you are doing, Angela??

We always cut down a tree in California and yes, the smell is wonderful. Here the trees die so fast they become a fire hazard, so decided we would have to go the artificial route. I buy some greenery I can make a table arrangement out of and that has to be our good smell.

Hugs to ALL
Old 12-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #1513
Senior LCF Member

$10???? If they were TEN BUCKS here, I'd have 9 like Amber had!! We have several lovely cut your own tree places just a short drive from here. But Alas, they start at $80 and move up from there! I think they actually charge extra if you want to cut it yourself!
Bastards!
I am going to trader joes next week, so I am putting together a list.
So far:
The onions Glam uses
Sugar Free Chocolate covered almonds (I can't eat 'em cause I am allergic to nuts, but I will get them for my sis who started lc after thanksgiving!)
Canned Salmon
Mint ting a ling

Last edited by Meg2039; 12-11-2011 at 02:29 PM..
Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #1514

Also look at the sauces, I got some good sauces there, like a satay that was low carb, lots of high carb stuff so you have to read labels, and take a little insulated bag for cheese, and no nitrate bacon, I love their bacon, without all the added crap and kerrygold butter, but Costco has that now I saw, very excited about that.

Ang, I always get the brevia latte with half and half, God that is such a treat to pay $6.00 for a latte, at Starbucks, LOL
Old 12-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #1515
Senior LCF Member

Ooh. Thanks Amber. That all sounds so good! We don't have Costco either! The only good place we have is Wegmans! Although I love Sam's...It does not compare to Costco...
I am going to order those bagels you mentioned too, I will have them for Christmas breakfast with the smoked salmon. YUM!!
Old 12-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #1516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, it does, SeaBreezes! It feels great! Did you see I dropped about 3 pounds overnight?? That was niiiiice.

LOL, Meg! I live in the Land of the Christmas Trees. Trees from Oregon get shipped all over the world. That doesn't mean they are cheap for us, we were just driving around in the countryside looking at all the "This way to U-Cuts!" signs, and one of them just said, "$10 Trees!" So it made the choice pretty easy. Plus, the guy's farm was pristine, the trees were beautifully shaped, and he even helped carry and baled it for us! There is no way all that was worth just $10. We were very happy!

mmmmm $6 latte. Darn it, Starbucks! It cost us nearly $10 just for the cocoas and americano, but it was a holiday tradition and my son was totally delighted to get a grande hot cocoa. I made a mistake and forgot to order the small.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #1517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Meg, I'm still a Julian Bakery devotee, their bread is just spectacular and tasty and isn't made with junk like soy flour. I would be downing it right now if I wasn't such a Mean Girl!

It's okay, I CAN HAVE THAT LATER.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #1518

I remember paying like $75 for a tree in San Diego from OR and that was back in the early 90's, I cant wait to see the prices in NYC next weekend, that is nuts!!!! Even here a real tree is $60-$80 crazy since we have them all over!!!!

Yeah Starbucks is a rip off, but I love their coffee, I see they have Kcups now for the Keurig I cant find them, the DD ones sadly disappointed me!!!

What's for dinner Ang? I bet its yummy, I want to win the lottery and have Angela be my low carb chef!!! Let's move to Hawaii and Seabreeze can be our neighbor!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #1519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No, if you win the lottery I will not cook for you. But, I will allow you to be my supreme sugar mama and I will boss around a servant in the kitchen telling them what to make for us while we loaf on the beach next to Seabreezes in Hawaii. Oh, yes, that sounds much better.

For dinner? I don't know. My husband requested cauliflower, so probably some kind of slop!
Old 12-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #1520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Does anyone know if it's possible to make a low carb cheese sauce? Maybe with coconut flour in the roux instead of flour? Would that work? I already know I can use chicken broth and heavy cream to make the base instead of milk, but the roux? I think a little expirimentation in in order...
Old 12-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #1521
Senior LCF Member

Julian Bakery? I'll google that one too!
I'm a Starbucks Junkie!! I get a tall whole milk latte w/ 2 p of sugar free vanilla once a week! before I started on plan I was there every day getting skinny vanilla latte. My coworkers and clients always get me starbucks gift cards,but its an expensive habit!!
I saw the starbucks K-cups at Sams' Club. We have a tassimo, but I'm considering retiring it for a Keurig since starbucks jumped ship! The starbucks t-discs were great.
I'd think the coconut flour would work...definitely worth a try!!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #1522

I have those Dixie Diner low carb faked mashes potato flakes they thicken everything, but I am sure you would not approve I am sure they are full of weird things, LOL I think that guar gum would work too I little of that thickens everything!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #1523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am such a coffee snob. Only fresh ground dark greasy beans for me... French Press or Bialetti stovetop espresso pot! I can't have a valid opinion about the Keurig or the K-Cups because I've never had them. But, I always assumed they were and I still assume I'm right!
FRESH BEANS FOREVER!

No, I do NOT approve potato flakes of any kind. When I'm your kept lottery woman, they will be banished from your kitchen!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #1524

We wont need flakes then, we will be eating fresh fish caught by our sexy Hawaiian fisherman, LOL

I am a coffee snob too, but I like my Keurig, a little pricey but good at work since I can't stand the crap we have there!!! I love the Green Mountain Dark Magic, I love fresh Dunkin Donuts coffee I brew that at home, the K cups were totally weak, I love really strong rich coffee, there is an Italian one I like too.

Now more football, my poor Eagles still have some chances if they win all their games and the Cowboys lose tonight, so now I have to lay around watching more TV, this is hard for me, but I am trying!

I just cut my son's hair, a woman who drinks a lot of coffee and is hyper by nature should not be wielding a scissors at anyone's hair, my poor son, he was like geez mom I could have done this better myself, LOL Tony cuts it but he left his spikes in front way too long, he now has no spikes, LOL Thank goodness I have a low maintenance son, LOL

Off to slugdom again!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #1525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ooooo ouch. I cannot cut hair. I used to cut my husband's hair, waaaaaay back in the super poor young days, but one day I just lost my mojo. The cut was so bad that we had to scrape up enough cash for a professional to fix it. The lady who got ahold of him very seriously asked him, "Who cut your hair last? Beavers?"

So, no. There will ALWAYS be SuperCuts money in the house budget.

Last edited by glamazon; 12-11-2011 at 05:49 PM..
Old 12-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #1526

Oh!!!!!!! Can I get in on the kept by Ambers in Hawaii thing! Please!!!!!!!!!

If you try the coconut flour roux, let me know. DH was talking gumbo the other day, so I need to find a GF version of the roux now. Was wondering about using other flours too.

Yeah, tried my hand at home cuts....not good
Old 12-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #1527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Coconut flour = grainy roux. NO GOOD. It did thicken up, but then I added too much liquid and it wouldn't thicken enough. I forgot how much moisture coconut flour sucks up, so the good old roux ratio of 1:1 was a terrible idea-- maybe had i only done 1:2 in favor of the butter, it would have been easier, but it wadded into paste instantly and wouldn't bubble, and when I added liquid it thickened nicely, but I added too much. I gave up, and wasn't willing to waste more butter trying, especially when a quick taste revealed a grainy chalky texture.

When I'm out of my Mean Girl phase it wont bother me to have a couple tablespoons of flour in a batch of cheese sauce, but at this moment I just cannot bend. Being lenient for a few spoons of flour will be the slippery slope, and pretty soon it will be apple, then nuts, then mousse, then I'm floating around the low 250's for a year. AGAIN. Not going to happen.

Anyway, I love cheese sauce, and I will find a way to make a good one. Plain wheat gluten may be an option for me, but not for Kitty! I still have some Quinoa flour, but that's not really low carb at all.

Ah well, maybe I should bag the cheese sauce while in Mean Girl phase. I was pretty happy just smothering my bowl of cauli and hamburger in shredded cheese. didn't miss the sauce at all!

I Vote Kitty in for the Keeping!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #1528

Yay!!! A vote for keeping!!!

Found some gf roux ideas. Garbanzo bean flour sounds promising. Some say to use the gf flour mix that is sold. Will have to experiment too. Would carbalose flour work for you Ang? Haven't tried it, but it wouldn't be gf.

If it were just me, I'd go with the flour since I could deal with the bit of carby flour to get good gumbo, but DH Not sure if there really is a replacement

Going to have to check out the prices of fresh cut trees around here. Haven't noticed them this year.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #1529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight:

Plan Today:
Atkins: Induction Day 13 of 14
3 generous meals
No snacks
Plenty of water

Exercise:
Nothing.

Vitamins:
Rainbow Light Women’s One X1
Rainbow Light Cal/Mag X1
Nature Made B-Complex X1
NOW Amino Acids X4
Natural Factors CLA X1
Carlson’s Lemon Flavored Cod Liver Oil- 1 tbsp
Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar-2 tbsp
Nature’s Way efa-gold Coconut Oil- ˝ tsp

Breakfast:
Black coffee (Freshly ground, French press, San Francisco Bay French Roast from Costco)
3 egg omelet cooked in butter w/ chopped 4 slices bacon, giant wad of fresh julienned spinach, grated Tillamook Sharp Cheddar, cracked pepper

Lunch:
salad w/ romaine, leftover pork chop, leftover asparagus, cucumber, avocado, grape tomatoes, Trader Joe’s Crispy Onions
Homemade blue cheese dressing (Best Foods mayo, Daisy sour cream, Castello Rosenbourg blue cheese, wine vinegar, Kirkland Organic EVOO, heavy cream, fresh garlic, cracked pepper)

Dinner:
Costco ground beef (from frozen chub) pan-fried w/ onions, garlic, salt, cracked pepper
Fresh cauliflower w/ shredded sharp cheddar and TJ’s crispy onions

Did I Snack?
No.

Did I Drink Enough Water?
Yes.

Did I Feel Good Today?
Yes.

Did I Sleep Well Last Night?
No, I spent the wee hours of the morning sitting in the ER with my mother. She had her kidney stones successfully blasted on the 9th, and now she’s suffering through an anesthesia side effect. It’s been a really rough week for her and it breaks my heart. It’s a whole big cluster **** of bad health and I just can’t get into it or I’ll cry.

Did I Take Care of Business Today?
Weekend off!

Did I Waste too Much Time on the Internet?
No!

Do I remember that a simple planned camping trip “cheat” punted me into 3 months of struggling to get back on plan, feeling like crap, and regaining nearly all the pounds I just spent a whole year losing?
OH YES

Am I still damn mad, focused and determined to do what it takes to regain my Glamazon status?
HELL YES! I WANT MORE LEGROOM ON AN AIRPLANE! (that would be by making my butt smaller, yeah.)

Notes:
*Sitting in the ER room, with all those sad miserable hurting people, really brought home that I NEED TO KEEP IT TOGETHER and stay on my plan and STAY HEALTHY. I do not want my golden years stolen from me by pharmaceutical companies and my own ineptitude concerning my ongoing health. I have examples all around me—basically every dear elderly person I know, is a complete prisoner of their meds and their circular poor health. Their meds that are “helping” are also “Creating side effects” that are treated with more meds that “help the side effect” and cause a “different side effect” and so on and so on. It just makes me so sad and angry. These people kicked ass all their lives and now they are just beaten down husks of their former selves from such frail health, made worse by mountains of meds, and being told to not eat anything green, and to not eat any fat, and to never have a lick of salt . It’s so circular with the cause and effect. They are unable to enjoy the fruits of their life’s labor! I never want to get on that roller coaster. I never want to take a daily handful of really damaging chemicals in the name of “making me feel better,” when in fact there is so much overload and side effects that I end up weak and unable to do anything for myself… and I end up another sad lonely senior citizen in a nursing home unable to go anywhere or do anything. I’ve seen this with my own eyes. As of right now, I am supremely healthy. There is nothing wrong with me. I WANT TO KEEP IT THAT WAY. I understand some meds are necessary and life-saving, I get that. I am not anti-medicine. My point is, I want to do everything in my power to avoid having to take any of them. I want to keep my muscles strong, I want to keep my blood flowing strong, I want to keep everything running smoothly. I am at a crucial turning point in my life—I’m 42, now is the time stuff starts breaking down if I don't pay attention, the medication roller coaster is coming for me fast if I let it. I really do have a choice, and I choose to stay on my plan, swing my kettlebells, walk my dog, take my supplements, eat genuine food. Doing these simple things really will give me the very best chance of staying the **** away from that miserable future. I want to be the 90 year old who still putters around the garden, not the 90 year old who is immobile and swiss-cheese-brained at the mercy of nursing home staff.

So, I am adding a new question to my daily report:

Do I want my golden years to be stolen by frail health and immobility?

I believe it is an important reminder to myself that I really NEED to stay on plan. Lose the weight, feel good, stay strong and mobile. Because I’m not elderly right this minute, it’s easy to forget how fast life rushes up at me. I don’t want to suddenly find myself in the nursing home, drooling, thinking to myself, “****.”

Successful Day Count:
13!

Last edited by glamazon; 12-11-2011 at 08:43 PM..
Old 12-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #1530

Yay Day 13!!!

I like your new daily question!!!

Prayers for your mom.
Closed Thread