Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 03:36 AM   #1471
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
I wish we had a Trader Joe's so I could try those Onions!! Maybe there is one in detroit? I'll have to check because I am going their for work week after next and I'm driving! I could load up! I love me some Mint ting-a-ling, but I never check a bag, so I can't get it even if I cross paths with a TJ's..
Love the WW mug! How fun!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2011, 04:04 AM   #1472
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Going to have to look for those next time I'm near it. We have one in the Burgh here. I don't venture to it too often though.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #1473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Ang, your food always looks so good ... I'm drooling too.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #1474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
YAY!!! You got the DVD!! How was it??

YES THAT FOOD LOOKS DELISH!!! I need to check out TJ's for those onions. I want to make that dressing you put on your salad... it looks so good. And I lurve me some shrimp!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #1475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Good morning, ladies! Thanks for the compliments!

DVD REVIEW:

Me likey!! The package I bought has 4 dvds in it, and so I began with the beginners, dvd #1, natch. (Well, after figuring out they accidently switched labels with dvd #2, but I figured it out.) Sarah Lurie is not annoying, she is very straightforward and serious, but pleasantly so. I appreciated that. I don't like hyper tiny chicks yelling at me. She's nice to look at, too, enviable strong body and pretty face. I liked her.

The exercises were all very simple, straightforward and not awkward at all. I only used a 10 pound weight, which really was too light, but it was my first time. It was all about moving the weight around, and I could feel it in all my muscles. Felt good!

Why I'm loving the kettlebells so far:

*It mixes cardio, stretching and weight training all at the same time.

*Kettlebells don't take up hardly any space.

*They don't make you do ridiculous things, and don't make you do long reps of anything.

*Lots of nicely timed water breaks, which I use for stretching.

*I'm a total weakling slug and I enjoyed the circuit very much. It was DECEPTIVELY effective. I didn't feel like I did all that much, but I'm really feeling it now!

*Her instruction was good, I never felt I was in danger of dropping the weight or tweaking my back.

*All the movements felt natural and right.

*I always live in fear of getting plantar fasciitis again, but nothing I did effected my feet negatively. There was no jumping of any kind, which I reeeeeeally liked.

*It's easy to start out all wussy-like and baby step your way to doing it all better.

*I did not need a sportsbra! No boob flopping fat flapping exercises.

*The beginner video has 3 circuits, all very similar, and it makes about 45 minutes of workout. (Today I have time constraints, so I only did the first one. Still felt good!)

*I can do them at home dressed in shabby old too small yoga pants with only the dog as an audience. He'll never tell anyone how ridiculous I look, because I'm The Food Lady Who Might Have Bacon.

So, there you have it. I like the dvd, and I like the kettlebells and I'M ALL SET!!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals

Last edited by glamazon; 12-09-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Old 12-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #1476

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yeah for super good kettlebell workout, I am glad you like the tapes, having 4 will offer some variety to mix it up, it is a good workout, the main thing is you like it, and you did it, big gold star for Ang!!!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #1477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Amber! I feel like a star! Don't worry, I won't forget all the little people.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #1478

oh good!!! LOL Doesnt it feel good saying you did it? That is what keeps me going, like I swear when I run, all I hear is Chariots of Fire and I am like, darn it my fat a** just ran 2 miles where is the gold medal, LOL I keep telling my trainer she needs gold stars or something for me, the first lady the free one at the gym used to give me stickers on my card, I love stickers,!!!!! LOL
Old 12-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #1479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #1480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, it felt very good. The real test is how will I feel in a month? two months? 6 months? a year? I feel this set of exercises is something I can actually do, and do regularly for a long time. That's really the key, isn't it?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #1481

Yes exercise must be on going- for one to greatly improve your health and keep the weight off, and you don't want to be a slouched over old woman that cant do anything, so find something you love and can embrace forever!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #1482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YEAH!!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #1483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
oh good!!! LOL Doesnt it feel good saying you did it? That is what keeps me going, like I swear when I run, all I hear is Chariots of Fire and I am like, darn it my fat a** just ran 2 miles where is the gold medal, LOL I keep telling my trainer she needs gold stars or something for me, the first lady the free one at the gym used to give me stickers on my card, I love stickers,!!!!! LOL
Old 12-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #1484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Ang, you need a gold star ...

since I don't have one, here is Elvins instead
Old 12-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #1485
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Yay on doing the workout. Glad you enjoyed it.

Have a great low carb weekend with all of your yummy food.

Hugs to ALL
Old 12-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #1486
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Well that does it--I'm seriously going to look into ordering your DVDs. I love weighted workouts! They seem to bring about so much more body change than cardio alone (and the build bone strength, too!)
Old 12-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #1487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gold stars for me! Yippee! Thanks, Janet and Seabreezes and Ceecee!

Jess, I'm very very surprised I found kettlebells to be so-- uh-- easy. Not easy, per se, but, well, you know, do-able. I don't like jumping, I don't like running, I don't like perky little gobs of make-up yelling at me perkily making me feel like a Jabba the Hutt Failure, I don't like crowded classes, I don't want to pay for a trainer, I don't like taking all the time to go to the gym only to be exposed to some super virus that shuts me down for weeks and breaks my mojo. Truly, I'm full of excuses why I have not really exercised formally all these years. BUT, I'm pretty happy with the itty bitty corner of regimented exercise I've found here. Now to make it a long term solution-- that's the real hard part! Must focus Mean Girl Rage at the kettlebells!

Last edited by glamazon; 12-09-2011 at 07:33 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #1488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight:

Plan Today:
Atkins: Induction Day 11 of 14
3 generous meals
No snacks
Plenty of water

Exercise:
AM Dog Walk: 30 minutes
Iron Core Kettlebell dvd: circuit 1 of 3, 10lb weight
PM Dog Walk: 15 minutes

Vitamins:
Rainbow Light Women’s One X1
Rainbow Light Cal/Mag X2
Nature Made B-Complex X1
NOW Amino Acids X4
Natural Factors CLA X1
Carlson’s Lemon Flavored Cod Liver Oil- 1 tbsp
Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar-2 tbsp
Nature’s Way efa-gold Coconut Oil- ½ tsp

Breakfast:
Black coffee
4 fried eggs pretty much destroyed in butter, 4 slices Costco Hormel pre-cooked bacon

No pic, was too hungry and gobbled the bacon while eggs were cooking. Plus those eggs turned out U.G.L.Y.

Lunch:
Costco Roast Beef In A Can
Fresh green beans

Yeah, no pic. I forked it right out of the tin like a cowpoke out on the range. Pretty, I know.

Dinner:
Glorious BBQ ribeye steak
Mushrooms and onions sautéed in butter
Fresh spinach sautéed in garlic and butter

Did I Snack?
No. Not even the LC cheese or meat samples at Costco the sweet old ladies were pushing. I screamed in their faces, “NO ****ING WAY LADY YOU CAN’T GET ME TO EAT IT NO WAY NO HOW!” Well, it actually came out more like a polite “No, thank you” but you get the gist.

Did I Drink Enough Water?
Yes.

Did I Feel Good Today?
Yes!

Did I Sleep Well Last Night?
Yes!

Did I Take Care of Business Today?
YES!

Did I Waste too Much Time on the Internet?
No!

Do I remember that a simple planned camping trip “cheat” punted me into 3 months of struggling to get back on plan, feeling like crap, and regaining nearly all the pounds I just spent a whole year losing?
YES, DANGNABIT.

Am I still damn mad, focused and determined to do what it takes to regain my Glamazon status?
HELL YES! I WANT THIS NEWFANGLED THING THEY ARE CALLING “CORE STRENGTH!”

Notes:
*loooooved the kettlebells! Looking forward to giving it another go tomorrow.
*That roast beef in a can was pretty decent! The ingredient list wasn’t completely revolting, and it tasted like, uh, beef, that’s been diced and in a crock pot. I was on such a weird schedule today I had a very late lunch and I had to wolf it before the next bit of life rolled in. Yes, I really did just eat it out of the can, like an uncouth troglodyte. I’ve never bought it before, but I think it will be a handy thing to keep in the cupboard for Low Carb Emergencies. Would be great on a salad, you know I loves me some meat salads. I credit a fellow LCFer, Rochester, with alerting me to the fact that it wasn’t half bad! Thanks, Rochester!
*I was such a good girl at Costco. I walked right by the heavy cream calling my name and the berries smiling up at me and the nuts giving me a wink. I told them to **** off and they did. Some random handsome man even flashed me a big smile in the parking lot. I’d like to think it was because I’m looking pretty chic today since I actually brushed my hair and wore lipstick, but more likely he was just glad I didn’t run him over. Whatever.

Successful Day Count:
11!

Last edited by glamazon; 12-09-2011 at 07:50 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #1489
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Your posts definitely give me a smile. I need a bit of your oomph!

Hugs and Aloha
Old 12-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #1490

He was so checking you out girl! You had your glam on!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #1491

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Weight:

*I was such a good girl at Costco. I walked right by the heavy cream calling my name and the berries smiling up at me and the nuts giving me a wink. I told them to **** off and they did. Some random handsome man even flashed me a big smile in the parking lot. I’d like to think it was because I’m looking pretty chic today since I actually brushed my hair and wore lipstick, but more likely he was just glad I didn’t run him over. Whatever.

Successful Day Count:
11!
God ang, I blew my coffee reading this, LOL You are too funny for words!!!!!

I am loving chic Ang shopping at Costco, I am sending Tony alone today so I dont have to beat up the sample ladies, LOL Although he is coming home with the 7 pound chcolate cake for Autumn's B-day party tomorrow I must resist the cake! I cannot eat that cake! She loves my wings so we are having wings and I am eating one of my LC donuts, I cannot eat that cake!

Last night was carb overload for Tony's B-day party, 11 glorious homemade desserts passed around, and I ate a bite of every one, LOL You know what my facvorite was though, a homemade ginger snap that was so delicious! LOL Up 4 pounds of way too much carbs and wine, and I have a headache, but now I can say I nailed a 50 year old, LOL
Old 12-10-2011, 06:24 AM   #1492

LMAO Amber! I've been doing that for 5 years now

Phewwww....the sample ladies are safe for one day! Hahaha!

Good morning Ang!

Have a great day 12!!! You are rockin this!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #1493
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Yay for day 12! You are rocking it!
I'm glad you are liking the kettleballs. I went to Zumba today. I am so uncordinated. I'm sure the others in the class were glad I didn't run them over. There were definitely a fe close calls! Probably not going to be my everyday work out, but I am going to try a bunch of things.
Keep it going!!
OH, and I found that there will be a trader joes near where I will be in detroit, so I need to come up with a list of must haves! Starting with those onions and the mint ting a ling soap!!
Give me your suggestions!
M
Old 12-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #1494

If you don't have issues with sugar free goodies, the sf choc. covered almonds are good!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #1495
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Gold stars for me! Yippee! Thanks, Janet and Seabreezes and Ceecee!

Jess, I'm very very surprised I found kettlebells to be so-- uh-- easy. Not easy, per se, but, well, you know, do-able. I don't like jumping, I don't like running, I don't like perky little gobs of make-up yelling at me perkily making me feel like a Jabba the Hutt Failure, I don't like crowded classes, I don't want to pay for a trainer, I don't like taking all the time to go to the gym only to be exposed to some super virus that shuts me down for weeks and breaks my mojo. Truly, I'm full of excuses why I have not really exercised formally all these years. BUT, I'm pretty happy with the itty bitty corner of regimented exercise I've found here. Now to make it a long term solution-- that's the real hard part! Must focus Mean Girl Rage at the kettlebells!
I'm totally there with you on ALL of this stuff. I may ask for kettlebells and some DVDs for xmas--the hub prefers VERY SPECIFIC things on me list, haha. For some reason, requests like "a cute new top" fill him with fear and trembling....

Look at you rocking your plan! My hero!

I, on the other hand, went totally off the rails last night and split a platter of nachos with the hubby on the way home from the airport. And I don't even really regret it--we don't see each other much, so it was fun to just happily nosh together. I'm up a pound today, but I'll get it back off in a day or two.

Have a great weekend, O Glamorous One!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 12-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #1496

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
-the hub prefers VERY SPECIFIC things on me list, haha. For some reason, requests like "a cute new top" fill him with fear and trembling....
Mine too! Though, he has found clothing items that were nice. Took him until last year to get the size right though, bless his heart! He often got stuff that was too snug for my taste. Sadly, some of it I bypassed on my way down . He got me a pair of cords last year on his own. He liked the way a pair I had looked on me, so he found the size and even somehow figured out where I got them at, then searched till he found them in another color....TJ Maxx....so you can imagine the search he did to find them! Sadly, they became to baggy quickly, until my recent enlargement, (now working on getting them baggy again!

So, now, I have to make a specific list for him! New micro can't wait until Christmas! I'm going crazy without it ...less than a day too!
Old 12-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #1497
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
He got me a pair of cords last year on his own. He liked the way a pair I had looked on me, so he found the size and even somehow figured out where I got them at, then searched till he found them in another color....TJ Maxx....so you can imagine the search he did to find them!
I am IMPRESSED! That is quite amazing!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #1498

I was too! ...and from the guy who never steps into a store (except of course the needed local family owned hardware store on rare occasion) except for 4 days. Valentines day, Our anniversary (sometimes ), my birthday (sometimes ), and Christmas eve to shop for me...no one else! He amazed me!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #1499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL, Kitty and Jess! In previous years my husband worked off a very specific list, what the item was, where he could find it, and how much it cost. He would pick some stuff from the list and everyone was happy. Nowadays I don't even want any gifts. I get whatever I need any time I need it, and I have zero hang ups about getting gifts. In my old age I've become a total minimalist, and I love it. I don't want anything frivolous and useless junking it up. I want things like new kitchen counters, or a trip to Italy, or or a yard crew to sweep through and whip back the blackberries so we don't have to. I'd rather save the moola and use it for something bigger. My husband is a little weirded out by me not wanting anything, but it's true. Anyway, I just spent loads on a bunch of new clothes-- Merry Christmas to me!

Meg, TRADER JOES IS VERY DANGEROUS. Do not walk in there unless you are very very strong and can handle the onslaught of amazing looking things that are not LC. The candy--ohgodthecandy! The JoJo cookies--ohgodthejojocookies! You should do a search on the main board for Trader Joe suggestions, there have been several awesome threads over the years about what to get there. Right now I only buy the onions, the seaweed snacks (just nori in small tasty sheets) the mustard aioli, candy cane tea, and vinegars for myself, but my husband and son have a lot of favorites there that I get for them. There are loads of low carb items to be had, but they are outweighed by all the delightful carbage. But seriously, if you've never been, give yourself some time to really browse, and be SUPER STRONG to not crumble and fall like a rabid wolf on the chocolate orange sticks in the middle of the aisle. Not that I've ever done that or anything.

Thanks, SeaBreezes! I hope you had a lovely day in paradise today!

Amber! What you've been up to today? It's weird when you're not all over the boards.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #1500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight:

Plan Today:
Atkins: Induction Day 12 of 14
3 generous meals
No snacks
Plenty of water

Exercise:
Does Christmas Tree Hunting count?

Vitamins:
Rainbow Light Women’s One X1
Rainbow Light Cal/Mag X2
Nature Made B-Complex X1
NOW Amino Acids X4
Natural Factors CLA X1
Carlson’s Lemon Flavored Cod Liver Oil- 1 tbsp
Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar-2 tbsp
Nature’s Way efa-gold Coconut Oil- ½ tsp

Breakfast:
Black coffee (Freshly ground, French press, San Francisco Bay French Roast from Costco)
3 eggs scrambled in butter
1 large Jimmy Dean All-Natural sausage patty

Lunch:
Homemade salmon cakes pan-fried in Montolivo extra light olive oil
(can of Costco salmon, 2 eggs, leftover mushrooms & onions, green onion, fresh garlic, cracked pepper, salt sprinkle)
Homemade dill sauce
(Best Foods mayo, Daisy sour cream, fresh lemon juice, dill weed, fresh garlic, cracked pepper)

Dinner:
Itty bitty pork chop roasted with garlic and rosemary
5 naked asparagus spears

Did I Snack?
No.

Did I Drink Enough Water?
Yes.

Did I Feel Good Today?
Yes!

Did I Sleep Well Last Night?
Yes!

Did I Take Care of Business Today?
Weekend off!

Did I Waste too Much Time on the Internet?
No!

Do I remember that a simple planned camping trip “cheat” punted me into 3 months of struggling to get back on plan, feeling like crap, and regaining nearly all the pounds I just spent a whole year losing?
YES, THOSE S’MORES WERE *NOT* WORTH IT!

Am I still damn mad, focused and determined to do what it takes to regain my Glamazon status?
HELL YES! I DO NOT LIKE MY BOOBS BEING BIGGER THAN MY HEAD!

Notes:

*Those salmon cakes were SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! Unbelievably filling and delicious! So easy to make, too. I really wanted a hot lunch, we just came home from cutting our Christmas tree way out in the chilly frosty boonies, and I wasn’t in the mood for cold salad. So, I mixed all the stuff in a bowl, patted them into patties, and fried them up. SO QUICK AND TASTY GOOD! It’s hours later and I still feel totally stuffed. I think I spoiled my dinner with my lunch!

*I was so not hungry for dinner. I still felt full until well past 7pm, and then only had a snack sized dinner. WTH!! I’m calling those salmon cakes “The Appetite Killer.”

*I forgot I don’t exercise on the weekend, so I did not kettlebell today. Is it weird I’m a little sad about that?? Who am I??

*I had a little pang of wanting some LC stracciatella mousse today. I had to go all nuclear on my whimpering for sweets to get away from it. I CAN HAVE THAT LATER. Damn skippy.

*My brand new size 22 NYDJs (the ones with the gold rivets on the butt) ARE SAGGY BAGGY. Is that all it took to shrink out of a size 22? Buy expensive pants?

* The Montolivo extra light olive oil (from Costco, natch) is my go-to oil for cooking and baking. It’s absolutely perfect in every way for every cooking application! I save the expensive nice dark green extra virgin stuff for salads and dressings and cold sauces and such. When I researched olive oils I discovered that the Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil was actually the best quality, containing the most virgin olive oil in its virgin olive oil. Weird, huh? Most grocery store extra virgin olive oils are fraudulent!

Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Fraud: Whole Foods, Rachel Ray, Safeway, Newman's Own, Colavita, Bertolli - Food Media and News - Chowhound
Best Bargain Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Costco Kirkland Organic - Los Angeles Restaurants and Dining - Squid Ink
Is It Really Extra Virgin Olive Oil? | Steve Cotler's Irrepressibly True Tales

Shoot, some olive oil is only a fraction olive oil, mixed with other cheaper oils! Scandalous! Always know what you are buying!

Successful Day Count:
12!
Closed Thread