LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Thanks for the compliments, ladies!

Martini, I have those dish drawers! It's not because I'm hoity-toity, it's because our kitchen is so stupid that it was the only dishwasher in the world that could open and not bang into the refridgerator. True story. The people who had the house before us had the fridge tilted into the doorway to avoid their dishwasher. Ridiculous! Anyway, they seem to last about 5 years-- we've had to replace. Granted, we are very very hard on our appliances. I recommend getting the Sears Service insurance thingy! They will come out once a year and make it all brand new again. I wish we had that when we bought them new!

Seabreezes, you are so lucky to live in Hawaii! I wish we could! My son calls my mom Tutu. Tutus are so special!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
You, DH, Amber and Tony should double date. Such handsome couples!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, thoughtful Ang is at it again.

What I was thinking about today:

Still hanging around that 250 markósometimes 5 less, sometimes 5 more. SICK OF IT.

The fact that I will ALWAYS be taking care of my house and my guys, sewing something, getting a cold virus, having a TOM, needing to grocery shop, taking my Latvian grandma to her appointments, getting my son to classes or school, dealing with my momÖ etc etc etcÖ ITíS ALWAYS SOMETHING. Every day, I have stuff to do, stuff that I allow to keep me from doing what I know (REALLY KNOW) what will help me drop weight moreóexercise and VLC. I really and truly need to get over myself and add it to the list. Just like the rest of the human race. I have currently been doing nothing since I am making this holoku. Well, I will always be sewing something or another for someone. I canít allow it to hold me back. I am always holding myself back, and I need to knock it off. .

Amber zipping up her wedding gown. (That just goes along with the crazy Gymbalina persona, her drive makes me dizzy.)

Tiggy and her glorious Excel spreadsheets of love. Sheís right. I know I will do better if I am paying strict attention to what Iím doing. Duh.

I am almost at 1 year of full time low carbing. Okay, sometimes itís 100 carbs instead of 20, but overall I can claim it. I have not had one slice of real bread, no potatoes, no pasta, no cereal, no sugar (well, except that one lemon cookie at xmas) (and sometimes Nyquil- gross) and although I do have a 30 pound loss to show for it, I really donít feel itís enough. Iím miffed that just low carbing isnít enough. Sad, but true. I need to step it up.

This year has gone by so fast, and my anniversary will be here in a flashóthatís 9/7.

I NEED A SHORT TERM GOAL! Hereís a few: I have a Ren Faire and a Pirate Faire in September. Iím tired of looking chubby in my costumes! Also, weíll most likely be going to Hawaii for a family reunion next year. Iím tired of looking chubby in my swimsuit. (And, Malaysia is still a big maybe. So is Las Vegas, Amber!)

Iím feeling the need to put myself into some kind of program, even if itís one Iíve made up for myself. This may seem from way out in left field, but Iím looking at the Body For Life program. Not the whole thing of course, but I can adapt their exercise program into something completely livable for myself. Iím not interested in oiling myself up and posing like Ms. Olympia like the BFLers do, not that thereís anything wrong with that, ha ha, but itís not my style. I wouldnít mind a transformation like that, though! Amber, of course, is my true inspiration. Iím also not interested in their nutrition plan, Iíll stick to my beloved Atkinsóand really stick to it, LOL. I get plenty of protein in my day, which is primary for the BFL. Iíve looked over the BFL exercise program, and it looks very doable to me. Itís pretty much what I was doing a few months ago at the gymóa little cardio, some weightsóI was just really doing a Half-Assed-I-Donít-Really-Know-What-Iím-Doing routine. Their program will give me the guidelines I can follow... or more like, work towards. I canít imagine I can go All-Amber on its ass right away.

Body-for-LIFE Weight Training

Body-for-LIFE Cardio Training

Itís a 12 week program, but I think I will make it an 8 week stint for meóthat would put me at my one year anniversary and then I can reassess. They want 6 days a week, one day of rest. I like this, as their sessions are really shortó20 minutes for the cardio and 45 for the weights, alternating days. They also give you a day to eat whatever you want (that rest day) and I would take it as an EAT LC DESSERT DAY.

Of course it will be hard for me, but thatís just the lazy talking. I can do thatóI was doing this a few months ago, just taking longer, doing it slower, and doing it all 5 days a week instead. I know it is go-go-go-go, especially for me, but if I donít CHANGE, then nothing will CHANGE.

Essentially it would be this:

Day 1: Upper Body Weight Training/ LC Atkins
Day 2: HIIT Cardio/ LC Atkins
Day 3: Upper Body Weight Training/ LC Atkins
Day 4: HIIT Cardio/ LC Atkins
Day 5: Upper Body Weight Training/ LC Atkins
Day 6: HIIT Cardio/ LC Atkins
Day 7: rest/HC Atkins (yeah, that just means lc desserts, berries, cream, Greek yogurt, all the lc stuff I miss during the week.)

Also, outside of that, swimming with my son twice a week and walking the dog around the neighborhood through the park daily. Not a lot of effort put out with those, but itís still a positive thing to do.

Iím not worried about the foodóIím actually pleased that once a week I can make an lc treat. Thatís more than Iím doing right now!

Time to refocusóalways getting out of focus and then refocusingóI guess itís just a reality for me. So, Here I go again! I plan to start Monday. It doesnít matter whatís going on, I can do this, too.

Anyone want to give me an opinion on what Iím thinking of doing?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Izzy! I don't think that would be a good idea. We're all so good-looking it would make everyone else pass out from the hotness.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Thanks, Izzy! I don't think that would be a good idea. We're all so good-looking it would make everyone else pass out from the hotness.
I know I would!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 02:53 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2011
I think it's a great idea. Having goals really help and giving yourself a low carb dessert day is perfect. Every time you feel like chucking it you can tell yourself just x amount of days and I can make myself a treat. Good Luck!
Old 07-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #398
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Holy He!!, I just spit my coffee!!!!
I think that is a wonderful plan!!!!!! I think you can do it, you know Ang, I wasnt all crazy at first I went I slothed along and then I started seeing some result and then I got all crazy! Plus I had a huge deadline and timeline too starring me in the face, just try it and see how you like it!!! One thing the more exercise you do and hte more muscle you build going forward you will be able to eat more carbs and stil lose weight, and as you know adjustments will need to be made!! there is always crap to do, family, work, meetings, but I made a deal with myself that I must do it for me, I enjoy the solitude!! Like Friday night I came home after the tire thing and I wanted a drink, and to chill but I knew I had to go, and then I feel so much better, Thursday it was pushing 8:30 pm but I knew i had to do it, you have to make you a priority!!!!

You know I will be cheering you and supporting you-whatever you need!!!!!!

So proud of you!!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 07:35 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post

You know I will be cheering you and supporting you-whatever you need!!!!!!

So proud of you!!!!
Yep, we will all be your cheerleaders! Great plan! You can do it!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
WOW! Good plan for Monday! I'll be waving my pom poms!!!

Yea I agree on wanting to have lost more by September. It was a slow almost 40 and probablly the first year I didn't gain in forever if ever. Too much off plan activity. Letting work and life ruin my eating has been the recent thing. And too much meat not enough veggies. we will find the right combo to succeed. As long as we keep plugging away and don't give up. Even though I want to some days.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Martini! Don't just wave your pom poms. Join me! Your anniversary is coming fast, too! Get a plan and let's execute together! We can post our daily success right here. You know you want to!
Old 07-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Sounds like a great plan. I need to be more organized, too. Something always seems to come up to make me put off things for a day - or a week - or a month. I have no excuse and should be able to work around the somethings, whatever they are.

I was put on thyroid meds 3 weeks ago and I seem to have a bit more get up and go. I also think a couple of the aminos are helping. I just re-read the original Atkins book and Gary Taubes new book. The studies are there to re-inforce the low carb way of eating.

Hubby keeps going down in pounds. He just left on a long hike in the Koolau Mountain area. It is a beautiful day for it. He tries to get about 8 miles of walking in a day. My back doesn't allow that, but I do use a pool most days and take my water weights as well as walk in the pool.

Anyhow, your plan sounds great and will look forward to seeing you succeed. This Tutu says you can do it!!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #403

Martini- you are so close no talk of giving up!!!! You can do it right along with Ang!!!!!

Seabreezes whenever I see your avi, I think of beaches and coconuts, LOL
Old 07-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Quote:
I think you can do it, you know Ang, I wasnt all crazy at first I went I slothed along and then I started seeing some result and then I got all crazy!
I agree with amber (not that I am doing anything non slothful atm). Once you get moving and see the results it can be really motivating and drive you to continue and compound those results. Once upon a time I was a reluctant gym bunny, and the momentum from massive fortnightly inch losses really made me WANT to do it. Its the starting part, the develping a habit that is the hard bit. Once you get going its awesome.

I think the BFL minus the nutrition is a great idea. I have done this exact thing in the past (when I was a gymballina as well). I did the cheat day same as you did - just some additional treaty stuff, but not off LC.

I know in the past you have really shied away from structure due to the negative triggers, but over the past 3 months you are getting a lot better with it. Baby stepping the strictness has been great. Perhaps you are now ready to do a program like BFL.

If you do this I want you to take a bunch of measurements. I can't recall if the book shows what one. I did waist, hip, wrist (seriously noticed a change lol) bicep, thigh and calf (among others). Landmark these positions so you always measure the same spot - as a 1 inch up or down from the spot can depress you if you measure bigger due to error. By landmark I mean measure from a set point. So for example, for my thigh I did X inches above top of knee. I'm sure your gorgeous hubby will love to help ya and get to put his hands all over your body.

I am considering starting with you - not BFL as I don't even had simple weights here - but something. I need to mull it over today though.

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 07-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #405

Ang- the only thing I worry about is maybe it is too much to start with like 6 days? Maybe aim for 3 or 4 then you wont feel like failure if you dont make it one day, maybe knowing OK I can rearrange one day versus OMG I have to go? I think if you get in a groove it will become a habit, just like our bad habits it is just as hard to start a new one as it is to break an old one!

I will make a deal, I want to be smoke free by 9/1, so you exercise minimum 4 times week and I will quit by 9/1, holy crap I cant believe I just typed that!!!! That is the most major suffering I can do with ya without being with ya, LOL
Old 07-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #406

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Ang- the only thing I worry about is maybe it is too much to start with like 6 days? Maybe aim for 3 or 4 then you wont feel like failure if you dont make it one day, maybe knowing OK I can rearrange one day versus OMG I have to go? I think if you get in a groove it will become a habit, just like our bad habits it is just as hard to start a new one as it is to break an old one!

I will make a deal, I want to be smoke free by 9/1, so you exercise minimum 4 times week and I will quit by 9/1, holy crap I cant believe I just typed that!!!! That is the most major suffering I can do with ya without being with ya, LOL
I'll exercise 4 days a week too if it gets you off the smokes Amber!
Old 07-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber off the smokes???

That's huuuuuge! Way to go, Amber! I AM SO IN!

I hear what you are saying, but I'm going for it. I mean REALLY... what am I doing? It's not like I have a real job like all you ladies-- I'm a housewife for crying out loud. I can do whatever I like! The problem is changing what I like to do! Right now I like to **** around on the computer-- a lot. I think I may, JUST MAY, be able to sacrifice an hour a day of internet-****ing-around to get my butt moving. It's not like I hate exercise, or don't *want* to do it-- it's that NOT doing it is so darn easy!

Yes, I still have to sew and clean and shop and cook and make sure my men are cared for-- yes, that's a job-- but I need to learn to use my spare time a little differently. More efficiently. It is a positive change, and I'm not dreading it! I'm in the mood for a little success, and you all have inspired me: THANK YOU!

Anyway, dude, if I can't get down the street and do the elliptical for 20 damn minutes, 20! then that's just SAD. Time to focus on a goal and channel my inner Amber!

Wow, I used a lot of smileys. Well, HERE'S A FEW MORE:
Old 07-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #408

You are motivating me Glam...I need to get back to it too.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:22 AM   #409

Alright I will be out of my cigars by next week, I cant buy them here at the store so I can only get them on line Tony is painfully aware that my stash is dwindling, so game on, I figure by next Monday they will all be gone!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/178/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Good Morning! A quick fly by to say hello! I have a lot to go back and catch up on but it looks like we have a bit of a throw down and I like it!

Vegas was fine- really it was all work and not a ton of play, but thats fine - Amber what a great place to get married though! you are going to have a blast!

Be back later once I have caught up! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:30 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Good morning, Ang!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCinSC
Stats: 314/274.5/180 6'0"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 6/1/2011 at 282 lbs
What a fantastic plan! You are absolutely right, life happens regardless. There is always something to do, someone to take care of, something to plan or execute, but we can't put ourselves on hold for those things! One amazing thing about the gym is how fast you will see progress in the beginning. I'm blown away by how I can already walk fast and longer, and I'm already doing more weight in some areas. I think those little successes at the beginning of a work out plan help you get in the habit.

Good luck with this new plan!

November is the big month that looms for me - our cruise, my son's birthday party and family pictures. I want to be so much thinner in those pictures! I want to be the hot, active Mom at his party!

And Amber - YAY for setting a concrete goal! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU WILL DO IT!

Labor Day Challenge Goal: 250! Starting July 5!
280 279 278 277 276 275.8 275 274 273 272 271 270 269 268 267 266 265 264 263 262 261 260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250
Old 07-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #413

Morning Ang! So, what's on the agenda for today? Have a great day!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning, Angela. The sun is just coming up over Diamond Head. Time to get out and about!! I think I'll start with the pool today when it opens.

Hubby is having cataract surgery on Thursday so we have a pre-op visit with the doctor today.

Have a great low carb day
Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, everyone!

So, went to the gym. Did my upper body weight training list like a good girl. Then I was like, "That's it? I'm done? I can go home now? Really?" Granted, I did wussy levels of weights, but I thought it was a very good start, and right at my comfort level. I'm feeling it, though! I had to use both hands to drink from my water bottle, LOL!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #416

WooHoo Ang! Yes, start out small...build up as you go. You will probably feel it more tomorrow morning or later on. If not, you know you can up it a bit....not too much though.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Kitty! Yep, that's the plan. I won't be around much today-- Time to sew!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #418

Productivity is good, it doesn't matter how hard you are doing it, you are doing it and making it a habit, all positive!!! LOL

So proud of you!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Did you get the wedding dress back?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Hey! I'm finally getting caught up - hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Closed Thread