Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 04:42 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/178/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Thanks so much for the info Glam, and for the visual!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2011, 05:27 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2011
You never cease to amaze me
Old 07-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #303
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
OMG cakes...

A couple of my friends that are joining my RL roadtrip want to visit the cake bosses bakery One said to ask for a lc one! ...and I'd probably be kicked out of there if I did That would be too funny!

Amber, you are not a cheater...we all do it! Remember who is speaking...ughh...typing....here!

On the ACV, I do the same, but use a straw. it is to be bad for the enamel on the teeth....my teeth are bad enough On my list of things to fix about me.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Thanks to everyone for the advice on the ACV, I will start incorporating it into my daily life (or when I can remember)

All this talk of cupcakes is making me... I don't know if I will ever look at a baked good and just pass by without really thinking about it
Old 07-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #305

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yeah the one guy in here raided Panera Bread Saturday night so the darn kitchen is full of bread, muffins and bear claws, the bear claw is speaking to me, it looks like it has almonds and some kind of fruit filling, LOL Why do I have to study it, smell it? Why cant I just walk buy? Fries, candy, chips, all that crap I can walk by, but not a baked good!

Kitty my cousin went to the Cake Boss bakery last year for her anniversary! They brought a ton of stuff home last year, OMG it was so good, make sure that is a cheat day! LOL
Old 07-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #306

What I was thinking! I just have to watch the whole trip doesn't become a major cheat! LOL

I got to where I can walk by most of the stuff...now...some is beyond that...a few things on my top A list of cave in potentials! Luckily, they are often not something I see daily. I could make a list, but then, I'd be thinking about them again!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:46 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Baked goods are definitely a cave in for me. I just adore them *sigh*
Old 07-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Ang, stopping by for a quick hello. What brought on the cupcake dream? We have some of those cupcake shops now--GiGis, Small Bites, etc. That is one of the things I was going to do with my dd this summer-- check out all the shops in our area and rate them. DS heard about it and he wants in to! However, we are all seldom home at the same time. So far we have only made it to the above two and GIGI's is the winner hands down.

Last summer we made a deal to eat out once a week at new restaurants--Smashburger, Five Guys, Salty Iguana, Blanc Burgers, etc and that was a lot of fun.

Downtown KC hit 100 yesterday so I am in staying cool and checking journals to avoid the hottest part of the day. We are under an extreme heat warning again. Hope you are staying cool.

Congrats on working out!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
I kid you not. I KNOW WHY GLAMMY DREAMT CUPCAKES!!!! We are creepily connected...lol I went away this weekend. To a lovely festival but a party for a friend's aunt TEN DIFFERENT CAKES!!!! FULL SHEETS! 6 cakes one night of the suprise dinner (one representing the mom and each kid's fav) Then the next day the crazy lady next to me in charge of dessert table. WHY WOULD U BAKE 4 buundts MORE???? I only had 4 teaspoons of 4 different one *conut, red velvet, chocolate and mint choc chp. Ate the 2 inch cocnut piece winus the icing. To be honest it was gross to see soo much cake. WHICH WAS WEIRD. the one a tasted werent delightful. I had the most marvelous steak and found my favorite cheese in the world. I did darned good out of town agin! left at 03. Havent weighed in yet. in the morning. Hopefully I staayed on the dime and can make it under tre Leches on Sunday! CAKE HUMOR!!!

Amber!!! Bear claws sound JUST LIKE BEAR CRAWLS!!!!

KC!!! I have eaten at the origianal five guy for over 10 years!!! Watching them grow into a huge chain has been unreal!!! I love their burgers!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
You're my cuppycake!

Not sure if I can link this, but, go to Youtube and search for 'Amy Castle - The original cuppycake video'
Old 07-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Martini! That was such a big win!! You're doing sooooo great lately darls!

labmini - sharpening elbows - hahahahahah

Meh, don't worry about the not doing everything perfect glammy. You're doing a spectacular job. The only way I can work and try my darndest to keep up here is i'm just kinda super efficient with work so I can sneak in throughout the morning. Takes a while to get through all the journals. The dress sounds fab. I also vote for the spanx.

25 mins on the elliptical is awesome. I remember when I had just restarted gym'ing, 5-6 mins was the most could do. took me at least a few weeks to get to 20 mins. SO you're officially a superstar.

Weird about the cupcakes. I to have had some strange food dreams. At least it was a nightmare and not reality, woken up with icing smeared all over your gob hehe.

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 07-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Tiggypoo I am so trying to let this be the week. Ole TOM is here which explains last weeks craving for fake chocolates. Hopefully I get a wooshhhh!!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #313

Yes, the cupcake dream is something...but mine trumps!

Model Ang back on the runway!!! Some of mine have come true! Some strange occurances....so?
Old 07-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
LOL all this cupcake talk! (waving Hi and giving thanks to all my ladies who wrote to me today! You guys are the best and crack me up!)

Cupcakes don't phase me-- I can have little bean cupcakes with ideal frosting any ol' time-- which I really enjoy eating-- so I don't know why I dreamt of them? Maybe an underlying guilt that I am not weighing or reporting or being a super low carb girl to lose weight? Oh well. I did weigh this morning and I've dropped back into the 240's-- I don't even care right now.

I had a huge dress setback today that nearly made me cry. Finally perfected the pattern and the smoothest princess seam possible and cut out the mock up dress so I can send it to her to nip/tuck wherever needed to make it just right. Well, I was pinning and pinching and pinning and pinching and something was totally wrong! It looked awful! It was way too big! What happened? Pattern drafting is exceptionally precise and mathmatical-- what happened? Well, damn fabric from my stash is what happened-- I just used some old cotton quilters broadcloth (Kona Cotton!) I had laying around for the toile-- IT WAS STRETCHING. It is 100% cotton and should not have any stretch at all! WTH!! We are not talking bias, either! Straight grain! The weave just loosened right up and added about 5 inches to the bust and waist! I thought I was insane! Broadcloth for crying out loud! So I spent all day making something I have to chuck. So, I went to Joann's and bought their cheapass poly broadcloth to make a new one-- this stuff won't stretch on me, magnificent synthetic ******* that it is!

Anyway, I'm fine. It will take me about an hour to make a new one tomorrow-- I did all the fussing today, so the actual build should be a breeze. This is the toile, mind you-- the real dress won't be made until I see how the mock up fits her. It's a ***** fitting someone in another state!

All low carb today, everything fine. Just sewing sewing sewing.

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 07-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Does every dress become such a pain in the rear or is this one a special hell

What a pain!! At least you figured it out and realised you can in fact do all that icky math stuff. You are seriously having strange material issues. First the purple white, then the stretching non stretch stuff.

240's while not caring is awesome!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:23 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

WTH Indeed! I never heard of such a thing
Hope it all works out quickly and she knows how to pin it properly
Old 07-12-2011, 05:19 AM   #317

Gosh Angela this is the dress from He!!, good thing you noticed it was stretching on ya, I think you feel gobs better when you get this mailed and off your chest for a bit.

Back in the 40's is awesome, all that sewing no time to eat, LOL SO this is like a pattern made of some other fabric just to get the size right? Then you will use that to make the real dress? Sounds hard! Of course I cant sew a button on, LOL
Old 07-12-2011, 06:44 AM   #318

Wow!!! I guess you are proving Murphy's law correct. Sending good creative vibes your way. She is one lucky bride to have you do this!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:49 AM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Yes, Tiggy, every sewing project has something catastophic that usually happens. Maybe I'm just not a smart sewer? I always manage to make mistakes-- never the same one twice, though! There are always fresh new ways to screw up.

I know, Diane, right? I'm thinking it may be the age of the fabric-- maybe 10 years old? I have a stash that is just ridiculous. I have so much fabric here even if I sew 24/7 I would die an old lady before using it all. I think it's time to let it all go and get rid of it. BUY AS NEEDED, YOU DOPE! Still, it was just Kona cotton. Maddening.

You're right, Amber, if I'm busy I don't eat. Pretty simple! I just need to keep busy!

Thanks, Kitty! It will all work out fine, they always do. I'm just a fussy mcfussypants and do a lot of time wasting and mistake making until I get it right.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

I dont see anything stupid in your method.If anything it is the smart way to go about it so dont kick yourself. That cotton must have been ready to rip to shreds if that's the case. So weird! I would definitely be going through your stash and tossing some of it. You dont want to waste time working on something only to have it fall to pieces because f the age of the fabric. I need to do the same thing, some of my stuff is ancient (D's mom gave me a pile when we moved here)
Old 07-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #321

You are a pro, that is why you take such care!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Gals! It will all be great in the end, i always just fret more thana normal person, I guess.

Hey! I fiiiiinally bought a new swim suit--

the top-- in red

Women's Beach Living Paisley Print Scoop Tankini Swimsuit Top from Lands' End

and the bottoms, in black

Women's Beach Living 3" Swim Shorts with Tummy Control from Lands' End

Pickens were slim, of course, but I'll be fine with them. I love the shorts! They both have favorable reviews, and upon close photo inspection, the top seems okay-- some of those mothers even make a beautiful model's boobs look dumpy!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #323

Ang- Lands End makes a really nice swimsuit, I cringe at the 50 or so I have that I cant wear now, when you are so fat for 30 years one or two a year adds up to a lot of swimsuits, LOL But Lands End always fit well and had nice material that didn't get all stretched out I hate that!!!!! The 2 suits I got this year were cheap and I hate the fabric!!!

I like the paisley top, I dont see red only white, blue and pink, but I am sure it is cute. I looked at board shorts, at Target but they cut me where my flabby skin is, so I figure just wear cover ups, so I sit at the pool all covered up and then slink it off quickly before I get in and run to the deep end, LOL

Yeah Ang will be a sexy swim goddess again!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Aloha

Hi,

I have been reading your posts for the past month and find ALL of you who post here a delight.

I used to do a lot of sewing and when we moved from CA to HI I gave away a whole fabric store worth of fabric from my attic!! It is so easy to see something you like and then think I have to have that now. Without a sewing room here I don't do that anymore. I also had a yarn shop worth of yarn!!

I am in awe of the gowns you make. I know how hard it is to create from scratch, but you do an amazing job - beyond words.

I have been low carbing forever, it seems. Hubby does it too, in fact better than me, so never have to cook 2 meals. We travel a lot and then find when we get home we are somewhat starting all over again. It gets harder each time, but we persevere!!

I have to thank you for directing me to the book the Diet Cure. I bought it and read it immediately. I have added several amino acids to my diet and they have really helped the food cravings. THANK YOU! Gary Taubes has been one of my favorite authors for a long time too. I just have to believe in what he writes and follow the low carb way ALL the time!

I also just got all the Ideal sweeteners from Amazon so am ready to make a goodie or to. As I said, you have really inspired me in many ways. Thank you, again.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

I have to second the thank you for leading to the Diet Cure- I was able to find it at the book sale this weekend and am researching all of the supplements and aminos I can't wait to add!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Angela has lead quite a few of us to the Diet Cure with great results!

Ag, hang in there with the gown. It will be perfect, I know it!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aloha, Seabeezes! E komo mai! What part of the islands are you on? My husband is Hawaiian (Waianae! The bad part of town, lol!) but we live in Oregon so we can have some semblance of living quality. We have plenty of family there, though, and we try to visit every few years. I adore Hawaii! You are so lucky all the poke and fresh fish! Low carb heaven! Thanks for the compliments on my sewing-- there's a lot of thinking thinking thinking and screwing up before what I finally spit out looks as good as it does! Did you see my website? What kind of stuff did you sew? I am currently making a wedding holoku for my SIL-- ruffles! Lots of ruffles! (And if you make my blueberry bars, be sure to decrease the salt, lol!)

You and Labmini are so welcome about the books, but really I just read them and gushed about them-- they were recommended to me by other people on this board. We are all in this together!

Amber, it's the hot pink one, I dont' know why I said red. Hope it fits my boobs! The last one I had to sew the cups together so my boobs weren't flopping out under my pits.

Thanks, Janet!!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Thanks for the welcome. I live near Diamond Head.

I used to sew everything from fancy to bathing suits to simple knits. If I had a pattern I would attack it!! My mother could tailor beautiful suits, dresses, etc. I used to sit next to her as a child and make doll clothes while she made my clothes. I remember smocked dresses. When you mentioned you were smocking, it brought back memories of Easter outfits. I taught sewing in high school when they still had a home ec department. That is a thing of the past, though, which is really too bad.

Yes, I have seen your web site. The costumes are breathtakingingly beautiful. I would never have the patience to do what you do.

Opah is my fav fish - on the menu for tonight. It should be really easy to lose weight here, but I seem to struggle. I don't have a lot to lose, but with a very bad back any weight I can get off will help. I swim for exercise and love that. Water aerobics are my friend.

Hope the sewing is going forward today.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #329

Hot pink My favorite color!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #330