Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Martini, I could compliment you ALL DAY LONG. Gimme those dimples! And Ginger!

I wouldn't worry about a tankini-- I see big old fat ladies at the pool wearing them, or was that just me in the mirror? and they are fine. Even when my belly was enormous it never rolled up, and my mom has one and she is much larger than you-- never a problem. I found a skort I like at Lands end-- I'm a board short/ Skort girl, because I like to be au natural-- I've had my fill of shaving down there to last a lifetime! No thank you!

Aw, You're so nice, Tiggy. I like to do the same thing. I love getting random compliments, so I dole them out, too! Feels good!

Dress form is stuffed and looks just like my SIL, my patterns are being expirimented with and tweaked to fit just right-- she has a cute little apple shape and carries all her weight in her bust and belly, VERY hard to fit! She has a small waist looking at her front or back, so I am trying to get that little notch in her waist fitted so she looks thinner as her guests look at her up there saying her vows. I don't know if I can pull it off, but I have a few more days to monkey with it before I just have to GET IT DONE.

No real report tonight, I think I'm just going to bag everything until the dress is done. It's too hard to do it all. of course staying low carb is NON NEGOTIABLE, and I will be swimming when my son takes lessons and walking the dog, and probably I'll go to the gym fridays when my son has his gymnastics class (same building) so i will attempt exercise daily--- but everythign else has to just sit at the wayside until I can divide my attention again. I don't know how all of you do it, working your asses off and still coming here and doing everything you should be! I'm pathetic!

But, my dress is pretty, and that's all I'm focusing on for the next two weeks. What's two weeks, right?

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals

Last edited by glamazon; 07-07-2011 at 10:24 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2011, 02:55 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Ang you are not pathetic you are goal focused!!! Is she going to wear spank or something under the dress they really make a difference in your shape, if she has a tummy it will help her waist look even better! Hey no wonder woman costume yet, WTH? I better check on it today or boots, man that would make my weekend!
Old 07-08-2011, 03:49 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Nothing wrong with being meticulous in what you do Angela. Sure there are people out there that just throw things together, but it is not the quality of your work. I can tell just be looking that you do the job right the FIRST TIME.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:54 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/178/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Glam- I feel you not being able to focus on everything - I am barely holding on and I only have myself to worry about- hubs is pretty self sufficient. Nice job staying low carb and swim swim swimming! Sounds like you have it all together to me. Think of how happy you are making the bride!

Amber- spanx are the best! I wore the least sexy underroos on my wedding day! It was Spanx all the way

Glad everyone else is chugging along - heading to my parents tonight for the greatest book sale! It's an annual thing and we are the crazy people that get in line at 7:00am for the best selection. Its like walmart on black Friday people running through the doors- I am sharpening my elbows as we speak!

Have a great one!

KISS and swoosh!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:46 AM   #275

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
You are such a wonderful person Glam! Your SIL is so lucky to have you working on her gown! So many others would slap it together, and it wouldn't be near as wonderful as what you are making! Yes, ask her if she is spanxing it on her day. That will make a difference. It will be done soon, and you can get back to your normal life. Take a deep breath and release slowly. No matter what you make for her, it will be a thousand times better than what another would do and a thousand times better than she is expecting. It will be perfect in everyone's eyes. Don't drive yourself insane over it!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Ooh I'm getting excited to see this dress! Two weeks will fly by I'm sure.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Morning Angela!

Whew! I have finally managed to get caught up on the readings. I am waaaaay behind as I have not been able to check in for about a week. I don't know if I have had the chance to comment on your dress in your avi. Wow! It is spectacular! The craftsmanship is amazing. Congrats on breaking through the 250s!!

Good luck with the Hawaiian wedding dress. Like everyone else here, I can't wait to see photos of it.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post

Good luck with the Hawaiian wedding dress. Like everyone else here, I can't wait to see photos of it.
Yep, can't wait!!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

aawww thanks, everyone! I'm taking a break-- I've been fussing with the princess seam over the bust since 7 am. So, I'm sitting here with my coffee sausage and eggs! Anything fun going on today?
Old 07-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*crickets* LOL!

HEADING TO THE GYM. It's either workout or sit in the hall with a book while my son is in tumbling class. Oooooo sitting with a book sounds very tempting, but I. MUST. RESIST! I just want Amber to be proud of me.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #281

Amber is very proud of you!!!!! You cannot sit in a gym and read, LOL That would be wrong!!! In fact why do they even have chairs in gyms? Seems a little odd, LOL I know it was my winter coat hanger, I was too lazy to get a lock, LOL
Old 07-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
aawww thanks, everyone! I'm taking a break-- I've been fussing with the princess seam over the bust since 7 am. So, I'm sitting here with my coffee sausage and eggs! Anything fun going on today?
Hmmm, I spent an hour and a half on Skype with my oldest who is currently in Bogota, went through some mail, and the most fun of all---cleaned the greasy grime off the top of my refrigerator as per Fly Lady. You still have time to do your refrigerator too!! Unless you are one of those lucky people with a cabinet over yours so you don't have an area to clean..... grumble, grumble, grumble... oh, well, it did need it and 409 is my friend.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

How was the workout?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #284

WooHoo on the workout!!! You go Glam!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank, Missy Latte and Miss Kitty! I only did 25 minutes on the elliptical-- but I did do it!

Kc, our fridge top is eye level (we are both well over 6 feet!) and exposed, so it is always cleaned as part of the daily kitchen clean up. Now UNDER the fridge is a whole 'nother story. I think we have mutated sludge under there pulsing and jiggling, trying to grow legs so it can get the hell out of there.

Aw, Amber, i'm glad you are proud of me. I am nowhere near your level-- maybe someday? My brother in law wants to get back into running (after decades of slug behavior) And I told him about you and the couch to 5k thingy... we'll see how he does!

The gym and the class are in the rec center, which is an old converted elementary school-- and they do have chairs in the big hallway for all the parents waiting for their kiddos! There aren't any chairs in the cardio room or the weight room, LOL! I did read a few old People Magazines while I was on the elliptical. That was okay, Right??

I was fine today-- too snacky, but all low carb. I don't care right now, and it's all good.

See you in the morning!
Old 07-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/178/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Yay glam- way to go on a great day. 25 mins on the elliptical is super impressive!!!

Hope you have fun plans for the weekend as well as make all of the progress on the dress you want.

If I could ask you a question on the supplements you take? Gnc is having a sale and I am out of my pathetic gummy vitamins. What is the thought process on your supplements, and how did you decide or figure out what to take? Was it all from the Diet Cure? Also I have apple cider vinegar- how do you take it? One gulp? Only if you have time I would love to know more!

Amber- I am headed to Vegas this week for work Wednesday Thursday and Friday. I am nervous about it reeking havoc on my workout regime and diet (more from an alcohol social perspective) but having your original advice to me that LC can be easy in a work situation has got me thinking- there is always a cheese board and crudités, dinners will be out so I am in control and if lunch is a boxed thing I can bring snacks in my own purse- same with breakfast. So thank you for that reminder!

Have a great weekend all!!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:07 AM   #287

Glam 25 minutes is awesome very proud of you!!! I cant read on those things, I get too dizzy, and the book falls, and now I am doing those circuits and intervals so its only 3 minutes at a time. For sure I think your BIL can do C25K, another guy jsut joined the running thread I am on, he did it too, just finished his first 5 mile race on July 4 and he started in April! I will say that program works, if it can get me running!

Labmini- Oh Vegas! I am getting married there in Oct, I cant wait! Ah my trip in Jan was filled with good intent,made it through the first 2 days then all down hill, I gained 11 pounds in 5 days, terrible!!!! Ang saw the aftermath when I got back! Vegas is easy to stay on plan, as long as you have some will power, unlike me who then caved to all the desserts and crepes, LOL
Have fun!!!!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #288
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Congrats!!! 25 minutes is fabulous but deciding to exercise instead of read is MAJOR!!!

Your SIL is a lucky woman to have you! I know you will work out the design challenges of the wedding dress and it will fit her gorgeously!

Love you!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:07 AM   #289

25 on it is wonderful! Go Ang!!!!

I like to watch tv or movies. Mine is in a spare bedroom I have my crafty/artsy stuff in. Guess I should get back on it. At least DH can't complain about me...he hasn't been on it for ages!

One of the things I miss about living in town.... being able to just head out the door and run. We live out in the sticks and it is typical Western PA hills here. Not good for beginning running. Through in some loose stone on the roads and wild animals...disaster is waiting! I may start walking though. Can take one dog at a time perhaps! LOL

LM: ACV: I mix some in my ice water. I like it. Some can't stand it that way. Also can add it to salad dressings, etc. like you would reg. vin.

The top of my fridge is covered....mostly by supps. I try to keep them contained in baskets....Try is the key word! LOL

Now, under ....Thanks Ang!!! Now I'm picturing mine doing that! Memo to self...must clean under fridge
Old 07-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Thank, Missy Latte and Miss Kitty! I only did 25 !
Only??? That's awesome!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #291

You know what is really gross? Under the stove, LOL I keep so much crap on top of my fridge only Tony can see that high, LOL

Here is another thing, man I hate going to the store and then trying to find room for stuff in the fridge, like we got 2 fridges and I swear it is not enough you know why,?????????freaking condiments! I swear we need one fridge with nothing but condiments! Sauces, marinades, all that crap it takes up so much room.

I need a bigger house too that might help!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
You know what is really gross? Under the stove, LOL I keep so much crap on top of my fridge only Tony can see that high, LOL

Here is another thing, man I hate going to the store and then trying to find room for stuff in the fridge, like we got 2 fridges and I swear it is not enough you know why,?????????freaking condiments! I swear we need one fridge with nothing but condiments! Sauces, marinades, all that crap it takes up so much room.

I need a bigger house too that might help!
Had the fridge cleaned out for the reunion here (got rid of what ever I could to make room for foods for it) DD said was amazed!!! The fridge is empty!!! Just looked like a "normal" fridge! LOL
Old 07-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank, Missy Latte and Miss Kitty! I only did 25 minutes on the elliptical-- but I did do it!
I did that last night too! If I go over 30 minutes my feet get all sorts of tingly so I usually stop around 25 with a 5 minute cooldown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labmini View Post
I am headed to Vegas this week for work Wednesday Thursday and Friday.
HEY!! I'm going to be in Vegas for work from Tuesday through Friday! If you want to sneak out and meet up that would be fun! It would have to be super late as I'll have work stuff during the day/early evening. PM me if you want to!

I hope everyone gets some time to RELAX today!! We deserve it!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone! Hey! Was that a Pooti Sighting? YEAH! Glad to see you out and obout, Pooti! You are missed!

This morning I had the most AWFUL nightmare. I dreamed I succumbed to CUPCAKES. They were itty bitty gourmet ones and I thought I would sneak one and not tell you-- and then another, and another, and pretty soom I was eating them like the Tasmanian Devil goes through trees. I kept thinking how awful it was I was eating them, but I didn't stop! I kept trying to justify it somehow, even poor Amber was dragged in, I was thinking well, if SHE can do it, so can I! And it just kept getting worse. I am so glad when I woke up and realized it was all made up jackassery in a dream. WHEW! I really didn't want to come in here and shamefully tell you I broke a low carb streak I started LAST SEPTEMBER. WITH BABY CUPCAKES.

Well, my day can only get better from here!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #295

What a nightmare!!!!

Thank goodness it was just a dream!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
I'm sitting here giggling like a fool over your cupcakes, Frenchie is giving me looks
Congrats on the 25 min! I actually *thought* about exercising today, does that count?
Old 07-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #297

Ang I would have been eating them then making us work them off, LOL THe day of my arm surgery I was sort of loopy and I remember waking up and seeing that cake show they had 1000 red velvet cupcakes, I thought I died and went to heaven, LOL I am the cheater, LOL I was probably trying to drag you down with me, LOL
Old 07-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by labmini View Post
If I could ask you a question on the supplements you take? Gnc is having a sale and I am out of my pathetic gummy vitamins. What is the thought process on your supplements, and how did you decide or figure out what to take? Was it all from the Diet Cure? Also I have apple cider vinegar- how do you take it? One gulp? Only if you have time I would love to know more!
Hi Labmini! The apple cider vinegar is Braggs-- the only one I like for this purpose-- and I put a couple of tablespoons of it (not measured, just eyeballed) in a glass of water and down the hatch. I'm a vinegar loving person so it doesn't bother me at all. I even took it straight off the spoon for a while, but it made my thoat raw so I figured that was dumb-- diluted is better.

The vitamin brand I like best right now-- and in my price range-- is Rainbow Light. Their vitamins are from natural sources (real food, mostly) and they never ever hurt my tummy, even on an empty stomach. I do not like and I do not buy synthetic vitamins AT ALL. They should be avoided as much as humanly possible. Vitamins made from whole foods are so much better on every level. They can get mighty expensive, and snooty, but that's why I like the Rainbow Light, they are not so expensive that I just can't buy them no matter how good they are. I take their women's one a day and their cal/mag. Everything else I take is just whatever is laying around or what I've wanted to try from reading the boards.

Aminos are another one I find so helpful-- but I still have not replaced my dear Calson's after they were discontinued-- I SHOULD!! They help me so much and it was easy to forget that.

LOL, gummy vitamins. I give the omega fish oil gummies to my husband-- it makes him feel better about horking down the pile of vitamins I hand him every morning.

Hope you find some brands and combos you like!
Old 07-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're not a cheater, Amber! I think it's the overall journey you have to look at-- AND BABY YOU'RE A STAR! (Now I'll sing it to you while wearing my Purple Prince Pants, which are, of course, assless. )
Old 07-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #300

Ang- this could be a premonition remember I was telling you guys about the Retro bakery that is making the gourmet cupcakes for my wedding, the coffee flavored icing, and all that,maybe it means your little sewing buttocks is coming to my wedding and we are going to eat cupcakes!!! That would be awesome, holy crap I did find a bakery in Vegas that makes sugarless cakes if you come I will make sure i have them for you!!!

Be sure to bring the purple assless pants they will be a hit on the Strip!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 07-10-2011 at 03:31 PM..
Closed Thread