Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I feel like it gets harder although I agree when I have hard HIIT training sessions with the trainer and my legs are sore I run poorly, today is an off day, I am getting a manicure and pedicure, relaxation!!!!
Bejewelme is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Relaxation- what's that? LOL I hope you enjoyed it.

I'm in the midst of potty-training my almost 2 yr old. He's driving me nuts! If I have to clean up one more puddle today I might blow my lid!

It rained briefly this afternoon, so I went for a run. 28 min total- I walked 2 min in the middle. Of course the rain stopped the minute I walked out the door, so it was horribly hot & humid but there was also a bit of a breeze once I got out of town. It's still hot, but temps seem to be going down.

I ran into a former coworker today who commented that I had lost a lot of weight. I never know how to respond. Usually it's something like "Uh, yeah, a bit....thanks..." It feels good but kinda embarasing at the same time. It's so strange, I was looking through old pictures thinking I still look the same (okay, maybe with better hair lol), then someone tells me how I've lost so much. I know I'm wearing smaller sizes, and I feel much more fit. I just wish I could see it myself.

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #63

We never see it on us, we were just talking about how hard it is to take compliments, but just say thank you yes I did lose weight and zip it, I keep rambling on like yeah I gotta lose more, yeah I got skin, yeah I look bad, LOL I cant stop!!!!

Heat is brutal!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

I have to confess- I cheated. Big time. Sat night we got in too late to cook, so we picked up pizza. I was so mad at myself for eating the pizza that I chased it with half a litre of ice cream and half a bag of Munchos. Thank goodness DH was there to eat the other half! I thought since I had cheated anyway, I may as well indulge in the things I've been missing.

Funny thing is, it wasn't that great. Even before I put on 3 lbs and was so bloated I could hardly move. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't stop eating. So gross. I just didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Lesson learned.

Today's monday, and the bloat finally went away by this afternoon. TOM isn't helping either, but it should be over by tomorrow too. I'm back on plan 110%.
It was too hot to run today, so I did strength training, then a ballet conditioning dvd. I danced as a kid & teen, and I can't believe how hard some of this stuff is. I used to be pretty good, now I feel like an elephant flopping around. And the jumps....Let's just say it wasn't pretty...or quiet. LOL.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #65

ThHis was a bad weekend for lots of us, how that scale moved I have no clue!

Ballet- OMG I would bust the floor, I don't have an ounce of grace,LOL
Old 07-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

I'm posting this for accountibility- I really want to see how I measure up without the heat being a factor. Tomorrow I will get up early to run before the heat. I'm going to do a new route, 6.8 k, and 5k will be running. Now, just to talk DH into getting up early to watch the kids....
Old 07-26-2011, 06:16 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

6.8 k - Done! It only took 55 min including 5 min warm up, 5 min cool down, and about 10 min walking in the middle. I was doing great until I got about half way, and the hills and rough road got to me. I was actually limping, my foot hurt so bad. But I got an idea and tightened my shoe (almost to the point of cutting of the circulation) and it helped. I was able to continue running immediately, and made it home - feeling fine. So maybe that's been my problem all along - my shoe wasn't tight enough

I was back & showered by 8 am, before my older two even woke up. DH had to get up with my youngest, but went back to bed once I got back. He's so sweet he didn't even complain about having to get up at 6am.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #68

Oh Mama- I went to the track after my 90 minute workout I cannot run, I am backsliding terrible, I am so frustrated I came home and cried! I guess I am going back to like week 5 or 6 and see if I can get it going again, I was up to 2 miles 28 minutes, WTH happened? Maybe it is the gym workouts it was still in the 90's I think I am worn out I need to go back to alternating gym/running schedule, tomorrow is also no smoking day no wonder I am a mess, I am really hoping that helps too!!! ughghggh HELP!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Stop. Breathe. Relax!

Amber you're the workout queen! I would be dead after 90 min with a trainer, let alone able to run. And in this heat??? This is your body telling you to take it easy. You must be so stressed about your surgery- I bet that's not helping. Give yourself some time to recover and you'll be doing 3 miles in no time. Just focus on recovering and quitting smoking!

That being said, I've had those running days too- when I come home in tears because I feel like such a failure. I guess it's part of the game

Trust me hon, you're doing great!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Holy crap! I ran 5k (no walking) in 37 min tonight! Woot woot! I checked the result times for local races, and the 20-29 age group ranged from 24-28min. I still have a ways to go, but just to know that I could finish a race is so empowering!

I didn't even plan to run tonight, but we were at my mom & dads, and the weather was great, so off I went. Remember that dang road that I couldn't beat? Yeah, I kicked it's A##! Then I kept going. I don't even know where my energy came from, but I'm so proud!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #71

Congrats!!! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The time can always get faster but you did it that is the main thing!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #72

You have to start posting on the running thread! Lots of great people and they love to help! So inspiring,its under exercise I think, runner tearing up the track! I post there all the time, it is fun to share your success and struggles with other runners that are more experienced and ones that are newbies like us!!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:30 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still intimidated by "real" runners :blush: LOL

I'm finally to the point that I'm not embaressed when I pass a runner on the street. I actually smile and say hello!

Went for another 6.8k last night - it was okay, but I had to walk the same old bit in the middle (with the hills & uneven pavement). I was super angry at myself for walking, then a nasty fly found me and kept on eating at me until I ran again. Image me, limping, huffing and puffing, kicking at the stones with anger, and swearing at that fly. Thank heaven there wasn't anyone around! Eventually I pulled myself together and kept a-runnin- beating my record time by 1 min.

I'm down to 190.0 today- a new low! I've been eating a lot of bbq burgers & hot dogs lately that seem to be stalling me I'm gonna miss them, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...
Old 08-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #74

Hello??? YOU ARE A REAL RUNNER HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

You are so funny!! Anyone running is a real runner!!!! And you are past the 5K mark that means you are a runner!!!!! Hotdogs are so wonderful but they are salty and preserved little buggers and it does catchup, I bet layng off them for a bit you will keep losing. Turkey burgers are good, 9 grams of fat vs, 22 or so in a real beef burger, that makes a difference with the saturated fat.

Keep it up, 9 more days til Ic an run and then I am getting back out there with ya!!!! I am going to do this if it kills me now with the pressure being off of the race I can take my time and do what I have to do
Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Mama-
You are a great inspiration!!! And then you have wonder woman inspiring you to do more!!! You ladies are DA BOMB!!!! LOL

I want to build up to running like you two!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hello??? YOU ARE A REAL RUNNER HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

You are so funny!! Anyone running is a real runner!!!! And you are past the 5K mark that means you are a runner!!!!! Hotdogs are so wonderful but they are salty and preserved little buggers and it does catchup, I bet layng off them for a bit you will keep losing. Turkey burgers are good, 9 grams of fat vs, 22 or so in a real beef burger, that makes a difference with the saturated fat.

Keep it up, 9 more days til Ic an run and then I am getting back out there with ya!!!! I am going to do this if it kills me now with the pressure being off of the race I can take my time and do what I have to do
Thanks Funny thing is, I don't even LIKE hot dogs! They're just cheap & easy. I eat the burgers with a slice of tomato & mayo or mustard, again mostly for convenience. I'll lay off for a while though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Mama-
You are a great inspiration!!! And then you have wonder woman inspiring you to do more!!! You ladies are DA BOMB!!!! LOL

I want to build up to running like you two!
Thanks Ceecee. It means so much to have someone think I'm inspiring!

It was another hot one here- and a holiday so we spent the day at the pool. I did go for a run around lunch time, but didn't set any records - 5k in 45min. I ran 15 min, walked 10, ran 10, then walked the last 10. Jumping into the pool when I was done was heavenly!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #77

salty and preserved little buggers and it does catchup, get it, ketchup?? LOL

I know I am funny in my own mind, LOL

Wow that sounds good running and then the pool, Gosh I dont think the pool would let me in the way I look all sweaty and gross, LOL

Cee Cee- Good gosh you can do it hun, if I can you can, no one in a million years ever thought they would see me running, LOL
Old 08-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Haha. I missed that lol.
I agree Ceecee- I am the last person anyone would have thought could run. Even my family was like, YOU can RUN???? LOL It is a great feeling! And its really helped me to have non-weight goals. Like, finish c25k, then run so far without stopping. It's especially helpful when the scale doesn't move much.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:45 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am going to try ladies. But I am always so tired. I want to work out but by the time I get off and pick up DD, clean my house, do HW, the day is over!!! I think my cheating on the weekends is catching up with me. I need to quit cheating on weekends and stick to the plan!! UUUGGGHHHH

Where do you ladies find the energy??? You both are workout machines!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #80

One thing hun you cant cheat on the weekends nothing more stressful then being good all week to see it all go out the window, there is no energy, you just do it no matter what! I put all my exercise in my calendar just like a work appt so it is one more thing that has to be done! How old is your daughter? Why don't you take her for a walk? 30 minutes of just walking is great exercise and good for both of you!!!! IF she is little push her around in the stroller, or if she is older walk and talk! Its good, just do it before dinner or right after, the house can wait!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Amber! My DD is 3 so I think a stroller is necessary! Yea I set myself up for the last two weekends. We had family visiting and took that as a reason to splurge. I will try the walks today. Leaving the house alone will be hard.... I have issues with leaving it looking like a pig stye!! I think it's called OCD. And with a 3 yo... you can only imagine what it looks like sometimes. But you are right Amber... I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING.

Sorry for jacking your thread Mama!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #82

You can clean the house when she goes to bed, just do it it is a good way to unwind and spend some quality time together. I bet she will love it, and even 20 minutes-30 minutes is really nothing in the grand scheme of things!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Exercise is where I get my energy. LOL.
I'm fortunate to be able to stay at home with my kids, but I don't get out. Ever. So running is my quiet time. It really has been a lifesaver for me in many ways.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay Ladies!!! I am going to start today!!
Old 08-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

For the first time, I almost threw my scale out. I'm back up to 191.6 I know it's just water, but it's still so disheartening. Especially after turning down chocolate truffle cheesecake at a party last night. (I still can't believe the words "No, thank-you" escaped my mouth. LOL)

Anyway, I had to run to the grocery store, and ran into a former co-worker. The first words out of her mouth were, "Kristyn! You're so pretty!" I'VE NEVER BEEN CALLED PRETTY IN MY LIFE. I was so happy, I had to choke back tears! Then I had at least two more people (seperately) tell me how great I look. I can't believe it. What better motivation than compliments to keep you going on what started as a rough day.

Amber, I was telling DH about how you were so excited to fit into Tony's shorts, and he was like, you can do that too. And to prove it, he stripped off his work pants right there in the middle of the kitchen and made me try them on. And they did up! I'm just glad we weren't on the front porch!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #86

Aww mama that is awesome about the shorts it is a great feeling isnt it? The pic of you and your son is so cute, what a doll!!!!

Ughgh I got to start running again, I feel I need cardio to move this scale, I am hoping just the eating will be enough!!!!

You are a beautiful girl hun, you have to see it in yourself, take those compliments as the fuel to keep on going cause you are doing it!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Don't rush back into running until the dr says it's ok. The last thing you need is to mess up your healing! I'm so glad we "met". You're such an inspiration to me- I wanna be just like you, Wonderwoman!

I did my 5k again tonight- 36 min! My parents are so sweet & kept the kids for me (DH is still on afternoon shift). Part of my route is a really narrow bike path through the woods/marsh, and I got kinda spooked this time & sprinted through the whole thing! It's amazing how much energy you get when you're scared. I'm suprised I didn't shave 5 min off my time, just from how fast I was going.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:28 AM   #88

I hate being creeped out like at the track that morning it was dark it was freaky, wow 36 minutes for the whole thing is awesome time!!!!! I just want to get to that pont again, I am going to restart at week 5 and try the run/walk for a few days until I feel I got it back, I am hoping at least reducing the smoking will help!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Mama!!!!

I love the pic of you and your son!!! You are so pretty and he is a little heart breaker!

Congrats on doing 5k in 36 mins!!!!! This is what I am talking about... total inspiration from the both of you!! And you be careful running thru those creepy parts... i would hate to have to put the APB out on somebody in Canada for messing with Mama!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Ceecee. :blush:

I do that trail quite often, but not usually around dusk. Plus, there was a men's tie (as in, from a suit) hanging on a tree branch as though someone left it as some kind of marker. It was really creepy.

Amber, I bet you'll do really well your first run back. I think the break is good for you, and less smoking will definately help!