Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
NO HCG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #782
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
WOE: Atkins
LOL. I would have said the same thing 6 months ago.
I don't think I would do the shots, probably just the drops. They're homeopathic and don't contain the actual hormone, but they are supposed to help burn fat and curb hunger. (I bet it's a placebo effect) I think 500 cal would be a stretch, but I could do it for a few weeks if it means 1+lbs a day like people say. I'm giving myself a few weeks on low carb/low calorie to see if I can get myself under control.
Today was a success:
B- protein shake w/strawberries & chia seeds
L- huge salad with one chicken breast
D- same a breakfast
1250 cal/ 22 net carbs
Workout: 30min weights + 45min bike @ gym

I just got into a good gym schedule and DH's schedule changes again on Mon I'm just praying the gym will be slow at night next week so I can do what I want.

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #783
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was good again
1300cal/ 23 net carbs
workout: 15 min elliptical, 30min weights, 30min rowing

I used the rowing machine at the gym for the first time yesterday. It was really weird - I had it on the highest resistance and it still didn't feel like I was doing anything....until I stood up and was really shaky and my hands were full of blisters. I can really feel the soreness in my back & arms & abs today so I will definitely be adding it to my workouts.
Today I will do a long run. I bought some ketostix and I plan to use some blocks while on the run (about 20g sugar) then test when I get back to see if it broke ketosis.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I tried the HCG for a few weeks a couple of years ago and did lose well. BUT,,,, I was miserable and quickly regained what I had lost. I can do low calorie, I can do low carb but the limits of the food choices along with no dairy and low fat on the HGC plan made me very, ummm, b*tchy,,, to say the least. I got so tired of the way I had to cook the food and the limited selection and spices that I lost my appetite for food and would leave it on my plate because I just did not enjoy it. So as soon as I could eat anything with flavors I liked I just ate too much. Now I don't eat much more than I did on the HGC but I like the all the food I eat so I can do it long term.

While HGC was not for me it really does work for a lot of people.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the info Frankie. Did you do the shots or the homeopathic drops/pellets? I doubt I'd be able to do it long term, but one or two rounds should give me a nice loss, then switch to LC to maintain.

I did my experiment and found that one energy gel was easily digested & used in the 1:15 it took me to run my route. I stayed in ketosis all day so no issues there either.

My thoughts & prayers are with all the poor runners and people of Boston. My heart breaks for the those who were injured, and for all the runners who worked so hard just to be there. The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

I'm fighting a cold this week...every time I *think* I'm going to have a day to relax, something comes up and I end up rushing around all day. We had a woman book a party (Yay!) but we only had 10 days notice. BOO!! So lots of work this week, and trying to get my workouts in on top of all the regular kid & house stuff. I started lifting heavy weights at the gym, and I'm amazed by how much I can lift...and how much I feel it the next day. I love it! lol Also switched up my cardio to include the rowing machine- I'm hoping it will help trim my belly or at least firm up my back fat.
5k is next weekend, training has sucked. My goal was around 30 min, but now I'll just be happy to finish without walking. I feel like I've been sick for weeks
Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #787
Major LCF Poster!

I'm STILL fighting this cold, and it's moved into my chest. 3 days to the 5k race and training has been almost non-existent. I know I shouldn't be so concerned about my time since there isn't a time limit and there will be plenty of walkers, but I'm bummed nonetheless. On a happy note, my hubby has decided to start running with me We only went out once and it took 41min for 5k - and we had to slow to a walk for ME much more than him. I was pretty annoyed with myself but I think he was on a mission to prove he could do anything I can do. The breaks were good for him to
My weight still hasn't budged. I'm still at 202. Getting really frustrated since I'm not eating off plan and can't seem to get back into ketosis (TOM and cold may have a play in this however) I took my measurements about a week ago, at least I'll be able to see if I'm losing inches. I'm really considering trying a round of HCG soon, even if it's only one round it may jumpstart my losses again. Now is the time to try since I don't have any other races planned until the fall and I can focus on diet without risking training. I'll look into some pellets today I think.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #788
Major LCF Poster!

201.6 today. Most of the water weight from my weekend has gone down, thankfully.
I ran the 5k race on sunday, and beat my best time by 2 min! When they posted the official times, we were thrilled to see we were right in the middle. I never thought I'd be so happy to be average lol! (That has been my running goal - to be right in the middle of the pack) I couldn't believe it. I hadn't been able to train for a few weeks because my cold had moved into my chest and I even had to walk a few times during the race because I was seeing stars and was really afraid I'd pass out. I was shaking so bad when I stopped, you'd have thought I'd have run a marathon. The race was chocolate themed and had a medal that looked like a chocolate bar, and a giant chocolate buffet at the finish line. Chocolate fountains, huge brownies, chocolate milk .... then we went out for sushi Actually, I only ate a small amount of chocolate since we were going out for lunch right after.

More happy news- my (other) sister had her baby! They already have 3 girls, so were shocked when he turned out to be a boy. I'm so excited for them, he's gorgeous!

After seeing my race pics, I realize I have to rev up my workouts again. So the new plan is:
Mon/Wed/Fri - 30 day shred before breakfast, cardio at the gym at night
Tues/Thurs - TRX class at the gym and min 5k run with sprints
Saturday - long run, adding additional 1 mile each week

It looks like a lot, but not much more than what I've been doing for a while, just more intensive strength training. I feel my best when I do the 30 day shred, but I find all the jumping really hard on my ankles and it affects my running. For now I'll keep it at 3 days a week.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #789
Major LCF Poster!

Well that plan went down the tube almost faster than I came up with it. I've been having problems with extreme fatigue and dizziness. I haven't worked out for most of the last month because I've just not been feeling well. After a bunch of blood tests, my dr is baffled since everything came back fine. Now she wants me tested for cardiac issues since my heart rate goes over 180 when I run (before I even break a sweat). She strongly suggested I don't let my hr get over 160 - running was definitely out of the picture. I should mention she had to do a google search for average heart rate ranges. (yes, she lost a bit of credibility) When I got home, I googled "high heart rate while running" and it appears that max heart rate varies a lot from person to person and most athletes run really high. The important thing is how you feel, and not what the moniter reads. Also, my resting heart rate is low 60s - really good in other words. I'm not worried about heart issues, but I did tweak my nutrition (oatmeal instead of a shake for bfast, more vitamins) and I am feeling much better this week. It may have just been an after effect of the cold/flu I fought for most of the winter, or stress, or a combination of things. I'm still going to have the cardiac tests just for my peace of mind, but I am back to working out and running.

So far I've gone twice this week and felt great. Today, I ran 33 minutes without a single walk break! Even my last race I had to walk a few times. This is the longest stretch I've done so far this year
Old 06-06-2013, 03:04 AM   #790
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Kristyn good for you!!!!! Sometimes we figure out what we need before the doctors do!!! Glad you can get back to your running!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #791
Major LCF Poster!

My kids are done school finally! I'm looking forward to a long summer by the pool Of course, summer is the busy time for our parties so not much time to relax, but I'm happy for a change.

I feel like I'm finally back to normal, better even. I ran 4xs last week - even did a long run on sat (6 miles) and felt so good I did it again on Sun! Two weeks ago I couldn't have walked 3 miles, so I am thrilled. Gotta start gearing up for the Detriot half
Old 06-11-2013, 03:19 AM   #792

Kristyn- glad you are feeling better, the stress of school is a great thing to leave behind, now you can enjoy the kiddos!!!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

I got the best surprise today- a random message from my best girlfriend from high school asking me to run a race with her! I haven't heard from her in probably 10 years, but we've kept in touch on facebook. We were both pretty overweight in high school, gained even more in our 20s and have since lost a lot of weight and gotten into the best health of our lives. I am so excited to see her again
Old 06-12-2013, 03:45 AM   #794

That is awesome! A chance to bond thru your running and weight loss, that is why I love Facebook, it is funny how close you get to people just reading about their lives!!! LOL
Old 06-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #795
Major LCF Poster!

I really don't like facebook because I hate oversharing, but it is a great tool to keep up with people you don't see often. I am really excited about doing this together, plus it's only a few weeks away so I can't stress over it much.

I did a spinning class for the first time today.... I thought I was in good shape but the grammas in this class put me to shame lol. It was 90 minutes (the class description said 60) and it was combined spinning/weight training class. It was nuts, I thought I was dying in the first 5 minutes! BUT I did the whole thing and was a sweaty mess by the end - will definitely add this class to my regular schedule.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #796

WOW 90 minutes of spinning is a lot! I am dying in the 60 minute class but when I was doing that a lot it really slimmed down my legs which I am in desperate need of!!!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #797
Major LCF Poster!

WooHoo for thin legs! That's exactly what I need. You'd think all this running would slim them, but no such luck Thankfully the class wasn't straight up spinning for 90min - we'd do like 10 min on the bike then 10 minutes of squats, lunges, weighted squats, lunges on the stepper....basically your legs didn't get a break unless you were getting on/off the bike! I plan to do that class again on Thursday and boot camp tomorrow. Everyone says they almost puke every time in bootcamp - I'm scared! lol

I had such a busy weekend. Oldest DS's bday was Saturday so we spent the day at my parents house swimming and riding his new bike, then had a bbq for dinner followed by a bonfire for all the kids. Yesterday I went for a long run (7.2 miles) in the middle of the afternoon - because apparently I am crazy stupid. It was HOT! It took me 1hr45min to finish, but I didn't quit. I was never so happy to jump in an ice cold pool lol.
I logged 22 miles last week and now my feet are paying the price. Ouch! I'll back off a bit this week, the last thing I need is an injury to set me back.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

198.6! Technically I hit Onederland (again!) yesterday but I waited an extra day cause I didn't want to jinx it. HCG isn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I am slightly hungry most of the time but as long as the scale moves I can take it! I'm a creature of habit so the limited food options don't bother me - plus I get to eat 2 servings of fruit a day! It feels luxurious

Bootcamp was last night. I don't know if she took it easy on us, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Lots of cardio bursts like burpies & jumping squats. The jumping killed me...yikes! I was still pretty pumped when I got home so went for a run. I'm badass like that

Another busy weekend ahead of me...my future SIL's bridal shower on Sat then planning a big party on Sun (50 adults/25kids). It's a garden tea party for a 1st birthday and the parents went all out. I made pretty tutus & fascinators for the little girls and bowties/fedoras for the boys. I can't wait until I can relax next week!

I finally ordered the running skirt from LuluLemon that I have been coveting for about a year now. Their stuff is sooooo expensive, but the skirt isn't as pricey as their pants and stuff. I'm so excited to get it! Just praying it fits so I can wear it for my Canada Day race!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #799
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
YAY!!!! Way to go on wonderland!!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Melanie!
I'm holding strong, but have only lost .2 for the last 2 days. I'm sure TOM is to blame and anticipate a nice woosh once he leaves. Still feeling pretty comfortable and not starving, plus it hasn't seemed to have any affect on my workouts

I got my new running skirt today. It is soooo cute and the best part? Size 10! I was really worried about it not fitting since that was the biggest size (most of their stuff goes up to 12) but I took a chance since it's stretchy and it fits perfectly! I'm looking forward to a nice long run to try it out

I went to that crazy spinning class again yesterday and I'm happy to say it was at least as good as the first time. The instructor is so energetic and encouraging and she changes things up so much that I don't think we did any of the same exercises at all.

So now I'm gearing up for this weekend. I think I will have a small cheat meal at the shower on Saturday then go for my long run to minimize the effect. I'm working on getting the finishing touches done for Sunday's Tea Party. So much to do still
Old 06-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #801
Major LCF Poster!

196.4 Down a bit again today
I am soooo happy this weekend is over! My SIL's shower went well but I wasn't able to eat on plan and had a few sandwich squares for lunch/dinner - skipped on the cake and candy though! My tea party went really well but it was incredibly hot and humid... just really exhausting. I only ate one meal yesterday partly because I was too busy, but mostly I just wasn't hungry.
Today's plan is to veg at the pool and go for a run if it cools off enough later.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #802
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Sounds like a good weekend under the circumstances!!!! ,

How exciting on the skirt and it being a 10!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #803
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lunchlady615
was just wondering if you have a facebook page..congrats on your achievement
lunchlady615 is offline   Reply With Quote