Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
WOE: Atkins
Thanks Nikki You will!

Yeah Amber, that's what I was thinking about the gym. All the newbies that sit around and take 15 minute breaks - on the machines! God, I hope they lose incentive or move their butts! The gym has slowed down at night since the kids have school again.

My mouth is still a mess There are stitches keeping my cheek and gum attached, so it hurts if I get any food near the sides of my mouth. I had to forgo sf foods too - they wreaked havoc on my tummy. I made an amazing meat loaf last night with portabella mushrooms instead of breadcrumbs - it was really moist. But then I tried to have it for lunch today, and now it's so tough I can't eat it {insert big fat pouty face here} On the bright side, my freezer is stocked full of lc meatloaf for when I CAN eat it. I made some jello fluff (the fat fast cream cheese/jello mix) for today, maybe tomorrow will be better.

Tomorrow will be a 12-13 mile run. The weather will be warm just until the weekend, so it will be a great day to practice going the full distance! OMG, I'm so excited for the race!

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

My stitches finally dissolved/fell out and I can chew! Yay!

I had a great weekend, not very productive, but nice anyway. DH found out on Fri he finally "officially" got his promotion. He's been working the job for 6 months but since he was technically in training he didn't get the raise to go with it. Of the 5 people they trained, only 3 actually got the job so yay for him! We went out for dinner then saw Les Meserables. It was good, but we didn't feel it lived up to all the hype.

The weather was really mild on Sat so I went for a trial half marathon run. It worked out to be 13.4 miles (.3 MORE than the race!) I finished in 2:52, so time was okay. We have 3.5 hrs to finish the race - at least now I know I can do it without being picked up by the van of shame (pace van lol). I'm not sure how I feel about it....Obviously I'm proud and it's a huge achievement to run/walk so many miles but I was a little disappointed with my pace and it was HARD! My last long run was only 2 miles less and it was not nearly as bad. This time my shoes gave me blisters - like 3-4 on each foot I don't think I concentrated on my stride enough and just got sloppy. I'm still sore everywhere.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:59 AM   #753
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hun geez that is awesome on the running, you will do it you still have a few weeks to train!! How many people even attempt to run something like that? You have much to be proud of!! You think of me during that run, I will be there cheering you on---a little voice in your head saying you can do it, you are the running queen!!!!!! Glad the mouth is getting better, and yeah on hubby's raise!!!!! Sounds like the year is going well!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
13.4 miles!!!!! WTG Kristyn!!!

Is that fat bomb pudding good? What's in it?
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 AM   #755

I need that jello whip recipe again, I remember that was good and fatty! Dude I did it I got up early to spend more time in the gym, ughgh it was rough getting there but its like wlaking you have to take that first step so now to just keep getting my tired butt up! Since I usually fall asleep at 8:00 I guess I can manage 4:45 wake up!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #756
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea Amber I am thinking of making some fat bombs today. But I do want to know what is in the fat bomb pudding you make Kristyn. I am cooking up some stuff so I am prepared for my meals.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Jello whip: (from carbsmart website)
◾1 small package sugar free Jell-O (any flavor)
◾1/2 cup boiling water
◾4 ice cubes
◾8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature and cut into cubes
◾4 tablespoons heavy or whipping cream

Dissolve the Jell-O completely in the boiling water, then add the ice cubes to cool it down and to thicken it.

When the ice cubes are melted, pour the gelatin mixture in the blender and add the cutup cream cheese. Whirl it around until the ingredients are completely blended. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl.

Whip the four ounces of cream, then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.

Divide the mixture into 5 equal portions, cover each with plastic wrap, and put them in the refrigerator to chill.

I've been making it with 1/2 and half instead of whipping cream and I don't bother to whip it first.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

I was going through old xmas pics and found this one of me at my heaviest:

And most recent:

I went to the gym last night and did 45 min on the elliptical. I planned on using the weight circuit but it was packed again. Stupid people with their new years resolutions! Seriously, it's mostly groups of young teens swarming around. It's annoying.
DH is considering doing a mud run with me in May. I told him it could be our anniversary date...he said only if we can get a room after lol. It's untimed and being marketed for "all ages and fitness levels" so it should be pretty low-key.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great progress Kristyn!!! KUTGW

I must try that recipe.. How many carbs are in it?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:29 AM   #760

You look great hun!!!!! Yeah I am anxious about the mud run cause it is women only and not timed so no pressure I just want to do every obstacle and finally say I did it!!1 Started with the trainer that is a running coach as well, OMG you know I never do the treadmill, cripes I jog better than I walk on it, LOL I gotta work on that!!!! My trainer is doing a 100K marathon, she is a freaking nut!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #761
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry Ceecee, I thought I replied a while ago. My carb count was 1.9 and 218 calories.

Amber, I can't wait to do a mud run! Yeah, I can't do the treadmill either. Not sure why buy I always end up with sore feet even though it's supposed to be easier than road running cause it's softer. 100k!!!

I have had the craziest week. My van broke down on Mon - too expensive to fix so we've been shopping around all week for a new one. My head is spinning from all the research, messing around with dealers, not to mention only having one vehicle. Finally decided on one today, will see the bank on Tues and pick it up by wed! At first I was really upset since it's not an expense we had planned on for a while, BUT...now I'm super pumped about driving a nice vehicle! It's loaded - even has a starter & heated seats
I only made it to the gym twice this week, then fit in a 7 mile run this morning between appointments. I still can't believe I can run 7 miles and not die!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 AM   #762

Yeah for a new fancy ride even if not planned you need it with those kiddos and all the cold there I cannot live without heated seats and remote start! I go through so much gas cause of letting the car run, I heat it up at work before I leave, in the morning, LOL!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 AM   #763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YAY for they new van and loaded ...no for the note.

Have a great day Kristyn
Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Grrrrr. Couldn't pick up my van last night. The bank is dragging their heels and trying to get us to lump everything together at a higher rate THEN when I asked for a regular secured-car-loan...they said they don't offer secured loans! (Which is BULL cause their website even has a secured-car-loan calculator!)
SO we'll probably have to go through the dealership for financing which is what we would have done anyway if the bank hadn't promised us a better rate I guess on a good note I am saving a few days insurance & gas lol.
I'm so stressed over this stupid car thing, it's driving me crazy! It wouldn't be so bad if the dealership hadn't brought it in specially for me, and has already transferred the plates and everything. Now I'm so afraid it won't work out I'm constantly on the verge of a panic attack. Please keep your fingers crossed that it will work out
Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It will work out. Sorry you are being put through all this. It will get better.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Cass. I'm STILL waiting on the bank to call, said they'd call last night or first thing today. I don't want to apply at the dealership until we make a final decision with the bank. Sorry for being so whiney. We were in really bad shape financially for a long time, and we're finally in a really good position. All this drama with the van loan etc is sending me back to that time emotionally even though I know it's not the same thing. KWIM?
Still everything will work out for the best.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

WE GOT THE VAN!!
We ended up going through the dealership - less than half the interest rate the bank wanted to charge and the payments are much less than we expected. What a relief!!! We can pick it up tomorrow, I'm so excited!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:11 AM   #768

Yeah, now look at all that grey hair you created worrying, LOL!!! I am a worrier too, like I feel like with this house we are finally going to have settlement and they are going say sorry no loan or something, LOL

You will have to post a pic of the new van!!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #769
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!! I am so happy it all worked out for the best. And lower payments and interest. Major plus!!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #770
Major LCF Poster!

OMG I'm soooo anxious about this race....we leave a week from tomorrow and the race is on the sunday so 10 days I alternate between complete panic and major guilt for doing something so selfish, and overwhelming pride that I am brave enough to do it. I'm going to be a complete basket case the day of the race...lol. It doesn't help that I'm tapering my training to almost nothing (which is what you're supposed to do in the weeks before a race) and our last trial run didn't go very well.

Onto a good note....My hubby is the most thoughtful man. He got me a fancy Garmin watch for V-Day! He doesn't usually get me anything, then shocks me out of the blue. I almost cried!! I wanted to be mad he spent so much money, but I like it too much. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd prefer a running watch to jewellery. Or chocolate. Or flowers. Okay, a few years ago I probably would have preferred nothing at all He bought it online so I should get it before I leave for my race....but not sure I will know how to use it by then. It even has a heart rate monitor! I am so grateful to have such a wonderful supportive man in my life.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #771

Oh hun what a great gift, you earned that Garmin!!! That shows how much he loves and supports you!!! I cant wait to hear about the race you are going to do great!!!!!! ANd you deserve it, you take care of all those kiddos, and this is for you!! Do not feel you do not deserve it cause you do!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YAY for the Garmin watch. I want a Polar one myself. Hubby got brownie points.

Can't wait to hear about the race.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

I did it!!!!! OMG it was so much fun! Our time was 3:20:02 - horrible! - almost 30 min longer than my practice run but not bad considering the conditions we ran in. Since this was our first race we were placed in a slow corral, and planned to use the first mile or two to pass as many people as possible to get into the correct pace group. There were so many people it was impossible to keep up a decent pace, then we lost 10+ min waiting in line for a porta potty and got stuck in an even slower group. I can't even begin to describe how hard it is to run while weaving through and around a crowd of walkers. By mile 10 I was ready to give up. The stop-and-go and trying to pass people on the shoulder killed my ankles, my feet were covered in blisters and my thighs were raw from chafing (from the expo the day before - go figure). I was so disappointed in myself- I trained for months then was about to give up because of injuries I got AT THE EXPO!!!! I pushed through and crossed the finish line hand in hand with my sister & SIL. And I got my bling lol. Naturally I didn't take it off for the rest of the trip
Old 03-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YAY KRISTYN!!!!!!!!! WTG you should be so proud. I am glad you kept on trucking through it all. My shero!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Cass
Oh, I forgot to tell you all who I met at the race expo promoting her new show- Ali from BL (season 5 winner I think???) OMG she was so sweet and looked amazing. I took a pic with her and she gave me a signed pic and a pink wristband.

Just before passing through the castle: (See the crowd behind us? That's the herd of walkers we were trying to muscle our way through)

With Jasmine before the start:

Finished!

Our cheering squad:
Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice pictures Kristyn!!! WTG. I am so proud of you. And you look super duper cute in your pink
Old 03-07-2013, 03:19 AM   #777

Aww Hun I am so proud of you!!! You did it, time and all that doesnt matter, you finished that race and that is a moment you will never forget!!! Love the pics!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! Never forget how far you have come!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

I've been slacking lately. With my diet, the gym....even fell off the running wagon this week thanks to an icky stomach bug that made its rounds in my house.
I think the running has messed me up. I keep reading about how you need carbs to run and I think I overdid it...which led to cravings which led to more carbs etc. It's a hard balance because I definitely need to eat to fuel my long runs - but I'm confused about the whole carbs vs fat thing. I guess I just have to experiment for a while - maybe oatmeal before a run and an energy gel (pure sugar) while on a long run? Aggghh. It's so confusing!
BUT I am determined to lose this weight once and for all.
I registered for a fun mother's day race that's chocolate themed (I know, chocolate is the LAST thing I need lol) and you get a Coach purse and medal just for finishing. I also registered for the Detroit Free Press half marathon in October. It starts in Detroit then crosses the bridge into Canada then back to Detroit through the tunnel. I'm afraid of both the bridge and tunnel so that's my modivation to keep moving!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:02 AM   #779

Hun I would run for a coach purse are you kidding me!!!! Get that booty out there! WOW running to Detroit that is scary in itself!!!! I hate that city! Everytime I am there it was never good, layovers etc!
I hear ya hun this is a constant struggle!!! But we can do it!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

Another good day: 1500 cal/ 20 net carbs. Finally made it back to the gym too 1/2 hr elliptical and 45min on the bike. I wanted to do weights, but it was too busy Thought about doing them at home but decided to clean the house instead lol.
I started looking into the hcg diet - I swore a while back I'd never do it but I'm getting desperate and it seems like such an easy fix.