Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey hun, I had to refind my inner badger I think you did too! We gotta do this girl! We can we have it in us! Now we must just do it!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #692
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Thanks Amber

I'm really considering joining the gym. I think the hour a day away from the house (ALONE!!!) would be good for me. That was my favorite part of running, but I can't seem to get my heart into it again. I think I'm just in a funk...fight hard, don't lose so I give up, gain a few....start fighting and the cycle begins again.

I didn't get a run in after all, but I did the full 65 min Bob workout. It's been a while...thought I was going to die lol. Funny though, I was expecting to be sore today and I'm not at all.

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #693
Major LCF Poster!

Had kind of a crappy day today. Wanted to go for a run, had to wait for dh to get home from work...he was late and by the time I could go it was cold and rainy and I was pretty peed off. Decided on the gym membership, went for a tour but wasn't impressed. I had a membership about 10 years ago and the place hasn't changed much since. What do they do with all those monthly dues? The girl who gave me the tour wasn't very helpful or friendly but I think she may have been a student so I won't judge the whole place by her. She did give me a couple day passes, so I think I'll try going during the day when someone more experienced is there.

On a side note, my mom booked our Disney vacation (the condo is through their timeshare) around the marathon dates in case I still want to do it. Ugh, I want to...but I don't want the whole trip to be about me and a stupid race. And maybe I'm a bit chicken. If I do the gym thing, I get a free fitness test and personal training session - I could have them set me up with a training plan.

I just need to MOVE THIS WEIGHT!!!! I ate some sf ice cream last night and am up almost 5lbs today I ate too much, but it was still within my daily limits. Today was 100% clean eating - 1000 calories, 11 net carbs. Ugh, I am just so tired of losing and gaining the same 10 lbs.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:15 AM   #694

Hun I know I lost the running mojo!!!!! Now at these bootcamps we run the first 30 minutes, and I am heaving, suicide sprints, longer distances, Indian runs, I am so out of shape in that dept it has been months since the surgery! You have to decide what is good for you, frankly with all the kids I think you would enjoy the time away at the gym, my gym is nasty but it gets the job done and it is the closest one to home, so that is why I picked it. Making up a new routine, and maybe asking someone there to weigh you in would give you some accountability. I am loving my new trainer and that he weighs me! You can do it, I know what you mean, I was in onederland and gained 30 freaking pounds! It is horrible I need to get there and move some virgin weight! But what is our option? Stay stuck on the wheel? We came too far so we just need to reign it in!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

Today was the big thanksgiving dinner - yum! Of course I went overboard on stuffing & crescent rolls, but I didn't eat all day, and went for a run before we left, hopefully it will all balance out. I'm going to use one of my gym passes tomorrow morning. DH leaves for work at 6, so I'll plan to get there for 5. That gives me one hour (50 min including 5min travel each way). Then school with the kiddos, a consultation with the oral surgeon for my wisdom teeth followed by shopping for dd's bday party AND a filling with my regular dentist Ugh I'm already tired! lol

Yes Amber, I think my biggest reason for the gym is to get away. I'm being proactive because once the cold hits I'm not gonna want to run outside.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #696
Major LCF Poster!

Phew! Glad this day is over lol. I missed my gym time this morning -didn't fall asleep until 4am, alarm went off at 4:40 - then hit snooze too many times Appt with the oral surgeon went okay, just the consultation was $$$, the surgery will be close to a grand, even after insurance. Got my fillings done at 5pm and my mouth is still too frozen to eat anything solid. Dinner was a protein shake. On the bright side, I went to the gym after the kids went to bed. I did 45 min walk/run on the treadmill - pretty sure I could make do with the treadmill if I had to (in the ice & snow) but really prefer road running.

Tomorrow is DD's 5th bday I can't believe how big she is! I bought her a lemon cake for tomorrow (mostly because I won't be as tempted to eat it). The test will be on the weekend when I make her "big" cake for her Minnie Mouse party.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:42 AM   #697

Sorry about the dental bill that sucks!!!! Dentists must be loaded!!! I swear everything is so expensive! Happy B-day to little one!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

I did it! I joined the gym!! I went for a 2.5 mile run this afternoon then hit the gym with my SIL and did another 20 min on the treadmill, 20 min on the bike and about 1/2 hr of weight training. The girl who signed me up was really nice, and a running coach - I said I'll have to pick her brain soon I have an appt on Mon for a fitness assessment and he will set me up with a program to move this weight once and for all. I'm excited about the whole thing, I just don't want the excitement to fade. I am pumped about the classes too - they have zumba almost every day!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #699
Major LCF Poster!

OMG I am so sore today! I think this will be my rest day since I don't feel like I can move anyhow lol. DD's bday party is today - minnie mouse...I made mouse ears for all the kids, little mouse ears on a stick (oreos), licorice bows, and of course a minnie cake. Now I just have to keep myself from eating it. I'm already back up to 196 today just from making the dang thing - licking my fingers is a hard habit to break. Oh, and it's dinner at mom's tonight - spagetti & garlic bread So much for a decent 1st weigh in at the gym tomorrow. Oh well, I'll look like I lost twice as much at the next one
Old 10-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

The fitness consult went okay. He said my menu looked good, max VO2 was in the "good" range, flexibility was good and strength was good, though I failed miserably at push ups. I just didn't have the core strength to do them with proper form. Oh, and he said I should lose about 50 lbs to improve my running As if I hadn't figured that out already lol. Anyway, I have an appt with a trainer next week for a trial training session. Hopefully she can set me up with a decent program.
MIL comes for a visit tomorrow, and she's staying with us. I enjoy seeing her, but her visits always stress me out. She is a big gossip and very judgemental - so she makes a mental list of everything she can critisise then tells everyone she knows about it. She tells me so much about how wrong everyone else is that I wonder what she says about me, ya know?

Got a good workout in today, about 1 hr of cardio, 1 hour strength. I'm trying to get there every night this week, so far I'm 1 for 1 lol.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:34 AM   #701

Hun that is awesome!!! You will love going and mentally I think you will welcome the break!!!!!! You will get to do pushups it all comes in time!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:40 AM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Good job on the workouts! Keep up the good work!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #703
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks ladies
We picked up MIL last night at the airport, went out for pizza then hit the gym to work it off. I really don't like treadmills lol. It's wierd, when I run outside, I do an avg 5mph (including walking intervals) but on the treadmill, I feel like 5 is much too fast. Shouldn't it be the opposite??? According to the treadmill I used last night it took me 53 min to run 5k. I KNOW that's not right. Maybe it had something to do with the incline? I guess I'll ask the trainer when I see her on Mon.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #704

I hate the treadmill and I agree the 5.0 seems fast I think the difference is we vary our pace outside and dont know what it is, but the treadmill is constant! At 5.0 it should take less than 53 minutes, so check the incline or something,
Old 10-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey girl, I decided to give running a go. I'm starting the couch to 5K. What kind of running shoes would you suggest?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #706
Major LCF Poster!

Nikki, I'm so excited for you! You're gonna love it! As for shoes, I think it depends on the person. The brand isn't as important as fit. I have these addidas trail shoes that I really like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thCAPVUECU.jpg (11.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

I tried the torture device, oops I mean treadmill again last night and it was horrible! The second I tried to run, I had such bad foot pain I had to stop. I forced through another 10 min walking only because I didn't want anyone else to see I was injured. Then I moved to the bike and was fine. I still got cardio in, but I'm in dire need a good run! I iced my feet and stretched for about half hour last night while we watched Grays. So far so good today, may try a good outdoor run tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #708
Major LCF Poster!

Lots to update...
I signed up for the marathon!! EEEEEKKKK!!!!

Went for my first long run on Sat. Thought I did really crappy since I walked at least half, (didn't have time to eat lunch pre-run and was running on empty) but did 4.6 miles in 1:03. That's 14 min/miles - 2 min/mile faster than I need to be. I'll take it! Especially since this is only week 2 of official training lol.

Had an appt with the trainer today. I stressed about it for the last week, got there and introduced myself and.....I wasn't in her book. Turns out the guy who scheduled it forgot to put it in the system. I was pretty ticked. Turns out anger makes for a decent workout though lol. Every time he walked by me and apologized I'd up my resistance and push harder to control my rage So now I have an appt on Wed. Hope they don't forget me this time.

Food hasn't been great the last week - MIL is still visiting and we've been eating out...pizza, pub food, lots of wine lol. Weight is hovering around 195-199.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When is the marathon? I'm so excited for you!!
Old 10-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #710
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Nikki, I'm excited too It's Feb 24th in Disney.

Met with the trainer today, (I was actually in the system this time lol) she definately pushed me. She had me doing circuit training with running up & down the stairs and jumping jacks between sets. It was really fun, but a trainer just isn't in the budget. She seemed impressed with my fitness level so that was good.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #711
Major LCF Poster!

MIL has officially left. the. building. lol We had a nice visit, but I'm happy to have my house back.
Got some AMAZING news when we got home from dropping her off at the airport- my brother finally proposed!!! Now, the girl we've been wishing was our sister actually will be!! The wedding will be this summer, I am so freaking excited!

Oh, and to top off my day, runDisney announced the finisher medal and.....it's PIIINNNKKK!!!!! It was totally meant to be mine lol.

Hit the gym again tonight for a run. At first I didn't think I had it in me to do anything, then one of the tvs caught my attention. It showed an interview with a runner who ran 300+ miles of races with his daughter - who had down syndrome. I'm running the Disney race in my cousin's name who was also born with downs and is fighting leukemia for the 2nd time. Just hearing this guy talk about his love for his daughter ignited a spark in me and I was running 6.0 easily. 5.0 has been a stretch, so 6.0 is awesome for me.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #712
Major LCF Poster!

Yay it's November!!! I've had so much going on the past few weeks, all of Oct actually that I've been counting down the days to Nov 1st. I'm so happy halloween is over, we took the kids trick or treating and they even braved a haunted house. There was an evil clown summoning kids from the street to go in, and a group of big kids were huddled too scared to go in so our little guys showed them how it's done lol. I definately ate too many mini choc bars last night, and had a piece of pizza to boot, so chugging away today. I've been adding in more carbs lately, I think it's helping keep me from bloating as badly when I do have a bit more than usual. The scale was up only .5 lb instead of my usual 4-5.
I'm still going to the gym daily and LOVING the break from home. I'd really like to make it to some classes but the timing hasn't worked out yet. I'm sticking to about 1hr of cardio and 1/2 hr of weight training every day. My weight hasn't changed, but I am seeing more muscle difinition so that's good
Old 11-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #713

Hun I am so proud of you!!! You are going to kill that marathon and i think the gym break is good for your mental well being, like my trainer would have me doing the burpees and stuff in between I felt so weird but when she was there I would do it but not on my own, LOL The new trainer likes that stuff too! I am looking at needing another knee surgery I think, if I dont soon get an MRI Tony says he is dragging me there, I cant fathom another one but something is royally messed up! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #714
Major LCF Poster!

Awww thanks Amber. Sometimes I think I'm just writing to myself (well, I guess I am but input is nice too lol). Yeah, I feel too silly to do the step ups & jumping jacks between sets too. I do cardio before & after my weight routine instead. Another surgery? Dang girl, you can't catch a break

I'm trying to psych myself up for my long run today - 5.5 miles, and they only get longer. What was I thinking signing up for a race when I'd have to do all my training in the dead of winter???? At least the sun is shining today...
Old 11-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

5.5 miles done! It took 1:19 pace was 13.5 min/mile and that was with a cold, TOM and a severe toothache lol. The only thing keeping me going at times was a pair of T3s waiting for me at the end. Not sure if it's the pain killers but I wasn't even tired at the end. Woot woot!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #716
Major LCF Poster!

193.2 Going down!
I've been at the gym daily for about a month now, and finally seeing some results. Only 5lbs to VWL!

I'm running a 4k Santa Run next weekend with my Dad - everyone dresses in Santa suits! I'm so excited My 3yo is going to flip out - Santa is his HERO! Seriously, he worships him year round lol. I ran a trial today and finished in 29 min. 12 min/mile - Not bad at all considering I walked a bit. I'm hoping to be able to run the whole thing without walking, but I'll try not to be too disappointed if I do have to walk a bit.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Hit 192 again today Mom took me shopping for my bday (next week) and I went nuts! I didn't really need anything since size-wise I haven't changed much in the last year. I hit some crazy sales only spent $100 and got 7 shirts, 2 sweater dresses, leggings and skinny jeans. And yes, I intend to rock those jeans lol. Then pigged out on soup salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden - I did over 1 hr elliptical this am in anticipation Even had a slice of choc cake. yum!

I'm getting antsy about the santa run this weekend. It's going to be really cold, and I'm getting really anxious about running with all those people. Eeeek! I'll be glad when it's over.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #718
Major LCF Poster!

Santa run tomorrow! Eeeek I'm so scared! Temps really dropped today and it's been snowing tonight. I can't believe I actually signed up for a race. There will be sooo many spectators since it's just before the Santa parade and on the same route. I think I'm having a panic attack just thinking about it lol. Thank goodness it's only 4k. I think the marathon will be easier since I won't know anyone. I'm really trying to psyche myself up tonight - found an awesome quote: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do" (Eleanor Roosevelt) It's pretty fitting. So I'm spending my night making a xmas playlist that will keep me distracted and pumped up.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:03 AM   #719

Hun sorry I have not been checking in, I cant wait to hear about the run! I know when I did my one and only race it was scary but when I got there, everyone was so nice and if you have to walk so what, it is going to be a fun and exciting day!! I want to see pics!!!!
Good for you exercising, and getting to the gym! Its funny the harder I exercise the less I lose but the more I look smaller, my aunt said to me on Thursday what are you wieghing now like 150 I was like yeah right, she thought I looked so thin, and I am still up 20 pounds from my darn lowest, it is crazy!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #720
Major LCF Poster!

OMG it was a blast!!! I was sick all day I was so afraid of it, but I was fine once we got there. There was about 500 people, but it didn't look like that many until we got out on the road. We ended up at the end of the pack so it was slow starting, but we got to pass people left and right. Every time I passed someone it was like, I'm not slower than YOU! lol

There was one point where we got to the top of a hill, and all you could see was santas. My dad, sister & SIL did it with me, and we all stayed together the whole time. Until the last turn when we sprinted - I won by 2 seconds Our time? 26 min! I shaved 2 min off my best time!! I placed #247 - so about avg. The best part was my hubby and mom and all the kids were sitting on a curb waiting to cheer us on. I got kinda teary when I saw them My dad's back has been really bad this week, but he pushed through and got 4th in his age group. My sister has suffered from severe asthma her whole life - it's quite an accomplishment for her to run at all. I can't describe how proud I was to run with them.