Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
mama hun, how are you? You were having that warm weather up North too? Lets get ready for the new challenge!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Yay! Amber's back! I was getting lonely lol.
Yeah, it was in the upper 80's last week, and back down to freezing today
mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #483

I made the new badger challenge!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Kristyn!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cass!

Thanks for starting the new challenge Amber

So today was a rather exciting day here- my sister had her baby! (Not the sis I run with, the other one lol) He's gorgeous, as all babies are We spent the morning at the hospital, then picked up pizza for all the kids on the way home. I had a few pieces, but am right back on the wagon.

I went for a nice run by the lake last night. I'm still ticked with how little I'm doing compared to last summer, but I'm shortening the walking each time I go out so I know my edurance is improving.

We're throwing a retro ice cream party on Sat for my SIL's bday. I'm so excited- we even made poodle skirts, bowties and soda jerk hats for the kids! I'm trying to psyche myself up to deal with all the temptation lol. I may just bring sf ice cream so I don't feel left out lol.

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

The ice cream party was another huge success. The kids adored the sundae bar, and were quite happy to wear their "costumes" and pose for pictures.

I've been really struggling with my morale lately. I can't seem to lose, then end up binging because I think, well all my hard work isn't paying off may as well stop depriving myself. I'm miserable, my new clothes don't fit and I'm uncomfortably bloated 90% of the time. It's really getting to me mentally and I'm slowly gaining on the scale. And so, as of today I am re-committing myself to LC drinking my water and working out.

I started the fat fast today to try to jump start some loss and get back to the 180s and downward. So far, I'm feeling pretty hungry and am missing regular food. It was a small torture cooking oven fried chicken for my family and eating just two deviled eggs instead. I will commit to at least 3 more days because I know mentally I need this to get back into it. I will be happy to eat green veggies and salads again. I am a little leary of running on this little calories so I may have to stick to walks until the fast is over.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #487

Oh hun, I know you have been struggling lately, but you need to find your mojo, I did the fat fast and there is no way in hell you can run or you will pass out!!! Best to do nothing these days and just get by on the 1000 calories, I will say that by day 3 it gets better and you lose all cravings and no hunger, but I did the fat fast lost 9 pounds and it all came back on the following week when I resumed regular low carb, that was in my old journal before you I think? But maybe you just need to see the number drop to feel better about things!!! You can do this, get back to your plan the weather is warming up you can walk and start running again, I know you want to meet your goals and you can do this! Use the badger thread post there and say you need help staying on track we will all help you!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

I found time to run today before dh left for work (yup, he's on the dreaded afternoon shift again ). Anyway, I felt fine and thought I'd do the long route and walk most of it. Turns out I was able to run about half! It was really wierd - I thought there was no way the 2 eggs I had for bfast would be enough to fuel me, but I felt fantastic! I didn't experience any of the muscle fatigue that has been slowing me down lately. I guess this was the proof I needed that LC is exactly what my body needs. I even feel better mentally, like not irritable like I have been lately- And I'm PMSing so that's huge

Thanks for the support Amber! It means so much Sometimes it feels like the posts go so fast on the badger thread that some of us are lost in the shuffle.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Now that you mention it, I think I remember you doing the fat fast. Did you ease back into reg. low carb, or go back to what you were doing before the ff? I'll have to go back & look. I think I'll be so happy to be able to eat veggies again that it will seem heavenly to add a few carbs/ more protein. Man, I miss meat! lol And the serving sizes are almost nothing. It's not that I'm starving, but it's hard mentally to get over the fact that I only get to eat a few bites every few hours. Especially when I have to make actual meals for the rest of my family. Only two more days to go....189 is within tomorrow's reach Onward and downward!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Fat Fast is over! I started at 198.6 on Sunday am and weighed in at 190.0 today To be fair, I was up a lot from going off plan last Sat at our ice cream party. True loss was probably closer to 5-6lbs but I'll take it! Especially since I usually bloat like crazy for a week before TOM and I haven't even though it's due any day. OMG, the looks I got when I went out for bfast and only ordered a side of bacon
I'm easing back into regular eating, keeping my fat % high, but adding in more protein and one salad. I'm soooo pumped to go out for fish & salad later. I've been missing veggies So far, I'm not tempted at all by all the Easter goodies hanging around. I even made chocolates with the kids & still wasn't tempted!

I WILL hit the 180s this week and stay there! Well, until I hit the 70s that is We're going on a road trip to Edmonton to visit my inlaws in June and I'm determined to be skinnier than the last time they saw me. MIL saw me in Sept and was impressed by how good I looked, but no-one else has seen me since I lost any weight. I want them falling over from shock. LOL I've been looking at bikinis online, trying to decide if I'd ever have the nerve to buy/wear one. I want to so badly, but I wonder if I will ever be confident enough to wear one without a full-coverage cover-up.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #491

Happy Easter hun!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Ohh I found your journal! Lots to read, but woo hoo look at you! In the 180's and staying there!

Man you're a super star making chocolate and not eating it. I can't really cook stuff like that as there is a lot of 'tasting' that goes on in my cooking whoops!

Hope you had a nice eater with the family
tiggy_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Tiggy Thanks for stopping by!
Nah, superstar I am not. It was just cheap melting wafers lol Now Haagen Daas would be a different story!

Easter was nice- we had a huge brunch with my family and I pigged out on ham & fresh strawberries & whipped cream. I resisted candy until today and I ate a handful of mini eggs. I wish I could say they tasted like crap but I'd be lying Thankfully they're gone now.

There have been increasing cougar sightings in my area. There haven't been any attacks but I'm not taking any chances running alone for a while. It's just so odd. Brian's still on afternoons this week so timing isn't really working out anyway. I did get in 1hr yoga yesterday and broke out wii dance party today. I swear I don't sweat as much running as I do doing that darn dancing. lol

I'm still at 193 on the scale today. I know it's a combo of residual sodium overload and TOM gain. I hate how bloated & hard my stomach gets just before TOM Hopefully it will be gone with a nice woosh soon.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blah TOM bloat! The easter sounds lovely! Mmmmm ham and strawberries.

I hear ya on the dance party thing really being a workout. When I do mine on kinect its a killer, but fun. As long as I am alone because I am sure I look like a total tool.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #495

I see the Canadian girls found each other now!!! If I could buy and take a pic in a bikini you can too you are way younger!!! Even if I never wear it out at least I did it there is something satisfying in that, now hopefully that fat fast will stick for you and you can get back to virgin weight loss!

Tig-mama is the one who got me running on the C25K last year
Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Younger yes, but I'm lacking your beautiful new tummy!

I am super sore from my last few days of working out. It's kinda weird that running doesn't make me sore anymore, but one yoga workout and I can barely walk lol. Today's exercise was a 30 min workout dvd with 10lb hand weights. Still no run today Cougar or not, I can't have any excuses tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't imagine a cougar down in windsor. That just strikes me as VERY strange! Be careful. Perhaps go to the track again? I'd say just run faster, but I have a feeling the cougar can run faster than you!

Its funny how when we add a new set of muscles to a workout they are sore sore sore. You are just used to running and working those muscles, whereas yoga uses a whole different set. Enjoy!

And woo for being the initial motivator that got amber into exercise!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Amber was the workout queen well before I met her, I just encouraged her to try running too. Amber, you will always be my motivation to work out!

It's so funny about the cougar. The windsor paper even started an interactive map on their site to log all the sightings. I think the general opinion is it was probably someone's (illegal) pet that got loose. Either way, I wouldn`t want to meet it on my own!

I went for a nice long walk/run yesterday. I'm pretty sure I walked more than I ran, but I still beat my best time? I guess my pace has quickened.

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhh a pet escape makes a lot of sense! Man there are some stupid people out there.

Woo hoo on beating your time even with the walking! Just don't go turning into one of those wierd speed walkers . Thats such a strange sport!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Speed walking

No workout today - unless hauling laundry up & down stairs counts. I gave in to a craving last night and ate a bowl of cookie dough ice cream - I wanted to throw up as soon as I ate it. My stomache has been upset all day. That'll teach me!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #501
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KariT13
Stats: 294/202/170
WOE: HCG then Low Carb
I'm pretty excited this thread is still going...I started reading the first few pages of your thread, skipped a bunch bc I didn't have time..and eagerly waited to see if you guys were still posting. yay! You are!

I just started getting back into jogging and it feels really good. I used to be a big "runner" and most days would run 4-5 miles!!!! I don't necessarily want to get that far quite yet, just to be able to run a good 3 miles. Right now I'm running pretty slow and working on my endurance.

Are you still running Kristyn? I've really enjoyed reading about your journey! : )
KariT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kari Thanks for stopping by!
Wow, 5-6 miles! Did you run every day? Couch 2 5k is a great program to build endurance. If I could do it, anyone can!
I'm still running usually 3 days a week. I lost some of my endurance over the fall/winter but I'm back to outdoor running and working my way up to 10k again.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #503

Yes mama inspired me to try the Couch to 5K, I think that was last May or June I started it. Jan 2011 was when I joined the gym, and sarted getting all crazy, LOL Kari I will need a lot of inspiration to get running again after my surgery, so it will be great if you hang around!!!
One thing a cougar will keep you stepping, LOL
Old 04-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KariT13
Stats: 294/202/170
WOE: HCG then Low Carb
Mama, Yes, I pretty much ran every day or 6 days a week. That was before working full time, a husband and kids though. <wink wink> I did 35 minutes tonight and 3 miles. It felt good...I know I'm slow, but it just felt GOOD to be down there (down stairs, we have a treadmill and elliptical). I work out when my daughter (18 months) is sleeping, so 8pm.

Hi bejewel...I'll have to check out C2K. I've heard of it before, and it would be nice to have some structure to my endurance training. When do you have surgery? Do you mind sharing what type of procedure you're having?
KariT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

It sounds like you're well on your way Kari! WTG!

I really need to work on planning for the unexpected in terms of food. Point in case: We did my neice's bday party yesterday. I went over in the morning to help set up and figured I'd be back home in time for a late lunch. I even figured I'd have time for a run & shower. Wrong. It took way longer than I expected and I was there all day, going home only to pick up the kids for the party. I had a sausage & a few bites of cheese for a late lunch, and by the time dinner came I was starving and all sensibility/willpower was lost. Had I been just regularly hungry, I would have been satisfied with a chicken breast or two and a few pieces of cheese & grapes. Instead, (in addition to my safe foods) I munched all night on chips, cookies and followed up with a piece of cake. It could have been much worse, but still a fail. I always have a hard time when I'm a guest and the only safe food choice is meat - obviously there's only so much to go around and it would be rude to eat more than your share. Anyway, the scale was up today but not as much as I was afraid it would be and I'm back at it full force today.

We were supposed to run tonight, but between schedules and bad weather we rescheduled for tomorrow. I did get in 1hr yoga today and managed to get my legs up for the shoulder stand Woohoo! lol
Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

So today I was feeling brave and took measurements for the first time since Nov. (I was about 6lbs less than I am now) Guess what? Most were the same, and some were even smaller! So I have been building muscle, even in the scale hasn`t moved. I`m so glad to see that my hard work is paying off. When I was done I took the measuring tape and curled it into a circle the exact size of my waist and was shocked at how small it is! I repeated with all my measurements just for a visual. The one that suprised me the most was my thighs - I had to measure a few times just to be sure it was really that small. I guess I still see myself through fat eyes.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

I got in another run last night - just under 5k in 33 min. My time is improving! I walked less than 5 min total too - huge improvement It was pouring rain, I swear I was lugging around at least an extra 5lbs of water by the time I got home. The scale was up a bit today, but I imagine it's from all this running/yoga/zumba. I'm not sure I'll get a workout in today - I want to so some yoga, but not sure if I'll have time before we have to go out tonight.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #508

Mama- I think if you get back to the exercise the weight is going to drop for you, it sounds like you are getting your mojo back, I will be there with ya as soon as I can!!! I want to man when I get released to do stuff I am going to go at it hard!

Kari- I had a tummy tuck to remove all the excess skin, I have a 28" long incision and have had issues with it, it was a tough surgery, so I am on no exercise, none, I am in slug mode, it is killing me but I know what I have gone through so I am going to listen, I have a feeling I wont be running since the lower quadrant of my tummy is not connected yet, LOL
Old 04-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds scary- your lower quadrant of your tummy isn't connected! Ick, no wonder you're still not 100%!!!! You're going to be on fire once you get the okay though. Running will be sooooo much easier with your new non-smoker lungs and I bet you'll notice a big difference with yoga too. I don't have nearly the same skin issues, but I get really frustrated when I try to bend and know I can go further but my stomach is in the way

I've been working out like a mad woman (almost Amber level lol) lately. Saturday night we went out for dinner and I was ticked I ate a really small piece of cake and it was too late to run it off when I got home. So I broke out the stepper and did 30 min on that while watching tv. Sunday was a crazy cardio boot camp dvd in the am then 5k run after dinner. Yesterday was way too windy to run so I did 1hr advanced yoga. I was so sore last night I could barely move.

I think I'll take the kids to see Chimpanzee tonight, maybe an early dinner too. That way it should still be early enough for a run.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday I got in a 5k with my sister & aunt. I have a hard time because they run faster than me, and even though I know I have more endourance I quit the minute I fall behind. I KNOW it's a mental thing, and I just have to get over it. I was really ticked with myself when I got home. I run so much better when I'm by myself, at my own pace (even my pace is faster when I'm not trying to keep up with someone.) Ugh, I was almost in tears. Brian tried to cheer me up, but he's a man and his foot should have been in his mouth before he even started lol. I know he means well but what comes out is usually exactly the opposite of what he means

He was an athlete in school and has no idea where I'm coming from. Ya know the kid who was always picked last in gym? I envied that kid lol. I was the one the teams fought over who had to take me. No wonder I have mental problems!

Ok, I'm climbing off the self-pity train now. I will train until I get better and faster. Period. And eventually run a race. My town actually hosts a marathon every fall that's an official Boston Marathon qualifier. I think I want to make that my goal- to qualify for the Boston. I'm just not sure where I would find the time to train.