Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
That is a good thing, I know the winter is hard with the weather to get running!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
I tried on the black dress- it's horrible! I didn't think it was too bad until I took pics and man, I don't think I could find anything less flattering. The fabric is pretty heavy and sticks out in all the wrong places. I look 6mos pregnant and it makes my arms look even bigger. Good thing I'm going shopping tomorrow, I'm in need of some major retail therapy.

I feel like I'm back to being 220 lbs. I'm bloated to all hell and experiencing the worst TOM I can remember. Even my face is puffy. I *know* I'm almost 40lbs less, but I don't feel it at all today. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, I think I just need to get it out.

On a positive note, food was great today, and after my run I did 1 hr yoga and 10 min weights with my arms. I hit BAHB mode, probably would have done more but the kids decided I had enough "me time" for today LOL.

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #423

Dang girl you go!! I know I have days I feel like I am 300 pounds again, just nothing looks good and I feel bloated, and blah!! Hopefully shopping will pick up your spirits!!

Tell hubby you need to move to PA so we can run and go to yoga together!! LOL You would be my perfect workout buddy!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

I wish we could workout together. Well, maybe not. You'd totally kick my a$$.

Food is good, and I logged another hr of yoga today. I think I may have given myself shin splints (again) I had horrible pain while I was running yesterday and today I'm swollen and really tender along my shins. Yoga seems to be helping to loosen them up and I'm taking Motrin for the pain. (I rarely take pain meds, and it's bad enough for me to take something.) I'm really hoping I'll be better tomorrow so I can run indoors again. I was thinking back, and I didn't have any problems until I did the 30 day shred. I've been having shin trouble on/off ever since. I guess all that jumping & lunging was too much. I'm going to stick with running and low impact stuff (yoga/pilates) from now on.

Shopping was a bust. Note to self: DO NOT attempt to shop for clothes when you're bloated!!! I must have tried on 2 dozen dresses (L-XL) that were too small I did end up buying a strapless one, but only cause it was on clearance for $20. I got it home and don't really like it. I need something to wear over it to cover my nasty arms and it's a funny colour- almost a navy/plum mix. Even black doesn't look right with it. I'm going to see if I can find a silver shawl or something. At least the fit is somewhat flattering since it just hangs. It's a 16 Mind you, it's big, and it was the only one they had, but it still stung nonetheless.

I'm taking a break from the scale until I know I'll see the 180s again. (At least friday, maybe not till weigh in on mon) And I WILL NOT SEE THE 190s EVER AGAIN.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #425

Oh hun, dont stress the weight will come off and you will look beautiful in your new dress attitude is the most part of wearing it, strut in there and everyone will look at you not the dress!!! I remember Tony was saying he liked my wedding gown cause it was plain, he said I want people to see you and remember YOU not the dress, he had a point!!! Get a cheapo wrap and cover your arms and you will be fine, I could so hook you up if we were closer, accessories are everything, LOL
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Instead of wallowing in self pity over a bit of bloat, I started looking back on pictures to see my loss.

Before: Spring 2010 (Not sure of weight, but at least 228 prob closer to 235)

//

Summer 2011 (about 195)

Now (188-190)

This is the black dress I was complaining wasn't flattering. It's not so bad in comparison
Old 01-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #427

Dude I like the black dress and heels, lose the pout!! LOL

That dress has potential it needs bling, long hair down, and a big smile and you are good I would wear that show me the one you got today to compare!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

LOL - I kept having to shoo my kids out of the pic, that's my annoyed face. :P

I'll post the other dress tomorrow, I'm already in my pjs.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #429

OK sounds good I like that dress I like the other dress with the print better, can you wear that shrug with this dress? Do you have some big necklace to wear with this???
Old 01-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glenda1962
WOE: Low Carb
Kristyn! I think you look really great!!!!!! You are doing it girl!!!!!! Ihope I can do as well!!!!! Keep it up!!!!
glenda1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Glenda, you'll be posting your "afters" soon. You're off to such a great start!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Wow Kristyn, you are really LOOKING GOOD! You are going to be so dam gorgeous when you hit goal.

It is amazing isn't it, blows my mind when I see my fat pics, I could not believe I let myself get like that.(duh, how'd that happen, duh)..

It takes guts to post the pics, but I think it is character-building and hits home in the accountability department!

See you on the badgers thread,
Nancy
LIVE_FREE_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Nancy.

It's funny, when you're fat, you look at these fat pics and think "it's just a bad angle" or "why was I sticking my stomach out?" and then delete the pic. I only found this one b/c it was on an old memory card I forgot to clear. Had I seen it then it would have been deleted for sure. I know I never believed I was that heavy. It wasn't until I posted these pics together that I realized how far I've come. I still have another 50 to go and man I am motivated!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #434

You have really pretty legs though! Mine are so veiny and skin, and ughghg, it is good to have a sexy body part!!! OK waiting for new dress pic! Get er done, you are running out of time! And jazz up the black one too, I am bossy today, LOL!!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #435
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Amber's right, ya got great legs chicky! You've come a long way and I totally see a difference! So proud of you!!!!!!!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Awww, thanks ladies I never would have dreamed my legs would be my best feature. lol

Amber, the wedding isn't until the 21st so I have lots of time I'll wait until I have a few complete ensembles before I post comparison pics. I'll check with my mom & sisters to see what they have. This is the dress I bought yesterday.Jolie petite Knit Chiffon Short Fly Away Dress - Sears | Sears Canada It was clearance for $40, and I used my points so it was only $20 BUT...I can't return it if I decide not to wear it. I just need to find a suitable wrap
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #437

I think that one is going to be the winner do you have a good strapless bra? That matte jersey material is so nice it hides everything I am betting that will be the one I like!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't tried it with a bra yet, but if it doesn't work I'll just have to invest in a new one I'm due anyhow, my old one is sadly bunching in all the wrong places. lol
Old 01-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Well, after spending all of yesterday either in bed sleeping or vegging on the couch, I feel much better today. I even did the advanced "fire" yoga. Umm, yeah I felt the burn LOL Every pose started with a plank, I was dripping sweat like 10 min into it and it's 75 min!! OMG, I can't imagine ever being able to do some of those positions. Crazy, like wrapping your legs behind your head and headstands.

Scale was 190- water weight is still lingering I'm starting to wonder if the cold meds I've been taking are contributing. Hopefully I'll be done with them soon so I can get back to normal.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Morning Kristyn!!

Have a great day!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #441

Hey hun how are you feeling? Someday you will be standing on your head!!! LOL
Old 01-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #442
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you're feeling much better chicky! OMG Yoga! I did Bob Harper's new Yoga...holy freakin cow the man tried to kill me! There was one part where I literally stopped and had to pick my jaw up off the ground watching the 2 girls on there bend and contort and balance like a coupla bendable-buddies! This one is 60 min. and I was soaked by 20 min. in. LOL I have alot of work to do for sure!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

189.8 today

1 week with no cheats!!!! I don't think I've gone that long in months lol. And then I wonder why I'm not losing

Still feeling pretty crappy. God this cold will not go away! I'm running tomorrow regardless cause I bought some Old Navy compression pants & jacket on sale that I'm dying to wear. I'll be hacking up crap like crazy, people will think I'm dying lol.

Danielle, that's great about the yoga. I know, it's so hard when you start, but even by the end of it you're feeling more limber and when you're done you feel like, loose. Hard to describe.

Amber, power to you for going to hot yoga. I think of all those sweaty bodies in that room, and then the crazy limber contortionist men in speedos... I'm glad you like it so much though!

Cassidy!

I'll be back later to post pics of potential wedding outfits. I think I have a few options now
Old 01-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #444

If we lived closer guess who would be going with me, LOL You would!! I love it I can honestly say I think it is right up there with the thrill I get from lifting, the high whatever you want to call it, but it is the one thing that I am so completely drained and exhausted my crazy head shuts down, like moving a huge stack of weights, I cant be thinking about anything else, spinning- I like it but head is still thinking, swimming-still thinking, so far these are the only two things that allow the head to turn off, LOL

Waiting for outfits!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Please ignore the facial expressions and toddler hiding in the background

I didn't get a chance to fix the straps so I'll show both ways:

Style #1 (original)

[IMG][/IMG]

Style #2 Halter

[IMG][/IMG]

w/shrug (problem is the shrug is black & doesn't look right with the colour of the dress)

[IMG][/IMG]

I also bought fabric for a wrap in the same colour as the dress - it's not cut in the pic and isn't sitting right, but I think this is my winner.

[IMG][/IMG]

I guess my question is...how to wear the straps? Halter, or the original V? The back just ties around my neck & hangs down my back.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #446

#1 Original V- I actually think you look thinner with no shawl, but it might be chilly so go for the fabric one but then take it off you look slimmer without it!!!! I love the dress, I Knew I would like it, that fabric is just always a good thing!!! Make the wrap not so long maybe, have it hit you right at the waist so you dont look all covered up??? Love the color though and I thought I like your hair all down and flowing but you look slimmer and more sophisticated with it up, so maybe a fancy updo???
Old 01-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
I like #1... CUTE!!! I am with Amber... you look slimmer without the shawl... but I am sure it is needed in this crazy weather.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks ladies! #1 it is! Bonus- I don't have to alter it! I have to cut & hem the wrap tonight. I know it didn't show in the pic, but it's actually sheer it was folded a few times in the pic to make it shorter. We're really looking forward to this wedding. It's only 2 blocks away so we can walk- no worries about driving home! DH and I never get to drink together. We're gonna get our dance on! lol

Yes Amber, I will wear my hair up this time. I like the idea of pinup style hair & makeup. Kinda like this, but with the back of the hair curled and in a loose side bun.

diva - PinupLifestyle.com ♥

I went to the track today. We're working our way through c25k again. We're on week 5, though I'm not sure I can do the 20 min run this week. I came home hacking away, ugh. But the workout was good, now I can veg I was going to fix my wrap last night, but was sidetracked and made DD a gorgeous skirt instead I'm such an amateur sewer it's rediculous, so I was pretty impressed it turned out at all.

Food is still good. I made a beautiful ham yesterday and have been munching on the leftovers today. I tried to make SF nutella - it was okay, but a bit grainy. It makes for an okay snack with butter on Mr. Peanut bread. Or straight from the jar.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #449

You said my magic word NUTELLA!!!!!!! OMG I told Tony if I am going to get through this week of not smoking I might need a nutella fix, LOL Oh my that will land me in more trouble!!

Like the do I know you will make it look cute!!!!!
Cant wait to see pics of you and Mr. Mama all dressed up, have a ton of fun!!! How cool is that you can drink and stumble home??? LOL
Old 01-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

Nutella is !!!!!!

I like your dress mama! I agree, straps in the V. Have a really really great time!!!!