Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Christmas is coming along. I LOVE THOSE PALLETS!!!!! I want to see pics afterwards.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #392
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I am ready and waiting!! Those pallets are cute!!!

I am so ready for work to be over and then let the party begin!!! I love Christmas, I love the family, it is really my favorite time of year!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
I've had two full days on plan! Only one more to go until I can cheat for xmas
I got some bad new today- my parents had to put down their horse I'm heartbroken because 1) She was a big part of my childhood, and 2) She also belonged to my kids
All my kids loved her, but my oldest DS is 5, and he goes to the barn to see her every time we go over (at least a few times a week). I don't want to ruin his Christmas and tell him now, but I know he'll want to go see her when we go over on Sunday. My parents still have two ponies, but the horse was the most gentle and the only one that we would ever ride.

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, so I broke the news. Of course my 2yo didn't care, and dd4 didn't get it (though she did make her some flowers "to make Candi feel better") but my oldest took it pretty hard I didn't have to say anything when my gramma passed because they never saw her, but this was pretty inevitable. At least now he has Christmas to look forward to, and it will be a nice distraction for a while.

Now that that's done, I can re-focus on the holidays! I`m so excited I was reviewing our gifts for the kids, and one has more than the others, so I have to make one more trip to walmart to even the score. I may also have to make some more cookies because my cookie-monster of a hubby has eaten almost all of my stock already
Old 12-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #395

Oh hun, I am sorry about your horse, that is a shame, your poor kids but you are right it is a good distraction having Christmas to look forward to!!! I am sorry hun!!!

Yes need even gifts, OMG the kids are crazy with that, but now they know the cost of things so look at the $$ value, LOL

Have a good one hun!!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 04:24 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas!!!!

I think I'm more excited than the kids!

Even my scale had a gift for me- 182.5 Not VWL, but sure beats 186!

I forgot to take pics of my shelves until most were wrapped, so here is the last one:

[IMG][/IMG]

And my wrapping....kraft paper, newspaper, and twine

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

For my neices & nephew, I found this great retro Mickey & Minne paper, and topped with twine & kraft paper bows.

[IMG][/IMG]

And since I'm adding pics, here's my kids with Santa

[IMG][/IMG]

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Last edited by mama_2_3; 12-24-2011 at 04:27 AM..
Old 12-24-2011, 04:51 AM   #397

Aw hun, your kids are so cute, you have a wonderful holiday!!!!! I wish the best for you and your family, you are special to me!!! Love ya
Amber
Old 12-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

My Christmas turned out even better than I was hoping for. Despite the kids being completely wild at my family party on xmas eve, we had fun singing xmas carols & exchanging small gifts with everyone. We didn't get home until about 2am, then up early to see what santa brought. My parents, brother and his gf came over yesterday for brunch, we all went to my Nanny's for turkey dinner, then back to my parents house to open gifts there. Everyone made gifts, and we did a secret santa with my brothers & sisters. One of my sisters went nuts and embroidered a picture of each family - amazing. Oh, and everyone loved the shelves we made! I tried out all my new toys today- took in a shirt with my sewing machine from dh, and I made chili in my new crockpot and bread with my new kitchenaid mixer from my parents I feel so spoiled

I'm not even thinking about carb counts or calories until Jan 2nd. Even if it takes all of Jan to get it off, it will be worth it. I've worked so hard for almost a year, I figure I've earned this weigh-cation
Old 12-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #399

I am glad you got good gifts and had fun, that is how I feel Jan 2 is a whole new ball game! New Years will be bad for me, so this week the kids are here I have my niece and nephew, who cares the darn weight will move, memories are worth making at times, we need a break from it all!
I did run today really well with all my carbs in me, LOL

You have fun and enjoy til jan!! Then girlie we are getting tough!!!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

You're right, just enjoy! I thought about running today but it's been snowing hard all day and the ground is just a wet slippery mess. I made the mistake of stepping on the scale and saw 190 something - I thought I'd pass out! I saw the 19- then jumped the heII off before I could see the rest. LOL No more peeking until Jan.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #401

LOL I know I am not weighing tomorrow I guess I should for the challenge but I think it might be best to wait til Jan 2 we have all year to get back to it, it is too hard this week being off with the kids, LOL It sucks but it is fun and yet it isnt one of those love hates, LOL
Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Good Morning Kristyn!

Glad you had a great Christmas!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Year!!!!

I've been neglecting my journal lately. Ya know, it just felt wrong to post with a cookie in one hand and chips in the other. LOL Don't worry, I'm back with a vengence and an extra 16lbs! (Technically, I think it's closer to 10lbs since I'm going by my new scale which was about 6lbs higher.)

I've been thinking about resolutions, and this is what I've come up with:

1) Exercise 5 days a week - 3 days running, 2 days other (right now it's yoga)
2) Continue eating lc, and not dwell on the occasional cheat.
3) Every morning I will mentally renew my committment to actively be the best mother, wife and self I can be.
4) Put aside some money into savings every month - to be used for a vacation and/or the purchase of a new house.

I woke bright and early this morning and had my eggs boiled, bacon fryed, and 1hr yoga done before anyone else woke up. I would love to do that every day, but the kids usually jump out of bed the second they hear me up. I'm going running with my sis later tonight, so I'll get a lot of exercise in today
Old 01-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #404

Those are good resolutions hun! You can do it, you will surprise yourself how quick those pounds will drop off again, just do it it will come off, yes you have been MIA, I still posted, wine and cookie in hand, LOL It's a part of life the ups and downs, its all OK, everything is in your control!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

194.5 (-2.5) It's a start...

I didn't get to go for a run last night- DH was working on his car and didn't get in until late. I'm hoping we'll get to the indoor track before they close tonight, but they close at 6 and dh still has to finish the stuff with his car before it gets dark, so there's a chance we won't make it tonight either. I will get some yoga in this afternoon though. I asked for a yoga dvd for xmas, and dh was a sweetie and bought a whole series. It's crazy ass honey badger yoga - min 1hr, fast moving and HARD - well for someone who's not very bendy (like me). I love the way I feel afterwards - so loose! I've been doing it almost daily since xmas.

Another resolution: Get a handle on nighttime snacking!!!! I find I don't eat much for dinner, then get ravenous around 8-9 pm and just can't stop eating until I go to bed. Tonight I'll try to just drink coffee with hwc to calm the beast.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #406

Coffee is good, you gotta space your meals, once you are starving that is the time the bad eating sets in!!! Allow a snack, I know you used to track in ******?It does help me to plan like 5 400 calories meals and snacks then I have something to look forward to, that helps!

I ran on that darn treadmill, I hate it but I went back to week 4 I thought I am starting slow on the treadmill to get used to it, and I did it, we have come to far with the running to let it get away from us! Yoga is freaking awesome I love it! Try to find a class in your town and go, it would be good to get out of the house and you will love it with others! Thursday night yoga is my favorite thing! You can do it hun, I am right here with ya, pulling ya along! We are going to get this bloat off and meet our goals!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

I made it to the track and let me say- I can't believe I haven't gone before!!! Never again will I let my insecurities keep me from running There were only about 4 other people there. Even with the people around it was way better than braving the ice & snow. I went with my sister, who wants to start c25k but since she hadn't downloaded it yet so we did 2 running laps, then 1/2 lap walk about 4xs.

I'm loving the yoga too, but there is NO CHANCE I would do it where anyone could see me! Not even dh But man, it feels good! I've only been doing it since xmas and I already feel such a difference in my flexibility. I'm anxious to see how I feel tomorrow after not running for a while. I'm not sore yet and that's saying something.

I really hate tracking everything, what a PITA. Food was good today:
B- one hb egg/3 strips bacon
L- ground beef/ 1/2 tomato /jalapenos/cheese/sour cream
S- avocado/mayo/3 strips bacon
D- same as lunch
lots of water, 2 coffees with hwc
Exercise- 30 min run/walk, 1 hr yoga
Old 01-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #408

Yeah that is cool if sis wants to run with you having a buddy would be good fun!!! OK no tracking you are back on track, try the spacing and see if you feel better, your food is pretty light for all the running! Maybe those days allow a little extra to have some to burn! Yoga is a bit embarrassing, I am always like oh great someone is behind me she is going to see my big butt in the air, but they darken the room so you cant really see that is cool!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

I'll be in the 180s again sooner than I expected.

What a difference the yoga is making- I'm not sore at all from running! It may also be the rubber floor on the track, either way, I'll take it!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

I actually felt like I ate a lot yesterday. The biggest difference was I had a nice big snack before I ran, then didn't eat dinner till about 10pm. I don't go to bed until 12-1am so I'm not eating right before bed which is good.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #411

The floor is better on your legs and I am telling you I go in on Thursday night, sore everywhere and on Fri morning I wake up and feel like a new woman, it is all the stretching it is good stuff!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

We went to the track again tonight- 30 min run/walk. I tried to look up the size of the track, coudn't find it but then found a site that said most indoor walking tracks are 200m. WTH??? That means it's only 1/2 the size of the outdoor one and we have to do double the laps. Ugh, just when I thought I was really doing well. I also did my yoga dvd, but I waited until after I got back from the track and my shins are getting sore now so I think it may be better to do it before running.

Food was good today, no crazy sweet cravings. I didn't even snack. I made real whipped cream to top my coffee then add a squirt of sf caramel syrup. Yumm, and the fat seems to be keeping me full. I also made some pumpkin bread with flax in place of flour. It's funny, I made it with the flour for my kids and tried some over the holidays - and it tasted like crap. I really, really prefer it with flax.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:36 AM   #413

Ohh pumpkin bread, I need that recipe, I love pumpkin bread I still have 2 cans left from something I made before, that would use them up too!!!!

I love yoga, it is so good for stretching!! I think maybe you were just running hard and hurt your shins, it should help more after running when your muscles are tight, but do what works, I am glad you are loving it!

Have a good weekend!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

I posted the recipe on the BAHB thread.

So I think I officially started a running club. All 3 of us, LOL. (Actually, our indoor track only has 3 lanes so it's perfect) Today we did 5 laps running, 1 lap walking, (repeat a few times, lol) I looked up the c25k program again and I think starting wed we'll start at week 4 d2, maybe with a few extra laps at the end. So far it's been fun. We gab at the beginning and end, and finish with a 1/2 lap sprint. (The first time we raced actually gave me flashbacks to grade school track & field... )

Now that TOM is officially here, I feel much better physically. I doubt that was the only thing making me sick, but I know it was draining my energy and sending horrible cravings. As if I need more motivation to get rid of the bloat-I have a wedding to go to in just under 2 weeks and I want to look hot! If only I had something to wear.....maybe just a LBD. I wish I had $$ to get something new, but I'd only wear it once anyway so I guess it's not worth it.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #415

Did you get anything for Christmas you can snazzy up? How about thrift stores, I am amazed now that I am going the stuff I can find, like that week at Christmas, all brand name stuff I left with a huge pile for $7, check one out if you have them, or tell some friend your size you need to borrow a dress!!!! You gotta look glamorous, all this weight loss!!!! I went back to week 4 I could do more but I thought No, I am going to do it right and work on endurance again, rather than trying to push myself and get frustrated!

I gotta dig through that thread before it gets any bigger and write down that recipe, LOL
Old 01-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Pumpkin Flax Bread

3 cups ground flax
1 1/2 - 2 cups splenda or equiv. substitute
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice **
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups pumpkin puree
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, beaten

**Or use:
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

Combine all ingredients, divide into two foil lined loaf pans. Mixture will be thick. Bake at 350f for 1hr. It will get really dark and won't rise much. Enjoy smothered with butter.
Carb count varies. My ground flax is 0 net, so the only carbs are from the pumpkin and splenda. 3.5-4 net
Old 01-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #417

Thanks hun I found it this morning,I am going to make that this weekend, might be a good carb source before the gym if I want to cut carbs further depending on weigh in!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

193 (-2lbs!!!) Okay, no more weighing until monday. I wanna see a nice big woosh.

I have a black tank dress that I could jazz up with jewelry. I may check out the mall if I get a chance this week, I bet there will be some fancy New Years dresses on sale. I wish I could get away with the purple gown I wore to that wedding in Sept but it will be all the same peeps at this one. I'll see what I can come up with and post some pics, maybe you can help me determine the best one.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #419

Right on, I will tell you what i think!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

It's settled. My sis and I will shop tomorrow am. I'm going to try on my black dress tonight and see what I can put together and I'll know what to look for tomorrow (shoes/purse etc).

Today is such a gorgeous day I went for a run/walk by myself at the outdoor track and soaked up some good ol vitamin D. I wasn't supposed to run until tomorrow but the weather was too nice to waste, and I know I won't have time tomorrow. I can't wait to get back to doing real runs as opposed to the interval crap I've been doing. I'm just so ticked with myself for letting it take a backseat. Let me tell ya, when spring gets here, I'm gonna be ready for a nice, long, (no walking) run.

Food is good today. Angela's post yesterday inspired me to download Why We Get Fat - I can't wait to start it tonight. I need to be angry. I've had too many "just one bite"s and I need to get back into BAHB mode. Winter has me feeling fat and lazy and I'm tired of it!