Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
WOE: Atkins
Yup, I`m in love with my new tops. The hoody is nice & light, and the fleece shirt is so warm & soft Good to know about the compression wear, I`m adding it to my Christmas list right now!

Anywhoo....I learned yesterday that running & kids don't go together. Duh, right? Long story short, we were short on time, and DH had to sleep cause he's working nights. So I thought I`d muti-task and took the kids to the track with me so they could run around the center while I did the track. I ran, like, maybe two laps total in 20 min because I had to keep stopping for the kids. My sister met me, but was running late and by the time she got there, we had to leave because ds needed a bathroom break. Oh well, now I know better.

Amber, I know how you feel looking at old pics. I look at pics just from last Christmas and cringe. I`m mortified that not only did I leave the house looking like that, but I thought I looked good! I`ll have to remember to take pics in my new outfits so I can post some before & durings.

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
OMG hun, I can imagine the kids at the track at least mine are old enough to leave alone now, LOL

I posted the before pics, honestly you will be mortified!!!! And you need to post pics in here for you to look at!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

I am such a lucky mama/wife! I woke up to the kids "hiding" so they could jump out & wish me a happy bday. When dh wanted to give me my gift, ds ran to make me a pretend cake so they could sing happy birthday & I could blow out the candle before opening my gift - a kobo touch! Brian's been trying to convince me I needed one for months now (I insisted I most certainly do not) but I love it, so I guess he knows me better than I know myself
It's wierd to enter a new decade, but in a good way. I feel like I missed out on my 20s because I was so overweight & unhappy with myself. Now I'm starting my 30s strong, determined, and healthy. I finally feel like I'm in control of myself & my life. I feel so lucky to be surrounded by people I love, all of whom have been so encouraging and supportive - online and off. This forum really has made the difference for me....it's so much better than keeping a written journal because this one writes back! (And is there to kick you in the butt when you need it!)
Old 11-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #364

Happy Birthday hun!!!! I am so glad you are in such a good place, let me tell you you are a great age, you have your kids and now you are fixing you to enjoy them!! That is the best gift!

I dont know what a kobo touch is??? LOL
Old 11-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
!!!!!!!!!! That is the sweetest gift of all!! Enjoy your day.

I also have no idea what a kobo touch is. Is it like a ipad??
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

lol a kobo is an e-reader (like a kindle, but made by chapters/indego instead of amazon)

Thanks for the birthday wishes I always wanted to have my kids young so I could grow with them (plus, you have way more energy & such when you're young!). I'm not positive that I'm done having them yet, but I sure feel blessed with the ones I have
Old 11-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #367

More kids then your name will be mama-2-6? LOL

You are right I wasnt ready now I am old, but good for me I waited, I will be in a wheelchair when he graduates, LOL

Oh a book reader, duh!!! LOL I am so outta technology I still keep disconnecting people on my new phone, LOL
Old 12-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
More kids then your name will be mama-2-6? LOL

You are right I wasnt ready now I am old, but good for me I waited, I will be in a wheelchair when he graduates, LOL

Oh a book reader, duh!!! LOL I am so outta technology I still keep disconnecting people on my new phone, LOL
LOL

Yea I know I am not done having kids... At least one more... maybe two if the next is not a boy.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #369

You young little baby makers!!!! I will wait to be a grandma, LOL I dont think I have it in me to start over, I think me and Tony would die, LOL

But I love a baby!!!! I could hold babies all day long, for me they are like having pets, like holding a baby is so relaxing and I love looking at their little cherub faces, nothing cuter than a sleeping peaceful baby!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #370
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_2_3 View Post
lol a kobo is an e-reader (like a kindle, but made by chapters/indego instead of amazon)

Thanks for the birthday wishes I always wanted to have my kids young so I could grow with them (plus, you have way more energy & such when you're young!). I'm not positive that I'm done having them yet, but I sure feel blessed with the ones I have
Happy Birthday Kristyn!! It sounds like you had a beautiful day and I'm so glad!!!

We had our kids young! I will be not quite 45 when the last one heads off to college...Bryan is 4 years younger than me, soo I love it this way, young enough to still have our life too.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Danielle!

**Would the person who stole my running mojo please return it ASAP??? It's been missing for quite some time now and I'd really like it back! LOL

Seriously, I want to run but I'm sore all the time. So I try some other kind of workout, and that makes me even more sore, and the cycle continues. And it's been so cold/windy/rainy

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #372

You gotta do it sore or not, I am sore everyday from something, cause I am old, LOL But you just push through, although I agree the running in the cold sucks!!!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 AM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

I know, I think I go through this every time dh switches to the afternoon shift. Thank God it's only for 2 weeks at a time! I have until 2pm to do everything before he leaves including school with the kids, and it just plain sucks to be under a time limit all day. Plus, the weather has been horrible - cold & pouring rain (our area has flooded 3xs in the last few weeks). I don't mind rain or cold, just not together.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:35 AM   #374

I know the weather makes it hard, and your hubby's schedule is tough too with all the kiddos, maybe keep doing the Shred or something inside to help, lots of jumping will help keep your endurance up I think!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

You'll be glad to know I sucked it up today and ran in the (freezing) rain. And ya know what? I'm glad I did! I layered a few hoodies, and I wasn't cold, but I did carry around at least 10lbs of wet clothing. I went to the track and did 10 laps (4k total) and only walked a total of 2 - 1/2 a lap at a time. The wind was what killed me. I swear I'd turn the corner and have to fight just to keep upright, never mind moving forward! I talked to my sister today, and we're going to try the indoor track next week when dh's shift changes back to days. I'm going to continue doing strength training (arms & abs) on the days I don't run. I think I'll break out the pilates dvds again. I found it so relaxing, and the stretching....
Old 12-06-2011, 03:28 AM   #376

Pilates is good stuff they had two classes at the gym I loved it, and now nothing is scheduled, good for you getting out there in the rain, you are tougher than me, LOL I would never run in rain!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Phew! I dug out the Windsor pilates dvds (remember those infomercials advertising dancers bodies in 10 min/day?) and I dig the 1 hr bodysculpting dvd. It was okay, but waaaayyy tooooo ssssslllllllloooooowwwwwww. I had to pause it a dozen times to deal with the kids. I'll stick to the 20 min one from now on. That stinks you can't find it at the gym again How's the yoga going?

I really like how it stretches while you work. I'd probably like yoga too - that's on my xmas list.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:47 AM   #378

Yeah maybe get a good yoga DVD or something, I love yoga class, I actually really look forward to it on Thursday nights, and it does wonders for flexibility in a short amount of time, and the plank work is good for your arms, you think it looks easy but it is tough, it really works your whole body!

Pilates was tough, I loved that too I am going to make a fuss that I want Pilates back and maybe they will do something!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

As of tomorrow, DH moves to day shift I'm scheduled to run at 4pm with my sis - so I can't back out! I told her, even if she's not going to come, not to tell me so I'll have to go - no excuses! I even bought some new insoles, hopefully that will help with the pain I've been having.

I got a new scale last week- I was psyched until I tried it and realized it only weighs in kg! AND it consistently reads about 6 lbs higher than my old scale! How is that even possible????

I kinda survived my first holiday party of the year, well, until a pb cup found its way to my mouth....it was all downhill from there I'm just dreading all these parties, snacking foods and desserts. I'll be happy to maintain (in my size 11 jeans, of course) through the next few weeks, then go hardcore lc in Jan.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:10 AM   #380

Yeah for day shift!! I know if I can through the holidays I will be glad!!! It is crazy times!!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

I went for a run with my sister today - I didn't keep track of how far I went, but it felt gooood. I ran more than I walked (which is better than my last few runs) and sprinted the last 1/2 lap. My new insoles ($10 @ walmart) felt like mini tramplines in my shoes! LOL They really did seem to help.

I feel like I'm so behind on Christmas prep. The house is decorated, but I still have to do the tree, take pics for the cards, bake cookies for the cookie exchange, and buy all the kids gifts. We're going shopping state-side thurs night, so hopefully I'll get all my shopping done then. I still can't get over the price difference between Canada & US - even when our money is almost equal. Like, the skating helmets I want for the kids are $35 @ walmart here, and only $13 at meijer. And that's just one item! Sometimes it's worth it to make the trip.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:19 AM   #382

K- yes if you can save money like that it is worth it! Glad you ran I must do that!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Kristyn!!!

YAY for DH going to day shift!! Have fun going shopping in the states. Anything to save a few dollars. I hear ya!!!

Have a good day!!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

So we did really good shopping- Santa has gone overboard this year. Between Big Lots and Target we foung a ton of deals. So while we were gone, my mom called saying ds had an earache. By the time we got home, he had thrown up a few times Now, all three kids are sick with fevers. I'm getting tired of being stuck inside!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

I was totally on plan today, until I opened a parcel of Christmas gifts from my MIL. Right on top (in a box marked "open now") was about 5lbs of xmas goodies! OMG. I shoved in at least three chocolate covered cherries before I even realized I was doing it! LOL. Then I had to "sample" a few others for dessert. The holidays are gonna be harder than I thought.

On a good note, I went for a nice run tonight. I was kinda excited to go on my own tonight, and did really well until two men showed up at the track. I'm self-consious anyway, but one was doing some kind of walk-sprint thing where I just couldn't get more than a few feet away from him. It was really annoying, and getting dark so I headed home. I'm just glad they didn't get there until I was almost done.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #386

Yeah I hate when people show up at the track and mess up your mojo!!! But hey you ran! Christmas is tough, my Gram came and brought cookies she and my aunt baked yesterday shoved 4 in before I blinked!!!lol I am predicting weighing 220 by next Tuesday, LOL
Old 12-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, I expect to gain, but if I see anything over 190 I'm going to cry for days. We found out today DH doesn't really have any time off for the holidays, other than xmas day. He works 7-3 on xmas eve, then switches to midnights and has to go in for 11pm on boxing day Poor guy doesn't get a break, even with all the overtime he's been working. At least he'll be home for the important stuff and the paycheck will be good- gotta pay them Christmas gifts off.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:01 AM   #388

Well that is good and bad money is good, not having him there is bad!!!! I know I am trying to say under 210 this holiday!!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Kristyn

Yea James has to work around the holidays as well but off Christmas.... He is bummed. But like I told him be greatful for you job. Many are without this holiday.

Have a good day!! WTG on the running.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:19 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

I just bought a new camera lens!!! Merry Christmas to me!
(I'm a tad excited, can you tell? lol) I just bought it on ebay- brand new, over $100 below retail. AND since I used money I was paid for a research study, I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket!
I NEVER make large purchases like this, esp before xmas, but I've been researching lenses for about a yr now, and this was just too good a deal to pass up. And I know I didn't get one for xmas, because no one knows enough about my camera to be able to buy me one.

As of today, I'm officially ready for Christmas. Shopping, baking, wrapping, are all done. Now all I have left for today is take the kids to see Santa now that they're feeling better, and pick up some booze

We made these for my sisters & brothers - the pic is from pinterest- ours are a bit larger, and stained a darker colour, but same idea. I have to say I'm pretty pleased with how well they turned out.

How is everyone else's Christmas coming?