Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 06:31 AM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Maybe a can of that compressed air will dry it off? You can pop the keys off too and maybe take a swab under there to dry them off, I have spilled lots of coffee on my keyboards, LOL

You have a a lot going on, will be thinking of ya!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hiya Mama - great journal. been reading all afternoon to get inspiration. I need to get my lazy behind to the gym and start walking. Great losses.
for you and your family - strength for your dad.

Will drop by again later - hopefully your laptop is operational again.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Lola!

I've been gone for what seems like forever. Between the funeral, visitation, family obligations AND MIL visiting, I've been swamped. I've been eating off plan too, because I've been at the mercy of whatever was available/ already made. (Plus, there always seemed to be an abundance of fresh bread & baked goods)

My stress level was at a max - especially around the funeral. I usually get along pretty well with MIL, but she really ticked me off this time. I won't get into it, but in her defence, it wouldn't have taken much last week.

And so....after today (it's Thanksgiving & DD's bday) I'll be back to working out daily & induction level carbs. If I can squeeze in a run today I will, but probably won't get to go till tomorrow. I'm going through withdrawal! I NEED TO RUN!!! LOL

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Finally got to run today! My lazy pms-ing bum didn't want to, but once I got out there, it felt sooo good I also did the shred on tues, and am still sore. I was beginning to forget the achy muscles of working out every day.

Eating is also back on plan. I roasted a turkey tonight, so tons of yummy leftovers this week - yippee!! DD's bday party is on Sunday, so I'll have to suffer through making another cake without tasting it. I think I'll try chewing gum so I won't be tempted to lick the icing off my fingers.

I was looking at old family photos today, and it hit me that I've been fat for, well, forever. It shouldn't be a surprise, but it was. Even times when I thought I was just a bit overweight, I was still bigger than I am now. I see such a huge difference in my face - I don't even recognize the old me. I looked like someone who just gave up. I guess I had....

I'm still struggling with modivation. I weighed in at 188.8 this am That means I need to lose 17 lbs in less than 7 weeks to hit my goal (fifty before Nov 29th). It seems so impossible. I know timing shouldn't matter, and I'm really proud of how far I've come, but it's frustrating to think of how long it will take to get to my ultimate goal.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
We are here to motivate you Kristyn We can do this!!! My goal is to be 30lbs lighter by Thanksgiving... Lets get with it girl!!!!! Did I mention I started working out and I have lots of energy!!!! WATCH OUT NA!!!! I will be all over the place like Amber in a minute.... I CAN'T WAIT!!! LOL

DO NOT EAT THE CAKE!!!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

187.4 - going down....

Yay for working out! I always feel so good afterwards.

I spent the day baking cakes, didn't touch any.... UNTIL>>> The top layer crumbled when I tried to stack it I am so ticked! I only ate the bits that stuck to my fingers, so that's something at least. I'm so tired of cooking crap I can't eat!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

DDs birthday party was on Sunday - it turned out amazing! It was Strawberry Shortcake theme with red, pink & teal decorations everywhere. I set up a candy buffet and I did balloon twisting while my sister did face painting. The kids had a blast and we have more awesome pics to post on our website. All we need now is one stinkin party booked to make it official. Any takers???

Once again, I was bested by a cake There's something about that moist goodness that I just can't resist - for long anyway. I'm fine until there are leftovers sitting in the fridge, the aroma hits me every time I open the door and I give in.

I really need to buckle down now - I haven't lost anything in the last month! Not that I've been eating 100 percent on plan, but still! I'm tired of the 180s!!! I guess I can look at it as "practice maintenence" - in that sense I did pretty well. At least I haven't gained.

I've been really struggling with getting everything done. Part of the reason I've veered off plan was due to lack of planning. I feel like I'm so busy all the time. I haven't taken the time to plan my meals ahead of time & have veggies & such ready in the fridge. Working out has also been a struggle to fit into my day. I'd like to run 3xs a week and do the shred (or similar) on the days in between.

So far today I've eaten only bacon & eggs. I've boiled a few eggs to have on hand & ready to eat, and the #### cake is finally gone. I was able to sneak away for a five k this morning (37 min) and am working on my groc list for thursday. I need to get myself back in order & MOVE SOME LBS!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Come on Kristyn... you have a great plan!!! Let's get it girl!!!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #279

Oh hun I am right there with you!! I ran the first morning in Vegas and that was it, I have that darn race in 3 weeks, OMG I cant make myself run, like I just dont want to, I have to and I know it will help me burn more fat!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Dear MS. Excercise Queen: (AKA Amber) If I know anything about you, it's that you have already jolted yourself back into gear. You will do that run and it will be amazing!

I'm so thankful for you girls always being there to pull me back up

Yesterday went well. Bacon & eggs and water (and coffee) all day. I haven't weighed yet, but I can feel the bloat in my tummy going down.

Today's plan:
B- bacon & eggs
L- chicken & spinach salad
D- not sure yet
100 + oz water, excercise- shred & additional 10 min arms

Have a great day!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #281

I am back with exercise and diet just not the running, LOL I have to get back to that, I am running with this girl I dont even know and she is probably way faster than me, LOL I am going to be dragging, LOL
Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can do it Amber!!!! Just pace yourself like you did before.

Kristyn- DAY 1 down!!!! KUTGW girl!!!! Send me the site again for your business... I want to see your DD's birthday cake.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
You can do it Amber!!!! Just pace yourself like you did before.

Kristyn- DAY 1 down!!!! KUTGW girl!!!! Send me the site again for your business... I want to see your DD's birthday cake.
pm'd you the links

Day 2 is going well. I had ground beef sauteed with tomatoes, onions & zucchini topped with cheese for dinner. Carb count is a bit higher from the veggies, but it was worth it. Yum!

I'm psyching myself up to weigh in the morning. I better be under 187.

Okay, better get off my lazy bum & work out...
Old 10-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh. 187.6

I woke up feeling pretty bloated again, NO idea why. I ate under 20 net carbs yesterday, and drank over 170 oz of water. TOM isn't totally over, so I guess that could be it. I was really hoping to see a loss from doing VLC but I guess two days isn't enough to make a difference.

I'll keep truckin' ... what other choice do I have, right?
Old 10-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kristyn... TOM is probally the culprit!!!! I despise him!!! But yes keep it up... the weight will start to fly off!!

Maybe it was the cheese?? I can't have to much.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #286

I started bleeding too right when we left the resort on Saturday and all week I have not had that for some time, maybe all the carbs set it off, dont know but I am sure it contributed to my hefty bloat! And it sucks when I am so used to not having it! Ughghg
Old 10-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I started bleeding too right when we left the resort on Saturday and all week I have not had that for some time, maybe all the carbs set it off, dont know but I am sure it contributed to my hefty bloat! And it sucks when I am so used to not having it! Ughghg
I know Tony was happy it stayed away that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Have you done the shred again Cass?

I doubt it was the cheese, it's never been a problem for me before

I went for a run today. It was the first time (ever) that I've even tried to run in the cold, and man did I pick a bad day. My calves have been pretty sore this week, but I didn't think much of it. Well after about 10 min of jogging, they were so tight I had to stop. I had a shooting pain right up my leg into my bum - I could hardly walk. Around the same time, it started to pour, so now I'm cold, wet and sore. I walked a while, then pushed to run the last 10 min. It was windy & raining so hard I could hardly see where I was going. I bet I had an extra 10lbs of water on me by the time I got home. It was awful!!! LOL But I made it thorugh, so I'm happy about that. I think I'll have to do something less intense on my non-running days. My calves have been bugging me for a while, and I bet that's why. I'm thinking of going back to pilates to firm my tummy, plus it's a ton of stretching - very good for my legs I would think.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

I have to share what happened to me today. I was in the parking lot at the groc store loading my stuff into the van, when a nice-looking man walked past me. He smiled, and checked me out, then said "wow, ALL the pretty ladies are out today" I could have kissed him! LOL

I realize for many ladies this wouldn't be such a huge deal, but it is to me. Random men don't just walk up to me & compliment me. (Especially not young, good looking men.) This may be the first time ever that a stranger has complimented my looks, or at least the first time I believed them to be sincere.

The confidence I feel lately is amazing. I no longer feel self-consious when I'm in public, and I'm so pleased with how my clothes fit. I love that every time I run into someone I haven't seen in a while, they comment on how great I look. AND on top of all that, I am more fit than I have ever been before. I still have a long ways to go, but these are the little things that keep me going.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:34 AM   #290

Good for you hun!!! I random compliment makes you feel great, you never get tired of people gushing over you, LOL I love it too!!!!

Me and my cousin were playing craps the morning of the wedding, and some guy said all the hot cougars are out this morning we were ticked- we dont want to be cougars that means we're old, LOL
Old 10-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

At least he called you a hot cougar lol.

187.3 today

Tonight is my neice's bday party - please let me avoid the cake at all costs
Old 10-21-2011, 05:58 AM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that you avoid that cake... think about the hottie's compliments!!!!!!!

Yea I did Shred two days in a row... Wed and Thurs. Today we are taking DD to the pumpkin patch (if she doesn't get in trouble at school). She has been having a rough week after last weekend at James mom house... She gets WHATEVER she wants there.... Came back a total BRAT!!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:18 AM   #293

I did it mama, I ran last night OMG it was sad but I did the 3 miles running and wlaking at first I couldn't even go 1/4 mile I was so winded but then I would walk for few and get going so finally I was over 1/2 mile at a time, I am going this morning and everyday til the race now I got myself in a mess, over $200 for this race between the driving hotel and race fee I have to do it, so now its crunch time!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Ceecee- How was the pumpkin patch? I'm sure you'll have her straightened back out in no time

Amber- It's hard to jump right back into it. Keep working at it - I know you'll kick a$$ at that race. When is it again?

I ate the cake. Just a sliver, but I as soon as I can smell it, all self-control goes out the window. I've never had a hard time getting back into low carb, but this last week I've been craving sugar like there's no tomorrow When I stick to vlc the cravings have always disappeared, but this time no such luck.

Back at it today - the usual bacon & eggs for bfast. I looked up shin splints & it sounds like that's most of my problem, so I'll wait to run one more day to run.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The pumpkin patch wad great!! she had a ball but she had to do her work first before she could do anything else.

Come on mama... We can do this. Maybe you need more fat to curb the hunger.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you had a good time Cassidy.

So today, my crazy appetite has vanished! Woot woot! I have no idea why, I haven't changed a thing, but who am I to question it? Totals for today: 1100 cals, 27 net carbs

I went for a nice run/walk this afternoon. I made a new playlist, and didn't push myself too hard. I only ran about half (30 min total) and walked the rest. I don't want to push my luck - my legs are still really bothering me. I'm working on getting into the habit of stretching while I watch tv. Hopefully it will help

I need to come up with a cool costume to wear when we take the kids out. DH & I always have matching/couples costumes. We've done Dorothy & the tinman, farmer & his wife, devil & angel. The farm ones were cute - I was the farmer, he was the wife, and the kids were a cow & chicken. DH is thinking of being a biker with a mohawk - any ideas for me??? I need something really cheap (less than $10) preferably something I can throw together myself, and it has to be comfy. My dad drives us around the neighborhood in the haywagon (yup, we're hicks!) and I'll be climbing in & out all night.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:37 AM   #297

Kristyn, OMG that is so cool triack or treating in a haywagon, you must take pictures, I love Halloween, when my son said he felt he was too old this year I wanted to smack him, I am like dude, next to CHristmas this is the best day of the year, free candy and dress up, now he decided he is going to go, what a weenie!!!!

If he has a mohawk, how about doing like a Madonna look, get all 80's or something? Like the punk look? Maybe leggings and fishnet gloves and some cheap big plastic jewelry and tease your hair all up?

Here is a link on 80's hair, since you were just a baby yourself, LOL

How to Get Frizzy 80s Hair | eHow.com
Old 10-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is a great costume suggestion!!! Especially if he is gonna do the mohawk thing.

OMG riding around in a haywagon!!! That sounds like so much fun.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

187.6 - a step in the right direction!

Amber, I took your idea and ran with it. I bought fushia tights, black legwarmers, & fishnets to cut into fingerless gloves (total cost $8 lol). I have a black mini to wear over the tights & I cut the neck off a bright blue t-shirt to wear over a fushia tank top. I'll layer a ton of beads & chains, and some bangle bracelets. DD has some pink lacy hair ribbons I can tie into a side pony tail (after I tease the heck out of it, of course!) Now I just have to figure out how to do my makeup. DH is going to sport a mohawk, biker jacket & ripped up jeans, hopefully I can convince him to sport some eyeliner too LOL. I'm a bit iffy about showing so much leg (yeah, they'll be covered in tights, but still) it feels a bit inappropriate for taking the kids out, but I have nowhere else to go!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #300

Show it off!!! I am wearing a naughty nurse costume to my Mom's kids party cause we are leaving for an adult party afterward I figure still better than scaring them for life in WW, LOL My son was like, OMG is that my Mom? You look all sexy like the models in the ads, LOL Of course I would have given him $100 for that if I had it, LOL FIshnets are my key, they hide everything and make your legs look tons thinner, I have to wear white which are not as good as black, but they help alot!