Old 05-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
LCJ
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LCJ
Stats: 152.5/144/122
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: 24/05/2011
LCJ's 'eat fat get thin' journal

Hi, i'm Laura, i'm very nearly 28, I live in England, and welcome to my journal!

I've not been eating this new way for long, so I thought i'd keep a journal to keep me on track, and to look back at for motivation if I start to stall!

I have done every diet under the sun - WW, slimming world, Atkins, calorie counting, you name it, and the weight was coming off slooowly (10lbs in a year!) and I was getting thoroughly fed up of counting calories. I did manage to get down to 130lbs though one diet or another a few years ago but piled it all back on.

I was browsing through books on Amazon and came across one by Barry Groves "eat fat get thin" - there weren't many reviews but all of them 5 star, positive reviews. It sounded a lot less restrictive than Atkins so I ordered the book, did my research and went for it.

No more counting calories for me, I aim to have fat as my largest percentage of my diet (around 60%), then protein (20%), then carbs (15%) but I aim to have no more than 60g of carbs a day.

I already have so much more energy, my stomach looks flatter, I feel satisfied after my meals, and i'm eating real, tasty food!

My first weigh in is tuesday 31st May, I think I started at 144lbs because the day before, I ate everything in sight, white bread with fake butter, sugar in my tea (highly unusual!), a Thornton's toffee chocolate ice cream (like a magnum), basically anything I could get my paws on, I don't know what was wrong with me! I've been weighing most days since then and i've seen 141 for the first time in a couple of years

If I can go into June dead on 140lbs (10 stone) i'll be extatic! I really, really want to get to a weight where I feel confident, for the first time ever. I'm never been skinny, i've never been obese (highest ever weight was 157lbs), just always a bit heavy and chubby for my height, I absolutely hate my boyfriend touching my stomach if i'm not standing up.

Hopefully that will all change this year...
LCJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links