Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TexasMommy
Stats: 231.5restart/227.5/165 5'9", Female
WOE: Back to Basics
Start Date: Restart 10/1/12
So, I didn't weigh this morning even though I swear the scale called my name several times LOL. I think weekly weigh ins will keep me a little more sane. (yeah right!)

Anyways, college started up again today. I am taking 3 online classes this semester. I am kind of dreading it right now. The Life Science and Accounting classes look like they will keep be busy. My son has been sick, my house is a wreck, and I feel like I already don't have time to do anything. I don't think it will be as bad as I imagine.... just have to get started. My daughter is going to have to help out a little more around the house - I'm tired of feeling like I spend most of my free time picking up after her. She's nine and leaves a trail of clothes, purses, crafts, shoes, jewelry in her wake. It's a job in itself having to tell her each ITEM to pick up. You can't just tell her to clean a space... you have to tell her EACH thing to do/clean up. JEEEEEZ!

Food Plan:
b- 3 eggs scrambled in CO with Cheese, glass of Hood chocolate milk, coffee, CLA supplements
l- leftovers from Mom's house. LC coleslaw, small amount of beef tips w/ cauli
d- I don't have a clue yet.

I am contemplating going to the gym tonight. I brought workout clothes, so I should just do it, huh?

My Journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ng-my-way.html
TexasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Oh yeah hun, time for DD to step up her game, get tough now, or it will be harder down the road, try explaining that you are starting school, you have new responsibilities and now she will too!!!!!! Tell her you depend on her to help out, then they feel grown up while youa re still really *****ing at them LOL

Yes you should workout, it will be good to clear your head!!! The house will stay a mess, one thing at a time!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Yep, it's true! She really does help me out especially with her little brother, but I would appreciate a little more. I'm going to compensate her though lol. She deserves an allowance for doing chores.

I called my Mom and asked her to write a short list of things I wanted done before I get home from the gym. My Mom will give it to her when she gets to Nana's house after school.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Well DD did her chore list without any crying or whining.

I went to the gym last night too! I am surprised that I'm enjoying going so much. I thought I would be self concious since I'm a shy person, but the gym I chose is pretty small and there are many types of people going. I just go in, do my workout, and leave. I am not near as sore anymore after lifting like I was my first day.

I got my netrition order last night too. I bought some protein bars, some vit d3, magnesium chelated, omega 3 chocolate goop stuff, tortillas, and chili. I got a free water bottle too! I was happy about that because my other water bottle broke.

My Dad texted me this morning: Emergency. Jax has a dirty diaper. Can you come home for a few minutes?

LMAO - funny Dad.

Today's Food Plan:
b- 3 eggs scrambled in CO w/ cheese in 1 Mama Lupe tortilla, franks hot sauce, supplements, coffee
l- LC chili from Netrition
s- sf pudding
d- not sure

I have my grocery list ready for Friday when I get paid. I checked my favorite store's circular and they have great deals this week! Here are some items on my list:
Boneless Chuck Roast - BOGO
Pulled Pork Roast - 2.19lb
Pork Steak- 2.29lb
Drumsticks- 69cents lb
Family Steak (my fav!) - 2.99lb
Swai - 2.97 for 10 oz pkg
Old 01-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #95

I love that LC chili from netrition, OMG it is so good! That was one LC product that blew me away!!! WOW your beef is way cheaper but the fish seems expensive, I get like 4 pounds of swai for $7 here it is really cheap!!!!

You are a planning nut, I love it that is what will keep you on track and with kids, job etc you have to! Glad DD is helping out, and yes they deserve an allowance, I dont give Bobby a lot $5 but he is good in school so if he really wants something I get it for him, LOL He has me wrapped!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

I had the Beef Chili for lunch... and YES! It was great!! Any fish here is expensive. I never buy fish because of the cost - it sucks!

How old is Bobby?
Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

After taking my vitamins this morning I got an immediate headache. It took hours to go away, and I'm freaking exhausted! What the hell?!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #98

Bobby is 11, he thinks he is slave labor, and I said yep!!! He has to scoop cat litter, feed the cats, unload the dishwasher and empty the trash cans and take out the trash, he thinks that is brutal!!!

I bet it wasnt from the vitamins, probably work or kids or both!!! LOL
Old 01-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Awww poor kid! Caity is 9 years old and she thinks that doing anything other than being able to play on the laptop, cellphone, or watching one of the gazillion channels on TV is cruel and unusual punishment LOL.

Work has been easy, I slept great last night, and I've been feeling great from the exercise. I think I'm just going to take my magnesium at night before bed and see if that helps.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #100

I always take that at night, and is it calcium I think and zinc you should take all of them together, I also take Potassium at night cause I get leg cramps!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Well, not weighing is going okay. I still worry that I'm going to weigh in on Monday and see some huge gain lol. I have been eating more carbs though, and I am curious to see how it is going to affect me weight wise. Yesterday I ate one Mama Lupe tortilla with breakfast and two with my taco dinner. That's 9 carbs right there. Plus a protein bar and the LC chili for lunch. My stomach hurt last night though from all the fiber. I was so bloated! Thankfully feeling better this morning though, and the fiber DID get things moving so that's always a good thing.

Today's Food Plan:
b- about 3 or 4 oz of anduille sausage and mustard, 1 halve of a deviled egg, creme brule coffee w/ hwc and fiber fit
l- leftovers my mom gave me -- broccoli alfredo and hamburger. she called me last night and told me it was awesome and that she packed me some for my lunch... she's so sweet and I LOOOOVE it when she is eating LC too!
d- Unknown right now
lots of water

I'm going to the gym later after I get off work.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #102

Yeah I want to lower carbs and add fiber so my lunches need more veggies, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli stuff like that, it is hard to get fiber! Man I love that your Mom packs you delicious LC lunches how cool is that!!!!

Keep at it hun, you are doing great!!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Well, I had a long post typed, but I somehow pressed New Tab on my browser and lost it. GAH!

Anyways, I received my E-cig last night. I smoked my last analog cig at around 6 PM while it was charging. It is apple flavored, and I didn't know if I liked it when I took a puff last night. I used it on the way to work, and I'm liking it better. I think I may have found my tool for success. Fingers crossed.

After two long days (day three now) of bloating, stomach pains, and gas from the increased fiber and wheat in my diet, I am re-evaluating my food. I just bought a box of protein bars, and I don't like that I'm "wasting" the money I spent, but I'm going to find someone to give them to. The Mama Lupe tortillas I'm going to keep because my daughter likes them and she enjoys tacos/breakfast burritos/fajitas. Adding those foods to my diet for "variety" isn't worth the pain or embarrassment of being bloated and gassy. I couldn't even go to the gym last night it was that bad.

So, I'm going back to a more basic plan. LC veggies, meat, fat with a few snacks that I know my body can handle and keep me from feeling deprived (SF Pudding, Hood Milk, Cheese Sticks, LC Icecreams bars).

I have also figured out that my weekend are always high sodium and more "junky" lc foods like hotdogs and pepperoni. My weight is always up after the weekend and basically any loss I had prior disappears and I start right over again. This weekend I am going to make good meals instead of just snacking.

Today's Plan:
b- 3 scrambled eggs in CO, cheddar, coffee, hwc, fiberfit drops
l- hamburger patty, leftover broccoli and beef "alfredo"
s- if needed... SF pudding
d- not sure yet, I am going to the grocery store
lots of water and my supplements
Old 01-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #104

I have different vapors if you want to try them, I hope it will work for you!! SO no smokes today at all?? God it is hard, I am feeling your pain I am so out of sorts I could scream!!! LOL But I gotta get through this day then try to relax this weekend!

I dont think it was the tortillas, you had broccoli which makes you gassy too, now some protein bars are YUCK!!!!!!!!!! I always like to get the singles first before I buy a case and am disappointed, the Oh Yeah Protein bars are my fav, the chocolate Peanut butter they taste like Kit Kat, they have the potential to be overeaten, LOL

Stay away from the overly processed crap and you will be fine!!! It is hard to get fiber without a ton of veggies, that is for sure!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Amber, I will keep your offer about the ecigs in mind. No smokes today for me. Vaping is helping.

Broccoli has never been a problem before. I agree, I just need to stay away from processed food as much as possible. I bet I would get in trouble with anything that remotely tasted like a KitKat LMAO!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #106

LOL I know!!!! I hope the vaping works for you, I wanted it to work for me but it frustrated me more, LOL
Old 01-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

This week's weigh in made me happy. 209.5. Down 3 pounds. Just keeping any loss over the weekend makes me feel good. For almost two months, I have been losing during the week and then gaining back the pounds I lost by eating higher sodium and more LC snack foods over the weekends. I was using salty foods as a crutch. I was thinking "well since I can't have pizza, sugar, junk I'm gonna splurge on LC junk to make me feel better". Well, that was just sabatoging myself; I'm glad that's over (hopefully for good).

I filed my tax return and got the biggest refund I've ever had! I am using part of the money for a Disney World vacation for my children in June, and I am going to completely pay off two loans. That will save me $247 per month. This year I am really focusing on saving money and paying down debt.

Today's Food Plan:
b- coffee
l- leftover buffalo dip goes main course chicken, broccoli
d- not sure yet... meat/veggie/or salad
s- if needed, string cheese and SF pudding
lots of water
Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #108

Oh hun, good for you!!! the kids are going to freak going to Disney and good for you paying down debt!!! I know how hard it is being a single Mom, every dollar counts! I am so proud of you for the ecig, I got mine out cause of you, I really dont love it, but I tried the spearmint drops and they make me feel like I brushed my teeth so occasionally I am puffing on that, but if it is working go for it!!!! If we can beat this smoking addiction that is huge!!! I am glad you are finding the answer to your weekends, now if I could get on to some weight loss I would be tickled, LOL
Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Well, today as far as food has been good but work is another story. We had a meeting today, and the company is using my location and our sister location to be "guinea pigs" for a new system test. They are not sure how it will affect our month end or invoices though, and our customer is rather picky and they are used to how we have been billing them. Hopefully it works out without adding stress to our already stressfull month end reconcilliations.

I have been doing some browsing online for my childrens' upcoming birthdays. I would like to get my daughter a new platform bed to replace her bunkbed. The top bunk just collects old and HUGE stuffed animals. For Christmas I got her a pretty wall decal and my Mom and Dad got her a ton of jeweled butterflies/hearts/and stuff to put up on her walls, but the bunkbed takes up an entire wall and a half so we haven't even put up her new things. For my son I want to get a new toy organizer, new Cars curtains, and a dresser. So far I've found everything I want to get them at Wally world online.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #110

Hey hun I am coming to tell you how proud I am of us for the no smoking, man I have been smoking 27 years and I feel like I have been un handcuffed or something, it is really getting easier, I am not crying, or dwelling, it is the best feeling on the world, I am so glad the ecig is helping you!!!! It is the greatest thing not being a slave to cigs!!!!!

The bedroom ideas sound cool for the kids
Old 01-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Amber! I am proud of you too!! Are you going to do anything special with the money you are saving??
Old 01-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #112

No but it is nice to see money there when I get close to payday! I figure it goes to bills and whatever, I am in debt up to my eyeballs, LOL
Old 01-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

I actually have some extra money when I'm usually really low till payday. I am putting extra in savings, and I am spending a good amount on groceries and stocking up on meat.

I bought some new flavor cartridges for my ecig. I'm going to try Irish Cream, Menthol, Coffee, Caramel, and Red Energy. I'm getting tired of the Apple I'm using.

Food Today:
b- 2 fried eggs, bacon, coffee
l- 1 pork steak and veggies, 1 cheese stick
s- sf pudding
d- not sure yet

I skipped going to the gym yesterday. I will go today instead.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #114

Yeah the same flavor gets old, I am loving the spearmint cause it makes me feel fresh, like brushing your teeth, LOL Sounds like you are doing well!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Hey Amber, yep I am with not smoking. I wish I had tried the ecig sooner!

TOM stuck up on me a couple days early. It is usually so heavy the first few days that I'm worried about going to the gym. Is that silly??
Old 01-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #116

No its not silly, I can see how you would be worried, just tampon and pad up so you don't leak you might find the exercise makes cramps better, and the sweating will get rid of fluid, so it is a good thing!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for setting my mind at ease!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Food Plan:

B- Bacon, Eggs, Coffee, Hood Chocolate Milk
L- 2 Fried Chicken Legs (Almond Flour), Cheesy Cauliflower
D- Grilled Chicken Salad w/ cheese and Ranch Dressing
S- SF Pudding
Old 01-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #119

Are you refilling your cartridges with drops? Mine is totally messed up either I put too much in and it runs out nto my mouth and that taste is disgusting or I am not doing something right cause I get no vapor, of course I bought this thing so long ago I forget how to really use it, LOL I tried Indian Clove, man was that gross in my mouth, LOL
Old 01-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Nope, I am using pre-filled cartridges since I'm a Noob and didn't want to get anything that I would have a hard time using. My best friend uses the drops and she is having the same problem with overfilling. Maybe you can visit an ecig forum to read up on how to fill them. Indian Clove sounds interesting. I will have to let you know how my new flavors are when I get them.