Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TexasMommy
Stats: 231.5restart/227.5/165 5'9", Female
WOE: Back to Basics
Start Date: Restart 10/1/12
Yesterday I ate dinner at my parents house. I scarfed a few pepperonis before dinner because I was hungry. My Mom made hamburger patties w/ onion and cream sauce. I also had green beans and a salad w/ cheese, more pepperoni, and ranch dressing.

Today:
b- one turkey sausage link
l- not sure, either a salad or I may have a lunch meeting at a restaurant of my choosing
d- not sure, need to go grocery shopping

I am still trying to quit smoking, so yesterday afternoon around 3 PM I used a nicotine patch (the first step 21mg). Right away it began to itch, but within 5 minutes I started getting hot flashes and sweating. Then came the nausea and dizzyness. I could get up from my desk and I had to have my folks drive all the way to the plant so that my Dad could drive my car and my Mom could drive my home. So, I guess using the patch to help curb my cravings won't work. damnit.

I have been struggling with finding the will to exercise. I know I need to include it in my program, but I am just not feeling it at all!! It is a lot harder with a 3 month old. I'm always taking care of him, doing housework when I have extra time, and spending time w/ my 9 year old. After that, I just want to lie down in my bed!

If anyone has any pointers... please feel free to add ur input!
TexasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Lord, that is a scary reaction to the patch! Wonder if that dose was too high?
My nicotene gum is still on the counter, still waiting on me..
I wouldn't sweat the exercise right now. You've got a lot on your plate, sweetie!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:47 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
Lord, that is a scary reaction to the patch! Wonder if that dose was too high?
My nicotene gum is still on the counter, still waiting on me..
I wouldn't sweat the exercise right now. You've got a lot on your plate, sweetie!
Yes, I believe it was. That is a high dosage. My best friend brought me some lower dose patches, but I'm still scared to try them. I have used nicotine gum before, but it always made my stomach hurt... I wish I could go cold turkey but it's so hard!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

I had a nice weekend. My best friend and I went out for a late lunch yesterday, and I am proud to say I didn't touch the rolls or order the chips and queso my friend suggested we get. We both had steak salads w/ ranch dressing.

My weight is still up... 214.5 this morning. At least it is down from the 215 I saw over the weekend. I have been trying to keep away from sodium, too high fat, and alcohol.

Today's Menu:
B- 4 deviled egg halves, coffee, vitamins
L- 1/2 cup non fat cottage cheese mixed with seasonings and 6 oz tuna, salad with cheese, bacon bits, and italian dressing.
D- Fried tuna patties. (6 oz tuna, 1 oz cream cheese, 1 egg) and tarter sauce. A veggie of some sort.
S (if i want one)- sugar free jello w/ sugar free cool whip.

I worked out on the Ab Lounge Fri, Sat, Sun.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Made it through one day not smoking today. No gum. It'll probably hit me tomorrow...
I smoked almost 2 packs last yesterday and it made me sick...
Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Food Plan for Today:
b- 1 oz cheese, beef jerky
l- grilled chicken salad w/ ranch
d- chicken thighs w/ broccoli or salad
s- sf jello w sf cool whip

I had several drinks last night, and my weight was way down this morning. 211.5. I need to drink a lot of water today to make up for it, and I need to wash down a couple Advil to relieve my hang over.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

I did the boozing Sunday night. Red wine at dinner, a couple of tequila shots at the blues bar. Danced my patootie off.
Then more wine later that night. What was I thinking?
Plus, I totally lose my inhibitions when it comes to eating carbs....
Old 06-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
I did the boozing Sunday night. Red wine at dinner, a couple of tequila shots at the blues bar. Danced my patootie off.
Then more wine later that night. What was I thinking?
Plus, I totally lose my inhibitions when it comes to eating carbs....
Yes, I totally know what you mean... I drank regular Sprite w/ one of my drinks!! How silly of me. I often catch myself rummaging the fridge after I drink. I usually don't eat anything, but if I was out drinking I think it would be harder to talk myself out of it.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

I went to bed fairly early last night and got some decent sleep. Little man stirred at Midnight, and then woke at 4 AM for his bottle. I went back to sleep until 7AM.

I was really hungry yesterday because I didn't eat any lunch. Dinner was chicken thighs fried in coconut oil w/ mayo and ketchup, some bacon, and broccoli. I also had sf jello w/ sf whip cream.

Today's Menu Plan:
b- water, salad w/ leftover ground turkey taco meat, cheese, 1 hb egg, italian dressing
l- 2 leftover chicken thighs w/ leftover steamed broccoli
d- meat and veggies/salad

The ex will be coming over today to visit w/ the kids. It should be a good day... we've been getting along pretty well recently.

Better go work on preparing for the audit I have on Monday.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Oh and weight was 214 lbs this morning.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Today's Weight: 211 lbs
Had two and a half shots of vodka last night. I guess I'm dehydrated again. Geeeeez.

The ex came over and we "talked". Actually he just argued with everything I said, which is freaking typical. He wonders why I'm so distant.... ummm maybe it's because you never like or accept ANYTHING I tell you.

Yesterday's dinner was 2 chicken thighs fried in coconut oil w/ roasted cauli.

Today's Planned Menu:
b- coffee, water, multi vit
l- leftover chicken thighs and roasted cauli
d- not sure yet...
Old 06-10-2011, 07:05 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Today's Weight: 211.5

Dinner yesterday was a fatty steak w/ mayo/ketchup sauce, cheese, and 4 eggs fried in coconut oil.

Today's Food Plan:
b- coffee w/ sf torani, 1 hamburger patty topped w/ tons of onions and mustard
l- grilled chicken salad w/ ranch dressing
d- don't know yet

I usually have sweetnlow in my coffee at work because that is the sweetner available there. I also use it at home because it is the taste I'm used to having grown up in a sweetnlow household. I've tried truvia, but I didn't think it was sweet enough. The sf hazelnut torani i used in my coffee this morning tastes good, so hopefully i can move away from the sweetnlow.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:36 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Hi sweetie! Have a good weekend also! Love your new avatar!
I'm staying home all weekend. The plan is to detox from carbs!
Sorry about T. Reminds me of someone!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Weight Today: 212

This weekend I didn't go grocery shopping until Sunday. I ate an entire package of Nathan's hotdogs over the weekend. Needless to say, I was up a couple pounds Sunday morning. But, at least all the hotdogs are gone. I really felt like cheating Saturday night. I even got out a pizza menu to my favorite pizza place in town and was going to call. How I managed not to, I have no idea.

I went with my Mom to a natural grocery store, and we both bought some awesome spices packaged at the store for exceptional prices.

Today's Food Plan:
B- protein shake (LC strawberry protein, 2 oz half n half, 4 oz coconut milk, 8 oz water, ice)
L- either a salad w/ FF cottage cheese and tuna, or I will go out w/ our auditor for lunch
D- meat w/ salad
Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMommy View Post
I really felt like cheating Saturday night. I even got out a pizza menu to my favorite pizza place in town and was going to call. How I managed not to, I have no idea.

I went with my Mom to a natural grocery store, and we both bought some awesome spices packaged at the store for exceptional prices.
Awesome Cass! Good work! Love you!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 06-13-2011 at 09:25 AM..
Old 06-14-2011, 07:10 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning Denise,

You seem to be in better spirits today. I'm so glad! You've been through so much in your lifetime, and since I've known you, you've never given up or been a failure. You push through everything, and you're here (which is what counts). You have always been and will continue to be an inspiration to me.

thanks sweetie, this means a lot to me!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Today's Weight: 213

Not happy with my weight gain today. I did eat at a BBQ restaurant for lunch yesterday w/ my managers. I had some boneless country ribs, smoked sausage, and thin sliced ham w/ a lettuce leaf salad with ranch dressing. The meat did have some spicy bbq sauce on it. Dinner yesterday was chicken thighs fried in coconut oil w/ a salad w/ italian dressing. Dessert was SF pudding cup w/ SF cool whip.

I remember losing last time with Low Carb, and it was so much easier. I also remember being much more motivated and excited with my loss. I had been so heavy and was experiencing health and mental problems, so my loss was so exciting and it pushed me because I felt wayyyy better than I did and it was new territory for me. This go round, I don't have health issues. I feel fine, even though I am still overweight. I just don't get that RUSH I did when seeing losses. I'm not in any big hurry to lose weight (although it would be nice not to bounce around like I am).

One thing I recalled last night about losing last time... I was hungry. I remember being hungry at night especially, because I would not eat a heavy dinner like I do these days. I know they say you aren't hungry (or shouldn't be) on a LC plan, but I was and that was how I lost back in 2008/09. I didn't eat after 6 or 7 PM and if I was hungry, I would just get through it and I would steadily lose weight. I used to LIKE the feeling of emptiness and being hungry because I knew I would weigh less the next day. I was making progress. Nowadays, I don't. I feel because I'm an experienced LCer I shouldn't have to be hungry.

I need to get back to basics. I'm going to be hungry and have cravings... it happens when you are dieting (no matter what diet or WOL you choose). I've got to get rid of this self righteous attitude I've got going and just accept it for what it is. I can't eat like I'm trying to maintain my weight and expect to lose weight. It just won't work like that.

Ok, introspect over.

Today's Meal Plan:
b- protein shake (ingredients same as yesterday except w/ low carb banana protein and a splash of vanilla SF torani)
l- romaine salad w/ water packed tuna, FF cottage cheese, parmesean, italian dressing
d- 2 chicken thighs w/ salad with ranch dressing and cheddar cheese

I know with today's meal plan, I will be hungry tonight. I'm going to see if this results in a loss tomorrow.

Last edited by TexasMommy; 06-14-2011 at 07:27 AM..
Old 06-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday!

Today's Weight: 213.5

I was pissed off this morning with my weight gain. How could I gain more?

Anywho, last night's dinner was roasted cauliflower w/ 96%lean ham made into a casserole w/ about 1 quarter cup half n half and a sprinkling of parm cheese.

No dessert.

On my way to work I realized that I feel pretty heavy "down there", and it hit me that I haven't started my period yet. So, hopefully that is the reason for my weight gain on the scale. According to my phone app, I'm 3 days late. But, I haven't had a regular cycle since giving birth and getting the Mirena. Hopefully now that I don't have the Mirena any longer, my cycles will regulate soon.

So, come on Aunt Flo, don't be shy.

Today's Food Plan:
b- coffee w/ cream and sf torani
l- leftover cauli/ham casserole and two small chicken thighs
d- not sure yet
Old 06-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

LOL

Weight Today: 208.5

Is it some sort of miracle I lost 5 pounds overnight?? NO.

It was the alcohol and a ton of diet coke.

Yesterday's dinner was a dish I threw together that was actually really good. I put about 1 TBL coconut oil in a glass baking dish, dumped in two drained cans of green beans, arranged four small, seasoned boneless pork chops on top of the green beans, and covered the beans and chops with alfredo sauce. I baked it covered with foil in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. I then took the foil off and sprinkled italian cheese on top and broiled for a few minutes.

Today's Food Plan:
b- coffee
l- left over pork chop and green bean casserole
s- sf pudding
d- ribeye with fried eggs in coconut oil
Old 06-17-2011, 07:07 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Weight: 210.5

Well, I caught up on some much needed sleep last night. My daughter stayed with her grandparents, so I was able to go to bed soon after my 4 month old went down for the night. He slept so well too and didn't wake until 6:45AM.

I'm attempting to drink my coffee w/o the powdered creamer junk I've been putting in my coffee at work. Terrible, I know. So, I've taken a couple sips of my black coffee w/ sf torani, and it is not gonna be easy I tell ya.

My daughter is staying the night with her best friend tonight, so it's going to be just me and little one again. I made a huge lunch to eat at work today, so I'm going to just have a protein shake for supper.

Today's Meal Plan:
b- low carb strawberry protein shake w/ water, half n half, coconut milk
l- 6 eggs scrambled w/ leftover taco turkey meat, cheese, little a1 sauce
d- low carb peaches and cream protein shake w/ water, half n half, coconut milk
Lots of water!

My best friend will be coming into town today with her boyfriend. I'm not sure if they are going to stay with me or get a motel room. Tomorrow, we are going to go out and have some fun! I can't wait... I really miss spending time with her. It sucks that my two best friends live in other states. I haven't seen my other friend since she moved to Pennsylvania two years ago.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

TOM finally started 7 days late. Better late than never.

I'm pretty disappointed in myself today. Saturday, I drank two beers and they triggered some major cravings. While coming home from a friend's house, I stopped at Taco Villa and bought burritos. Then Sunday, I woke craving carbs big time. I ate junk carbs and they didn't even taste good. For some reason, I thought that eating a few carbs wouldn't lead me down spiraling down... obviously I'm wrong about that. I'm trying hard to get back on track. It's TOM and I'm so hungry. ugh.

Today's Meal Plan:
b- protein shake, 1 scoop vanilla LC whey, water, coconut milk
b2- LC cheesy southwest soup
l- leftover hamburger meat w/ cream and onion "gravy" over brocolli.
d- don't know yet

I'm running low on groceries and money unfortunately. I going to browse the recipe section and see what I can do with the ingredients I have on hand at home, so I can try to make it until PAYDAY.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Hi sweetie, glad you had fun with your friends. It sucks about the cravings. I'm dealing with them again. Made 2 cakes yesterday and had two pieces. Need to get the rest to my dad at the rehab center tonight.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Did not weigh today

I'm going to be mostly M&E for a while to get my but back in ketosis.

I went grocery shopping last night and picked up some steaks, carnitas, and some hamburger meat. I had a nice steak last night topped with bacon and cheese w/ mayo/ls ketchup sauce.

I got home later than usual yesterday, so I didn't have time to prepare anything for work today. All I have at work is a package of tuna, which I'm about to eat with mustard (**changed mustard to ceasar dressing for more fat.)

Today:
b- coffee, lc protein shake w/ water, peaches n cream whey, coconut milk, half n half.
l- tuna w/ mustard (**changed mustard to ceasar dressing for more fat.)
d- meat w/ eggs fried in coconut oil w/ bacon
lots of water

Last edited by TexasMommy; 06-21-2011 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: updated food
Old 06-22-2011, 07:43 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Did not weigh

Yesterday went pretty well. Dinner was half of a huge mayo baked chicken breast and bacon. I think tonight I will cook up the zuchinni I've had sitting in the fridge for a while for my ex and daughter.

My ex called me late last night to let me know his Granddad passed away. He is upset with himself because he hadn't told him about our son being born. The last he spoke to him was back in January. I know he will look down on our sweet son and be proud, regardless.

This morning my Mom called... today is the second day of trying to get my son to learn to eat rice cereal. She said after the first bite he actually turned his head into the highchair seat in order to hide his little face. Poor little man. I'm going to look up other options. I didn't want to start any fruit until he was able to eat cereal and after going through veggies. Oh well, nothing ever goes just as planned with babies LOL. They do things their way and at their own pace...I'm just here to enjoy the ride.

Today's Meal Plan:
b- bacon and 3 eggs fried in bacon fat, coffee w/ 4 tea. hwc
l- leftover 1/2 large chk breast topped with mayo/parm sauce
d- meat/eggs
lots of water
Old 06-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Weight: 212.5

Dinner last night was a large hamburger patty seasoned w/ chopped jalapeno and topped w/ mayo, mustard, ls ketchup, cheese and pickles. lol, condiment city. I also snuck a few rounds of the baked zuchinni.

Drank several captain morgan lime bite/diet pepsi drinks last night with my ex. We are continuing on the path to reconcilliation, and I feel like we really connected. Although it's been over 8 years and I know how he is and who he is, there are things about his childhood that trouble him to an extent I did not realize.

Anywho, on to today.

Today's Meals:
b- 4 eggs scrambled in CO w/ cheddar cheese, coffee w/ 3tsp. HWC
l- 1 large leftover hamburger patty, mayo/mustard/ls ketchup w/ pickles and cheese
d- protein shake
lots of water

I will be going with T to his grandfather's burial next week. The service will be in Los Angeles, but the family will bury him somewhere in Central Texas (can't remember where). I'm not sure yet what to do about food during that time.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Weight is up again today.

Food Plan Today:
b- coffee w hwc, protein shake, 1 lc peanut butter cookie mom made
l- ribeye, green beans
d- green bean casserole

Today is a green bean day lol.

Have a great weekend everybody!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Drank several captain morgan lime bite/diet pepsi drinks last night with my ex. We are continuing on the path to reconcilliation, and I feel like we really connected. Although it's been over 8 years and I know how he is and who he is, there are things about his childhood that trouble him to an extent I did not realize.
Oh I can emphathize with this. You know what I've gone through on this front with B.
I'm back! Love you!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Did not weigh

I checked my weight over the weekend, and it was as high as 215 again. I think it was 212.5 Sunday morning. I have had some pretty strong cravings that I've been dealing with for almost two weeks. I tried meat and eggs to try and curb the cravings, but man can I over eat fatty foods. I gained three pounds over night by eating (2) fatty ribeyes, mayo, eggs, bacon, cheese.

Today is day 9 TOM!!! Give me a break AF!!

After spending my weekend indoors (111 degree high temperatures!!), I had some time to think about my eating plan. I need more variety in order to not eat SO MUCH of just a few foods. For the next few days, I'm going to do Fast 5 and see if I can teach my body and mental self that I can deal with hunger without binging like a maniac. When my window is open, I'm going to eat lower carb but give myself some more options. I won't go back to SAD, but I do want to be able to eat some potatoes or dreamfields pasta if I want.

That said, here is Today's Plan:

b- coffee w/ HWC
l- coffee or ls hot cocoa w/ HWC
d- brisket w/ broccoli and maybe some potatoes or eggs
lots of water and multivit
Old 06-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Dinner during my IF eating window was a success. I didn't pig out or go crazy like a wild animal when it was time to eat.

I had about 5-6 oz brisket, 3 eggs cooked in CO, and broccoli. I also had a diet RB over ice w/ a splash of HWC. Later I had 3 shots limebite w/ diet pepsi.

Today's Plan: Eating window opens at 2PM.
coffee w/ HWC, multivitamin
water
2 PM - cheese, canadian bacon
Dinner - Not sure yet...

Tomorrow after work my ex, myself, and the kids will be driving down to Dallas for his Grandfather's funeral. I have to get something to wear after work this evening, and I have to pack up my kids things. IF'ing should be easy to do since I'm too busy trying to get things together to think about what to eat. It is going to be a busy next few days. I hope I can visit my brother, SIL, and niece who live in the Dallas area while I'm there. I really miss them.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Hi sweetie, sorry about ex's grandfather!
Hope you can visit kin while you are down there.
I'm shooting for a good IF session today also.....*fingers crossed*