Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Hey sweetie! So glad you met someone nice that is meeting you needs. I have finally learned to take it slow also. I want to really know someone first. I know myself better and what I need in a relationship and will pay attention to all the red flags from here on out!
I start classes for medical assistant on Tuesday. I'll finally have a schedule after over 1.5 years. Excited to get back out in the world!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TexasMommy
Stats: 231.5restart/227.5/165 5'9", Female
WOE: Back to Basics
Start Date: Restart 10/1/12
Red flags! Yes! I ignored so many of those with the last guy. By the time it was over I was so relieved because inside I had known all along the relationship wasnt what I was looking for.

I'm so happy for you Denise - I've always thought that you deserve the best!

Do you remember us talking about some more "intimate" details about the relationship I'm currently in? He and I talked about it, so I will fill you in through private messaging or facebook.

I hope your classes go great! How long is the program?
TexasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMommy View Post
Red flags! Yes! I ignored so many of those with the last guy. By the time it was over I was so relieved because inside I had known all along the relationship wasnt what I was looking for.

I'm so happy for you Denise - I've always thought that you deserve the best!

Do you remember us talking about some more "intimate" details about the relationship I'm currently in? He and I talked about it, so I will fill you in through private messaging or facebook.

I hope your classes go great! How long is the program?
It ends January 13th, 13 weeks in all. It'll be nice if the I get the job there, it will save on gas if I have to work elsewhere in town.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Monday, Monday

Well, today is Day 15 back on strictly LC, no binging. This weekend, I ate more than I should have... all LC but too much HWC and hot dogs.

Last night, DD and I cooked dinner, and DBF came over. She and I made homemade brownies (not LC), pork chops, tator tots, and green beans. I had pork chops and green beans. They said the brownies were good, so I will have to believe them.

My 20 month old son was sooo good this weekend. He didn't throw many fits, except when my DD10 was acting mean and babyish. He feeds off of her bad attitude, and I've explained to her that she can take that crap to her bedroom LOL. I like my weekends to be peaceful and enjoyable! DS's favorite new word is NuhUh... anytime I ask for Sugs (kisses) he says NUHUH! Haha!! I ask him all the time just so I can hear him say no... He will say no to all kinds of stuff, but man ask him if he wants a snack and off he runs to the kitchen. I swear I love that boy to bits; he truly makes my life brighter.

DD made it into our city's choir earlier this year. Rehearsals began in August, and their first recital is October 30. I can't wait until then. I'm so stinkin' proud of her. She loves to sing... She is in the Girls' Prepatory Choir which means that they don't travel. When the get to the "bigger girls" Concert Choir, they will then have the opportunity to travel in the U.S. and overseas to perform. I am participating in optional fundraisers to raise money that goes into a "Tour Fund" for her when she does make it into the concert choir. It get expensive!! They said that the upcoming London tour will cost parents $5000. Sheesh. But, if she does get the opportunity to travel, I don't want lack of money to be the detterent.

Today's plan:
B- vienna sausages, mayo
L- 2 pork chops, green beans
D- hamburger patty w/ HWC onion gravy, salad

Liquids: water, coffee

My Journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ng-my-way.html
Old 10-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Here is a picture of DS. His sister decided he needed makeup, and he had a grand old time LOL. I can't believe in 4 months he will be 2 years old. Time has flown by so quickly! I want him to stay little!!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Weighed In :(

I have been reading here about a higher fat and lower protein plan. I have known for a couple years that my protein intake is rather high, but it is what makes me feel happy eating a LC plan. I like my meat lol... but that is a throwback to my capacity to overeat as well. I didn't want to give that up.

I decided yesterday to tweak my percentages in order to get lower protein and higher fat. I also weighed in this morning so that I could track that progress as well.

Oct 16 - 227 lbs
So that is down 4.5 pounds since Oct 1. That was not as much as I expected, so it was kind of a bummer. I had been binging on high carb prior, so I thought more would come off as water weight. Oh wells. It's my new starting point anyways.

Today's Macros:
Total Calories: 1873
Fat(g) Carbs(g) Net C(g) Prot(g) KCals
171.39 11.53 11.03 70.54 1873

Calorie Breakdown:
Carbohydrate (3%)
Fat (82%)
Protein (15%)

Protein grams are still higher than I would like, but I'm going to have to find a way to tweak things. I don't really like cream cheese, I think peanut butter is gross, and I don't like any nuts (they make my stomach hurt)... so... I will figure it out LOL.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

How cute is your son!!!
I've been inadvertently eating less protein because I only eat two "meals" now. 1 snack sometimes. Seems to be working. I tended to graze alot...overgraze. If'ing for about 6 hour window seems to work most of the time - I feel more in control.

Started school this morn, I'm overwhelmed to say the least. Keep fingers crossed that I get more sleep tonight. Yikes!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
How cute is your son!!!
I've been inadvertently eating less protein because I only eat two "meals" now. 1 snack sometimes. Seems to be working. I tended to graze alot...overgraze. If'ing for about 6 hour window seems to work most of the time - I feel more in control.

Started school this morn, I'm overwhelmed to say the least. Keep fingers crossed that I get more sleep tonight. Yikes!
I'm sure you will get the hang of school after a while. I do hope you get more sleep though! I slept good last night... only woke up once at 4AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

My DS is 20 months old, and he hasn't had a haircut until yesterday. I loved his beautiful soft curls, and I loved to run my fingers thru his hair when I was putting him down to sleep. But, it was getting in his eyes and looked crazy ALL THE TIME.

My Mom took him to the salon yesterday while I was was at work (my request). She said she asked him if he wanted to sit in the chair, and he said "Nuhuh". She asked if he wanted to sit on her lap and that got a yes lol. He did wonderfully. No crying or freaking out. He just sat on his Nana's lap and played with a hair clippy while getting it cut.

He looks older... not like my little baby anymore... but it's adorable and I will get over it lol.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

1 pound down

Today's breakdown:
154.66 11.53 11.03 74.87 1725

Calorie Breakdown:
Carbohydrate (2%)
Fat (81%)
Protein (17%)

A little over on the protein. My target is about 68 grams. Yesterday evening after a meal of 2 TBL CO and 3 eggs, my stomach didn't feel so hot. I am used to eating some CO each day, but I have increased it quite a bit.

This morning, I was going to eat the same meal as last night except 1 less egg, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it haha! I ate 3 oz chicken thighs with about 1 tbl cream cheese mixed with hot sauce.

Lunch is the same as yesterday. Ground beef with 1 tbl CO, 2 tbl mayo, 1 tbl reduced sugar ketchup, 3 jalapeno slices.

Oh, and I weighed in a 226 lbs this morning. That's 1 pound down from yesterday.

I'm going to keep my meals nearly the same. I really don't need the variety, and it's so much easier to track. Last night I made a batch of ground beef, and split it up into containers. I did the same with the chicken thighs and cream cheese/hotsauce mixture. I am set for a few days.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Oh, and I weighed in a 226 lbs this morning. That's 1 pound down from yesterday.
Woohoo! I'm so glad you are back!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Well, I forgot my dang lunch today. And, I didn't eat breakfast. The high fat foods weren't looking appetizing this morning lol. I did place an order on Netrition for some things that should help me, and I will get more cream cheese and stuff later. But, even thinking about coconut oil makes me gag...

Today:
109.88 9.20 8.95 60.46 1265

Calorie Breakdown:
Carbohydrate (3%)
Fat (78%)
Protein (19%)

Calories are pretty low, but I doubled up on food at dinner time. I'm going to have the ground beef and mayo and also about 5 oz of chicken thigh mixed with cream cheese and hot sauce. Around lunch time I will have coffee with cream and possibly a tbl of CO if I can tolerate thinking about it by then.

My weight this morning was: 225.5 lbs. Down half a pound.

I did drink almost one shot of liquor last night. I had a talk with my ex, and that is always alcohol inducing... lemme tell ya!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I did drink almost one shot of liquor last night. I had a talk with my ex, and that is always alcohol inducing... lemme tell ya!
Ahh, I remember those days all too well with B. The only way I could cope being around him toward the end. Long gone are those days! Cocktails are mostly limited to Saturday now...
You are doing grrrrrrrrreat!!!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 10-18-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Old 10-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ahh, I remember those days all too well with B. The only way I could cope being around him toward the end. Long gone are those days! Cocktails are mostly limited to Saturday now...
You are doing grrrrrrrrreat!!!

Thanks girl!! I hardly drink anymore either, or talk to ex lol! Our talking is usually limited to when he gets the kids, and I like it that way. Much less stressful.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Today's weight is the same as yesterday, 225.5.

I haven't been going "number 2" like I should be since starting this diet. Yesterday was the first time I've gone in a few days, and my stomach was hurting! I took a Mag pill last night, and woke around 4 AM with my stomach doing all kinds of crazy stuff! Yeesh!! That's probably why my weight isn't moving. I do have some flax, and when I get my ez sweet stuff in from Netrition, I will make a muffin to get things hopefully moving again.

Yesterday, I was starving when I got home. My breakdown changed, so here's the updated version:
131.00 12.00 9.50 57.08 1466

Carbohydrate (4%)
Fat (80%)
Protein (16%)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today will look like this:
122.27 8.20 8.20 69.53 1438

Carbohydrate (2%)
Fat (77%)
Protein (21%)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been trying to learn some French for my boyfriend, Blas. It's fun! I downloaded an app on my phone, and I've been using it at night. He texts me in French and I'm learning slowly. I will need to take some classes at the college or something though. He asked me if over the summer I would go back home with him to visit his family. His parents do not speak English, only French.. so, I better get to learning.

Last edited by TexasMommy; 10-19-2012 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Today's weight is the same as yesterday, 225.5.

I haven't been going "number 2" like I should be since starting this diet. Yesterday was the first time I've gone in a few days, and my stomach was hurting! I took a Mag pill last night, and woke around 4 AM with my stomach doing all kinds of crazy stuff! Yeesh!! That's probably why my weight isn't moving. I do have some flax, and when I get my ez sweet stuff in from Netrition, I will make a muffin to get things hopefully moving again.

Yesterday, I was starving when I got home. My breakdown changed, so here's the updated version:
131.00 12.00 9.50 57.08 1466

Carbohydrate (4%)
Fat (80%)
Protein (16%)
Today will look like this:
122.27 8.20 8.20 69.53 1438

Carbohydrate (2%)
Fat (77%)
Protein (21%)

I have been trying to learn some French for my boyfriend, Blas. It's fun! I downloaded an app on my phone, and I've been using it at night. He texts me in French and I'm learning slowly. I will need to take some classes at the college or something though. He asked me if over the summer I would go back home with him to visit his family. His parents do not speak English, only French.. so, I better get to learning.
How fun with the French!!! I haven't been pooping good either. LOL
Been thinking all week I need to make some flaxmeal bread. I remember "moving good" when I ate that.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Friday I slipped up, eating chocolate candy (reeces, hershey, kitkat). That led to me not being on plan over the course of the weekend as well. Once again, I have found that restrictive eating like the high fat and lower protein plan leads to binging for me.

So, it's back to a more moderate LC plan. I've almost undone all of this month's loss. This morning I weighed 230.

Other than that, this weekend was really great. Saturday, I got a text from a guy I dated 10 years ago (still friends), and he said he got a new crotch rocket and he wanted to stop by. He took me to his parents house (who I haven't seen in 10 years), and he took me to the first place we went to when he got a motorcycle 10 years ago when we first dated. It was a lake overlook near our houses. He is a romantic at heart, but I'm not interested in any relationship with him beyond friends. My boyfriend came over that evening as well, and we watched movies and enjoyed our time together.

Sunday, my daughter and I made homemade cookies. I had five too many of those. Jax and I hung out most of Sunday and didn't even leave the house. My kinda day!

Food:
b- coffee, bacon and eggs
l- possibly a taco salad w/ ranch and salsa or just wait till dinner
d- pork sirloin chop, green beans

Last edited by TexasMommy; 10-22-2012 at 08:24 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a fun weekend! The weather was gorgeous here!
I find I have to stay off the scale after a carb up day, it's just water Cass, it'll come back off. I"m lucky I can isolate myself and not have to cook for others. I don't see how you mothers do it!!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sounds like a fun weekend! The weather was gorgeous here!
I find I have to stay off the scale after a carb up day, it's just water Cass, it'll come back off. I"m lucky I can isolate myself and not have to cook for others. I don't see how you mothers do it!!
Thanks Denise! I'm not too worried about it. I was doing pretty good at the beginning of the month with a more moderate LC plan (although losing slower), but I had to go and switch it up. Lesson learned! I back and feeling good.

Usually, I don't have any problem cooking for my kiddos. They mostly eat what I do anyhow. I have been baking more high carb cookies and brownies though, but that is because I am enjoying letting the kids help me. As long as my LC plan is satisfying and not too restrictive, I do great!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Bonjour!

My weight today is 228.5 lbs.

Here is yesterday's breakdown:
163.08 18.00 16.60 81.50 1936

Carbohydrate (4%)
Fat (76%)
Protein (20%)

That was only eating breakfast and dinner. Moving forward, I may just do coffee with cream at breakfast, and then have a lunch and dinner. We will see if having over 2000 calories a day will hinder my weight loss or not in the days to come.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's plan so far:
81.08 19.76 17.56 73.03 1108

That is breakfast and lunch. Dinner will just be meat and possibly eggs since I'm pretty high on carbs already.

Hopefully I can lose a bit more today, and get closer to where I was before I effed up!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Usually, I don't have any problem cooking for my kiddos. They mostly eat what I do anyhow. I have been baking more high carb cookies and brownies though, but that is because I am enjoying letting the kids help me. As long as my LC plan is satisfying and not too restrictive, I do great!
Cool Beans
Old 10-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Posted some progress pictures from the old forum. Ah....memories
Old 10-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Posted some progress pictures from the old forum. Ah....memories
On my way to check them out!!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Weight today: 227.5

Here is updated food info from yesterday:
Fat(g).. Carbs(g) Net C(g) Prot(g).. KCals
125.58. 26.76.... 20.56.... 104.53. 1645

Carbohydrate (6%)
Fat (69%)
Protein (25%)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is going to look like this:
Fat(g).. Carbs(g) Net C(g) Prot(g) KCals
135.47. 28.73.....23.23.....123.98 1791

Carbohydrate (6%)
Fat (68%)
Protein (26%)

There is a meeting going on all day today, and I ordered catering for lunch. While they enjoy chicken fried steak with green beans and mashed potatoes, I am going to be eating a salad with buffalo chicken/cream cheese.

I have been cooking more in advance so that I have easy grab-and-go meals to bring to work. It is helping so much and saving me money from going out and getting lunch.

Looking forward to another day of being on plan.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Oh!! Can't believe I just remembered.

Today is 1 month from when I quit smoking!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Got the lunch spread set up in the breakroom. I grabbed some of that salad with ranch and will save the salad I brought for lunch tomorrow. I heated up my chicken breast/cream cheese mixture and ate in my office. I have decided that I just reallllly don't like cream cheese!! I forced some of it down, but I threw half of my lunch away. I have two more containers waiting in the refridgerator at home too!! booo. I hope Caity will like it...

No wonder it was hard for me doing high fat. I don't like coconut oil by itself, "fat bombs", in coffee - I don't like peanut butter or cream cheese... but I do love MAYO haha!! Oh well. I do like cheesecake, so I will use my last two packages of cream cheese for the muffins and see how those are.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh!! Can't believe I just remembered.

Today is 1 month from when I quit smoking!
CONGRATULATIONS That is soooo awesome girl! Nov. 4th will be 3 months for me. Think of the money and lungs we are saving!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS That is soooo awesome girl! Nov. 4th will be 3 months for me. Think of the money and lungs we are saving!!!
I know right?! You are doing fantastic!!

The days are so much easier now... I really thought that smoking was stress-relieving... Now that I'm not a raging B after hell week - I realize that I am much lessed stressed on a day to day basis then when I was smoking.

The money savings is just sick lol. I'm proud of us!!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Today's Weight: 228

I went wayyyy over on calories yesterday. Whoops!! No wonder I gained half a pound!

Yesterday:
Fat(g).. Carbs(g) Net C(g) Prot(g) KCals
206.43. 34.78... 23.88.....156.01.. 2584

Carbohydrate (5%)
Fat (72%)
Protein (23%)

Today's Plan:
Fat(g). Carbs(g) Net C(g) Prot(g) KCals
132.88 21.92... 17.52......93.35...1661

Carbohydrate (5%)
Fat (72%)
Protein (23%)

I am going to try and keep calories around 1600-1700 as I seem to lose at that range. I have to keep them under 2000 at least LOL.

I ate a large breakfast, and I'm not going to eat lunch today. Dinner will be fried eggs with a package of corned beef lunch meat.

I have to finish working on my Global Warming paper today. I think I have 1/4 of a page to write until it's completed. Yay! Then I have a major exam in Accounting and a test in Environmental Science I need to take before Sunday evening.

Last edited by TexasMommy; 10-25-2012 at 07:30 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I have to finish working on my Global Warming paper today. I think I have 1/4 of a page to write until it's completed. Yay! Then I have a major exam in Accounting and a test in Environmental Science I need to take before Sunday evening.
Working full time, school, kids? How are you doing all of this!!! Awesomeness