Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
The REST of the Story, experiment to goal

Ok my friends, I hope you can find me here.. I am moving forward with my plan and have finally come to terms that it is going to be Atkins for the rest of my journey and beyond. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the experiments I have done, but it is TIME to just accept the slower losses and be HAPPY.

Like Pati says, I can't be FAT and HAPPY, they just don't go together FOR ME. I have not weighed today, but I am pretty certain I am back to the 190's again. I am not going to beat myself up about it, I just know that doing the HCG diet has done all it is going to do for me at this time. I need a break from it.

I have decided to do the Atkins plan. With less food. I always seem to go hog wild when I do Atkins, but that has to change now. I don't eat out of hunger, because I don't have any. I eat because I CAN. Now I will get myself into the frame of mind that enough is enough. I can enjoy the foods I love, but I don't have to gorge on them. Be satisfied with a bit less.

I can also exercise! Yes, what a concept! I am beginning to really like it again. No more back and forth with the plans, all it is doing is having me spinning my wheels... The last few months I have pretty much stayed the same.. with some ups and downs.

So without further ADOOOOOO, I welcome you to my new life... anyone is welcome to join me, or continue with your plan that works for YOU!! I am just happy to have you with me...

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #2

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
yay, I'm the first to post in your new journal...lol. The protocol is a wonderful tool...it has taken a lot of us far. However when the time is up, it's up and you HAVE to be there mentally or it's doomed to fail. You know I'll be here to cheer you on my friend.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
yay, I'm the first to post in your new journal...lol. The protocol is a wonderful tool...it has taken a lot of us far. However when the time is up, it's up and you HAVE to be there mentally or it's doomed to fail. You know I'll be here to cheer you on my friend.
THANK YOU SHARI!! Yeah, you are number 1 !... Yes ma'am, it is a wonderful thing, and I know I would not be where I am today without it!! I just also knew it was time for a break, you are so right! When I am mentally not there, I am doomed.... no more struggling for me right now... I am excited again!..
Old 05-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
...and you thought you can hide from me?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Ok my friends, I hope you can find me here.. I am moving forward with my plan and have finally come to terms that it is going to be Atkins for the rest of my journey and beyond. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the experiments I have done, but it is TIME to just accept the slower losses and be HAPPY.

Like Pati says, I can't be FAT and HAPPY, they just don't go together FOR ME. I have not weighed today, but I am pretty certain I am back to the 190's again. I am not going to beat myself up about it, I just know that doing the HCG diet has done all it is going to do for me at this time. I need a break from it.

I have decided to do the Atkins plan. With less food. I always seem to go hog wild when I do Atkins, but that has to change now. I don't eat out of hunger, because I don't have any. I eat because I CAN. Now I will get myself into the frame of mind that enough is enough. I can enjoy the foods I love, but I don't have to gorge on them. Be satisfied with a bit less.

I can also exercise! Yes, what a concept! I am beginning to really like it again. No more back and forth with the plans, all it is doing is having me spinning my wheels... The last few months I have pretty much stayed the same.. with some ups and downs.

So without further ADOOOOOO, I welcome you to my new life... anyone is welcome to join me, or continue with your plan that works for YOU!! I am just happy to have you with me...
I am sooooooo loving your newfound attitude about your diet and what you need to keep your sanity!!! I am here to root you on every step of the way, my dear friend!!!!

YOU CAN ROCK THIS!! I know you can!

Quote:
You beat me!!!!

Quote:
THANK YOU SHARI!! Yeah, you are number 1 !... Yes ma'am, it is a wonderful thing, and I know I would not be where I am today without it!! I just also knew it was time for a break, you are so right! When I am mentally not there, I am doomed.... no more struggling for me right now... I am excited again!..
RIGHT ON!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
...and you thought you can hide from me?!?!?

I am sooooooo loving your newfound attitude about your diet and what you need to keep your sanity!!! I am here to root you on every step of the way, my dear friend!!!!

YOU CAN ROCK THIS!! I know you can!

You beat me!!!!

RIGHT ON!!!!
THANKS Pati!!! It is because of such a simple statement to me yesterday that I have made this decision. I said I was HUNGRY, you said, why not do Atkins... DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Light bulb... I swear some things are right in front of my face and I don't see them...

So again THANK YOU MY DEAR!!!! I am just in such a great mood since my decision was made.. IT IS MADE, and I am sticking to it!!!... oh yeah baby!.. already today, I had my gorgeous steak this morning and I am still not a bit hungry for anything else. I am having a salad for dinner, and honestly that should do me fine. LOVE IT LOVE IT!...
Old 05-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
THANKS Pati!!! It is because of such a simple statement to me yesterday that I have made this decision. I said I was HUNGRY, you said, why not do Atkins... DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Light bulb... I swear some things are right in front of my face and I don't see them...

So again THANK YOU MY DEAR!!!! I am just in such a great mood since my decision was made.. IT IS MADE, and I am sticking to it!!!... oh yeah baby!.. already today, I had my gorgeous steak this morning and I am still not a bit hungry for anything else. I am having a salad for dinner, and honestly that should do me fine. LOVE IT LOVE IT!...

OHHHH THE BEAUTY OF ATKINS!!! No hunger

I am going to live through you for a while then be with you in a few weeks

Again, soooooo happy for you!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #7

Quote:

OHHHH THE BEAUTY OF ATKINS!!! No hunger

I am going to live through you for a while then be with you in a few weeks

Again, soooooo happy for you!
THAT IS PERFECT!!! love it!!! thanks Hon, I will try to report my meals so you can live through me till you get there....

So excited for YOU TOO!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Ahhh, I see you have a new journal!

I totally missed this the first time around, and only found it via the link in your old journal.

I wish you the best of luck with your new plan, Deb. Just remember that you are a lot smaller now, and can't eat as much as you once did. Calories do count, even in Atkins! Hurray for getting your workouts in!

Pati - How are you doing with your plan, hon? I hope you're killing it!

As for me, I'm stalled out at 10 lbs lost, and am finding myself snacking at night after having a perfect day. :blush: Methinks that I need a refeed tomorrow, to get that "snackiness" out of my system, and hopefully get my fat loss back on the fast track (so to speak. ).

The good news is that my workouts continue to go great, and I haven't missed one in my rotation (I'm in the 10th of 12 weeks) yet!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #9

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
HIYA DEB!

I found ya! I'll be here to cheer you on!
Old 05-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #10

Deb~I can feel your excitement and it's contagious!

Pati~ I don't know how I beat you to it...

Laura~how do you refeed? Do you eat what you want for a day then go back to your plan? WTG with staying on exercise track!!
Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Hey Deb,

I feel you on the Atkins deal, it is so much more satisfying. I had that same talk with myself to accept the smaller losses and move on. I was just under too much stress. At least there is more variety. I lost 52 pounds doing Atkins so we know that it works. I like the fact that the hunger is not there, not even mentally. I have to remind myself that I haven't eaten. So I am here as well to cheer you on.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
I totally missed this the first time around, and only found it via the link in your old journal.

I wish you the best of luck with your new plan, Deb. Just remember that you are a lot smaller now, and can't eat as much as you once did. Calories do count, even in Atkins! Hurray for getting your workouts in!

As for me, I'm stalled out at 10 lbs lost, and am finding myself snacking at night after having a perfect day. :blush: Methinks that I need a refeed tomorrow, to get that "snackiness" out of my system, and hopefully get my fat loss back on the fast track (so to speak. ).

The good news is that my workouts continue to go great, and I haven't missed one in my rotation (I'm in the 10th of 12 weeks) yet!
Hi Laura!! glad you found me! .. YES MAAM! I know I cannot eat unlimited foods anymore... I just can't. I am ok with that because I just don't have the hunger and I can stop at ENOUGH. Thank you for the support and I know you will figure out the fat loss game again REAL SOON! A refeed sounds good, especially since you are exercising so much! Go Laura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
HIYA DEB!

I found ya! I'll be here to cheer you on!
Thank you Meek!!! I am so happy to see you here, I love the support my friend!

Quote:
Deb~I can feel your excitement and it's contagious!

Laura~how do you refeed? Do you eat what you want for a day then go back to your plan? WTG with staying on exercise track!!
Thanks Shari! I am STILL EXCITED!... I had my steak this morning, and then came home and worked out, I am not hungry yet! WHAT??? Loving it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Hey Deb,

I feel you on the Atkins deal, it is so much more satisfying. I had that same talk with myself to accept the smaller losses and move on. I was just under too much stress. At least there is more variety. I lost 52 pounds doing Atkins so we know that it works. I like the fact that the hunger is not there, not even mentally. I have to remind myself that I haven't eaten. So I am here as well to cheer you on.
HI Loretta!!! So good to see you here too!.. YES, I feel the same way you do about Atkins.. so much variety, and honestly no more stress. I feel so FREE!!! How silly am I? It's true though, I feel energized and happy today. Such a big turnaround from my depression last week. I had just had enough of trying to be GOOD, and stick to the plan... I needed a break bad!

So we can do this thing and be happy too!.. So encouraging!! I am right there cheering you on too!! Thank you for your support
Old 05-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Funny you should ask that, Shari - I just got done sending Meek an email with what I was going to have on my refeed tomorrow!

Yes, in theory that's what you'd do, and the idea is to jolt one's metabolism into weight-loss mode again by eating more calories and carbs in a day than normal. Here's hoping that it works!

Thanks, but I love to exercise, so it's not a big deal that I'm sticking to my workouts. It'd be a big deal if I wasn't working out! I'm doing the Chalean Extreme(CLX)/Turbo Jam (TJ) rotation, and am almost done with it. I'll have to figure out what to do after I finish - maybe a hybrid of CLX/TJ and kettlebells...

Quote:
Hi Laura!! glad you found me! .. YES MAAM! I know I cannot eat unlimited foods anymore... I just can't. I am ok with that because I just don't have the hunger and I can stop at ENOUGH. Thank you for the support and I know you will figure out the fat loss game again REAL SOON! A refeed sounds good, especially since you are exercising so much! Go Laura!
I knew you knew that, but some folks in the Main Lobby are under the impression that calories don't seem to count when one is eating LC, and I didn't want you to fall into that trap. I mean seriously, do they think that LC calories are somehow magical or something? A calorie is a calorie, and while I agree that they're better "spent" on protein and healthier fats (and some nice crispy bacon on occasion! ) than on empty processed carbage, they all still add up at the end of the day. How some people can think that they can eat unlimited LC calories and not gain weight is beyond me...

Okay, I gotta go and do my cardio now!

Last edited by Firm Hottie; 05-11-2011 at 04:44 PM..
Old 05-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Funny you should ask that, Shari - I just got done sending Meek an email with what I was going to have on my refeed tomorrow!

Yes, in theory that's what you'd do, and the idea is to jolt one's metabolism into weight-loss mode again by eating more calories and carbs in a day than normal. Here's hoping that it works!

Thanks, but I love to exercise, so it's not a big deal that I'm sticking to my workouts. It'd be a big deal if I wasn't working out! I'm doing the Chalean Extreme(CLX)/Turbo Jam (TJ) rotation, and am almost done with it. I'll have to figure out what to do after I finish - maybe a hybrid of CLX/TJ and kettlebells...

I knew you knew that, but some folks in the Main Lobby are under the impression that calories don't seem to count when one is eating LC, and I didn't want you to fall into that trap. I mean seriously, do they think that LC calories are somehow magical or something? A calorie is a calorie, and while I agree that they're better "spent" on protein and healthier fats (and some nice crispy bacon on occasion! ) than on empty processed carbage, they all still add up at the end of the day. How some people can think that they can eat unlimited LC calories and not gain weight is beyond me...

I know Laura, that always amazes me too... I have always known Cals count, but did not always follow that advice... now.. I am..
Old 05-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
Ok lol here you are too!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by obraxton View Post
Ok lol here you are too!
HI Dessa!! you found me!... Glad you are over the worst part and are on your way to a new life!! Yippee!!!!..
Old 05-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
Thanks, Deb...still alot of work to do, but we're going to do it. My diet after I settle into one is basically high protein, low carb for life, so I'm here to stay.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I Am trying to kill it!!! 3 days = -5lbs? Not too shabby But I am SHRINKING!!! Smaller jeans baby!!!! (and a huge surprise to me which was great ) ...

Quote:

Speedy Gonzalez

BTW - I am glad you asked the refeed question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Hey Deb,

I am so glad you too found something to work for you! It's what's important!!! You be happy with it and accept it! ROCK ATKINS LADIES!!!

Quote:

Okay, I am going to follow you closely on the refeed. Not because I am planning on one (I actually have to eat p3 on Saturday and hoping it doesn't screw up my whole week) but because I know weight lifters do this and it works. You do loads of exercise so I am sure you will do just fine. Make sure to keep us posted ok!!! (also let us know what your refeed consisted of)

Is that refeed today?

Quote:
Ok lol here you are too!
Is that you in the avi?!?!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

DEB!! How dare I not say hello to the host?!?!?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb & friends!

Deb - Good girl!

Pati - yep, the refeed is today, and I plan on enjoying every minute of it!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hey Deb & friends!

Deb - Good girl!

Don't blame you! ENJOY!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Thanks, Deb...still alot of work to do, but we're going to do it. My diet after I settle into one is basically high protein, low carb for life, so I'm here to stay.
YEAH!! I am so happy for you! Are you feeling ok? Are you able to have anything to eat yet? Is is just liquids for now? In any case, I am cheering you on my friend!

Quote:
DEB!! How dare I not say hello to the host?!?!?
Hi Patikins!! Great loss so far, and ESPECIALLY being in smaller jeans.. that is awesome!!...Keep it up!

Quote:
Hey Deb & friends!

Deb - Good girl!

Hi Laura!! enjoy the dickens out of the refeed day!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #23

Ok so I was so busy this morning when I got to work, I forgot to check in! I LOVE ATKINS!! did I say that yet?...'

Had a lovely bacon and egg breakfast...

Lunch I am eating now, a recipe from Linda Sue for some yummy meatballs.. and they are tender and delish!!!! I am having cooked veges, because after last nights salad I had a horrible tummy ache... it went away, but that usually happens when I eat raw veges as much as I LOVE THEM!..

Tonight, If I am hungry, I will decide when I get home what to have.. not sure yet..

NO HUNGER IS AWESOME!!!! plus yummy food when I am... who could ask for more??

I peed up a storm last night, so I KNOW I had a nice big ole water woosh!! Feel so much better when I am not bloated...
Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #25

Quote:
Sorry Pati, but you will be there soon! Enjoy your P3 weekend anyway... just not too much....
Old 05-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #26

Quote:
Hey Deb & friends!

Deb - Good girl!

Thanks for the info..please let me know how it go for you. Yup, enjoy!!

Quote:
Ok so I was so busy this morning when I got to work, I forgot to check in! I LOVE ATKINS!! did I say that yet?...'

Had a lovely bacon and egg breakfast...

Lunch I am eating now, a recipe from Linda Sue for some yummy meatballs.. and they are tender and delish!!!! I am having cooked veges, because after last nights salad I had a horrible tummy ache... it went away, but that usually happens when I eat raw veges as much as I LOVE THEM!..

Tonight, If I am hungry, I will decide when I get home what to have.. not sure yet..

NO HUNGER IS AWESOME!!!! plus yummy food when I am... who could ask for more??

I peed up a storm last night, so I KNOW I had a nice big ole water woosh!! Feel so much better when I am not bloated...
Congrats Deb!!

Quote:

Too cute...

everyone else!!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Sorry Pati, but you will be there soon! Enjoy your P3 weekend anyway... just not too much....
Day! not full weekend...just 1 day (if i decide to do it ~trying to be realllly good! )
Old 05-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #28

Quote:
Day! not full weekend...just 1 day (if i decide to do it ~trying to be realllly good! )
OOOOOOOOOOOO ok,only 1 day.... then you got nothing to worry about...
Old 05-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey Deb! I followed your journal, oh, about two journals ago! I've come in to check to see what's going on but haven't posted. Just want to cheer you on with the Atkins. I wanted to post because I'm on day 10 of induction. I've done Atkins before and I start eating so many calories I gain weight. You are so right about calories counting. I also miss fudge bars!

Rah rah to ya!!

Laura
Old 05-13-2011, 04:07 AM   #30

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Happy Friday, Deb , enjoy the weekend!!
Closed Thread