Old 05-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Hola, Deb & friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
HIYA Laura!! Good to see you ... Yes, they are very scarey, I went through one when I was 18 in a mobile home... talk about being SKEERED!! yikes, we got so lucky that is was tied down well, and the twister just skimmed over the roof top... took out all the trees at that level. So strange to see, but it was just not our time.

Now when I used to eat Steak and burgers.. I could really pile it in!!! Now though, a steak is maybe 5 oz. and a burger is just a single... amazing how that works as your appetite goes down...

Tonight I am having a breakfast burrito... using a 3 net carb tortilla.. I'm feeling a bit backwards today anyway...
Hopefully you guys won't have to worry about any more tornados anytime soon.

Nothing wrong with piling into a nice big steak or hamburger. In fact, I'll be doing just that come Monday! I found a great deal on t-bone steaks and ground chuck today at the grocery store!

I love breakfast dinners! Just had one Wednesday night. What LC tortillas are you using? 3 net carbs is great!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Hola, Deb & friends!

Hopefully you guys won't have to worry about any more tornados anytime soon.

Nothing wrong with piling into a nice big steak or hamburger. In fact, I'll be doing just that come Monday! I found a great deal on t-bone steaks and ground chuck today at the grocery store!

I love breakfast dinners! Just had one Wednesday night. What LC tortillas are you using? 3 net carbs is great!
Thanks Laura! I am using Mama Lupes! Love the wrap. 3 net carbs, can't beat it!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #153

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
I hope you are doing well today - have a good one - and a fabulous weekend!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks Laura! I am using Mama Lupes! Love the wrap. 3 net carbs, can't beat it!
Do you order them from Netrition, or get them locally? If locally, where are you getting them from?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
I hope you are doing well today - have a good one - and a fabulous weekend!
Hey Meek!! I am doing well, and I hope you are too!!... I think we MIGHT get sunshine today!! and all weekend!!.. WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Have a great holiday weekend all!..
Old 05-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #156

Quote:
Do you order them from Netrition, or get them locally? If locally, where are you getting them from?
I have ordered from here, but I get them at Super Walmart. Much more convenient if yours has them.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have ordered from here, but I get them at Super Walmart. Much more convenient if yours has them.
Sweet - I'm planning a trip to Wally World this weekend. I'll put them on my list and see if I can find a good coupon for them.

Thanks for the info, hon!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #158

Quote:
Sweet - I'm planning a trip to Wally World this weekend. I'll put them on my list and see if I can find a good coupon for them.

Thanks for the info, hon!
Anytime!!! Have a great weekend!!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #159

Deb. Did you try JUDDD with HCG? If so, how did it go?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #160

Quote:
Deb. Did you try JUDDD with HCG? If so, how did it go?
YES! I really liked it for about 3 weeks, then I noticed whatever I lost on the down days, would reappear on the up days. I had a hard time ajusting the calories between days. I think it would work wonderful if I could figure out for ME, what I can actually eat on the UP days and not gain.

I know I cannot eat unlimited amounts like some do. I have to keep it under control. THEN on the down days, I hate eating 500, so I usually stayed closer to 700. Like I said, if you can work out a balancing your cals on up/med and down days. It is a great plan

Last edited by Deb294evr; 05-27-2011 at 11:06 AM..
Old 05-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #161

Quote:
YES! I really liked it for about 3 weeks, then I noticed whatever I lost on the down days, would reappear on the up days. I had a hard time ajusting the calories between days. I think it would work wonderful if I could figure out for ME, what I can actually eat on the UP days and not gain.

I know I cannot eat unlimited amounts like some do. I have to keep it under control. THEN on the down days, I hate eating 500, so I usually stayed closer to 700. Like I said, if you can work out a balancing your cals on up/med and down days. It is a great plan
Thanks for sharing. Did you stick to LC or did you eat whatever?

Leo41 chimed in on my post -- he didn't understand why I was combining JUDDD and HCG. He said I should UP my cals to maintenance level on my UP day and then drop them back down on a DD. I am afraid to do that because I don't want to gain.. just want to lose on both days. But, now that I think about it, it kind of makes sense to maintain the weight loss from the previous day . I am trying to figure this all out - as I want to continue to lose, but eat more than 500 calories on some days. I don't know... hate to sound unstable, but... .

Old 05-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #162

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Did you stick to LC or did you eat whatever?

Leo41 chimed in on my post -- he didn't understand why I was combining JUDDD and HCG. He said I should UP my cals to maintenance level on my UP day and then drop them back down on a DD. I am afraid to do that because I don't want to gain.. just want to lose on both days. But, now that I think about it, it kind of makes sense to maintain the weight loss from the previous day . I am trying to figure this all out - as I want to continue to lose, but eat more than 500 calories on some days. I don't know... hate to sound unstable, but... .

Meek. That is exactly how I felt!!! I loved the idea of JUDDD because 500 cals a day is so hard for any length of time. I wanted to maintain on my up days and at first I did. Then I started eating too many cals on my up days and gained. UGGGG.

I did not stay LC then. That might have helped. I really think it can be done. Don't worry about sounding unstable... we all have to search to finally find what works for us!!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #163

Thanks for understanding. I have a set amount of cals to follow, and as long as I stay within my ranges, I should be fine. We'll see...
Old 05-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
Hope you're having a great weekend and enjoying that resort you have in your backyard
Old 05-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb & friends!

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryl0423 View Post
Hope you're having a great weekend and enjoying that resort you have in your backyard
I know - Deb doesn't even have to leave her proerty to have a resort experience!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:22 AM   #166

Quote:
Thanks for understanding. I have a set amount of cals to follow, and as long as I stay within my ranges, I should be fine. We'll see...
The really nice thing about JUDDD is that you can experiment on the numbers until you figure out what works for you! Don't feel bad if the numbers don't fall into a nice little pattern, our bodies don't really KNOW what numbers are...

You WILL figure it out though. There is a fine line between what we THINK we want to work, and what ACTUALLY does.. trial and error!

Best of everything to ya my dear!!! Have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryl0423 View Post
Thanks for stopping by Sheryl! YES INDEED my backyard resort has been serving us well this weekend! I have spent the last 2 and a half days out there... just chilling out and relaxing... some wine. some good music.. some pool rafts... HEAVEN!!

Quote:
Hey Deb & friends!

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday weekend.

I know - Deb doesn't even have to leave her proerty to have a resort experience!
Thanks Laura!! I have totally enjoyed my weekend so far!! we BBQ'd some wonderful meats... steak, pork, burgers... all Low Carb of course!! HEAVEN!!! wow.. I really LOVE spring/summer ... ya'all come on by!...
Old 05-30-2011, 07:23 AM   #167

Deb, I can't wait to move into our new home next month. We have a HUGE backyard and we plan on grilling out every night! . Ima need you to stop by one weekend to help me create my very own oasis... and I want mines to look just like yours (-minus the pool ) .

Have a good day, and enjoy yourself!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #168

Quote:
Deb, I can't wait to move into our new home next month. We have a HUGE backyard and we plan on grilling out every night! . Ima need you to stop by one weekend to help me create my very own oasis... and I want mines to look just like yours (-minus the pool ) .

Have a good day, and enjoy yourself!
OH FOR SURE!!.....girl you must do it... you will be forever loving your backyard!..... Seriously just having a relaxing space after work, is such a stress reliever... I WISH I could find a way to keep it up during the winter too.. but gosh darn it I don't live in the right climate...

Now we have even thought of extending part of the house into sort of a year round green house area... glassed in to keep my tropicals alive, yet able to go to screens in the nice seasons... Of course that will be after the last kiddo leaves the nest because right now we cannot afford such a luxury...

Enjoy your new place!! So excited for you and Dessa! We have lived here for 18 years now, and I watch all these shows about new houses.. but honestly we have everything we need here, just updating things as we go... this will be our place forever most likely...
Old 05-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #169

couple more backyard pics, also there are some in my photos on facebook.. This is small, but it is the view from my top deck. We actually have 3 levels of decks.. my poor husband, he built them all!

my little outdoors bar..

Old 05-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #170

OMG! So beautiful. I bet you all through major parties in the summer. Girl, I will be in that pool everyday!! I love swimming!

3 decks?! . WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #171

Quote:
OMG! So beautiful. I bet you all through major parties in the summer. Girl, I will be in that pool everyday!! I love swimming!

3 decks?! . WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!
YEP!! summer parties are a must.. and trying to tell my kids that it does not go for them.... is tough... just kidding, they have plenty of time out there with friends also.

We are VERY lucky that we live in a part of the US where we can afford such things.. this place on either coast would be RIDICULOUS!... in price... no way we could afford it, so I just enjoy it and be thankful...

Speaking of thankful, I am heading out back now for BBQ lunch time!..
Enjoy your day all!!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Love the pics when are we getting an invite... a pool and a bar we are all set
Old 05-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Love the pics when are we getting an invite... a pool and a bar we are all set
Just hop on a plane and head on over Sans!! would love to have ya!!... easy enough right?.... the BAR IS OPEN!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Deb, Could I ask you if you gained back any wt after quitting the hcg? I just quit my drops, I still have an unopened bottle of drops, and one of the granules, but think I'll take some time off, I never could figure out how much it helped me or not, anyway, though I did lose size.
I am now using info from about 6 different diet theories. Like you, lowcarb is always my fall back place, though sometimes all I can do is maintain.
I use Atkins, Dukan, Gilbert Method cd, JUDDD, phases of the moon, some Protein Power, 5 Tibetans, etc/I have spent a fortune on books. lol. Shouldn't complain, still am 70 pounds down from where I topped, but have at least 50 I still need to lose and have no idea what to do next, not sure what I will do about the hcg I still have, it really never did give me the results most people got from it.
(Resisting urge to run screaming off into the sunset). lol

Last edited by nitenurse; 05-30-2011 at 05:00 PM..
Old 05-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
I heard that JUDD is good post hcg!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
Can I come too, Deb?!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:46 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Deb, Could I ask you if you gained back any wt after quitting the hcg? I just quit my drops, I still have an unopened bottle of drops, and one of the granules, but think I'll take some time off, I never could figure out how much it helped me or not, anyway, though I did lose size.
I am now using info from about 6 different diet theories. Like you, lowcarb is always my fall back place, though sometimes all I can do is maintain.
I use Atkins, Dukan, Gilbert Method cd, JUDDD, phases of the moon, some Protein Power, 5 Tibetans, etc/I have spent a fortune on books. lol. Shouldn't complain, still am 70 pounds down from where I topped, but have at least 50 I still need to lose and have no idea what to do next, not sure what I will do about the hcg I still have, it really never did give me the results most people got from it.
(Resisting urge to run screaming off into the sunset). lol
you sound like ME!! I only gained a few pounds back after stopping the HCG, and it was less than 10 pounds. I have all those books also!! We constantly search for the perfect diet, when what we need to do is think HEALTH, and eat for health.

Right now I am happy with low carb, but I want to add fruit in soon. I just love it.. I hope it doesn't derail me though... Good luck with whatever you choose, it just has to work for YOU, something you can stick with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obraxton View Post
I heard that JUDD is good post hcg!
LOVE JUDDD except the DD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by obraxton View Post
Can I come too, Deb?!!!
OF COURSE!!! would love for you and your little darling to come play in the pool... Bring the floaties...
Old 05-31-2011, 05:33 AM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Deb, beautiful yard
Old 05-31-2011, 07:37 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Thanks for the input, I can live with a little gain after quitting hcg, just scared I might get into an unstoppable gain. (Wimpy-I have such a bad history of yo-yoing). Can't really say I feel any different, either, but at least I don't seem to have a ravenous appetite, which I was really scared about.
JUDDD is a great way to diet, it really worked well for me a couple years ago, I can't seem to get back into the swing of it right now, but yes, it did work best for me when combined with lowcarb. I lost 30# in 10 weeks, summer of of 2009.
Right now, it seems like if I follow a day when I've eaten quite a lot, with a day of less, it balances out. Keeps me from getting on the binge wagon. But that isn't real JUDDD, just a compromise.
Thanks for your input, everyone, sometimes I just get a little lost in all the posts. and get a little more confused. You're my hero, Deb.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Thanks for the input, I can live with a little gain after quitting hcg, just scared I might get into an unstoppable gain. (Wimpy-I have such a bad history of yo-yoing). Can't really say I feel any different, either, but at least I don't seem to have a ravenous appetite, which I was really scared about.
JUDDD is a great way to diet, it really worked well for me a couple years ago, I can't seem to get back into the swing of it right now, but yes, it did work best for me when combined with lowcarb. I lost 30# in 10 weeks, summer of of 2009.
Right now, it seems like if I follow a day when I've eaten quite a lot, with a day of less, it balances out. Keeps me from getting on the binge wagon. But that isn't real JUDDD, just a compromise.
Thanks for your input, everyone, sometimes I just get a little lost in all the posts. and get a little more confused. You're my hero, Deb.
Aweeee.. thanks .. I wish I could give better advice, you have done awesome!!! I also have about a third of the way to go, and I am getting a bit too comfortable...
Closed Thread