LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #1741
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Hang in there, Deb, and take care of yourself as well. Family will need your strength.
Thank you hon, I am trying.. plus I have my own kids at home who need me... ouch.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #1742

Wonderful news today... he is feeling more like himself and wants to get better! BP under control. Sugars under control. Eating more. My nephew is taking over his business and doing a wonderful job. This will allow my Dad to recover without worrying about the finances. YAY!!!

Yes, he still ran his own construction business and was trying hard to keep it going while ill. Thank god he allowed my nephew to take control, and ALLOW himself to release it. That was HUGE. He will still get paid every month, but won't have to work so hard. At 74 he needs to slow down. OBVIOUSLY.

We all think he was holding so much in that it showed up physically as illness. That is why I always say what I feel at home... Here too, but mainly in real life.. no use holding things in and getting sick.

SOOOOOOOO I am so relieved today... thank you ALL for your support and prayers.!! yes, he has a way to go, but it is looking UP.. finally......
Old 01-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #1743
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
wonderful news!! keep us posted... and you're never a downer, I'm glad you're staying here with us through such a difficult time.
AGREED 100%!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Thank you Shari, I just need someplace to vent and chat and why not my own journal? PLUS you ladies know me, and know I try to be positive most of the time, but when I'm not, I can say it and not be judged.. Thank you all.. I am so grateful...

I will definately keep you all updated...
That's what friends are for!!!

Quote:
Wonderful news today... he is feeling more like himself and wants to get better! BP under control. Sugars under control. Eating more. My nephew is taking over his business and doing a wonderful job. This will allow my Dad to recover without worrying about the finances. YAY!!!

Yes, he still ran his own construction business and was trying hard to keep it going while ill. Thank god he allowed my nephew to take control, and ALLOW himself to release it. That was HUGE. He will still get paid every month, but won't have to work so hard. At 74 he needs to slow down. OBVIOUSLY.

We all think he was holding so much in that it showed up physically as illness. That is why I always say what I feel at home... Here too, but mainly in real life.. no use holding things in and getting sick.

SOOOOOOOO I am so relieved today... thank you ALL for your support and prayers.!! yes, he has a way to go, but it is looking UP.. finally......
This is sooooo wonderful to read Deb! I am sooooo happy things are on the up and up!!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #1744

THANK YOU PATI!!! I feel so much better today...
Old 01-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #1745
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Quote:

Im so happy for you Deb !!! Im glad everything is working out for you and your family... God is good!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #1746

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPeachey View Post
Im so happy for you Deb !!! Im glad everything is working out for you and your family... God is good!!!
YOU ARE RIGHT!!! thank you Deb.. so appreciate it...
Old 01-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #1747

Not much to report this morning. Talked to my Mom and she is still so exhausted. She has never had to deal with finances and such, and there are bills that need to be paid. My sisters are there helping her, but she is so old school, that she has no idea how to even use a computer...

They will gather the bills that need to be paid now, make sure they have enough to cover them, and get that done. I wish I was there, because bills are what I do all day long...

Anyway, I want peace for her now. Dad is getting great care, but she is not taking good care of herself. She needs REST. Maybe when we go up this weekend, we can convince her to just rest for a few hours while we take care of things.

On the eating front, I am sticking to low carb, and trying to get into Ketosis deeply so I don't have to bother with food while doing so many other things. This is the 3rd day now, so hopefully this will do it. Have not tested yet.

Hope all my good buddies are having a great day!! Back later..
Old 01-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #1748

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Hi Deb. Just checking in on you. I pray your mom can get some rest. It's important during this time... but I know it's hard. Thank God your sisters are there to help her sort out the bills and get them paid.

You should be in ketosis by now. Have you tested?

Have a good day, girl.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #1749
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Deb.

Don't worry about your diet. Well actually, come to think of it you should! We should learn from your pappy's experience! We all need to watch our food intake. VERY IMPORTANT!! NOt so much for weightloss but for HEALTH!!!
GOOD LUCK!!

Hope your momma gets her much needed rest!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #1750

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Hi Deb. Just checking in on you. I pray your mom can get some rest. It's important during this time... but I know it's hard. Thank God your sisters are there to help her sort out the bills and get them paid.

You should be in ketosis by now. Have you tested?

Have a good day, girl.
Thank you Meek. I should be, but I still feel like eating too much. I probably have too many carbs with my atkins bars etc. I will test tonight when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Morning Deb.

Don't worry about your diet. Well actually, come to think of it you should! We should learn from your pappy's experience! We all need to watch our food intake. VERY IMPORTANT!! NOt so much for weightloss but for HEALTH!!!
GOOD LUCK!!

Hope your momma gets her much needed rest!
YOU ARE RIGHT!! of course Pati dear.. I am consciously trying to eat better, but when we are running back and forth to St Louis and here, about a 2 hr drive, I don't always make the best choices. Working on it though!!!

I also pray that Mom gets some rest. I may see if she will take a sleep aid for one night, so she is not up from thinking about things. We shall see.

HEALTH is the main thing I am focused on right now. Making best available choices.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #1751
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Deb, sending prayers your way for mom and dad.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #1752

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Good morning Deb, I'm glad to hear your sisters are there to help and hope your mom listens..you're absolutely correct..she have to rest or she'll get sick too. I'm continuing to pray for them as well as yourself, I know this has to difficult for you mentally as well.
Low carb will definitely help for now. Yeah test tonight, I bet you're already in ketosis if not in deep ketosis. Take care hun.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #1753

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Morning Deb, sending prayers your way for mom and dad.
Thank you Loretta.. we appreciate it...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #1754

Quote:
Good morning Deb, I'm glad to hear your sisters are there to help and hope your mom listens..you're absolutely correct..she have to rest or she'll get sick too. I'm continuing to pray for them as well as yourself, I know this has to difficult for you mentally as well.
Low carb will definitely help for now. Yeah test tonight, I bet you're already in ketosis if not in deep ketosis. Take care hun.
Thank you Shari! I just got word that he is retaining too much fluid still and they are going to go with more Lasix to help. Now of course, my Mom thinks he is not going to make it.

She is just so so tired and upset. I wish I could do something more. This really sucks! He was up and using his walker yesterday, and now she is worried he won't make it a week? UGGG..
Old 01-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #1755
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thank you Shari! I just got word that he is retaining too much fluid still and they are going to go with more Lasix to help. Now of course, my Mom thinks he is not going to make it.

She is just so so tired and upset. I wish I could do something more. This really sucks! He was up and using his walker yesterday, and now she is worried he won't make it a week? UGGG..
Oh boy! Your poor mom is playing the worst case scenarios in her head I am sure! That's stressful on her but hopefully she isn't feeding this to your dad! He needs to be worry free in order for his body to recover.

Still praying for him and for your mom too! Gosh, poor thing is probably so stressed!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #1756

Quote:
Oh boy! Your poor mom is playing the worst case scenarios in her head I am sure! That's stressful on her but hopefully she isn't feeding this to your dad! He needs to be worry free in order for his body to recover.

Still praying for him and for your mom too! Gosh, poor thing is probably so stressed!
YES, that is it Pati!! She is definately doing worst case scenerio and I met the doctor, so I know that doctor is telling her all the most negative and worse things that can happen.. uggggg!!!!

Anyway, she is not feeding it to him that I know of, she is trying to be strong, but at this point it is so hard for her... I wish things would turn for the best, and STAY that way.. too many bumps in this road.

Thanks hon, you always have encouraging words..
Old 01-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #1757

Oh boy! Hopefully the Lasix will do it's job enough that the excess fluid is gone. Your poor mom, some people try to prepare for the worst thinking it will help but in this case, it's causing too much stress on her and I'm sure you all too. His body is having to recover from major surgery so it will adjust...just need a bit of extra help from the meds.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #1758

Quote:
Oh boy! Hopefully the Lasix will do it's job enough that the excess fluid is gone. Your poor mom, some people try to prepare for the worst thinking it will help but in this case, it's causing too much stress on her and I'm sure you all too. His body is having to recover from major surgery so it will adjust...just need a bit of extra help from the meds.
Thank you Shari, I agree. He just had major surgery TWICE in a week and a half, plus having undiagnosed High Blood Pressure and Diabetes. I am sure it will take some time to get all these things under control and for him to be on the mend. I just worry about HER more now than before, because she just is not used to life without him there.

Praying she gets some peace and rest and some good news VERY SOON!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #1759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb
Old 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #1760

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPeachey View Post
Deb
Thanks Deb, this just feels like a bad dream. time to wake up!!! These ups and downs are taking a toll....
Old 01-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #1761
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Oh gosh I'm sorry to hear about all this honey! Sending some virtual hugs your way!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #1762

Good morning Deb
Old 01-06-2012, 04:20 AM   #1763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Oh gosh I'm sorry to hear about all this honey! Sending some virtual hugs your way!
Thank you so much hon! I am just in such a funk this morning, waiting to hear how last night went... leaving for St Louis in the morning, so I can see for myself.

Quote:
Good morning Deb
Thank you Shari! I appreciate you all so much!!!

So I am definately in Ketosis and not hungry. Good for ME..
Old 01-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #1764
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Deb!

Morning Friends of Debs (who became friends of moi! )
Old 01-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #1765

Quote:
Morning Deb!

Morning Friends of Debs (who became friends of moi! )
Morning Darlin... hope all is well with YOU!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #1766
Blabbermouth!!!

Everything is peachy

How's pappy doing?

How is your mom?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #1767

Quote:
Everything is peachy

How's pappy doing?

How is your mom?
Mom is a mess. Dad is going in for a scope this morning to check on a possible ulcer situation. Which MAY be why he is not wanting to eat??

Good news on the financial front as my darling son will be taking care of their outstanding bills Mother was worried about.

All in all, it is an ok day so far.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #1768
Blabbermouth!!!

What a fantastic husband-to-be I have! Seriously, that's awesome!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Sucks she is having a rough time but very understandable for her!

I hope Dad's scope comes out clear. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of why he isn't eating and nip the problem and he can get back to getting nutritious meals in him!

Prayers for all!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #1769

Quote:
What a fantastic husband-to-be I have! Seriously, that's awesome!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Sucks she is having a rough time but very understandable for her!

I hope Dad's scope comes out clear. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of why he isn't eating and nip the problem and he can get back to getting nutritious meals in him!

Prayers for all!
Thanks Dear, I totally agree, what a sweet thing to do!!! he's a keeper!

Thank you also for all the good thoughts and prayers you are sending out.. trust me, they are going to good use!!!...

I just want my Dad to get somewhat back to himself, so that mother will stop being so upset. It is terribly hard to see our ROCK taking this so hard.. poor Mom.

I am sure Dad would do things differently if he could understand and see what this is doing to her right now...

POWER FORWARD!!! that is all we can do!!.. pray for the best!!
Old 01-07-2012, 04:20 AM   #1770
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Deb... God still hears and answers prayer ... Wishing you and yours a greatly blessed day full of Gods love, peace, and joy... The joy of the Lord is our strength..
Closed Thread