Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #1651
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,865
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by obraxton View Post
I can't wait to get off either!! Hope you have a less stressful afternoon!
Thanks sunshine! You too
12yrslater is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #1652
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
aww i missed the celebration but congrats Patti!

I don't have any special time off. we are open 24/7. booo! but i don't work on mondays so that's still nice.
Tyl is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 05:56 AM   #1653
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,865
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Thanks love

Morning y'all! How is everyone doing!? I'm so excited to be counting down to Christmas!!! I LOVE LOVE the Holidays

Hey Deb! How was your party? How did you do food wise?

Well, nothing to report. Holding steady No weightloss. No weight gain!
I have so much baking to do with my sister. I am for some odd reason NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! LOL We were going to start tonight but my DD has a their Christmas show and I can't wait to see her

Gotta run! I'll be in an out today. Talk to you guys later
12yrslater is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #1654
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,629
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
aww i missed the celebration but congrats Patti!

I don't have any special time off. we are open 24/7. booo! but i don't work on mondays so that's still nice.
Morning Chantyl!! Good to see you still going strong!.. Hope you enjoy your holidays even without the time off... enjoy Monday!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Thanks love

Morning y'all! How is everyone doing!? I'm so excited to be counting down to Christmas!!! I LOVE LOVE the Holidays

Hey Deb! How was your party? How did you do food wise?

Well, nothing to report. Holding steady No weightloss. No weight gain!
I have so much baking to do with my sister. I am for some odd reason NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! LOL We were going to start tonight but my DD has a their Christmas show and I can't wait to see her

Gotta run! I'll be in an out today. Talk to you guys later
Well Pati, no gain is a good thing!!.. Plus you are enjoying life while not gaining!... sounds like a WIN WIN TO ME!!

I did fine at my party, decided not to drink any booze, and had lots of iced tea... which I also love... so my eating was in check. Only had what I REALLY WANTED.. and left the rest for someone else.. went well.. oh and I won $20... whoo hoo.. in a Christmas Trivia game...

Hope everyone is doing well today!! Not long till Christmas!.. Excited because I also love it... Enjoy your BAKING!.. GAHHHHH... no way...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #1655
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,837
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Happy Wednesday, Folks!
Meek75 is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #1656
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,629
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Happy Wednesday, Folks!
Same to you Meek!!!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #1657
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,837
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Same to you Meek!!!!
Meek75 is offline  
Old 12-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #1658
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,865
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Helllllooo everyone out there! How's it going?!?!?!?!
12yrslater is offline  
Old 12-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #1659
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,629
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
My Dad just had a stroke, I will be back later .. pray please..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #1660
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,865
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
OMG Deb! I am so sorry to hear. I will keep your father in my prayers!!!!
12yrslater is offline  
Old 12-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #1661
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,837
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
My Dad just had a stroke, I will be back later .. pray please..
OMG! Deb. I am so sorry. Praying now... .
Meek75 is offline  
Old 12-22-2011, 12:16 PM   #1662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Carolina gal livin in South Jersey
Posts: 3,484
Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
Praying!!!
obraxton is offline  
Old 12-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #1663
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
My Dad just had a stroke, I will be back later .. pray please..
Deb! I am so sorry! Praying with you!!!
Tyl is offline  
Old 12-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #1664
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,629
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Just a quick update, thank you all soooooooo much! I appreciate your prayers... and in this case I believe they are working.. some backstory..

My Dad is a stubborn man.. he refuses to see the doctor for most anything.. last time I remember him going was a kidney stone 30 years ago... well today he finally agreed to go... and it took so much to get him to go....

He is at the ER now.. in St Louis and we don't know what is going on yet, but my sister in StLouis is with him.. she will let us know.. we plan to head there tomorrow.. again.. thanks so much ladies.. I feel it...

Will update when I can..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-23-2011, 05:47 AM   #1665
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,837
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Hello Deb. Thanks for the update. I am so happy your father has agreed to seek medical attention. It's important! I know he will be alright!

I am going through the same thing with my husband. He has finally gotten tired of suffering, so he is admitting himself into the hospital after Christmas day (thank God!). Please whisper a prayer for him.

Be encourage, friend! Have safe travels to and from St. Louise .
Meek75 is offline  
Old 12-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #1666
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,865
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Hi Deb. I came on here just for you babe. Wanted to see how your father was doing. He'll continue in my prayers....

Meek,I am so glad your husband is going in. Why (if you don't mind me asking) is he waiting to go in? Please keep an eye on him. It worries me that he is waiting! I will keep him in prayer as well doll!
12yrslater is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #1667
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,837
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Pati, he is afraid and keeps putting it off, like most men. He is definitely going this time...his mind is made up and Im glad!! Thanks for ur prayers. Hugs.
Meek75 is offline  
Old 12-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #1668
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,629
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Hello Deb. Thanks for the update. I am so happy your father has agreed to seek medical attention. It's important! I know he will be alright!

I am going through the same thing with my husband. He has finally gotten tired of suffering, so he is admitting himself into the hospital after Christmas day (thank God!). Please whisper a prayer for him.

Be encourage, friend! Have safe travels to and from St. Louise .
Thank you So Much Meek!! My Dad is doing so much better, it is just amazing.. ok, so the Stroke symptoms were caused by undiagnosed Diabetes!! It caused confusion, tremors, lost toes and almost cost his leg.

Fortunately, this infection in his leg was bad enough and hurt enough, that he had no choice but to agree to help. This is when we found out he is diabetic and had been for years, but since he refuses medical care, he didn't know. None of us did.. Very scary, because had he let this infection go on much longer, he could have lost his LIFE. O M G.

Meek, I am glad your hubby is seeking medical care and I am sending prayers your way, for the whole family!!! So happy he is doing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Hi Deb. I came on here just for you babe. Wanted to see how your father was doing. He'll continue in my prayers....

Meek,I am so glad your husband is going in. Why (if you don't mind me asking) is he waiting to go in? Please keep an eye on him. It worries me that he is waiting! I will keep him in prayer as well doll!
Thank you Pati!!!! I know all of your prayers helped.. there is no doubt in my mind.. I pray for Robert also... And Meek and anyone who needs it at this time... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Pati, he is afraid and keeps putting it off, like most men. He is definitely going this time...his mind is made up and Im glad!! Thanks for ur prayers. Hugs.
Exacty what my Dad did, and it nearly cost him his life... men!!! well he won't ever be doing this again, lesson is learned... I am sooooooo delighted he made up his mind.

Merry Christmas to you also Meek, and to all my dear friends here...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #1669
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,837
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Diabetes is a deadly disease. So glad ur dad is getting the help he needs. Thanks for praying foy my DH! He was in a diabetic coma in 2007, and almost died. He hasnt been back to the doctors since then! so glad he decided to go. His sugar is so out of control, he has lost soooo much weight. He was 256 when we got married in 2008. He is now 160! .

Anyways, I will let you know how everything goes.

Merry Christmas
Meek75 is offline  
Old 12-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #1670
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,263
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Merry Christmas ladies!!

I'm so sorry Deb about you dad, pray he's getting stronger and better day by day. I know, men can be sooo stubborn when it comes to getting medical care. Thanks God he's getting treatment now. I hope you all are able to still enjoy the holiday with each other.

Meek, I'm glad to hear your hubby is going to get care too. Keep us posted, I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers too.
shari is offline  
Old 12-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #1671
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,629
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Diabetes is a deadly disease. So glad ur dad is getting the help he needs. Thanks for praying foy my DH! He was in a diabetic coma in 2007, and almost died. He hasnt been back to the doctors since then! so glad he decided to go. His sugar is so out of control, he has lost soooo much weight. He was 256 when we got married in 2008. He is now 160! .

Anyways, I will let you know how everything goes.

Merry Christmas
Thank you so much Meek!! Yes it is very serious and he could have died also... so unnecessary. I am very glad you DH is getting help... I know how hard it is for men to admit they need help.. my goodness!!!! He has really lost alot of weight.. I hope all goes well and he is on the road to good health.. BOTH OF THEM!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Merry Christmas ladies!!

I'm so sorry Deb about you dad, pray he's getting stronger and better day by day. I know, men can be sooo stubborn when it comes to getting medical care. Thanks God he's getting treatment now. I hope you all are able to still enjoy the holiday with each other.

Meek, I'm glad to hear your hubby is going to get care too. Keep us posted, I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers too.
MERRY CHRISTMAS Shari thank you! I am grateful today he was able to get out of bed and sit in a chair for a bit... such a different person than just 3 days ago... GOD IS GOOD!!...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and the boys got spoiled rotten... Take good care Shari, and enjoy the rest of your holiday!!! No work! ...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #1672
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,263
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Deb~glad to hear your father is improving! My boys are spoiled, but they really are good kids. I'm blessed to have them in my life. I just pray I will still feel the same way once the hormones start kicking in full force! How was your holiday with daughters?



Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Diabetes is a deadly disease. So glad ur dad is getting the help he needs. Thanks for praying foy my DH! He was in a diabetic coma in 2007, and almost died. He hasnt been back to the doctors since then! so glad he decided to go. His sugar is so out of control, he has lost soooo much weight. He was 256 when we got married in 2008. He is now 160! .

Anyways, I will let you know how everything goes.

Merry Christmas
OMG Meek, wow...that's truly scary. I'm even more thankful to hear he's going today!
shari is offline  
Old 12-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #1673
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,629
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Thanks Shari, my holiday with the girls was nice.. as little time as we had.. but still we were all together and that was wonderful..

I am also not going to be on a P L A N. just eating mainly low carb... no rules that can be broken.. I am thinking alot like Meek in this.. When it is forbidden, I want it more. I am not going to worry. Not going to keep trying different things.. the basics are Low Carb.. The End.
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #1674
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,837
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Low carbs.The.End.PERIOD!

My husband begged me to return to low carbs. He doesnt want me to suffer from diabetes like him. His sugar was 300 today...and I wont even mention his pressure. thank God all is well now. Dude is on a mission and Im going to help him every step of the way!!!

Lets get healthy, ladies! Our lives depend on it! Seriously!!
Meek75 is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 04:03 AM   #1675
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,629
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
you BET MEEK!! we have to do this for our health!!!! My Dad's sugar was 300 also when he went in, and had signs of a stroke. SO SCAREY!!! and you and your DH are YOUNG! .. yikes!!

So my Dad also has High Blood Pressure which has not been treated... WHY do they do this? UGGGGG... I check mine every day now.. just to be sure it is ok. My sugar is checked each year and is always in the 80-88 range, so far so good there.

I am just wanting to make sure I never get to that point. EVER. I also want my Mom to be checked, and she has agreed.

Anyway... today is a healthy day... I am happy about that!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 06:27 AM   #1676
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,263
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Right attitudes...I'm with ya! Glad to hear your mom is agreeing to get checked as well.

Meek~so glad to hear the good news regarding you and hubby getting healthy together.
shari is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #1677
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Deb, low carb is the way to go and it most satisfying. KUTGW!
lorettahd is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #1678
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,629
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Right attitudes...I'm with ya! Glad to hear your mom is agreeing to get checked as well.

Meek~so glad to hear the good news regarding you and hubby getting healthy together.
Thank you Shari, I am glad too because before this, she would never have agreed.. they are so against medical care.. NOW they see prevention is the best thing to do..
Agree with you about Meek's hubby.. so very happy he is getting help also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Morning Deb, low carb is the way to go and it most satisfying. KUTGW!
Morning Loretta!!! Good to see you!! Yes indeed, low carb is the most satisfying and easiest way of eating out there.. I wonder why we try to improve upon it... oh well... Excited about getting healthy!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #1679
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SCPeachey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Carolina gurl..
Posts: 3,041
Gallery: SCPeachey
Stats: 271/259/145
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: 6/22/13
Hi Deb... Sorry your dad had to go through that, but im glad he knows now so he can deal with his health a lil better... Coming thru to bring love and blessings ... Heres to better health...
SCPeachey is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #1680
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,629
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPeachey View Post
Hi Deb... Sorry your dad had to go through that, but im glad he knows now so he can deal with his health a lil better... Coming thru to bring love and blessings ... Heres to better health...
DEB!!!! so very happy to see you here also!! you have been missed!

Thank you so much for the well wishes for my Dad, I think this wake up call was much needed, and now he can be with us for more years to come..

Here is to better health is RIGHT!!!.. same for you and all my LC friends!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.