Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 06:08 AM   #1261
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey ladies! Yesterday I kept as a MD, averaged around 900 cals. Today is an UD and I will eat wings. I don't know how many cals it will be but they are usually pretty high, especially with the sauces.

Deb, yes it seems the power is in the DDs, keeping them as low as you can to make a wider spread between UD/DD. It's not easy but everyone says if you can just be uncomfortable in the beginning, it gets easier as your body gets used to it. People are calling goal left and right on the JUDDD board!! Congrats on the loss!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2011, 07:20 AM   #1262

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey ladies! Yesterday I kept as a MD, averaged around 900 cals. Today is an UD and I will eat wings. I don't know how many cals it will be but they are usually pretty high, especially with the sauces.

Deb, yes it seems the power is in the DDs, keeping them as low as you can to make a wider spread between UD/DD. It's not easy but everyone says if you can just be uncomfortable in the beginning, it gets easier as your body gets used to it. People are calling goal left and right on the JUDDD board!! Congrats on the loss!
Well enjoy your WINGS!!!! I am doing a mid day because I have no where to go, and I don't want to do a DD today. I don't see myself ever doing a DD on the weekends..

I made a big pot of homemade turkey soup that is really low in cals/ carbs plus very filling! I am going to put it in individual bowls and freeze for my DD's and also MD. I can totally eat a bowl (2 cups) of this soup for lunch and be satisfied till dinner.

After taking off the fat that was floating and hardened, I figured up the cals/cup and they are around 70. That is with a bit of turkey in it also. So I can have a few cups throughout the day and it will keep me going.. I HOPE!!! ..

I weighed this morning after an UP day and I actually lost another pound! WOW.. I am going to do like Pati, I think and just track my days and look for some kind of pattern. Who knows, it may just be random.

Anyway!!!! hope you ladies have a great day!!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #1263
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Deb!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pati!!!!!!!!!!!! My loves, i miss you!

I've joined the JUDD bandwagon. I've been scared to eat on the UDs. Can you believe that. I'm trying to do better this week. here's hoping!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:48 AM   #1264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post

I've joined the JUDD bandwagon. I've been scared to eat on the UDs. Can you believe that. I'm trying to do better this week. here's hoping!
TYL!!! yeah, thanks for stopping by!! WE HAVE ALL!! been scared to eat on UP DAYS!.. trust me it does get easier though.. hang in there and we can all help each other through this process!!! So good to see you!!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:22 AM   #1265

Good morning ladies! What's new, I overate on my UD. It seems I have no control just because I can eat. I'm seriously thinking of doing low carb this week to get some control again with the sugar and high carb issue. Although I know you can lose or maintain well eating regular food, I'm having more of an I don't give a... attitude on UDs. That's not how it's suppose to be. I guess because it's been so restrictive on other plans. So I'm sacrificing this week and going low(er) carbs until I can at least get into the lower half of this cycle..
Old 11-14-2011, 04:33 AM   #1266

Quote:
Good morning ladies! What's new, I overate on my UD. It seems I have no control just because I can eat. I'm seriously thinking of doing low carb this week to get some control again with the sugar and high carb issue. Although I know you can lose or maintain well eating regular food, I'm having more of an I don't give a... attitude on UDs. That's not how it's suppose to be. I guess because it's been so restrictive on other plans. So I'm sacrificing this week and going low(er) carbs until I can at least get into the lower half of this cycle..
I feel the same way Shari, I don't know how some can eat anything and everything, and stay in control... maybe it just takes time, but wow, for ME, it is tough.

I was thinking tomorrow, I will mostly do low carb foods that I love, then maybe add one or two items in ONE meal that would be considered off limits on low carb. Not sure yet!.. but this is truely finding our way for sure!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #1267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I feel the same way Shari, I don't know how some can eat anything and everything, and stay in control... maybe it just takes time, but wow, for ME, it is tough.

I was thinking tomorrow, I will mostly do low carb foods that I love, then maybe add one or two items in ONE meal that would be considered off limits on low carb. Not sure yet!.. but this is truely finding our way for sure!!!
I think that's a great idea! I remember in 17DD Dr. Moreno suggested you eat carbs before 2pm so if I want moderate carbs, like sweet potato then I'm thinking I'll have it for lunch.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #1268

Quote:
I think that's a great idea! I remember in 17DD Dr. Moreno suggested you eat carbs before 2pm so if I want moderate carbs, like sweet potato then I'm thinking I'll have it for lunch.
YES!! something like this. I still find myself thinking EAT CARBS BEFORE 2pm most every day. I think that is a good priciple for ME.. There are so many things about the 17DD that stick with me, and if it wasn't for the LEAN meats, I would have continued on...

I think JUDDD will work better for me in the long run, if I am allowed to have my fatty meats every other day, If I CHOOSE!.. such a big ole experiment!

I am sure I will figure out the perfect plan for ME.. maybe using things from the different plans I have done that DID WORK!..
Old 11-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #1269

Exactly! I'm taking a little bit from everything. I think I've tried them all except Jenny Craig...LOL.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #1270
Tyl

Quote:
Exactly! I'm taking a little bit from everything. I think I've tried them all except Jenny Craig...LOL.
shari, i did a month of nutrisystem very recently (it was cheaper than jenny...and it sucked) lol
Old 11-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #1271

Quote:
I never tried that either.. I am too CHEAP!...

Quote:
shari, i did a month of nutrisystem very recently (it was cheaper than jenny...and it sucked) lol
I thought of nutrisystem because someone here at work was doing it, but it looked so nasty, I said NOWAY.. I can make my own nasty looking stuff way cheaper..... needless to say, I am still fatish, and looking for the perfect plan, which doesn't exist for ME!

HOWEVER, I think bits and pieces of the things that work, can work for me.. I have not tried to do the JUDDD plan exactly as written yet, because that DD is so low... grrr....... hate hunger... I'm a wuss!!!

YOU though, are rocking your DD's!! keep it up girl!

NOW WHERE IS PATI!!!! get in here and let us know how you are doing!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #1272

Quote:
Oh I forgot about nutrisystem...make that two that I haven't tried.

yeah, where's Pati?

Deb, you're doing good so I wouldn't change it unless your body start rebelling.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #1273

Quote:
Oh I forgot about nutrisystem...make that two that I haven't tried.

yeah, where's Pati?

Deb, you're doing good so I wouldn't change it unless your body start rebelling.
oh you are RIGHT ON! I am done being wishy washy with my plans, just trying to make this one livable for ME!!.. I know that I can!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #1274
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:

Look at the big smile on my face brought on by none other than CHANTYL!!! Missed you so much! Glad to see you here.

Quote:
Quote:

I think the updays and over eating is common since it seems that's how we are all acting I too overate on my regularly scheduled up days. However, I am finding that I am getting fuller faster I am almost positive it has to do with the lack of foods on the down days. Somehow, I think it all balances out But what do I know?!?!?

Quote:
Quote:
I never tried that either.. I am too CHEAP!...

I thought of nutrisystem because someone here at work was doing it, but it looked so nasty, I said NOWAY.. I can make my own nasty looking stuff way cheaper..... needless to say, I am still fatish, and looking for the perfect plan, which doesn't exist for ME!

HOWEVER, I think bits and pieces of the things that work, can work for me.. I have not tried to do the JUDDD plan exactly as written yet, because that DD is so low... grrr....... hate hunger... I'm a wuss!!!

YOU though, are rocking your DD's!! keep it up girl!

NOW WHERE IS PATI!!!! get in here and let us know how you are doing!
I'm cheap too! The only paying diet thing I have done is Weight Watchers. I failed at it within a month!

How are you guys doing on your down day?

I did pretty good all weekend. However, I am sick. I got sick Saturday, was sick yesterday and am at home sick today (gotta love miss germy who brings home all those germs!! my daughter! )
I decided that instead of trying to suffer through a down day while I am sick, I would make today an up day and take it from there. (My schedule will be off this week from your schedules ) Anyway, I am only up 2 lbs from both days of up days. While today is an upday for me, I am not that hungry. I had homemade chicken soup (momma's ) and that's all for today. Besides my coffee and cream which I do almost all day when home

I'll tell you something about this diet tho. It's QUITE FORGIVING in terms that when we go off plan (if it can even be considered that way since we are allowed to eat anything on up days) one doesn't gain 7 lbs in one day! Do you guys agree?

So now that I've bored y'all to death...HOW IS YOUR DOWN DAY GOING?!!?!?

Last edited by 12yrslater; 11-14-2011 at 09:58 AM..
Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Look at the big smile on my face brought on by none other than CHANTYL!!! Missed you so much! Glad to see you here.

I think the updays and over eating is common since it seems that's how we are all acting I too overate on my regularly scheduled up days. However, I am finding that I am getting fuller faster I am almost positive it has to do with the lack of foods on the down days. Somehow, I think it all balances out But what do I know?!?!?

I'm cheap too! The only paying diet thing I have done is Weight Watchers. I failed at it within a month!

How are you guys doing on your down day?

I did pretty good all weekend. However, I am sick. I got sick Saturday, was sick yesterday and am at home sick today (gotta love miss germy who brings home all those germs!! my daughter! )
I decided that instead of trying to suffer through a down day while I am sick, I would make today an up day and take it from there. (My schedule will be off this week from your schedules ) Anyway, I am only up 2 lbs from both days of up days. While today is an upday for me, I am not that hungry. I had homemade chicken soup (momma's ) and that's all for today. Besides my coffee and cream which I do almost all day when home

I'll tell you something about this diet tho. It's QUITE FORGIVING in terms that when we go off plan (if it can even be considered that way since we are allowed to eat anything on up days) one doesn't gain 7 lbs in one day! Do you guys agree?

So now that I've bored y'all to death...HOW IS YOUR DOWN DAY GOING?!!?!?
AWEEEEEEEE Pati!!!! get better soon dear!!!... I sure don't miss the little germ monsters that used to come home with everything also!.. take care!!!!

WELL I think Chantyl is on an UP DAY so you and her will be on the same path. I am doing pretty good SO FAR with my DD.

For breakfast... 2 FF hot dogs... yummm.... COFFEE WITH CREAM!!

then just had some lunch of a small salad... ff dressing... ( ICK ) and am getting ready for a bowl of my soup...

This leaves me about 350 cals for the rest of the day.. ( Im going for 650 today ) You use Half and Half and I use HWC. BIG difference in cals, so I am going to have to look for the lower in cals H & H I guess??

I think I can make it through till dinner with some celery sticks if necessary... and another cup of soup. Broth only.

THEN, I will have a Lean Cuisine dinner when I get home... hopefully that will be it! oh and LOTS OF WATER!!!...

Old 11-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #1276
Tyl

yea i'm having an UD today. Jason is making spaghetti (with dreamfields and i'm having a glass of moscato LOL) i have 2300 cals and i intend to use them.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #1277

Quote:
yea i'm having an UD today. Jason is making spaghetti (with dreamfields and i'm having a glass of moscato LOL) i have 2300 cals and i intend to use them.
GOOD FOR YOU!!! Omg that sounds so good......
Old 11-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #1278

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Deb!!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:22 AM   #1279

HI MEEK!!! good to see you back!!.. YAY!!!! another JUDDD BUDDD!!!!

Have a great DD!! I think Tyl, and Pati are also on DD today? Not sure of course as it can change!!...

Today is my UP day and we have a Thanksgiving Dinner at work. Should be a nice variety of food. This is a good thing because I can get my carbs in before 2 !!! Something I am going to try to do consistantly...

Hope you all have a great day!!! OH yes, down another pound after my DD .. which turned into a MD sorta.... Work IN PROGRESS!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:30 AM   #1280

Congrats Deb!! Yeah, that's my focus too..if I eat carbs eat them early in the day. Enjoy 'dinner' today!

Hey Pati!

Meek!!! back to JUDDD! We're all doing it so the support is here!

Down 3.4lbs from DD!!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #1281
Big Yapper!!!!

ladies!!! How are you guys doing! Jealous over here that you guys have an up day but then again, I just finished 3 of those!

Ok so the 3 days I gained ready? 2.5lbs! In all honesty tho, I know alot of it is water weight so I am not worried.

Congrats Deb on the pound lost!!

OMG Shari 3.4lbs from your DD?!?!? now that's what I call EFFECTIVE!!!! Do tell, what did you eat on your down day?

MEEK?!?!? A JUDDD BUD TOO!?!?!?! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

Well down day for me and today I can honestly say I am STARVING!!! I blame all the bad eating I've had but I will get through it. I KNOW I CAN

BTW - You guys, I can actually (FINALLY) see a change in my body! Not only with clothes but I can actually see my body transforming which is not something I ever notice when I am losing weight (or maybe I am just really harsh on myself ) Anyway, I have alot of catching up to do at work. I'll come in later to check on y'all....

Enjoy your Thxgvg lunch Deb!!!

Last edited by 12yrslater; 11-15-2011 at 07:03 AM..
Old 11-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #1282

Hello JUDDD BUDS

I finally got a minute to post. I see you all are doing well.

Shari, OMG! 3.4 pounds from DD?!! . That's and epic loss, girl. Good job.

Deb, congrats on your pound loss too!

Pati, this is a DD for me as well, so we're in this together! lol.

I ate over 2000 calories on yesterday since I was going to start JUDDD today. And to my surprise, I was down .8 from y'day . .

I'm excited about this and plan to do it the right way so I can see some true results!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #1283
Big Yapper!!!!

Meek! You know what they say, misery loves company so I am STOKED that you are on a DD with me

You ate well and lost! WTG YOU!!!

So have you planned your meals?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #1284

Quote:
Meek! You know what they say, misery loves company so I am STOKED that you are on a DD with me

You ate well and lost! WTG YOU!!!

So have you planned your meals?
, yes, misery does love company, lol.

Thank you

Yes, I have my meals planned for the day, but I haven't input the information in my iPhone app yet. I'll let you know what my calories are for the day.

What are you eating today??
Old 11-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #1285
Big Yapper!!!!

Meek, I keep my meals as simple as can be so I don't have to think about it at all.

Morning is coffee w/h&h/sucralose.
I hold off eating until about 1 PM so I don't overeat. At that time, I'll eat a canned soup. I love Progresso light soups. Most come in at about 150/160 calories.
Then at dinner I'll have a frozen Lean Cuisine or another soup. I normally eat about 320-350 cals and the rest of them I use up in creamer and coffee. (I've said this before, but I am satisfied so long as my coffee/cream isn't taken away.

This has been working so far so I'll keep up with it. I know I should probably make my own low calorie meals but doing it this way takes the guessing/estimating/weighing out of it (I'm lazy when it comes to this! )
Old 11-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #1286

Okay, so I just added my food and CLO and my stats are:

Fat: 28g
Protein: 68g
Carbs: 20 allowed; 8 consumed; 12 available
Calories: 599

Not too bad. Fat low because if I eat more, it will SHOOT up my calories, so I guess I have to keep it low on DD . However, if I take more than 1Tbsp of Cod Liver Oil, it will increase my calories a bit. I expect to go over 500 calories per day on DD, so no biggie.

What do you all think?

My menu is:

B: Coffee with non-dairy cream + splenda, 24.5 oz of water
L: Salmon topped w/crab meat, 1.5 cups of salad veggies, 24.5 oz water
D: Same as lunch
S: Honeycrisp apple, green tea
Supps: 1 prenatal vitamin; CLO
Old 11-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #1287

Quote:
Meek, I keep my meals as simple as can be so I don't have to think about it at all.

Morning is coffee w/h&h/sucralose.
I hold off eating until about 1 PM so I don't overeat. At that time, I'll eat a canned soup. I love Progresso light soups. Most come in at about 150/160 calories.
Then at dinner I'll have a frozen Lean Cuisine or another soup. I normally eat about 320-350 cals and the rest of them I use up in creamer and coffee. (I've said this before, but I am satisfied so long as my coffee/cream isn't taken away.

This has been working so far so I'll keep up with it. I know I should probably make my own low calorie meals but doing it this way takes the guessing/estimating/weighing out of it (I'm lazy when it comes to this! )
I totally understand. It's best to keep it as simple as possible . I thought about adding soups too. I'll check out Progresso the next time I'm at the market.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #1288
Big Yapper!!!!

Seems you are doing low carb?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #1289

Quote:
Seems you are doing low carb?
Yes.... for now
Old 11-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #1290

I think it's important for me to make sure I'm getting in the proper fat, protein and veggies; especially on my DDs since I"m not eating many calories.
Closed Thread