Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Good morning ladies, happy UD!!

I just had McD's egg mcmuffin and large coffee w/ cream, you? Weigh in was good for me after what I ate on Tuesday...had a gain of only .4 after yesterday's DD, so I'm impressed. Now to stay within range is my challenge to really see how this works.
HAPPY UP DAY!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 06:39 AM   #1232
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Oh I love Christmas too, it's my favorite time of the year!! We posted at the same time but I think this week was a fluke with TOM and eating too much on Tuesday so I evened out today. Very nice lossess!!! See you and Deb are an example of how this really works. I'm aiming to get to my lowest last week of 165, I'm 168.something now so . I think you can definitely maintain on Atkins if you up the carbs to not remain in ketosis and eat to calorie limit to maintain weight.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:47 AM   #1233
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh I love Christmas too, it's my favorite time of the year!! We posted at the same time but I think this week was a fluke with TOM and eating too much on Tuesday so I evened out today. Very nice lossess!!! See you and Deb are an example of how this really works. I'm aiming to get to my lowest last week of 165, I'm 168.something now so . I think you can definitely maintain on Atkins if you up the carbs to not remain in ketosis and eat to calorie limit to maintain weight.
You should be at 165 by the end of the week I am sure!!!!

Shari, don't think I did great on Tuesday. Nuhuh. I ate ALOT! But that said, I do eat no more than about 400 cals on the 2 down days I had. That's food calories and I am not counting the calories from the creamer which is alot (i have 2 big cups )
Old 11-10-2011, 06:48 AM   #1234

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Good morning ladies, happy UD!!

I just had McD's egg mcmuffin and large coffee w/ cream, you? Weigh in was good for me after what I ate on Tuesday...had a gain of only .4 after yesterday's DD, so I'm impressed. Now to stay within range is my challenge to really see how this works.
MORNING!!! sorry I got a late start today and headed straight into another meeting! no time for fun!! GAH!!!!... Well you are working this thing good Shari!.. I weighed in today and had ZERO change, so for ME, that is success!!! I ate probably 3000 cals the day before yesterday... and then yesterday on my DD I had around 700 before the evening ended.. I am OK WITH THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post

MORNING LADIES!!! Where are you guys? Thought you'd be happy and excited to come in to post your losses!

Here are mine...

Monday - Started with a down day
Tuesday - Up day weighed in the morning -2.5 from Monday
Wednesday - Down day +1lb
Thursday - Up day -2lbs

Ok this is hard to read. I'll say from Monday I've lost exactly 3 lbs! Funny thing is the food I got to eat on Tuesday and the food I'll get to eat today. (Started my day with a croissant w/egg and 2 sausage links)
This is my experiment for the week. I said I'd continue if it works and from what I can see, it's working. So I'll keep at it for a while.

I do hope to eventually make better food choices than what I am having on my up days but cut me some slack! I'm excited and it's working. Eventually I'll plan better and bring my own food for lunches and breakkys. (Greek yogurts/oatmeal/salads with avocado <--I do know how to eat healthy. Just a bad kid is all I am ) ...

I do have a question for you guys. Just something that came to mind (in the shower at that! ) If we went from JUDDD back to Atkins, do you think we'd be able to keep the weight stable? Or even continue to lose? Just wondering

CHIME IN PEOPLE!!!

Let me know how you are doing!!!

BTW - I'm in such a good mood listening to Christmas music (I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas!!!!)
HI PATI!!! WOW you are really doing well!!.. I have got to make better choices also on my UP DAYS... I think I am just going too crazy with NON NUTRICIOUS foods... Just cuz I can... However, I think I would have better losses if I took it down a notch...

My DD turned a bit too high for a real DD so that is probably why I didn't lose... oh well.. today I start making smarter choices while still enjoying what I love.

Quote:
I agree!!!! Christmas is awesome!!! this year will be a bit sad for me though, with my Big Kids all gone too far to come home while working their jobs... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I will see them at Thanksgiving though, I HOPE!!! That is the plan anyway!

So today so far I have had half of the most delicious and juicy Ribeye, because I LOVE IT!.. Not sure what the rest of the day holds, but it will be smarter choices!!

Have a great day ladies!!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #1235

Quote:
You should be at 165 by the end of the week I am sure!!!!

Shari, don't think I did great on Tuesday. Nuhuh. I ate ALOT! But that said, I do eat no more than about 400 cals on the 2 down days I had. That's food calories and I am not counting the calories from the creamer which is alot (i have 2 big cups )
HOW DO YOU DO THAT???? Does the coffee really help you with keeping the hunger away? I have to find something that I can use to do that for me also!.. So impressed with you girl!!!..
Old 11-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #1236
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
MORNING!!! sorry I got a late start today and headed straight into another meeting! no time for fun!! GAH!!!!... Well you are working this thing good Shari!.. I weighed in today and had ZERO change, so for ME, that is success!!! I ate probably 3000 cals the day before yesterday... and then yesterday on my DD I had around 700 before the evening ended.. I am OK WITH THIS!

HI PATI!!! WOW you are really doing well!!.. I have got to make better choices also on my UP DAYS... I think I am just going too crazy with NON NUTRICIOUS foods... Just cuz I can... However, I think I would have better losses if I took it down a notch...

My DD turned a bit too high for a real DD so that is probably why I didn't lose... oh well.. today I start making smarter choices while still enjoying what I love.

I agree!!!! Christmas is awesome!!! this year will be a bit sad for me though, with my Big Kids all gone too far to come home while working their jobs... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I will see them at Thanksgiving though, I HOPE!!! That is the plan anyway!

So today so far I have had half of the most delicious and juicy Ribeye, because I LOVE IT!.. Not sure what the rest of the day holds, but it will be smarter choices!!

Have a great day ladies!!!!!
No weight gain is good too!!!

Hope you get to see your kiddos for Thanksgiving Deb! Maybe they will surprise momma for Christmas

Good start on your day! Ribeye
Old 11-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #1237
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
HOW DO YOU DO THAT???? Does the coffee really help you with keeping the hunger away? I have to find something that I can use to do that for me also!.. So impressed with you girl!!!..
I tell you, I can totally live on coffee and creamer! When I'm on Atkins, on Saturdays I normally do not want to eat alot during the day cuz I'm usually drinking mugs of coffee (it's my addiction )
Old 11-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #1238

Thanks Pati! Yeah, how do you do that?!!!

Deb, I had 2400 cals on Tuesday, 211 carbs! Like you said, better food choices..and not going crazy because we can and maintain..LOL. Today is like starting fresh again....
Old 11-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #1239
Blabbermouth!!!

I need to shop to do better!

My lunch for today (momma gave me left overs :yuumy Fried yuca and ribs!

BTW - I'm not counting cals on up days yet (I know bad) but I do make absolutely sure I don't go over (with food) on down days
Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #1240

Quote:
I tell you, I can totally live on coffee and creamer! When I'm on Atkins, on Saturdays I normally do not want to eat alot during the day cuz I'm usually drinking mugs of coffee (it's my addiction )
Well I am just going to have to give it a try tomorrow. Just see if it can hold off hunger for me.. I would LOVE for that to be my addiction, rather than FOOD!...
Quote:
Thanks Pati! Yeah, how do you do that?!!!

Deb, I had 2400 cals on Tuesday, 211 carbs! Like you said, better food choices..and not going crazy because we can and maintain..LOL. Today is like starting fresh again....
YES!! I totally feel like today is starting fresh. I am going to TRY to listen to my hunger instead of looking at things and thinking it would taste good... You are right in this would be the perfect plan to maintain!!!

In fact once we all hit goal, I think we can maintain FOREVER!! RIGHT!...
Old 11-10-2011, 06:59 AM   #1241

YUM!! Fried yucas I see some others don't count cals on UDs either. You're losing so it's all working out.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #1242

Quote:
I need to shop to do better!

My lunch for today (momma gave me left overs :yuumy Fried yuca and ribs!

BTW - I'm not counting cals on up days yet (I know bad) but I do make absolutely sure I don't go over (with food) on down days
YUM!!! thanks Momma!!... Well you are doing the plan the way I have read it should be done... so it is working for you!!!.. I think that I need to really concentrate on my DD also!!! If I can get those under control, I think I can continue to lose. I would be THRILLED if this works long term!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #1243

Quote:
YUM!! Fried yucas I see some others don't count cals on UDs either. You're losing so it's all working out.
I am not counting up days either.. I just happened to write down everything I could think of that I ate, to evaluate it... boy did I eat ALOT of sugar!!.. If I could just cut that in HALF, I would still be very satisfied!..

OH well, today is a new day, and I am excited!!!..
Old 11-10-2011, 07:25 AM   #1244
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am not counting up days either.. I just happened to write down everything I could think of that I ate, to evaluate it... boy did I eat ALOT of sugar!!.. If I could just cut that in HALF, I would still be very satisfied!..

OH well, today is a new day, and I am excited!!!..
My boss has a jar of chocolates and I dipped into them ALOT on Tuesday! Twix are soooo yummy and I couldn't keep away! I'm trying to not touch them today
Old 11-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #1245

LOL, I don't feel bad then. I had 3 white choc macademia cookies from Subway with my sandwhich and Cheetos. I got 3 thinking I was only going to eat 1 then give the rest to my boys..well you guessed what happened. Um yeah also that meal alone was 1400 cals. I actually said, okay I'm done for today..at that point my daily total was around 1900. But oh no, I had more cheetos for a snack really late that night so I'm really good with today evening out when I think about it. I'm vowing to do better...I need to lose weight not maintain.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #1246
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
LOL, I don't feel bad then. I had 3 white choc macademia cookies from Subway with my sandwhich and Cheetos. I got 3 thinking I was only going to eat 1 then give the rest to my boys..well you guessed what happened. Um yeah also that meal alone was 1400 cals. I actually said, okay I'm done for today..at that point my daily total was around 1900. But oh no, I had more cheetos for a snack really late that night so I'm really good with today evening out when I think about it. I'm vowing to do better...I need to lose weight not maintain.
MEH....Onward and downward
Old 11-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #1247

Quote:
My boss has a jar of chocolates and I dipped into them ALOT on Tuesday! Twix are soooo yummy and I couldn't keep away! I'm trying to not touch them today
I also had some candy type food....

Quote:
That sounds like my day too!!! I had the cheeseburger/onion rings/ then wanted sweets, candy from the candy drawer, yes we have that. Then the evening was just sort of repeat... That is why I think I just need to stick to better choices. I CAN HAVE ONE MEAL like this, but not 3 !!!...

Well that is IF I want to lose. Maintaining might be easy to do this way..

Quote:
MEH....Onward and downward
THAT IS RIGHT!!!! so far so good today!..
Old 11-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #1248
Blabbermouth!!!

Do UDs make you

I have been ALL AFTERNOON!!!! I can barely keep my eye balls opened!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #1249

Quote:
Do UDs make you

I have been ALL AFTERNOON!!!! I can barely keep my eye balls opened!!!
OMG YES!!!! I am dozing off looking at my computer!!! crazy.. I had somebody walk by and say BOOOOOO because apparently my head was falling forward..... oops...
Old 11-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #1250
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OMG YES!!!! I am dozing off looking at my computer!!! crazy.. I had somebody walk by and say BOOOOOO because apparently my head was falling forward..... oops...
OMG! That's hilarious!!!!

And it's weird how much more energetic we feel on dd's!!!! I
am going to go burn some of this laziness off with Zumba tho!! I have to....I'm beyond tired. I hope I don't fall asleep on the bus...Chicago ain't no joke. I'll be left without shoes!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #1251

Quote:
OMG! That's hilarious!!!!

And it's weird how much more energetic we feel on dd's!!!! I
am going to go burn some of this laziness off with Zumba tho!! I have to....I'm beyond tired. I hope I don't fall asleep on the bus...Chicago ain't no joke. I'll be left without shoes!
that is TRUE... haha.. so funny!!!! ok, well stay awake!!!... That is what I should do! EXERCISE! I am gonna do it because this feeling is really bad.... ENJOY THE WORKOUT!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:16 AM   #1252

I ate alot again!... dang it! Something about evenings, with the ok to eat, and all that.

Today I am looking forward to my DD. Soup is on my menu, and that will feel good, I have a sore throat this morning..... Hope nothing comes of it. Anyway, this is my early day, I leave at 1:30 on Friday's, so lots of work to do.

Hope you ladies have a great day and weekend!.. Keep up your good work!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 AM   #1253

I haven't calculated my numbers either but I ate well too to prepare for today. It's definitely an experiment trying to work out the numbers. I'm actually on the fence about if I should go back to moderate carbs..I feel sooo lethargic like Pati said when eating heavy carbs. But now if I want carbs..I will eat them, but not just because I can have them. Soup on the menu today too. I need to go to the grocery store and restock for the next week. Hope nothing comes from the sore throat...have a good day!
Old 11-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #1254
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I ate alot again!... dang it! Something about evenings, with the ok to eat, and all that.

Today I am looking forward to my DD. Soup is on my menu, and that will feel good, I have a sore throat this morning..... Hope nothing comes of it. Anyway, this is my early day, I leave at 1:30 on Friday's, so lots of work to do.

Hope you ladies have a great day and weekend!.. Keep up your good work!
I over ate too...I worked out but man are carbs heavy on the stomach and well I was a pretty much in a carb coma all evening! WOW! I couldn't believe how hard it was to keep my eyes open from it! SOOOOO DID NOT LIKE IT!!!

Hope you're not getting a cold!

Enjoy your short day!! Stay clean with your eating (I find it more difficult when not at work )

Quote:
I haven't calculated my numbers either but I ate well too to prepare for today. It's definitely an experiment trying to work out the numbers. I'm actually on the fence about if I should go back to moderate carbs..I feel sooo lethargic like Pati said when eating heavy carbs. But now if I want carbs..I will eat them, but not just because I can have them. Soup on the menu today too. I need to go to the grocery store and restock for the next week. Hope nothing comes from the sore throat...have a good day!
Shari, it is so nice to KNOW WE COULD HAVE THE CARBS! But unfortunately, I'm learning I over do it. I need to find a balance....I will. I'm saying it's only cuz its the first week and well, I'm like a kid in a candy store (LITERALLY! )

Well, I weighed (YES YES I DID) and again I only gained 1 lb from my debauchery! However, I felt ILL all morning I am NOT DOING THAT AGAIN!!!

Today is a down day (as you guys know since we are on the same schedule it seems). My meals NEED TO BE LOW. I'll do soup and boiled eggs (I LOVE BOILED EGGS ) for my two meals and coffee with cream at dinner....

Have a great day ladies!!! I'll make sure to come in tomorrow with my #s....
Old 11-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #1255
Blabbermouth!!!

I must of ate sooooo well yesterday that's it carried over to today cuz I JUST ate my soup! (BTW - Progresso lite Chicken and Dumpling is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo on the top of my list now! I was pleasantly surprised)....

I am sooooo energetic today! I can not believe how food affects our bodies. Yesterday at this time I could barely keep my eyes opened from the carbs/eating. Today? I've barely just ate my first meal and I have a ton of enegy!!?!?!

Hope you gals are having a fantastic day!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #1256

Good morning ladies,

Well yesterday was a bust! My DD turned into a MD/UD. So I'm thinking of doing a correct DD today so tomorrow can still be an UD. Surprisingly the scale still showed a loss..I imagine it would've been a greater loss today if I hadn't eaten pizza.

Quote:
I must of ate sooooo well yesterday that's it carried over to today cuz I JUST ate my soup! (BTW - Progresso lite Chicken and Dumpling is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo on the top of my list now! I was pleasantly surprised)....

I am sooooo energetic today! I can not believe how food affects our bodies. Yesterday at this time I could barely keep my eyes opened from the carbs/eating. Today? I've barely just ate my first meal and I have a ton of enegy!!?!?!

Hope you gals are having a fantastic day!
Progresso soup is my fav now for DDs. I haven't tried the chicken and dumplings yet. I got the ones that were on sale, 2 for $3. I agree about the carb drugging...
Old 11-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #1257
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning pals Happy Saturday!!!!

Up day today and I am excited to report I am at my lowest I have been all year!!!!! In the 5 days I have done JUDDD I have lost 4 lbs and that is with the 2 full eating days!?!?! This is fantastic! I am so glad to have followed in both of your footsteps

Shari I may need to pick your brain regarding how to go about tomorrow? "medium" day...

Good luck with your down day today Shari!

Deb how was your down day? Did you weigh? I'm excited to here!

Last edited by 12yrslater; 11-12-2011 at 07:31 AM..
Old 11-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #1258

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Hi ladies, stopping to see whats good? Seems as if you three are dropping weight like crazy . You go girls!!!

Have a great Saturday .
Old 11-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #1259

Wow Pati that's incredible!! Congrats on your new low.!! I wish I could tell you how to do a medium day..I'm still trying to calculate that myself since I changed my numbers. Last week I was eating up to 2000 on UD so made my MD between that number at around 1000-1100. Now I've lowered my UD to 1900 so now my cals would be 950-1050 (I don't mind going up to 100 over if needed). I'm still researching the board though....

Howdy Meek! Glad to 'see' you.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #1260

Quote:
Morning pals Happy Saturday!!!!

Up day today and I am excited to report I am at my lowest I have been all year!!!!! In the 5 days I have done JUDDD I have lost 4 lbs and that is with the 2 full eating days!?!?! This is fantastic! I am so glad to have followed in both of your footsteps

Shari I may need to pick your brain regarding how to go about tomorrow? "medium" day...

Good luck with your down day today Shari!

Deb how was your down day? Did you weigh? I'm excited to here!
HOLY COW!!! girl you are rocking this!!!! I really think the DD is truely the key! My DD's are still not there yet. I am working on it, but not doing as well as you are! I did have a pound loss, so I am happy for that!

I am doing an UP DAY today, and have been eating very well. Tailgate today for Football here in town, so of course, EATING ALOT... I am not drinking though, and that usually gets me in trouble with food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Hi ladies, stopping to see whats good? Seems as if you three are dropping weight like crazy . You go girls!!!

Have a great Saturday .
MEEK!!!! miss you girl!!!! hope all is going well for you..

Quote:
Wow Pati that's incredible!! Congrats on your new low.!! I wish I could tell you how to do a medium day..I'm still trying to calculate that myself since I changed my numbers. Last week I was eating up to 2000 on UD so made my MD between that number at around 1000-1100. Now I've lowered my UD to 1900 so now my cals would be 950-1050 (I don't mind going up to 100 over if needed). I'm still researching the board though....

Howdy Meek! Glad to 'see' you.
Shari! I like the fact that we can adjust our DD to a MD if needed. My DD ended up around 650.I really want to get it down to 500 so I can get some good losses, but it is just not happening yet.

MAYBE I will just have to accept smaller losses. I don't know. ANYWAY, STILL Love that I could eat as much as I did and lose weight. I haven't been able to do this in a year! So I will continue on and keep on working!

How is your days going ladies? I am gonna nap for a bit, my throat is still sore, but I will check back later.
Closed Thread