Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #1141
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
I hear you Pati!! I am also addicted to the scale. HOWEVER, you learn that you should NEVER EVER EVER weigh after an up day if the scale bothers you in any way...

I am on a down day today, so no weigh in for me!.. I am aiming for around 700 today, my up day was around 2000 yesterday, so I want a lower day today. I am prepared!!!! I am also hungry already...

Oh well, gonna give this a shot. If I am still hungry later today, I will just add more protein like I did on P2. This is really fun! I FEEL skinnier, even after an up day. How strange huh?

Good luck to all of you today!.. I'll check back later.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #1142
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I hear you Pati!! I am also addicted to the scale. HOWEVER, you learn that you should NEVER EVER EVER weigh after an up day if the scale bothers you in any way...

I am on a down day today, so no weigh in for me!.. I am aiming for around 700 today, my up day was around 2000 yesterday, so I want a lower day today. I am prepared!!!! I am also hungry already...

Oh well, gonna give this a shot. If I am still hungry later today, I will just add more protein like I did on P2. This is really fun! I FEEL skinnier, even after an up day. How strange huh?

Good luck to all of you today!.. I'll check back later.

You feel skinnier?!?!? HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT!!?!?!

Morning luvs

How is everyone doing?

Hey Deb, mind sharing what your meals look like? (I'm a copy cat...I like to read what others eat so I can sorta mirror it ) LOL
Old 11-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #1143

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Good morning ladies, I have to go back and read what I missed.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #1144

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
You feel skinnier?!?!? HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT!!?!?!

Morning luvs

How is everyone doing?

Hey Deb, mind sharing what your meals look like? (I'm a copy cat...I like to read what others eat so I can sorta mirror it ) LOL
Thanks Paticakes! I love the feeling! Now, as for what I eat? HAHA.. you don't want to copycat me.. let me think what did i actually EAT yesterday??

Morning- pork chops, rice, corn -- yes this was my breakfast..

work-- salad- yummy one. snack size milky way. sliced turkey and cheese on bagel thins. carb options yogurt and grapes. ( kinda carby lunch )

Dinner- yummy broiled chicken breast WITH skin and it was GOOD. Asparagus, and a bite of orange sherbert.

Ok, so my carbs were high yesterday, and the majority of my cals were at breakfast. SO, I guess I must have worked off most of the damage yesterday to feel skinnier today?? Hey, I will take it!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Good morning ladies, I have to go back and read what I missed.
Good Morning Sunshine!!!...
Old 11-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #1145

Those M&Ms didn't hurt me, I still lost well today! I feel more confident with trying carbs..oh shoot, I just remembered I didn't get my sweet potato yesterday. I think I'm going to go after work just for that..LOL. I know my side for dinner. I'm thinking of being bold and trying one higher carb meal/day then going from there. Your menu yesterday looks good to me!

Ms. Pati, when are you starting..come on over!!

Meek, hey lady..so glad you posted. I definitely understand with school coming first. Take care and please post when you can.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #1146

Quote:
Those M&Ms didn't hurt me, I still lost well today! I feel more confident with trying carbs..oh shoot, I just remembered I didn't get my sweet potato yesterday. I think I'm going to go after work just for that..LOL. I know my side for dinner. I'm thinking of being bold and trying one higher carb meal/day then going from there. Your menu yesterday looks good to me!

Meek, hey lady..so glad you posted. I definitely understand with school coming first. Take care and please post when you can.
That is WONDERFUL!!! yay!! this plan totally ROCKS!.. I think this is definately something that will be a lifetime plan for me. Especially after reaching goal and the percentage of the DD goes up some. VERY DOABLE!!!!!!

ENJOY TODAY!!... sounds awesome!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #1147

I agree Deb, hopefully we've found the key. Enjoy your day too!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #1148
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Only if you tell me you have cookies!

Congrats on the loss babe!!!!

Deb, thanks for sharing your meals! Your day sounded so much better (food wise) than mine!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #1149

Quote:
I agree Deb, hopefully we've found the key. Enjoy your day too!
YES!! I really think this is a long term thing.. love it!!
Quote:
Only if you tell me you have cookies!

Congrats on the loss babe!!!!

Deb, thanks for sharing your meals! Your day sounded so much better (food wise) than mine!
HAHA.. when I have an UP day, I don't plan real well. I just eat what I WANT to, within the limits. I tend to eat less that way, because I can have a little of whatever I want.. so far so good!!...
Old 11-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #1150
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
HAHA.. when I have an UP day, I don't plan real well. I just eat what I WANT to, within the limits. I tend to eat less that way, because I can have a little of whatever I want.. so far so good!!...
Totally makes sense since humans tend to want more and more of what they are told they can't have!

LOVE YOUR WAY OF THINKING!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #1151

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
I have a minute so I decided to swing by really quick to say hello.

I'm so happy you ladies found a plan that suits you! Me, on the other hand, have not! . I'm getting BIGGER as the days go by. I need to get back on track and quick!

Anyways, keep up the good work, yaw!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #1152

Quote:
Totally makes sense since humans tend to want more and more of what they are told they can't have! LOVE YOUR WAY OF THINKING!!!
EXACTLY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post

I'm so happy you ladies found a plan that suits you! Me, on the other hand, have not! . I'm getting BIGGER as the days go by. I need to get back on track and quick!

Oh hon when things calm down and you are ready, we are here to cheer you on no matter what you do!!! heck we are here now!.. so even if you are not ready for any plan... would still love to hear how things are going for you!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #1153

Thanks Pati, I had M&Ms..does that count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post

Meek..come back and talk with us..don't get too stressed that you're putting on weight, you've worked sooo hard to get it off. Now the good thing is that a lot of it is water so it'll come right back off. I just know how it feels to let things get out of control, I was 10lbs heavier last week, then you feel more out of control and get depressed when you jump on the scale..ugh! You can do it, what support do you need hun?
Old 11-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #1154
Blabbermouth!!!

Luvs!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #1155

MORNING!!!! It is a typical Friday here and I am swamped trying to get out early, but I will report my DD turned into a MED day, because I was really really hungry last night... I think for ME, I have to keep it fairly low carb on my up days, or I can't make it through the DD.

Oh well, it is an EXPERIMENT!!...

Today is an UP DAY and I am eating STEAK, and whatever else low carb I want. I want to see if I feel better tomorrow on the lower cals after eating LOW CARB today!..

Hope all is well with my buddies!!!...
Old 11-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #1156

Morning Pati!

Morning Deb I agree, it is an experiment. I'm going to have to throw in a MD to get Thanksgiving on a UD. However I see in the JUDDD thread that a poster makes every Sat a MD that way her days through the week stay the same. I see you'll be able to have more wiggle room on the weekends with family and eating. I may try that this weekend and see how it goes. As you said, it's all an experiment to see what works for us! Have a great Friday and hope you're able to leave early.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #1157

Quote:
Morning Pati!

Morning Deb I agree, it is an experiment. I'm going to have to throw in a MD to get Thanksgiving on a UD. However I see in the JUDDD thread that a poster makes every Sat a MD that way her days through the week stay the same. I see you'll be able to have more wiggle room on the weekends with family and eating. I may try that this weekend and see how it goes. As you said, it's all an experiment to see what works for us! Have a great Friday and hope you're able to leave early.
Exactly!! I am excited about the possibilities and love this experiment!.. I am also thinking of just making one day a week a MD and keeping them the same the rest of the time.. Easier for me to NOT have to think so much...

I am closing in on getting out of here at 1:30 then lots of stuff to do, so If I don't get back today, I'll catch you all ASAP!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #1158
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
MORNING!!!! It is a typical Friday here and I am swamped trying to get out early, but I will report my DD turned into a MED day, because I was really really hungry last night... I think for ME, I have to keep it fairly low carb on my up days, or I can't make it through the DD.

Oh well, it is an EXPERIMENT!!...

Today is an UP DAY and I am eating STEAK, and whatever else low carb I want. I want to see if I feel better tomorrow on the lower cals after eating LOW CARB today!..

Hope all is well with my buddies!!!...
You know your body!! You'll get it "tweaked" to fit you!!!
Did you weigh?

Quote:
Morning Pati!

I was reading your post on Gracie's journal (I wrote it down) just in case I need it

I started an up day today. Not gonna over do it but I am also doing carbs! EEEEKKKKK!! Did I just say the forbidden word?!?!?! Ok, I am still trying to balance my meals regardless of it being an upday (1st one). I had those Nature Valley granola with a diet coke for brekky (YES I NEEDED THE CAFFEINE! ) Going to a Brazilian churrascarria (sp) for lunch (Fogo de Chao) so I will eat meats and salad there. Dinner? TBD (if any I may have to pass depending how tummy feels ) ...

I am NOT weighing tomorrow after an up day so. Saturday will be my first down day on this experiment and I will weigh Sunday. I still have to go shop for tomorrow....

Will keep y'all posted!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #1159

Quote:
You know your body!! You'll get it "tweaked" to fit you!!!
Did you weigh?

I was reading your post on Gracie's journal (I wrote it down) just in case I need it

I started an up day today. Not gonna over do it but I am also doing carbs! EEEEKKKKK!! Did I just say the forbidden word?!?!?! Ok, I am still trying to balance my meals regardless of it being an upday (1st one). I had those Nature Valley granola with a diet coke for brekky (YES I NEEDED THE CAFFEINE! ) Going to a Brazilian churrascarria (sp) for lunch (Fogo de Chao) so I will eat meats and salad there. Dinner? TBD (if any I may have to pass depending how tummy feels ) ...

I am NOT weighing tomorrow after an up day so. Saturday will be my first down day on this experiment and I will weigh Sunday. I still have to go shop for tomorrow....

Will keep y'all posted!
No, I did not weigh because it turned into a MD. I will weigh on Sunday morning. I am THRILLED you are giving this a try!. GO GIRL!..

Just really keep track of cals at first until you know what you can eat.. and get away with it...

I have to RUN.. BUT YAY!! all my JUDDD buddies!!!. Ill check back soon!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #1160

Good morning Deb, Pati and Meek!

Deb, I've decided to stay more on the lower carb side and eat zero sugar. I was craving something fierce yesterday for sugar and I think it's because I had more carbs on Thursday which made my DD seem a bit harder (?). Don't know.... As you said, it's all an experiment.

Pati~curious to see how you do eating regular food! Gracie is doing well too!

Last edited by shari; 11-05-2011 at 07:20 AM..
Old 11-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #1161

Quote:
Good morning Deb, Pati and Meek!

Deb, I've decided to stay more on the lower carb side and eat zero sugar. I was craving something fierce yesterday for sugar and I think it's because I had more carbs on Thursday which made my DD seem a bit harder (?). Don't know.... As you said, it's all an experiment.

Pati~curious to see how you do eating regular food! Gracie is doing well too!
Good Morning Shari, Pati, Meek!!!! I really think the sugar is the culprit for me too... Yesterday I had hardly any sugar and today I am doing fine. I decided this is going to be my MD every week, like you had suggested.

So! Today I am going to aim for about 1100 cals or so. Since it is mostly low carb, I feel like I can eat a few more cals, than If I was eating sugar. One steip at a time!....

Hope your day goes well Shari!! Is this an UD for you? or are you doing the MD on Saturdays?

Pati, how did it go?????

MEEK!!! thinking of you!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #1162

hey Deb, it's suppose to be a MD but I'm extra hungry so it may turn into an UD..LOL. I'm aiming for today to be a MD but if not, tomorrow will be a MD then Monday back to DD. I'm going to eat my last sweet potato now so I can get the carbs done for the day. It still shouldn't run any higher than 37 carbs today.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #1163

Quote:
hey Deb, it's suppose to be a MD but I'm extra hungry so it may turn into an UD..LOL. I'm aiming for today to be a MD but if not, tomorrow will be a MD then Monday back to DD. I'm going to eat my last sweet potato now so I can get the carbs done for the day. It still shouldn't run any higher than 37 carbs today.
OH yes!! I don't blame you at all. It might be kinda hard to do a MD after a DD. I forgot we were on opposite days... Yesterday was my UP day and I went to my limit... Carbs were good though, under 30

Well enjoy your day and your last sweet potato!.. I think maybe we just need more time with this before we get too crazy with the carbs... Or at least I Do..

I just hate hunger SO MUCH!!.. I don't know how people are doing 500 cal days without starving!.. oh well, time will tell. I may be able to do that one day. if it helps me lose faster, I hope I DO!..
Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #1164
Blabbermouth!!!

Good afternoon chicas!! Hope you guys are enjoying your Saturday!! I surely am

Ok ladies....I came in here (ON A SATURDAY TO BOOT) to make myself accountable to you guys and myself. I totally whomped this day which was supposed to be a down day. That said, I know (FOR A FACT) that I can not make Sundays a down day. This will be my disaster weekend and I will start on a low day come Monday...

Does that make sense?

This is by no means an excuse to eat what I want all weekend long. No sirrrrr! I know I can't do that any longer but I am gonna eat low carb.

So what do you guys think?
Old 11-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #1165

Quote:

Ok ladies....I came in here (ON A SATURDAY TO BOOT) to make myself accountable to you guys and myself. I totally whomped this day which was supposed to be a down day. That said, I know (FOR A FACT) that I can not make Sundays a down day. This will be my disaster weekend and I will start on a low day come Monday...

Does that make sense?

This is by no means an excuse to eat what I want all weekend long. No sirrrrr! I know I can't do that any longer but I am gonna eat low carb.

Totally get it!!! There is NO WAY I'd make Saturday a down day either! I am TRYING to make it a MD, but I think next week I am going to work it out to be an UP Day. I can then make Sunday a MD, and Monday a DD. I just don't think Saturdays are made to be DD.

Good luck hon, you get this. Just do what you have to do to make it work for your situation. We all have to! YAY to you for stopping by on a SATURDAY!..
Old 11-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #1166

Quote:

Does that make sense?

I can't do a true DD either, not now at least..not on a weekend or weekday! I can go low to net around 500-700 after exercise. That being said, I'm going to do as some other posters do on the JUDDD board, and make Sat or Sun a Medium day or Up day then M,W,F will be DD and T, Th will be UD..including Thanksgiving.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:15 AM   #1167

Good morning Deb and Pati!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #1168

hey Deb and Pati, just want to pass on some great info. On the JUDDD board, it was mentioned you can use another website, freedieting, for a better calculator for loss. It give you the most to eat for fat weight loss and extreme fat loss. So now instead of my UD being 2000, I'm shooting for 1600 for fat loss, 1300 for extreme fat loss. Said some people have great losses with this vs. maintaining on UDs.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #1169

Quote:
hey Deb and Pati, just want to pass on some great info. On the JUDDD board, it was mentioned you can use another website, freedieting, for a better calculator for loss. It give you the most to eat for fat weight loss and extreme fat loss. So now instead of my UD being 2000, I'm shooting for 1600 for fat loss, 1300 for extreme fat loss. Said some people have great losses with this vs. maintaining on UDs.
Morning Shari! I am going to have to check that out thanks!!! I am attempting a DD today, but I am not sure how it will go on the weekend. I have much better success during the week.

So an UP DAY can be as low as 1300? YIKES... I definately need to read more! Ill check back later.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #1170

notice that's for extreme fat loss...I'm aiming between the two. Or at least gonna try. It calculated for maintenance on an UD around 2000.
Closed Thread