Old 11-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #1111
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Wow !!! you are doing awesome!.. congrats on smaller jeans! I am proud of you dear!.. I did have some twizzlers, but counted the cals/carbs. not too bad!!! Have a great day my friends!!
I LOVE TWIZZLERS!

I really need to read this judd schtuff

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #1112
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Thanks Shari! I'll read (I'm just so busy that when I start, I get pulled to do something and totally forget to go back to it! )

Deb is the Queen of Tweaks! <-- Yep. Your new name
Love it! Yes she is but when she does, it works!!

Quote:
So how is everyone doing today?!?!

I am still doing wonderful. Wearing too big for me jeans (NOT COMPLAINING! ) Funny thing is my sister and my niece are losing too so we are swapping clothes. Actually mine is the biggest so I'm just putting it away. I get my sister's who is one size smaller than me (always has been) and then she is fitting her daughter's jeans and her daughter is the lucky dog getting new stuff!

Hope you all had a "candy free" Halloween!!!
Wow, that's wonderful Pati..congrats!!

Quote:
Yep, what Shari said! My week was mostly low carb, lower cal every other day. On my up days I just had fattier meats and more food. I may get brave and try to fit more carbs in, but right now I skeered it will make me hungry on my down days.

I averaged around 900 most down days, some higher than 1000 some lower. I haven't really dug into the science part yet, but I read it before, so I know how it works. I just don't care for the really low cals on the down days. I COULD do better I think, if I went by what they tell me is a good range. So far though, it is working and I won't tweak until it does not work.

READ Pati dear, lots of good info!!... I am REALLY enjoying this plan. I can't really call what I do JUDDD because I am tweaking, but it is in line with the idea of it.
I'm venturing today with more carbs..gonna try sweet potato fries..YUM. I'm afraid to go much higher too. I'm enjoying it thus far too!!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #1113

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Love it! Yes she is but when she does, it works!!

Wow, that's wonderful Pati..congrats!!

I'm venturing today with more carbs..gonna try sweet potato fries..YUM. I'm afraid to go much higher too. I'm enjoying it thus far too!!
Love it Shari!! let me know how you feel tomorrow!... would love to try a few things I REALLY miss... in smaller portions of course..
Old 11-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #1114

Have you seen in the JUDDD thread where people are eating, gulp...real bread, oatmeal, fries, burgers, pizza, etc. and still losing?! It's like I've been low carb for so long I'm afraid to venture over. I know you can lose weight with just calorie cutting, just never tried it...
Old 11-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #1115

Quote:
Have you seen in the JUDDD thread where people are eating, gulp...real bread, oatmeal, fries, burgers, pizza, etc. and still losing?! It's like I've been low carb for so long I'm afraid to venture over. I know you can lose weight with just calorie cutting, just never tried it...
YES!! I know, it seems like some of them were scared also, but eventually gave in... I would say it is worth trying for sure!.. I am just afraid to be hungry, but apparently they are not!

Today is a down day for me, so I'm having around 800 cals. Tomorrow I may venture out more on the carbs, time will tell...
Old 11-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #1116

Yeah, I've decided to up my DD range too. 500 net is still too low. I felt fine on Saturday when I was a little over 700. I recalcuated my UD cals and I lose cals for not exercising so instead of 2000 it's 1700. I just needed a mini-break but I'll be back on tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #1117

Quote:
Yeah, I've decided to up my DD range too. 500 net is still too low. I felt fine on Saturday when I was a little over 700. I recalcuated my UD cals and I lose cals for not exercising so instead of 2000 it's 1700. I just needed a mini-break but I'll be back on tomorrow.
That sounds like a real good range! When I say I am skeered of being hungry, I am talking that starving feeling. I found today so far that my stomach is empty feeling but NOT starving. When I feel like I really need to eat, I am eating some low carb veges, and a few bites of Yogurt. It does the trick and I know I can make it on 800 cals today!

I am excited about this, because tomorrow will be around 1800.. so what I miss today, I CAN have tomorrow... if I still want it...
Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #1118

Riiight! That's what kept me going yesterday, knowing that I could eat very well today. I had that hunger you were talking about and a few green beans I'd cooked for the boys helped for the rest of the evening. I'll keep posting how it goes..I'd love to come close to the success you had this past week.
I ordered the miracle noodles from netrition yesterday to have on my DD. I hear that helps with feeling more full too. Have you tried them?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #1119

Quote:
Riiight! That's what kept me going yesterday, knowing that I could eat very well today. I had that hunger you were talking about and a few green beans I'd cooked for the boys helped for the rest of the evening. I'll keep posting how it goes..I'd love to come close to the success you had this past week.
I ordered the miracle noodles from netrition yesterday to have on my DD. I hear that helps with feeling more full too. Have you tried them?
Yes those miracle noodles! I saw how Gracie is doing well with them and love me some of those too.. I have never tried them, but if she says she can make them taste good for zero cals, hey I am all for trying that!..

Yes, keep us informed how you are doing this week, I know you can lose well on this, I think anyone can really. I started with a big ole bunch of water retention, so I don't expect that much this week. HOWEVER, if I can lose around 3 pounds a week, which seems doable.. I AM HAPPY!!!...
Old 11-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #1120
Big Yapper!!!!

May I ask, is there a # one is supposed to be hitting when doing DDs? How about up days?

Some calculator I should be following? (if I were to follow)

What about foods? Does it matter what I eat say on a down day if I stay within my calorie restriction?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #1121

Quote:
May I ask, is there a # one is supposed to be hitting when doing DDs? How about up days?

Some calculator I should be following? (if I were to follow)

What about foods? Does it matter what I eat say on a down day if I stay within my calorie restriction?
I think Shari should answer this since I have not read enough yet. There is a calculater on the doctors web site i think? you can also google it.

That will give you the cal #'s you need on both dd and up days. ANYTHING is edible on both days. You only count the cals, if you so choose..
Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #1122

yeah Pati, you have to go to the website and put in your stats to get your range for low-high ranges. There are plenty of people that just count cals not carbs and losing well. Gracie lost last week eating pizza, popcorn, cookie, etc. Read the last few pages of her journal. That piqued my interest!

I went to the chicken place and they are out of sweet potato fries!!! Sooo, I just got chicken. Looks like today is going to be low carb after all because I don't want to eat white starchy food just yet and that's all they had. I'm going to the store tomorrow and buy my own sweet potato for Thursday.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #1123
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I think Shari should answer this since I have not read enough yet. There is a calculater on the doctors web site i think? you can also google it.

That will give you the cal #'s you need on both dd and up days. ANYTHING is edible on both days. You only count the cals, if you so choose..
Quote:
yeah Pati, you have to go to the website and put in your stats to get your range for low-high ranges. There are plenty of people that just count cals not carbs and losing well. Gracie lost last week eating pizza, popcorn, cookie, etc. Read the last few pages of her journal. That piqued my interest!

I went to the chicken place and they are out of sweet potato fries!!! Sooo, I just got chicken. Looks like today is going to be low carb after all because I don't want to eat white starchy food just yet and that's all they had. I'm going to the store tomorrow and buy my own sweet potato for Thursday.
you guys are so sweet for putting up with my questions (when I know as well as you do that I should be reading...Eating lunch now so I'll go take a peak)...

Sorry you couldn't get your fries (those sweet potato fries are AMAZING!)
Hopefully you get some soon!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #1124

oh Pati silly, how else can we all learn and share? ASK AWAY!... and read...so you can tell me more..

SHARI! sorry about the fries.. but if you are getting your own Sweet Taters.. that will be even better in 2 days!.. how fun is this?..
Old 11-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #1125

Quote:
oh Pati silly, how else can we all learn and share? ASK AWAY!... and read...so you can tell me more..

SHARI! sorry about the fries.. but if you are getting your own Sweet Taters.. that will be even better in 2 days!.. how fun is this?..

Ditto! Yeah, I'm happy I get to make have it on Thursday, with butter and sweetner I'm fulled to the gills with 1/2 chicken, I don't know if I would've eaten them all anyway.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #1126

Quote:
Ditto! Yeah, I'm happy I get to make have it on Thursday, with butter and sweetner I'm fulled to the gills with 1/2 chicken, I don't know if I would've eaten them all anyway.
Haha.. see? things work out for a reason....
Old 11-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #1127

I couldn't resist, I had to try a small bag of M & M peanut fun size just for kicks (plus I've been saving them in the back of my drawer for weeks now, they do go bad at some point don't they? ). When I entered it in for my daily caloric count, I'm still within carb goal range (32 now) and have 700 cals still left for the day. Yay!! No more experimenting..I'm done for today..LOL.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #1128

Quote:
I couldn't resist, I had to try a small bag of M & M peanut fun size just for kicks (plus I've been saving them in the back of my drawer for weeks now, they do go bad at some point don't they? ). When I entered it in for my daily caloric count, I'm still within carb goal range (32 now) and have 700 cals still left for the day. Yay!! No more experimenting..I'm done for today..LOL.
LOL oh Shari, so funny!! you are doing fine.. one day you will allow yourself that treat and not think twice!.. ( listen to me who is afraid of carbs right now.. )

I also hope to allow myself something I love and not worry bout it!.. go US!.. As for the M & M's going bad, yeah I think they do...eventually... that's my story and I'm sticking to it....
Old 11-02-2011, 05:22 AM   #1129

Good Morning Friends!.. not much to report.. my DD was a breeze. Of course I did have 833 cals. Seems like a low number, but I felt like I ate alot. Not as low as most others doing JUDDD but I am not officially doing JUDDD.

SOOOOOOOO today is an up day and I don't want to ruin my feeling from my down day, so I probably won't be eating toooooo much. I will try to stay below 1800 cals, mostly low carb, but I think I want some corn and rice today.... haha.. what a silly craving, but I like it.

Hope all of you are well, and on track!.. back later!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #1130
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning Deb, Shari, Meek and Friends who may be lurking
Deb do you weigh every other day (or the day AFTER a down day?)
Shari how are you doing?
Hiya Meek

How's it going?!?!? Remember the challenge I was doing with my family/friends? Guess who won?!?!? ME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the pot o' cash!!! It was such a tight race tho. Between my sister, my sons gf and I. I will have you know that my son's gf lost 20 lbs in her little frame (well little to me; she still wants to lose). Anyway, she lost and ate carbs! She allowed herself 2 cheat days a week (Wednesday & Saturday). And still lost so well....I was proud of MOST of us. Some didn't even try

Anyway, I'm glad it's over. Not cuz I will go crazy and eat everything in sight but because now I can relax a nudge and play around with JUDD.

SO I read the actual site and I am INTRIGUED. Aside from that, I see my friends on here losing while doing this? What more do I need to give it a try?

Ok, plugged my numbers into the calculator so I know what I need. I also know that I will most likely be surviving on oatmeal and soups for down days. (I will need the oatmeal since I'm weight lifting). On up days, I plan on eating more but healthier and if I have an outing on up days, I won't go too crazy but at least I can eat w/o feeling too guilty!

All that said, I have a question. Did you guys do the first part of the diet? The "Induction Phase" which consists of 500 cals for 2 weeks?!?!?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:50 AM   #1131

Quote:

Morning Deb, Shari, Meek and Friends who may be lurking
Deb do you weigh every other day (or the day AFTER a down day?)
Shari how are you doing?
Hiya Meek

How's it going?!?!? Remember the challenge I was doing with my family/friends? Guess who won?!?!? ME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the pot o' cash!!! It was such a tight race tho. Between my sister, my sons gf and I. I will have you know that my son's gf lost 20 lbs in her little frame (well little to me; she still wants to lose). Anyway, she lost and ate carbs! She allowed herself 2 cheat days a week (Wednesday & Saturday). And still lost so well....I was proud of MOST of us. Some didn't even try

Anyway, I'm glad it's over. Not cuz I will go crazy and eat everything in sight but because now I can relax a nudge and play around with JUDD.

SO I read the actual site and I am INTRIGUED. Aside from that, I see my friends on here losing while doing this? What more do I need to give it a try?

Ok, plugged my numbers into the calculator so I know what I need. I also know that I will most likely be surviving on oatmeal and soups for down days. (I will need the oatmeal since I'm weight lifting). On up days, I plan on eating more but healthier and if I have an outing on up days, I won't go too crazy but at least I can eat w/o feeling too guilty!

All that said, I have a question. Did you guys do the first part of the diet? The "Induction Phase" which consists of 500 cals for 2 weeks?!?!?
WAHOOOOOOOOOO go PATI!!! congrats on winning girl!!.. AWESOME!!

YES!! now you can play around. Did I do the induction phase? NO. did not find it necessary and lots of others did not also. HOWEVER, your down days are pretty close to that anyway if you are following his plan to the T.

Anyway, for ME, it was not necessary to go that low, YET!! I do say YET!!! because I may find myself slipping down towards that level if I am not starving... I would really like to do it the way he says the science works, and that means the most important thing seems to be the DOWN DAY.

SO!! we shall see!!! Shari how about you??
Old 11-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #1132
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
WAHOOOOOOOOOO go PATI!!! congrats on winning girl!!.. AWESOME!!

YES!! now you can play around. Did I do the induction phase? NO. did not find it necessary and lots of others did not also. HOWEVER, your down days are pretty close to that anyway if you are following his plan to the T.

Anyway, for ME, it was not necessary to go that low, YET!! I do say YET!!! because I may find myself slipping down towards that level if I am not starving... I would really like to do it the way he says the science works, and that means the most important thing seems to be the DOWN DAY.

SO!! we shall see!!! Shari how about you??

Thanks for the congrats

Deb (you may have mentioned this) but are you doing this low carb?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #1133

Quote:
Thanks for the congrats

Deb (you may have mentioned this) but are you doing this low carb?
FOR NOW.. I just feel more SAFE, more in control doing it low carb. However, on my up days, I am trying to allow myself a treat now and then which raises the carbs, but still under 50 most of the time.

When or IF I get brave, I may add more down the line. For NOW, low carb is what I Love, and it works. My DD are mainly salads, lean protein, and yogurt. HUMMm... 17DD food!.. but I think I am going to venture a bit on those too, lots of folks are eating just about anything that adds up to 500 cals/ 600/700/800 etc... soups are popular, fruit, lots of veges etc.

This is honestly an EXPERIMENT!!.. heard that before?...
Old 11-02-2011, 07:25 AM   #1134
Big Yapper!!!!

the word "Experiment" makes me laugh now!

Well, I was thinking of soups for meals too (only cuz I don't have to think too much about it?)
I would stick to the low sodium ones of course...Or maybe even (dare I say it?) Lean Cuisines?!?!? LOL (I actually like em)

Last edited by 12yrslater; 11-02-2011 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: (I wasn't done and I hit enter! LOL)
Old 11-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #1135

Quote:
the word "Experiment" makes me laugh now!

Well, I was thinking of soups for meals too (only cuz I don't have to think too much about it?)
I would stick to the low sodium ones of course...Or maybe even (dare I say it?) Lean Cuisines?!?!? LOL (I actually like em)
You know those meals are actually a great idea!! You have the cal count right there, and add some veges/salad./ soup whatever, and that would fill me up a couple times a day... THANKS For the TIP!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #1136

Good morning Deb and Pati! Yay Pati, congrats on winning the challenge and now becoming a JUDDD BUDDD..LOL. That's what they say on the JUDDD thread. I love this plan!! I've decided to still stay on the lower carb of things for now but will get braver as I get more settled on this plan to up it gradually. That way my body isn't shocked by a load of carbs..but others seem to be okay with just eating regular food and losing as long as they stay w/in calorie range. I ate the M&Ms yesteday and the sugar triggered strong cravings for something sweet last night. So I'm going to stay away from that for now.

I'm sooo excited you are joining the bandwagon. I don't know so much about the induction phase, my range is 500-700 for DD so I guess I'm not really being a stickler about it either.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #1137

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Deb, Pati, and Shari.

Sorry I've been MIA the past few days. Just been busy with family and school. I'm trying to stay focus so I can get through this semester and possible get all A's .

I see you all are following JUDDD! What an awesome chose in plan . I wish you all the best. Happy Losing!

Chat with you all again soon. Hugs and Smooches!
Old 11-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #1138

Quote:
Good morning Deb and Pati! Yay Pati, congrats on winning the challenge and now becoming a JUDDD BUDDD..LOL. That's what they say on the JUDDD thread. I love this plan!! I've decided to still stay on the lower carb of things for now but will get braver as I get more settled on this plan to up it gradually. That way my body isn't shocked by a load of carbs..but others seem to be okay with just eating regular food and losing as long as they stay w/in calorie range. I ate the M&Ms yesteday and the sugar triggered strong cravings for something sweet last night. So I'm going to stay away from that for now.

I'm sooo excited you are joining the bandwagon. I don't know so much about the induction phase, my range is 500-700 for DD so I guess I'm not really being a stickler about it either.
I hear you Shari! real sugar makes me want more real sugar... Anyway, congrats on success!!... I really do love this plan.. I tried it before, it worked then, why did I stray? who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Deb, Pati, and Shari.

Sorry I've been MIA the past few days. Just been busy with family and school. I'm trying to stay focus so I can get through this semester and possible get all A's .

I see you all are following JUDDD! What an awesome chose in plan . I wish you all the best. Happy Losing!

THERE SHE IS!! wasn't really WORRIED, just missed ya! I know you are a busy lady!. I hope you also get all A's!!! Awesome! How is the eating going for you? Are you just too busy to worry about it?...

Well in any case, post when you can!.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #1139

Oh Pati, I forgot to answer you before on the weighing. The first week, I weighed AFTER a down day every other day or so. Now I am going to try not to weigh in until a week goes by... we shall see!!...
Old 11-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #1140
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Haven't truly jumped on the JUDDD wagon just yet. Still gathering all the info. I think I'm liking what I see tho so looking like it may happen soon!

Shari, I'm kinda afraid of too many carbs too? I have done well so far but I really need to change things up...Just carbs scare me to deaf! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Deb, Pati, and Shari.

GIIIRRRLLL If you aren't posting cuz you are getting educated, by all means, IGNORE US! Schools important and I know for a fact you will get As GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!!!

Quote:
Oh Pati, I forgot to answer you before on the weighing. The first week, I weighed AFTER a down day every other day or so. Now I am going to try not to weigh in until a week goes by... we shall see!!...
I am sooooo addicted to the stupid scale!!!!
Closed Thread