Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Held off til 1 PM to eat

But by golly gee whiz does this food suck
LOL it sucks? What you having? Good job on holding off till 1 though...
Old 09-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #784

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Quote:
Held off til 1 PM to eat

But by golly gee whiz does this food suck
I cracked at 12:30 as I feeling a little . So not good. I hope you are doing well?
Old 09-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #785

take it easy Meek! Don't get too light headed! .. girls you are much more brave than I.. I won't even mention what I had for brunch today...
Old 09-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
take it easy Meek! Don't get too light headed! .. girls you are much more brave than I.. I won't even mention what I had for brunch today...
Thanks. I will.

, what did you have? Tell me, tell me!!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #787

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Thanks. I will.

Lets just say some bites of fatty tasty breakfast meats, some ripe fruit, a little gravy on my eggs, part of a to -die -for -danish, a very small steak, and then I was full. This was at 9:30am and I won't eat for the rest of the day unless I am truely hungry. Right now, not at all...

The best part of this is I had everything I wanted, and I feel completely in control.. it is so amazing.. what changed for me? Reading Denise's posts on the Playground about eating more food to lose weight. Not depriving ourselves.

Also, reading Rachel's? posts on the playground about eating only at meals and not snacking... got those 2 ideas together and it is working like a charm SO FAR... I am a skeptic on all things though, so we shall see!..

Last edited by Deb294evr; 09-07-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Old 09-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #788

WOW - everything you ate sounds AMAZING right about now . I'm off to the playground to read more.

Update: I felt like CRAP this evening and still do. OMG! I almost lost it on my way home from work... like I couldn't function or something . I can NEVER make it past the 2nd week on protocol...NEVER!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:23 AM   #789

Quote:
WOW - everything you ate sounds AMAZING right about now . I'm off to the playground to read more.

Update: I felt like CRAP this evening and still do. OMG! I almost lost it on my way home from work... like I couldn't function or something . I can NEVER make it past the 2nd week on protocol...NEVER!!!
Don't beat me up, but maybe it really is just not for you? I know I could never do the on plan protocol again, and never really did past day 1 anyway. Perhaps you just need more to function properly?

Anyway, BIG HUGS!!!! I know how you are feeling....don't you DARE feel bad about yourself though, does more harm than good!..

Wishing you a healthy and happy day today!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:04 AM   #790

I have learned that Whole Wheat bread, no matter how much I love it, does not love me. I started to feel the bloat 2 days ago when I had an AWESOME sandwhich using only the best whole wheat bread I could find. It was DELISH!!!!! however, I must be sensitive to wheat, because wow.. I blew up like a blow fish .. and it FINALLY is starting to go away this morning..

Guess I cannot have whole wheat bread... darn it!.. oh well.. I just want to feel good while using this plan, so I have to cross that out of my choices.

Other than this little mishap, I have eaten only good foods that I love.. truely only the best I can put into my mouth. No half baked stuff... no trans fats.. no fake stuff.. only real stuff.. that tastes wonderful..

I won't weigh till Saturday, but I can tell by the way my belly feels ( after bloat) that I am doing well...

This morning I was finally hungry again, and made myself the most fabulous Ribeye, with butter, mushrooms and onions sauteed on it... oh MY GOD!!.. so good!... then had a tiny baked potato and some corn.. which was delish!!

Feel completely satisfied, yet not full to the brim.. so this is a good day!..

Will not even worry about eating until I get home later today, and maybe not even then.. we shall see!..

Hope you all have a fantastic day!!.. keep up the good work you are all doing for yourself!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:34 AM   #791
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
LOL it sucks? What you having? Good job on holding off till 1 though...
Boring ol' chicken breast with just pepper and salt and it was gross! I could barely eat it. Cucumbers in lemon and the part I enjoyed the most was my sad apple!

Dinner, I did eggs. I couldn't fathom the thought of chicken! I never know good ways to cook on protocol! It sucks!

Quote:
I cracked at 12:30 as I feeling a little . So not good. I hope you are doing well?
I'm feeling fine just mad cuz I can't eat good food! The ONE THING that I tell myself over and over (which helps) is that I have no right to complain when there are children dying of hunger! I should be GRATEFUL!!!

Quote:
I wouldn't call it bravery on my part....More like dumbness!

Quote:
Thanks. I will.

Why would you torture us like this Meek

Quote:
Lets just say some bites of fatty tasty breakfast meats, some ripe fruit, a little gravy on my eggs, part of a to -die -for -danish, a very small steak, and then I was full. This was at 9:30am and I won't eat for the rest of the day unless I am truely hungry. Right now, not at all...

The best part of this is I had everything I wanted, and I feel completely in control.. it is so amazing.. what changed for me? Reading Denise's posts on the Playground about eating more food to lose weight. Not depriving ourselves.

Also, reading Rachel's? posts on the playground about eating only at meals and not snacking... got those 2 ideas together and it is working like a charm SO FAR... I am a skeptic on all things though, so we shall see!..
*covering eyes and running for the hills*

Quote:

You are probably doing better than I since I am on day 2 (today) and already contemplating my quit!!! :blush: How much have you lost beautiful?

Quote:
Don't beat me up, but maybe it really is just not for you? I know I could never do the on plan protocol again, and never really did past day 1 anyway. Perhaps you just need more to function properly?

Anyway, BIG HUGS!!!! I know how you are feeling....don't you DARE feel bad about yourself though, does more harm than good!..

I agree Meek. At least you tried!

This is why going in I told myself if I can do the full 3 weeks of VLCD fine, but if I can't, that's fine too!!! I said I wouldn't beat myself up for it!!

DH said last night (as I gnawed on my grissini). "You know you are starving! I don't understand why you do this to yourself. Go back to Atkins"
Part of me wanted to kiss him and part of me wanted to bang him in the back of the head! <---I blame the second one of the fact that I was INDEED hungry and craving coffee with h&h soooo badly!!

After all that, I woke up to a 1.5lb loss! SO one more lb and virgin territory...I am glad I didn't gain but 2.5 lbs loading but being I'm starved, I think I didn't load well but oh well....onward and downward (hopefully!!!)

How is everyone else?
Old 09-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #792

Quote:
Boring ol' chicken breast with just pepper and salt and it was gross! I could barely eat it. Cucumbers in lemon and the part I enjoyed the most was my sad apple!

Dinner, I did eggs. I couldn't fathom the thought of chicken! I never know good ways to cook on protocol! It sucks!

I'm feeling fine just mad cuz I can't eat good food! The ONE THING that I tell myself over and over (which helps) is that I have no right to complain when there are children dying of hunger! I should be GRATEFUL!!!

I wouldn't call it bravery on my part....More like dumbness!

Why would you torture us like this Meek

*covering eyes and running for the hills*

You are probably doing better than I since I am on day 2 (today) and already contemplating my quit!!! :blush: How much have you lost beautiful?

I agree Meek. At least you tried!

This is why going in I told myself if I can do the full 3 weeks of VLCD fine, but if I can't, that's fine too!!! I said I wouldn't beat myself up for it!!

DH said last night (as I gnawed on my grissini). "You know you are starving! I don't understand why you do this to yourself. Go back to Atkins"
Part of me wanted to kiss him and part of me wanted to bang him in the back of the head! <---I blame the second one of the fact that I was INDEED hungry and craving coffee with h&h soooo badly!!

After all that, I woke up to a 1.5lb loss! SO one more lb and virgin territory...I am glad I didn't gain but 2.5 lbs loading but being I'm starved, I think I didn't load well but oh well....onward and downward (hopefully!!!)

How is everyone else?
That is WONDERFUL PATI!! great loss... makes it worth it after a day like that... Just keep moving forward, one foot in front of the other... you can do it, and if you decide you can't no shame in trying... for SURE!..

As for Hubby's comment... oh lord I have heard that several times... he actually LOVES that I am eating now.. so he can too...

Hang tight my friends!!... go for the gusto in whatever you are doing today!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #793
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #794

Quote:

Deb, as bad as I want to complete a full 23 days, I just can't. Maybe the protocol really isn't for me? I try and try only to fail each time. It hurts. I see so many others do so well and reach their goals in such a short time. I wish I could. I'm so upset.

I didn't follow any plan today. I just ate when I got hungry and was VERY mindful of my portion size. I had a really good lunch and was starved or deprived afterwards. It's a little after 7PM and I'm not hungry; but I will eat something light before dinner.

I hope everyone is having a good evening. Goodnight!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #795

Pati, congrats on the 1.5 release thus far
Old 09-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #796

Quote:
Deb, as bad as I want to complete a full 23 days, I just can't. Maybe the protocol really isn't for me? I try and try only to fail each time. It hurts. I see so many others do so well and reach their goals in such a short time. I wish I could. I'm so upset.

I didn't follow any plan today. I just ate when I got hungry and was VERY mindful of my portion size. I had a really good lunch and was starved or deprived afterwards. It's a little after 7PM and I'm not hungry; but I will eat something light before dinner.

I know exactly how you feel. I tried again and again, only to fail to finish also. I don't think it is any kind of flaw, it just isn't for everyone. There are many many more who cannot finish, but you don't usually hear about it.

I know you had the BEST of intentions, but there is nothing wrong with trying and not succeeding... it happens to everyone... we get up, and we do whatever it is we need to do for us... this is really all we can do..

so congrats on realizing it was not in your best interest to continue, and don't you dare feel like a failure.. ya hear?...

I am so happy you had a good day today eating just enough... I am sure your body will thank you...now relax and have a wonderful evening!!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #797

Deb, thanks for the encouraging words. I really appreciate it. I'm done feeling bad about not being able to complete the round. It's over and I feel better and I'm able to think clearly now, lol.

OMG, i just re-read my post above it is is awful. Sorry. I was typing while trying to prevent Christian from falling off of the couch. I hit submit without proofreading
Old 09-09-2011, 05:09 AM   #798

oh it's all good! Hope your night went well!.. I love having a little one on my lap and those days are long gone.. enjoy!!!...

I am tweaking my plan as of yesterday, I feel like I NEED to eat less.. my eyes get bigger than my stomach at times.. LEFT OVER FROM BEING SO BIG for so long...

Anyway.. today I am just going to cut my portions back even more.. to be satisfied, not full. I felt like yesterday was just too much, and I want to catch it early!..

PATI!! how are things going with you??.. thinking of you and hoping you are feeling WELL..
Old 09-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #799

Hi Deb. I hope you are having a good day. Satisfied, not stuffed is the key! . Your doing such a good job. Keep it up and have a great weekend!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:51 AM   #800
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Quote:
I know exactly how you feel. I tried again and again, only to fail to finish also. I don't think it is any kind of flaw, it just isn't for everyone. There are many many more who cannot finish, but you don't usually hear about it.

I know you had the BEST of intentions, but there is nothing wrong with trying and not succeeding... it happens to everyone... we get up, and we do whatever it is we need to do for us... this is really all we can do..

so congrats on realizing it was not in your best interest to continue, and don't you dare feel like a failure.. ya hear?...

I am so happy you had a good day today eating just enough... I am sure your body will thank you...now relax and have a wonderful evening!!
Quote:
Deb, thanks for the encouraging words. I really appreciate it. I'm done feeling bad about not being able to complete the round. It's over and I feel better and I'm able to think clearly now, lol.

OMG, i just re-read my post above it is is awful. Sorry. I was typing while trying to prevent Christian from falling off of the couch. I hit submit without proofreading
Well, I truly (with all my heart) understand how you are feeling Meek! I agree with every word Deb said! Protocol is NOT for everyone but do not feel like you failed because other succeed doing this! You do what's best for you and carry on

Quote:
oh it's all good! Hope your night went well!.. I love having a little one on my lap and those days are long gone.. enjoy!!!...

I am tweaking my plan as of yesterday, I feel like I NEED to eat less.. my eyes get bigger than my stomach at times.. LEFT OVER FROM BEING SO BIG for so long...

Anyway.. today I am just going to cut my portions back even more.. to be satisfied, not full. I felt like yesterday was just too much, and I want to catch it early!..

PATI!! how are things going with you??.. thinking of you and hoping you are feeling WELL..
I love how you know what your body needs and what it doesn't! One day I'll learn to listen to mine so for now, I'm just TRYING to kick this P2 in the arse!!

Quote:
Pati, congrats on the 1.5 release thus far
Thank you! I woke up to a .5lb loss which doesn't do much for me being I'm still feeling very very deprived! Just hoping I can do this through the weekend which is the hardest! I am only on day 3!! EEEEEKKKK!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #801

Pati, great release. I'm sure you will do well this weekend. I'll be thinking of you. Stay strong. You can do this!!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #802
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks love I need all the encouragement I can get
Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #803

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Good morning Deb and friends!

Deb, that is a hard thing to do..not stuff yourself but eating until satisfied. We didn't gain weight doing this so it's can be challenging to start. I think you're doing so well, figuring out what's working for you and tweaking it along the way!

Meek~ I agree with Pati..you did lose weight. Glad to see you're done feeling bad about it.

Pati~congrats on the loss!! I you on doing it as planned! The first few days are the hardest as you know, so if you can get through that you'll sail through this round! Best of luck to you!!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #804

Thank you all for stopping by and being so darn SWEETTTTTT!!!! I tell you what.. this is definatly a work in progress. Just when you think you KNOW.. you don't....

I am on a tweaking mission today.. I agree this is what I am supposed to be doing for the rest of my life, but finding the right balance between not too full and then starving later.. is a big ole guessing game...

I WILL NOT GIVE UP THOUGH!!! never ever... keeping up the good fight..

SO, Pati, CONGRATS GIRL!! keep on doing what you are doing and you will be fine..

Meek, glad you are also going to figure this thing out.. .one way or another!.. keep on working girl, what else can we do?...

Shari!! you are so wise for such a young lady... Thank you for being here and giving us your wisdom... seriously. I hope you are having a fantabulous day!! Enjoy your painting weekend!...
Old 09-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #805
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning ladies

How's it going? How's everyone doing on their plan?

Me? Hanging tough. Had a few moments of wanting to give up and go back to Atkins but I stuck it out. I am down 4.5lbs in 4 full VLCDs so I am not gonna complain! I am doing this day-by-day and trying my best to listen to my body. If at any point I can't handle this anymore, I will give it more protein and carry on
That said, I tweaked the amount of hcg (lowered it more than last time) and that seems to have done the trick with the hunger...I feel fantastic today (and I did yesterday as well!).

I'm off to watch my nephew play football! Hope everyone enjoys their day!

God bless America! Let us never forget!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #806

Good morning ladies. I hope everyone is well. Pati, you are doing a great job on protocol. keep up the good work! proud of you!!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #807

Quote:
Morning ladies

How's it going? How's everyone doing on their plan?

Me? Hanging tough. Had a few moments of wanting to give up and go back to Atkins but I stuck it out. I am down 4.5lbs in 4 full VLCDs so I am not gonna complain! I am doing this day-by-day and trying my best to listen to my body. If at any point I can't handle this anymore, I will give it more protein and carry on
That said, I tweaked the amount of hcg (lowered it more than last time) and that seems to have done the trick with the hunger...I feel fantastic today (and I did yesterday as well!).

I'm off to watch my nephew play football! Hope everyone enjoys their day!

God bless America! Let us never forget!!!
That is wonderful Pati! Great loss!! I just am tired of thinking about food.. wouldn't it be nice to just eat when hungry, stop when satified and never have to think about it?... wow.. I WISH...

I have been watching the 911 coverage most of the day and I tell you what, I just will NEVER FORGET.. and nobody should.. wow.. no words..

Quote:
Good morning ladies. I hope everyone is well. Pati, you are doing a great job on protocol. keep up the good work! proud of you!!
Hey Meek! Hope you got out today to enjoy some nice weather... I should have but feel so darn lazy today... maybe will swim tonight.. it is HOT again here and we are closing the pool next weekend.. sad to see summer go.. but will enjoy the cool fall...
Old 09-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #808
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Hi everyone to you all!!

Debbbbbb just a quick hello glad to see your doing so well, I hope to be back soon take care hun
Old 09-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #809

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Hi everyone to you all!!

Debbbbbb just a quick hello glad to see your doing so well, I hope to be back soon take care hun
SANS!!!! NO DON'T GO!!! NOOOOOOOOO.....

Miss you girl!! come back sooooon!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #810

Quote:
wouldn't it be nice to just eat when hungry, stop when satified and never have to think about it?... wow.. I WISH...
Yes, wouldn't that be nice
Closed Thread