Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,101
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Morning Friends.. just a quick fly by so busy at work today. It is my rest day today, still may swim later... but my main objective today is to eat to hunger, and stop before full. I love that feeling of satisfaction, but not fullness. I have really noticed it lately. Soooo that is my homework!

Everyone have a wonderful day!..
WTG!! That is always my homework too...LOL. Have a good one!!
shari is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Hey Deb! Enjoy your rest day. Swim an extra lap for me, if you hit the pool this evening. Eating to hunger and stopping before full is a great technique I'm using that method as well.

Keep up the good work! Have a great day!
I will do that Meek!! Now have you noticed that sometimes just a BITE is all you need to be satisfied with something? I noticed that this morning when I was making my lunch for work, then thinking I should have some breakfast... ( old habits ) so I took ONE BITE of some bacon I cooked up and that was it. I was fine. It was GOOD, and I was done. I added the rest of the bacon to my turkey club sandwhich I made for lunch and I am still satisfied!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
WTG!! That is always my homework too...LOL. Have a good one!!
So awesome to hear Shari!!.. I love that so many are embracing the fact that we really CAN trust ourselves.. we KNOW what to do.. that was never the problem. So happy for US!...
__________________
Finding my way one day at a time.
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #363
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Deb
lorettahd is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #364
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Morning Deb
Morning Sunshine!!...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #365
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,814
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Quote:
I will do that Meek!! Now have you noticed that sometimes just a BITE is all you need to be satisfied with something? I noticed that this morning when I was making my lunch for work, then thinking I should have some breakfast... ( old habits ) so I took ONE BITE of some bacon I cooked up and that was it. I was fine. It was GOOD, and I was done. I added the rest of the bacon to my turkey club sandwhich I made for lunch and I am still satisfied!...
Yes, I've noticed the same thing on yesterday. I had soup for lunch and normally, if I were on a diet, I would be STARVING afterwards! But not so. My soup was MORE THAN ENOUGH!

We are on our way girl!!!
Meek75 is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #366
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Yes, I've noticed the same thing on yesterday. I had soup for lunch and normally, if I were on a diet, I would be STARVING afterwards! But not so. My soup was MORE THAN ENOUGH!

We are on our way girl!!!
I honestly think you just have to get to the place in your life/mind where there just are no more options... and then.. crystal clear.. BOOM!! the light bulb comes on... LOVE IT!.. yes indeed we are on our way!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #367
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
An interesting observation during lunch today. I will only eat something if it tastes good... I remember so many times in the past where I forced myself to eat something that I was SUPPOSED TO. I would choke that down, then still not satisfied, move on nibbling here and there still trying to fill that VOID.

When what I should have done in the first place was have what I really wanted. In a small portion, and be satisfied and done with it. Instead, after all this playing around I ate many more calories that I would have in the first place...

So for lunch I had part of my turkey club which was really good, then I had a sliver of cheesecake with fresh raspberries. That was it. I was SATISFIED. I don't know my cals, but they could not be more than 350 in all. If I had done what I used to do, I would eat my whole sandwhich, feel bad that I had bread, really want some cheesecake, but NO, can't eat that, it is too fattening, and so I commence to eating everything else I brought to work..

AFTER ALL THAT... I would feel horrible and then go eat a BIG PC OF CHEESECAKE... this is life folks.. and this is what we have to stop... I feel so good today... so in control... wow..

Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!
 
Firm Hottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,830
Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
I your last post, Deb! Really!

Yep, you've got this all figured out, hon. WTG!

Turkey club sandwiches and cheesecake... *drool*
Firm Hottie is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #369
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
I your last post, Deb! Really!

Yep, you've got this all figured out, hon. WTG!

Turkey club sandwiches and cheesecake... *drool*
Thanks Laura! I don't usually have Turkey clubs and Cheesecake, but today I wanted it, I had it and it is done. Tonight I will have something light.. because I feel great!...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #370
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,814
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
An interesting observation during lunch today. I will only eat something if it tastes good... I remember so many times in the past where I forced myself to eat something that I was SUPPOSED TO. I would choke that down, then still not satisfied, move on nibbling here and there still trying to fill that VOID.

When what I should have done in the first place was have what I really wanted. In a small portion, and be satisfied and done with it. Instead, after all this playing around I ate many more calories that I would have in the first place...

So for lunch I had part of my turkey club which was really good, then I had a sliver of cheesecake with fresh raspberries. That was it. I was SATISFIED. I don't know my cals, but they could not be more than 350 in all. If I had done what I used to do, I would eat my whole sandwhich, feel bad that I had bread, really want some cheesecake, but NO, can't eat that, it is too fattening, and so I commence to eating everything else I brought to work..

AFTER ALL THAT... I would feel horrible and then go eat a BIG PC OF CHEESECAKE... this is life folks.. and this is what we have to stop... I feel so good today... so in control... wow..



You wrote the story of my life!!!!! I swear, you and I are DEFINITELY on the same page... and like you, I decided that enough is enough. I have what I want in moderation and move on. The more I deprive, the FATTER I become. NO MORE!!!
Meek75 is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #371
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post


You wrote the story of my life!!!!! I swear, you and I are DEFINITELY on the same page... and like you, I decided that enough is enough. I have what I want in moderation and move on. The more I deprive, the FATTER I become. NO MORE!!!
AMAZING MEEK!! I am so glad we both decided to retire from the diet madness!.. I totally agree, the more we restart dieting( no matter the plan ) the fatter we get.. because we were working so hard against what is natural for us...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:20 AM   #372
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Killer workout this morning.. upper body.. gaining some strength and I did not die!...progress!...

Ok, this morning I am super busy, so just a quick fly by... eating still in check, and going well.. starting to feel some strength building, but wow. so far to go... that is ok, I have no where else to be...

Have a wonderful day all!..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:47 AM   #373
Blabbermouth!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,415
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08


I'm baaaaaccckkkkk! Everything finally settling (including my weight )

How are you Deb?!?! I sorta "thumbed" through the missed pages but couldn't read all of it. How's the weight training going doll? Are you "dieting" per se? What are you doing?

I miss all of you guys soooo much! But I'm here now and y'all can't get rid of me

So what are the summer plans for all?
What's up?
Come on people! Talk to me!!

BTW - Anyone here into True Blood and Entourage?! I am so looking forward to my shows! (they are truly the only ones I am committed to :blush

WAZ UPPPPPP!??!?!?!?
12yrslater is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #374
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Deb, congratulations on feeling stronger thru your work out.
lorettahd is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #375
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post


I'm baaaaaccckkkkk! Everything finally settling (including my weight )

How are you Deb?!?! I sorta "thumbed" through the missed pages but couldn't read all of it. How's the weight training going doll? Are you "dieting" per se? What are you doing?

I miss all of you guys soooo much! But I'm here now and y'all can't get rid of me

So what are the summer plans for all?
What's up?
Come on people! Talk to me!!

BTW - Anyone here into True Blood and Entourage?! I am so looking forward to my shows! (they are truly the only ones I am committed to :blush

WAZ UPPPPPP!??!?!?!?
PATI!!!!! YIPPEE!!! Well if you have not noticed I am NO LONGER DIETING!! I am retired!!.. I am eating to satisfaction and then stopping... I am weight training with some cardio for fun.. I am getting smaller....

I gave up diets because they don't work in the long run for me any longer. I am BURNT OUT!!!!!! So from now on I am going to be following basically low carb eating, with some exceptions thrown in for when I REALLY REALLY WANT IT... not an every day thing.

So far I am in HEAVEN.. I love this.. It is definately a work in progress and it is something to think about each day, but no more beating myself up for CHEATING.. there is none.. and no more feeling bad for eating something off plan... there is none....

I will just say that I feel such freedom and i am not pigging out like I thought I would, because nothing is off limits and I can have a bite if I really want to. I am allowing myself to taste and stop when that curiosity comes about.. No more missing activities and parties because it might ruin my DIET...

So thats me, WHAT ABOUT YOU?... no, sorry I don't watch those shows but I might...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Morning Deb, congratulations on feeling stronger thru your work out.
Thanks Loretta!! Are you still working out too? Hope all is well!..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #376
Blabbermouth!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,415
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
PATI!!!!! YIPPEE!!! Well if you have not noticed I am NO LONGER DIETING!! I am retired!!.. I am eating to satisfaction and then stopping... I am weight training with some cardio for fun.. I am getting smaller....

I gave up diets because they don't work in the long run for me any longer. I am BURNT OUT!!!!!! So from now on I am going to be following basically low carb eating, with some exceptions thrown in for when I REALLY REALLY WANT IT... not an every day thing.

So far I am in HEAVEN.. I love this.. It is definately a work in progress and it is something to think about each day, but no more beating myself up for CHEATING.. there is none.. and no more feeling bad for eating something off plan... there is none....

I will just say that I feel such freedom and i am not pigging out like I thought I would, because nothing is off limits and I can have a bite if I really want to. I am allowing myself to taste and stop when that curiosity comes about.. No more missing activities and parties because it might ruin my DIET...

So thats me, WHAT ABOUT YOU?... no, sorry I don't watch those shows but I might...



Thanks Loretta!! Are you still working out too? Hope all is well!..
12yrslater is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,415
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
*dusting self off*

YOU MUST!!!! Entourage has some great writing!!! ANd True Blood is just great all together!

Anyway, sounds like you are finally at peace with you and your way of life....I AM HAPPY FOR YOU!!! ECSTATIC REALLY!!!! I am also extremely HAPPY that you are working out with weights! (you know how I feel about that )

Me? Still working my body out but haven't found my place as far as food goes. I yo yoing my weight right now within 5 lbs. I need to get to losing again!!! I haven't decided what to do altho' for the "most" part I do atkins. Not that it stops me from eating stuff that I shouldn't :blush: I may go full force again right after my vacation? Who knows...LOL
12yrslater is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #378
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
*dusting self off*

YOU MUST!!!! Entourage has some great writing!!! ANd True Blood is just great all together!

Anyway, sounds like you are finally at peace with you and your way of life....I AM HAPPY FOR YOU!!! ECSTATIC REALLY!!!! I am also extremely HAPPY that you are working out with weights! (you know how I feel about that )

Me? Still working my body out but haven't found my place as far as food goes. I yo yoing my weight right now within 5 lbs. I need to get to losing again!!! I haven't decided what to do altho' for the "most" part I do atkins. Not that it stops me from eating stuff that I shouldn't :blush: I may go full force again right after my vacation? Who knows...LOL
THAT IS GREAT!! you are maintaining and that is a big chore! Especially with all the things you have been doing lately, YES I LOOKED at your facebook pics ... so proud of your boy!!

Just keep working out and the eating will work itself out when it gets to that time.. enjoy vacation for sure!!.. As for the shows, I have heard nothing but good things about them, but aren't they on Showtime or something? We don't get that........

If they are on another channel, do TELL and I will be looking for them. I know my MAN Adam Lambert LOVES LOVES LOVES, Trueblood, so there is another endorsement!..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #379
Blabbermouth!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,415
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Awww...thanks! My baby boy makes me PROUD!!! (as does my wee one )

The shows are on HBO!!!
12yrslater is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #380
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,814
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Hi Deb. Great job on the killer workout this morning. I hope you're still enjoying your retirement, like me!! . Okay, I'm super busy today too. BBL. Have a great day!! .
Meek75 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #381
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Awww...thanks! My baby boy makes me PROUD!!! (as does my wee one )

The shows are on HBO!!!
YES!!! well then I am going to check them out!!! Yes your daughter is such a cutie pie!!! she is a natural with the camera too! Smile...


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Hi Deb. Great job on the killer workout this morning. I hope you're still enjoying your retirement, like me!! . Okay, I'm super busy today too. BBL. Have a great day!! .
Thanks Meek!! I am LOVING my RETIREMENT!! every day even more... I will NEVER EVER go back to DIE ting.... Enjoy your day!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #382
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,101
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Loving you and Meek's attitude..WTG!! As long as you're getting smaller that's all that matters..congrats!

Pati, I watch True Blood...I can't wait until the new season begins. I gave up my movie channels but have nearly threatened G that he better wait and watch those shows with me...LOL. I never got into Entourage..but he's a huge fan.
shari is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #383
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Loving you and Meek's attitude..WTG!! As long as you're getting smaller that's all that matters..congrats!

Pati, I watch True Blood...I can't wait until the new season begins. I gave up my movie channels but have nearly threatened G that he better wait and watch those shows with me...LOL. I never got into Entourage..but he's a huge fan.
Thank you Shari! YES!! as long as I am getting smaller, that is all that matters. Honestly it is not as easy as it seems at times, but when your MIND is in the right place.. (* just like protocol!!) You can do anything!

Right now, and as long as I am happy and satisfied, this is my life!. I don't have to do any diets anymore, because I know them all by HEART.. I can CHOOSE to eat less one day, eat only meat, eat fish and spinach, eat eggs all day, because I CHOOSE to... not because I must follow a diet.

For all of us though, we have to choose our own path and I am gonna be cheering on all of you!! no matter WHAT you do!.. I am a cheerleader!!..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #384
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,814
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
I watch TB too, but didn't see the ending of last season. Season 1 was the absolute BEST! OMG! How is Lafeyette? I hope he didn't get killed off of the show??? I hope this season doesn't have all that g** mess going on or else I won't be watching, lol.
Meek75 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #385
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,814
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
I am getting smaller too. The last time I weighed, I was at 196.6, I promise you, I feel smaller than that weight now. I'm curious where I stand in weight, but I won't find out anytime soon. LOL.
Meek75 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!
 
Firm Hottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,830
Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Hey Deb! And it looks like the friends are back!

Deb, you'll be amazed at how quickly you'l be able to build muscle and burn fat during your "honeymoon period" with weights. For some reason, newbies are able to do both, but after awhile, you'll only be able to do one or the other. That's not to say that you won't be able to get stronger, because you will, but your muscles won't actually be able to get bigger unless you're eating above maintenance calories. Luckily, most of us don't actually want bigger muscles - just less fat - which works out great, because the more fat you lose, the more pronounced your muscles become!
Firm Hottie is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 05:25 AM   #387
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Thank you Laura!! I am noticing lots of changes in a short amount of time and I am going to embrace it!! Don seems happy with my progress and he is hilarious so we get along fine..

Today I am resting... well sort of, going swimming later after work. I am really enjoying my pool this year!.. Maybe I will even wear a decent bathing suit by summer's end.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend, we are nearing our fiscal year end here at work, so I won't be online as much as I would like. I AM NOT ignoring anyone, I would love to chat more!.. I'll check in when I can!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 05:27 AM   #388
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,814
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Hi Deb. Enjoy your rest day and have fun in the pool this evening. Please swim an extra lap for me. I miss the pool. Anyways, have a good day and an even better weekend!
Meek75 is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 05:30 AM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Deb, you have a wonderful weekend as well
lorettahd is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 06:17 AM   #390
Blabbermouth!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,415
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Hiya Deb!

TGIF!!! How's everything going? Any fun plans this weekend?
12yrslater is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.