LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
I had an entire post all ready to go, and then it went *POOF*!

Rather than try to repost the brilliance I wrote earlier , I'll just say that I LIKE everything you just said, Deb!

Remember all of that, and you'll be golden, my friend.
Thank you Laura!! I appreciate all your support...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Hi Deb. Stopping by to say hello and wish you well on today. Have a good one .

Good Morning Meek!! I would type more, but even my fingers are sore right now.... Lets just say I had a nice workout!.... Have a marvelous day!!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by obraxton View Post
Hey Deb!
Morning Dessa!!! hope things are very well with you today also!.. How's the tummy treating you?..

I miss PATI.. where are you dear?
Marva??? Miss you, I know you are going through so much!

Missin Sans! she is busy with a hot dude...

Missing Chantyl, where did you go?????

All of you who used to visit and have slacked off, come back!!!.....

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #302

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
I thought about all your friends/visitors too. I hope they return. It's been quiet around here. Miss all the chatter .
Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #303

Quote:
I thought about all your friends/visitors too. I hope they return. It's been quiet around here. Miss all the chatter .
Me too!! guess the journals are quiet since dieting is not fun in the summer time?...
Old 06-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Hey Deb & friend!

It has been slow - I guess everyone's out and about, enjoying their summers. It's so hot down here that we tend to saty indoors during the hottest part of the day, and venture out in the mid to late afternoon. That leaves plenty of time to work out, play on the computer, get stuff done around the house, etc.

Hurray for DOMS, Deb! That means that your muscles are waking up and are getting a good workout. Once your body gets used to working out, you probably won't be as sore, unless your BIL has you constantly doing new exercises that stress your muscles in different ways. Does he have you stretching at all after your workouts?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #305

Quote:
Hey Deb & friend!

It has been slow - I guess everyone's out and about, enjoying their summers. It's so hot down here that we tend to saty indoors during the hottest part of the day, and venture out in the mid to late afternoon. That leaves plenty of time to work out, play on the computer, get stuff done around the house, etc.

Hurray for DOMS, Deb! That means that your muscles are waking up and are getting a good workout. Once your body gets used to working out, you probably won't be as sore, unless your BIL has you constantly doing new exercises that stress your muscles in different ways. Does he have you stretching at all after your workouts?
Hi Laura!! yes, he has me stretching after each workout right now. He is really mindful of how out of shape I am, and is being very cautious. I don't want to be injured in my first week!...

Today we worked on upper body and that is why my ARMS, HANDS, FINGERS, BACK, Triceps!!!!!! are so sore.... crazy.. but I know I will get used to it as time goes on.. I am not skeered....

Looking forward to a nice swim after work, then Friday we will work on lower body. I am excited!!!...
Old 06-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Hi Laura!! yes, he has me stretching after each workout right now. He is really mindful of how out of shape I am, and is being very cautious. I don't want to be injured in my first week!...

Today we worked on upper body and that is why my ARMS, HANDS, FINGERS, BACK, Triceps!!!!!! are so sore.... crazy.. but I know I will get used to it as time goes on.. I am not skeered....

Looking forward to a nice swim after work, then Friday we will work on lower body. I am excited!!!...
YAY!

You have no idea how happy I am that you're in such good hands. So many trainers do people more harm than good, focusing on cardio, cardio, cardio. I really like that your BIL is focused on weight-training.

I'm really thinking of getting my personal training certificate. I'm so passionate about fitness, and love helping people. Do you mind asking your BIL what certification he has? There are so many out there, so I'm not sure which is best to get.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #307

Quote:
YAY!

You have no idea how happy I am that you're in such good hands. So many trainers do people more harm than good, focusing on cardio, cardio, cardio. I really like that your BIL is focused on weight-training.

I'm really thinking of getting my personal training certificate. I'm so passionate about fitness, and love helping people. Do you mind asking your BIL what certification he has? There are so many out there, so I'm not sure which is best to get.
Thanks Laura, yes I will ask him! He is good, and definately WEIGHT TRAINING focused!! He only wants me to walk or swim for now as cardio... or dance to Zumba for FUN.. the rest is based on weight training.

Off to a meeting, I'll check back later!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #308

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Good morning Deb and friends!

Deb congrats on the weight training! You'll see major changes very soon...like you said the scale is not a good determination of your success at times, especially when consistently exercising. WTG!!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:42 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
Quote:
Thanks Laura, yes I will ask him! He is good, and definately WEIGHT TRAINING focused!! He only wants me to walk or swim for now as cardio... or dance to Zumba for FUN.. the rest is based on weight training.

Off to a meeting, I'll check back later!
That's great! I look forward to weight training also.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:21 AM   #310

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Deb!!
How did training go this morning?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Hey Deb, I see you are still handling your business.....KUTGW!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Good morning Deb and friends!

Deb congrats on the weight training! You'll see major changes very soon...like you said the scale is not a good determination of your success at times, especially when consistently exercising. WTG!!
Morning Shari! I can't wait to see the changes, funny I already feel stonger!!... Hope your day is going well!

Quote:
That's great! I look forward to weight training also.
YES!! I am happy you are going to be doing it also!...

Quote:
Deb!!

How did training go this morning?
Today was my rest day, tomorrow is LOWER BODY!!..whooo hoooo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Hey Deb, I see you are still handling your business.....KUTGW!
Hi Loretta!! Yep, I am still handling it... changes, but what the heck!! Change is GOOD... how are you doing??
Old 06-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb & friends!

Deb, does your BIL have a business page on FB by any chance? If so, I'd like to "like" him if you don't mind. I love seeing what other like-minded fitness people have to say.

Enjoy your rest day!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #314

Quote:
Hey Deb & friends!

Deb, does your BIL have a business page on FB by any chance? If so, I'd like to "like" him if you don't mind. I love seeing what other like-minded fitness people have to say.

Enjoy your rest day!
hey Laura! No, he doesn't even have a personal facebook page.. Time to get into the NEW AGE!!... He owns his own business, but his main working business is not fitness. He does this on the side for private clients. He does have access and use of the local Fitness Centers, and that is where I meet him.

So you want to be a PT? That is awesome Laura, you would do wonderful at it!!... You already have such great knowledge and are a wonderful people person, I can see you really succeeding!!! Those folks who have had a weight problem will love going to you, because you GET IT!.. you have been there and understand... You really should do it!! GO GIRL!..
Old 06-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
hey Laura! No, he doesn't even have a personal facebook page.. Time to get into the NEW AGE!!... He owns his own business, but his main working business is not fitness. He does this on the side for private clients. He does have access and use of the local Fitness Centers, and that is where I meet him.

So you want to be a PT? That is awesome Laura, you would do wonderful at it!!... You already have such great knowledge and are a wonderful people person, I can see you really succeeding!!! Those folks who have had a weight problem will love going to you, because you GET IT!.. you have been there and understand... You really should do it!! GO GIRL!..
Your BIL sounds like my FIL. He's a DJ who does everything the old fashioned way, and wonders why he's not getting much business anymore.

Yes, I really do think that that's what I'd love doing. I should stop thinking about it and actually do something about it though!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #316

Quote:
Your BIL sounds like my FIL. He's a DJ who does everything the old fashioned way, and wonders why he's not getting much business anymore.

Yes, I really do think that that's what I'd love doing. I should stop thinking about it and actually do something about it though!

YES!! too funny
Old 06-17-2011, 04:06 AM   #317
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Deb have a wonderful day!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:15 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Morning Deb have a wonderful day!
Morning Loretta!! I will sure try to have a wonderful day, in fact I have decided I AM GOING TO!!! Thank you and please do the same..
Old 06-17-2011, 05:21 AM   #319

OKKKKKKK so this morning at 5:45 am I had my first real lower body workout. ACK!!... YIKES... my body is jelly... I honestly thought I was stronger than this...NOT..

That is ok though, because I am in this to win this... I don't know the names of the machines, or the exercises I did, but I know they worked me good. I am really excited about this and the changes I am going to see in the future.. I MUST KEEP IT UP!!

My eating is going marvelous also!! the NO MORE DIETS is really working wonders for my mental state, and I am finding myself eating much less. YEAH!!!! I have intuitive eating ( book ) and I really don't like following rules or plans anymore, but I like some of the suggestions, and I am trying to follow those.

Being mindful of HOW MUCH I EAT, and my fullness factor. I really think being active is the key behind it. When you FEEL good about what you are doing for your body, you naturally don't want to pig out and ruin that. At least for ME, I don't. It is helping for sure!!

Laura, Don said he is NASM certified, whatever that means. I don't know what all his creditials are, I just know he works my ARSE OFF!...

Everyone have a wonderful day, I will check back later!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
Cool Deb! Glad you're having such success with the next stage of your WOL!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #321

Quote:
Cool Deb! Glad you're having such success with the next stage of your WOL!!!
Thank you Dessa! WE are both entering a new phase and nothing but good things are in store!!...
Old 06-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #322

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Wow Deb, it's great that you've changed the way you think and added exercise..nothing like it!! I can tell how happier you are since this change..nice!

friends of Deb!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Wow Deb, it's great that you've changed the way you think and added exercise..nothing like it!! I can tell how happier you are since this change..nice!

friends of Deb!
Thank you Shari! Man I am a big believer now. Exercise makes us feel and look better, which in turn allows us to WANT these things enough to back off on the FAT SUIT. I know I have been wearing this SUIT for many years, it is protection as we have discussed before, but when we FEEL better inside, and out, we natually will want to go the entire mile... at least I DO!...

I am now a walking billboard of DIETS DON'T WORK... in the long run... yes they do work in short spurts... but forever? WHO wants to diet forever? NOT ME.... I am going to get to my goal by exercise and eating things my body LOVES.. not my mind, but my body... no foods are bad foods, just some are not going to help me achieve my goal, and those will be foods I choose to eat sparingly.

I'll keep y'all posted.. but so far so GOOD!..
Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb & friends!

Deb, I can't tell you how much I your last few posts. The difference in how you're now thinking is amazing. You really get it now - that it's not just about dieting to lose weight, but creating a whole new life that includes eating healthfully and exercising - and I'm so happy for you!

You'll not only find a whole new you under that protective fat suit you've been wearing for years, but also a new life, which is super exciting!

Thanks for the info about your BIL's certification. I've heard of that one before, and will start researching it.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #325

Quote:
Hey Deb & friends!

Deb, I can't tell you how much I your last few posts. The difference in how you're now thinking is amazing. You really get it now - that it's not just about dieting to lose weight, but creating a whole new life that includes eating healthfully and exercising - and I'm so happy for you!

You'll not only find a whole new you under that protective fat suit you've been wearing for years, but also a new life, which is super exciting!

Thanks for the info about your BIL's certification. I've heard of that one before, and will start researching it.
Thank you Laura! I FEEL wonderful these days.. honestly 100% better. YOU MY DEAR! were my initial motivation to get off my DUFF.... and exercise.. so THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!... and to all my friends who read here.. LISTEN TO LAURA!!...

FAT SUIT BE GONE!...
Old 06-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you Laura! I FEEL wonderful these days.. honestly 100% better. YOU MY DEAR! were my initial motivation to get off my DUFF.... and exercise.. so THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!... and to all my friends who read here.. LISTEN TO LAURA!!...

FAT SUIT BE GONE!...
Awww, you just totally made my day, hon! You are a dear, sweet friend, and I cound myself lucky to have you in my life.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #327

Quote:
Awww, you just totally made my day, hon! You are a dear, sweet friend, and I cound myself lucky to have you in my life.
I feel the same way Now we won't talk about how we became aquainted on here....
Old 06-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #328

This is my boy, he needs a woman to take care of him. He has no social skills....

Old 06-18-2011, 04:19 AM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Deb, have a good Saturday and congratulations on your new out look of dieting and exercising which equals FREEDOM
Old 06-18-2011, 04:21 AM   #330

Good Morning Loretta and thank you! I am really feeling good this week, and I hope you are too!..
Closed Thread