Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   My Low Carb Road Trip (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/717880-my-low-carb-road-trip.html)

kittycitygirl 04-18-2011 08:13 PM

My Low Carb Road Trip

Welcome to my road trip through my LC life. Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

After deep contemplation, I have decided that journaling may help me make my way safely to and through maintenance.

This journey has lasted over a year, and I have lost over 60 pounds to date. I have had other journeys with this WOE, but I now see them as weekend getaways compared to this full fledged journey. These previous journeys have been lone trips. On this recent journey, I have been accompanied by so many wonderful people. I have met many more along the way also.

Yes, I have gotten lost along the way (as I often do in RL roadtrips!). As in RL, these diversions from my goal have many outcomes. Yes, they have thrown my schedule off, but I often learn something from them. I have learned that I am strong enough mentally and physically to find my way back on course. As I travel through this journey, I find that I am able to stay on the planned path more and more. I am less likely to be tricked or suduced into making a wrong turn. There are and will be times when I choose to become diverted off course temporarily (as in real life when I see a new mall or "antique" store and must check it out!), but I know that I will be able to find my way back on course easier and quicker than in the past. I must do it that way, or all that I have achieved will be lost.

I started this journey in the 215 area. I think I blocked that memory for a while and have a lower number in my stats:( I am currently at 151.2 pounds. I have seen the 149 mark briefly. At 5' 9" (hopefully I haven't shrunk!) I would be happy to stay here, but I still have that layer of fat that won't look good when exposed. Winter/cold weather clothes cover and hide it well. I am setting a goal in the mid 140s hoping that I can budge some of this excess pudge.

I have been reading posts about how the last 10 or so pounds are hard to get off. I too am finding this true. The weight isn't moving as fast as it had. I am determined not to become complacent and let myself slip into gaining.

I am hoping that posters to this journal thread will be my GPS and help keep me on track when you see me go off course. Please be the voice that says turn right, turn right, TURN RIGHT!

***I have always given credit for my staying on plan to LCFs, and I am hoping that by journaling here, I will be able to continue. I have learned so much and continue to learn from all of you here. If nothing else comes out of this journal, I want it to be clear that I thank all of you for being there for me.

easwann 04-19-2011 05:39 AM

Kitty!!!! I love that you have your own journal!! YOu are so sweet and supportive, not to mention how fit you have become.. Kudos!!

Oh and the CC muffins should carry a warning, 'make at your own risk' !! LOL

Have a wonderful day... :heart:

jumpstart24 04-19-2011 07:15 AM

Kitty...Thanks for being so warm and welcoming to newbies like me. :heart:

I must say, you've been incredibly successful and look fabulous! I'm sure if a few more pounds are meant to come off they will, just by focusing on your new healthy lifestyle. (But at 5'9" you're probably already well in the healthy-weight zone...So be easy on yourself.)

Good luck with the journal....:hugs:

:)

Bejewelme 04-19-2011 03:37 PM

Kitty- you know I just adore you and I am so happy you started a journal you have been a wonderful and supportive friend and after speaking with you, I know you are someone very special! Even if you are a Steeler's fan, LOL I am right here with ya, I still have a long way to go on this big ride, so I am along!!!!
Amber

piratewoman 04-19-2011 03:41 PM

KittyGirl, you started one YEEEHAAAAAA!!!! :high5: I will be here with bells on to read about your LC journey.. We need each others support and you have been so supportive of me. Thanks sweetie

glamazon 04-19-2011 04:43 PM

Hi Kitty! Looking forward to reading all about your future success! Thanks for being so supportive. Glad to be along for the ride!

kittycitygirl 04-19-2011 08:06 PM

Thanks for joining me ladies, and thanks for the sweet words! I could just reach out through the internet and hug each of you!

Lizzie, yes, the CC Muffins should come with a warning! So good though!

My mind feels like it is being pulled in several different directions at once. I am so thrilled and happy to be at 150.6 again this morning; I am angry that I can't drop more; I am happy with the way I look; I am not happy with the way I look without clothes (shorts, etc. included); I feel fat still....I know this is probably normal for anyone that has lost a good deal of weight, and I'm hoping to get a handle on it and come to terms with it all. My mind wasn't happy when I was easily considered overweight, but my mind was only thinking that I needed to lose. Now, it gets so confusing. There is so much on here about feelings that occur while people are in the process of losing, but it gets fuzzy when people are maintaining or close to it. I always pictured it as that peaceful content place to be, but ? Hoping to get there one day. Hoping I'm not frightening any of you away from this point. Trust me, I would rather be here than where I was before.

Tomorrow is our monthly luncheon at work. This is usually a dangerous day. Groups of coworkers take turns and bring in or order items for it. They are ordering pizza and assorted pastas from a local pizza place. Salad will also be included. I eat salad for lunch almost every day. Desserts will surely be there too:( Guess I will find something else to do during this time to avoid the carby banquet.

Rained most of the day today. We have had more than our share of rain here lately. I know that my body needs the sun. Had a brief encounter with it yesterday, and my body seemed to literally absorb it, and I felt better for a brief moment. Then, it was gone:( I think I am having the SAD symptoms in the spring this year. Strange, because I am usually feeling better at this time since we usually have more sunlight. To get rain tomorrow morning too. :( One good thing, it is a 4 day week! Trying to think positive here!

So, I guess to sum things up: Waiting for the sun to come out in more ways than one here.

kittycitygirl 04-19-2011 08:18 PM

A little road music for the trip. I don't go anywhere without "my boys"!!! Help me out girls!!!

piratewoman 04-20-2011 03:10 AM

Kitty have a wonderful day

Frenchie'sGirl 04-20-2011 03:26 AM

Hi Kitty, nice to meet you! I look forward to rading your journal and wish you every success in completing your goal :)

kittycitygirl 04-20-2011 04:36 AM

Welcome aboard Frenchie!

Over the hump day, but really that would have been last night, wouldn't it? At least for me. Off Friday. Tempted to take off tomorrow too. I have so much work to do around here. Seriously, the place is a wreck! Everything is out of wack due to the attempt to paint the spare bedroom.

Well, enjoy your day ladies! Hoping it brings good things to you.

Bejewelme 04-20-2011 08:30 AM

Kitty I know how you feel for years I thought if I just lost weight and got to the perfect place I would be so content, losing is hard emotionally, I really wasn't prepared for that, I wasn't prepared to look so bad naked, LOL I wasn't prepared for people thinking I had changed when I dont feel like I changed personality wise, but yet I think maybe I am tougher? Its a mixed bag of feelings, but all for the good!!!!!

easwann 04-20-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittycitygirl (Post 14576510)
YouTube - The Clarks - Help Me Out (live)

A little road music for the trip. I don't go anywhere without "my boys"!!! Help me out girls!!!

Loved this ! Thanks for that, I love new ( to me) music!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittycitygirl (Post 14576490)
Then, it was gone:( I think I am having the SAD symptoms in the spring this year. Strange, because I am usually feeling better at this time since we usually have more sunlight. To get rain tomorrow morning too. :( One good thing, it is a 4 day week! Trying to think positive here!

So, I guess to sum things up: Waiting for the sun to come out in more ways than one here.

I am sorry it's happening to you, but I am glad to know I am not the only one.. I thought I had made it thru the winter and then spring didnt come at all, and I got super blue, which was really disturbing because I knew I should be pulling out of the winter.. but..I saw a glimpse of how it will be so heres to getting though it!

Keep thinking about how I want to feel on the boat , in a suit in the sun.. keeping me honest!! lol :D Oh and love that suit you got!! Hope todays a good one.

Lisa Darby 04-20-2011 11:24 AM

Kitycitygirl: I'm subscribing to your blog. Like so many on here, you are an inspiration and I'm looking forward to this long time journey!!! Like someone else said, you are doing so well and you don't have much to lose now, it will probably take a while to get to your exact goal. But keep doing what you are doing because I believe you will get there. So many remind me it's not a race.....and they are so right. Just have to keep reminding myself of that. LOL

kittycitygirl 04-20-2011 08:17 PM

Thanks Lisa and welcome! I have to keep reminding myself that it took many years to gain, and will take time to come off too. My body has to adjust and decide where it wants to go with this.

Thanks Amber and Lizzie. Knowing I am not the only one in all of this somehow makes it easier.:hugs: We will get through this and be stronger. All of us will.

They are my favorite band Lizzie (Besides my true love...Bruce:love:) My youngest DD loves them too:) Everyone knows that she is going to be the lead singer's wife, as soon as she can get rid of his present one:hyst: She is a tough/strong girl, but was shaking like a leaf when she got to meet him finally. You'll have to go to a Clarks concert if you make it to this area or they are in your area.

Did very well at the monthly dinner. They had the salad they listed on their "menu", so I had that with some of my chicken and my dressing for lunch. Wasn't even tempted by the pastas, and desserts. I have been craving mashed pot.s though:cry:, so loaded up on radishes at the grocery store before going home. You should have seen the odd looks I got when people passed the cart:rofl:One elderly lady was asking her daughter(?) where those (the radishes in my cart) were. Got even stranger looks with the 4 packs of bacon, 2 packs of pork chops, ...:rofl: I needed a Tshirt that said body by atkins!!! with a before and after shot to nail it!

In a real funk now. Tired, mentally and physically. I should have probably called off for tomorrow, but I will make it through the day.

DS stopped by tonight. He seemed so down about the food changes he has gone through. He is the kind of person that is always happy. Rarely upset. So when he is down, it is really something big. It has been almost a year since he was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. This hurts me so much. I just want to make it better, but I can't.

:hugs:to you Amber. We are here for you:hugs:

Frenchie'sGirl 04-21-2011 02:09 AM

SO sorry your son is going through such a rough time. I can sympathise with him on the mood thing. I can't believe what a bitter ball I have been the last few weeks, I am usually a pretty happy girl.

I had to chuckle about your cart, I get the oddest looks in the grocery store and the cashiers sometimes just look at my veggie choices like I was sent from hell to torture them (as they leaf through the book trying to find the prices) :rofl:

piratewoman 04-21-2011 02:13 AM

Kitty when you find out where to order the shirts let me know.

It's tuff being a parent and watching our childen suffer, just be there for him if he needs you. It's all most will allow.

Have a wonderful day sweetie, it's almost Friday!

kittycitygirl 04-21-2011 04:07 AM

Thanks girls. :hugs:

Frenchie: On top of the leafing, I had the trainee!:rofl:

:clap:Well, this is my Friday since I have off tomorrow:) Going to drag my butt through it keeping an eye on the 3 day weekend ahead.

Big hugs for all of you!

Road music of the day (add I've got LCFs:love::
JOOOOOOoooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!:lov e: Filmed in the area:)

ChristineCQ 04-21-2011 05:11 AM

Subscribing!!! :)

ChristineCQ 04-21-2011 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie'sGirl (Post 14579998)
SO sorry your son is going through such a rough time. I can sympathise with him on the mood thing. I can't believe what a bitter ball I have been the last few weeks, I am usually a pretty happy girl.

I had to chuckle about your cart, I get the oddest looks in the grocery store and the cashiers sometimes just look at my veggie choices like I was sent from hell to torture them (as they leaf through the book trying to find the prices) :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ditto. I often get, "What IS this??"

Bejewelme 04-21-2011 05:25 AM

Kitty- are you guys making up snow days over Easter? MY son would have been off Thurs, Fri and Mon, now just Fri, last year they got out of school so late, so this way they are done 6/10. I am off tomorrow too, thank goodness for Catholic owners, LOL
We are getting company, so if I am not posting too much I wanted to wish you and the fam a very Happy Easter! I know you will be enjoying the little man!!!!
Hugs
Amber

jumpstart24 04-21-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittycitygirl (Post 14579714)
They are my favorite band Lizzie (Besides my true love...Bruce:love:)

................:heart::heart::up::heart::heart:

I hope you get through today okay, Kitty, and have a fabulous weekend.
I'll pray for some sunshine to head your way...:aprayer:

....Oh and...What are you guys doing with the radishes? Any easy recipes?

:)

Frenchie'sGirl 04-21-2011 07:33 AM

Omg goodness Kitty can you imagine what that trainee was thinking? "of all the lines in all the grocery stores...she had to come through mine":doh:
:rofl:

Frenchie'sGirl 04-21-2011 07:34 AM

Margaret I made turnip au gratin Turnip Gratin | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

kittycitygirl 04-21-2011 04:26 PM

:hiya: Christine!!!

Still exhausted, but feeling a bit better knowing that work is done, and this is "my" time so to speak.

Now, you know what I will be doing Frenchie! Going to get the turnips I left there, and I'll probably get the same gal!!! :hyst:New challenge, how freaked out can you make the cashier by what you buy! :rofl:

Margaret: I have learned they are a great LC replacement for pot.s! Just cut tops and root off, washed and cooked. So easy! Didn't even peel them! Added them to potroast lately, and even DH thought they tasted like pot.s. Going to mash these since I have been craving mashed pot.s! Maybe make a type of shepards pie? Hmmmm...

Amber: Yep, making up snowdays :annoyed: Originally had a week for spring break, but they set those aside in case we have snow days, and we did; boy did we:annoyed: We only get off Fri. now, but didn't have to add any to the end of the year. Last year we added 3 teacher days plus took all of our "snowdays" because of the bad winter. Close call this year. :clap:on your day off! That will be good since you just went back. A 4 day week is a better way to get back to it. Have a great Easter with your little man too!

Okay, been drinking too much crap. Need to get the water in, so going to guzzle it all weekend since I am able to use the bathroom when I want to use it.

Still have so much sanding to do in the spare bedroom. I was hoping to have it done, painted and the beds put in there by now! Been too tired after work to do much of anything. My goal this weekend is to get it ready to paint. Then, next week, paint!!! Can't wait to see how it will look when that is done!

kittycitygirl 04-22-2011 04:03 AM

Was awakened last night by the upchuck fairy. Shouldn't have been a surprise, since I've been hearing tales of her visits to many homes around here. Hoping she has "left the building". Wrong fairy:( I prefer the whoosh fairy to visit!

Dog is out, going back to bed for a little more shut eye...hopefully!

Bejewelme 04-22-2011 05:21 AM

Oh Kitty dont be sick for the holiday! Autumn came last night I heard her coughing all night, and a stomach bug was going around the office, ughghg feel better!!!!

Frenchie'sGirl 04-22-2011 05:51 AM

SO sorry to hear you are feeling ill. I hope this leaves you quickly :console:

kittycitygirl 04-22-2011 06:36 AM

Went back to bed after taking the pup out this morning. Just got up a little bit ago (so you know my priorities: LCFs then FB:rofl:), and I'm feeling ok. Haven't had an episode since around 2:30AM, so maybe I'm good. Will try a bit of food later and no "breakfast" for now. Not a breakfast person normally anyways. I make myself eat something on work days to keep me going until I can eat (lunchtime).

jumpstart24 04-22-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie'sGirl (Post 14580699)

Wow...thanks! It looks yummy, and I love the pics to accompany the directions!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittycitygirl (Post 14582217)
...Margaret: I have learned they are a great LC replacement for pot.s! Just cut tops and root off, washed and cooked. So easy! Didn't even peel them! Added them to potroast lately, and even DH thought they tasted like pot.s. Going to mash these since I have been craving mashed pot.s! Maybe make a type of shepards pie? Hmmmm...

Thanks, Kitty. I guess I'll be buying some radishes, too.
Maybe I'll do self-checkout and avoid the cashier....:rofl:
Glad you're feeling a bit better.