Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
That SF candy can be dangerous! I have to limit it, and be careful how much other stuff has the SA in it as well. A bit doesn't hurt, but if I go over that line....
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
So ready for 2 days off from work, I was not made to be a working girl

Not sure what I am going to do tommorow on my day off, but I think a lot of lounging around is going to be in order.

Tonight was a pretty good M&E day, however I got these new fiber gummies which have 5g of fiber per 2 gummies (and are made with AS) so they have about .5-1g sugar alcohol per serving--well they are amazing! They taste so good, I had about 25g worth of fiber in just gummies alone

I don't know how this will impact my meat and egging weigh-in tommorow, but I think I am going to lay off of them tommorow so I can stick to meat and egging more strictly.

Otherwise food was pretty good tonight, and I am enjoying listening to the storm roll in outside my window. Hope weigh-in goes well tommorow.

Food:

Lunch (12:30pm)
-2 Eggs Scrambled W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter & 1 Tbsp. Cheese
-2 Slices Turkey Bacon
-1 Turkey Sausage (couldn't eat the other 2, got too full..)
-1 Tbsp. SF Syrup
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-6 Fiber Gummies
Snack (2:30pm)
-2 Slices Turkey
-2 Fiber Gummies
-20 Oz. Water W-Lemon
-20 Oz. Diet Coke
Dinner (8:00pm)
-1 Marinated Chicken Thigh
-1 Marinated Chicken Breast
-2 Fiber Gummies
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-40 Oz. Water W-Lemon

Totals = 871kcal, 88.5g (39%) protein, 46g (46%) fat, 40.4g (18%) carbs, 25.2g fiber, 15.4g (7%) net carbs, 2638mg sodium
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Same weight today as yesterday, hopefully I'll lose that extra 1/2 pound I've been toting around since my 145 celebration. Gotta remember to drink my water today.

Not super hungry, didn't eat my lunch until around 3:30, and I made 2 Hard-Boiled Eggs if I am feeling up to it around dinner time. Also had 2 fiber gummies today but I am tapped out after that as I think the AS in it may cause problems in my weigh-in tommorow

I might try a fat fast just to see how it works if I get bored this week. I would also like to jump start myself into ketosis, as I don't think I am in it anymore (I have had problems staying in it recently)....

Once I hit below 145, I guarantee I will be raring to get out of the 140's but patience is a virtue, so I have to let my body adjust.

Not doing anything on this extremely hot day off, and it feels awesome, I dont even feel bad about not showering

I might paint my nails later and do a few clean house things, but for the most part I am thoroughly enjoying being a lazy bum!

Check in later with my food and day re-cap! Happy Monday everyone

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-11-2011 at 01:55 PM..
Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Super lazy day today, but I am not complaining. Didn't have a huge appetite either so eating was pretty minimal.

I tried to hard-boil some eggs but I didn't cook them long enough...so I tried to boil them in water in the microwave, and long story short, the egg exploded in the microwave and went off with a bang in the kitchen that sounded like a gun shot

Learned my lesson the hard way. Do not try to boil eggs in the microwave. EVER.

Also, I ordered a cute dress online from Victoria's Secret in a medium, so I hope it fits, its a cute summery casual-type dress, and I'm hoping I will get some use out of it before summer is over

Going to the zoo with the BF tommorow for something fun to do. I haven't been to this particular zoo in while so I am sure it will be fun, its supposed to be a little cloudy tommorow, but maybe then it won't be so hot as it has been recently. I am definitely excited to do something a little different than we normally do and enjoy a nice day out.

Not much else going on today, so here's my food for the day:

Lunch (3:30pm)
-2 Scrambled Eggs W-1 Tbsp. Cheese & 1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon
-1 Tbsp. SF Syrup
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Snack (3:45pm)
-1 SF Dove
-2 Fiber Gummies
-6 Oz. Diet Pepsi
Dinner (8:30pm)
-2 Sausages W-1 Tsp. SF Syrup
-10 Medium Shrimp
-1 Diet Mountain Dew

and 40 Oz. Water W-Lemon

Totals = 576kcal, 42.2g (29%) protein, 39.1g (61%) fat, 14.9g (10%) carbs, 5.8g fiber, 9.1g (6%) net carbs, 1488mg sodium.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V317380.jpg (46.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-12-2011, 06:18 AM   #215

Oh, my on the eggs in the microwave!!! (no vent hole in them is the problem)

You are going to look fantastic in that dress! Pic.s please when it comes!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Oh, my on the eggs in the microwave!!! (no vent hole in them is the problem)

You are going to look fantastic in that dress! Pic.s please when it comes!!!
I will for sure put a picture up! It should be shipped Friday, and I plan on wearing it Saturday
Old 07-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Weighed in today at 145lbs, and had to get up kinda early to get ready to go to the zoo with the BF, so I am sure my weight was a little less than 145 but I was up too early for it be noticeable on the scale.

We had a really nice time at the zoo, although this zoo (the one we went to today) is not the MN zoo (even though we live really close to MN one), its the Como Zoo, and is a non-profit type of zoo that is free to go to unless you want to do a voluntary donation. So it means they have less animals than the MN Zoo, and less "attractions" however it was still fun to have something free to do with the BF and it was a nice day outside so that was plus. I will probably post a few pictures later

Afterwards BF bought both me and him DQ, where I indulged on a small dip-cone. Not the best idea but right now, but I am still losing while working some carbs in 1-2 days per week. Then a few hours later we got dinner at Ruby Tuesdays where I got spaghetti squash "pasta" with marinara sauce and zuchinni, it was good, but soo filling. I was full before I had even half of it finished. So I boxed up the rest of it for later.

We were going to go to see Super 8 tonight as well, but decided against it and might just have a cuddle-fest on his couch which I am more than alright with after a long day.

I think I might try the fat fast tomorrow and if it goes well, try it for a few days just to mix it up. I would like to lose about 2lbs by Saturday and am wondering if the fat fast would be a good option like meat & egging to jump-start weight loss. I am going out with 2 friends of mine on Saturday to a tattoo/piercing place where I may get something done (either a lotus tattoo on my back or a nape piercing) and then afterwards we are going to the Melting Pot (which I am super excited about as I have never been!). I plan on wearing my dress I ordered so I would like to be extra confident in my dress with 2 more pounds lost under my belt. The only thing I think I would like to pick up for my fasting is a little HWC and some Avocados, otherwise I think I have most of the LC ingredients to get 5-200 calories meals with the equivalent of 75-90% fat. Plus with working nights, I don't like to have a huge meal after I get off as I think it sticks on my body more than a smaller meal. Will definitely keep my results posted with fat fasting and compare it to my meat & egging.

Hope everyone else has a good night! Here's my food (caution: it is not low carb) :blush:

Snack (11:00am)
-1 String Cheese
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Lunch (12:45pm)
-1 Jr Double Bacon Cheeseburger (No Bun)
-1 Side Salad W-Ranch
-1 String Cheese
-1 Diet Coke
Snack (4:00pm)
-1 Small Chocolate Dipped Cone
Dinner (6:30pm)
-1/2 Order Spaghetti Squash W-Marinara & Zuchinni
-1 Side Salad W-Cheddar Cheese, Tomato, Cucumber, Egg, & Ranch.
-1/4 Cup Broccoli Salad
-2 Small Cheddar Biscuits
-2 Diet Cokes

Totals = 1572kcals, 54.3g (15%) protein, 96.9g (59%) fat, 100g (27%) carbs , 6g Fiber, 94g (23%) net carbs, 2438mg sodium.

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-12-2011 at 05:44 PM..
Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #218

mmmm... the spagh squash sounds devine! That zoo sounds pretty cool

Good luck on the FF!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
mmmm... the spagh squash sounds devine! That zoo sounds pretty cool

Good luck on the FF!!!
The squash was really good, more al dente then I was expecting, but a wonderful subsitute for noodles. I will have to make this more when I up my carbs! I told BF that I was wanting more cheese though, to fat it up

However, they were toting it as under "500 calories" so I think they limited the cheese, which I found a tad disappointing, but it was still good!

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-13-2011 at 08:59 PM..
Old 07-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

So today was day 1 of my 3 day fat fast. Its interesting eating 5-200 calorie "meals" per day instead of 2 large ones that I am used to, but I am enjoying the foods I am eating, so I havent found a problem with it yet.

I made some really yummy stuffed peppers with goat cheese, cream cheese, and prosciutto before I went to work and I ate 3 of them and still managed to work them into my fat fast. They were so good! Even my picky mother enjoyed them, and then made a rendition of my stuffed peppers with mushrooms. I ended up saving 6 of them so they can be 2 small meals on my fast for the next 2 days.

My mom has been trying to get on the LC bandwagon but I think she is struggling to get started unfortunately. She does not like change and she is so used to her morning cereal that not having that is really strange for her. She did stock up on some atkins shakes, bars, and some of the atkins baking mix. So I know she will probably start LCing at least a little, even if she does skip induction. She is pre-diabetic, so I am hoping she tries LC and succeeds not only to lose weight but also improve her health and get out of that pre-diabetic category.

On another note, I was down a few ounces from yesterdays weigh-in, and I am hoping tommorow I will be down further (maybe even past 145). But, I know the scale can be fickle after I have a cheat day, so I will not evaulate the effectivness of my fat fast until day 2. Usually on day 2 of Meat & Egging I see about a -1/lb weight loss and I am trying to use this as a comparison.

Other than that my day was pretty good, I trained another new girl at work tonight so work was fairly easy and painless. Hoping I will be able to sleep better tonight than I have been because recently I have been tossing and turning and I am out of my unisom so there isn't much relief. Only good thing about my job is that I do not have to wake up early.

My dress also shipped today and says it should be here late tommorow or Friday so I am way excited to try it on. I hope it fits and looks nice

Heres my crazy food for today:

Meal 1 (1:00pm)
-1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter & 1 Tbsp. Cream Cheese W-Cinnamon & Truvia
-1 Diet Pepsi
Meal 2 (2:15pm)
-3 Goat Cheese/Cream Cheese/Proscuttio stuffed peppers
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Meal 3 (4:30pm)
-1/4 Cup Walnuts W-1 Tbsp. Butter & 2 Tsp. Splenda
Meal 4 (6:30pm)
-1/4 Cup Walnuts W-1 Tbsp. Butter & 2 Tsp. Splenda
-20 Oz. Water
Meal 5 (8:00pm)
-2 Slices Bacon W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-1 Diet Pepsi
-40 Oz. Water

Totals = 1006kcals, 33.1g (14%) protein, 90g (80%) fat, 22g (8%) carbs, 10.2g fiber, 11.8g (5%) net carbs, 1372mg sodium.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #221

Hoping your mom can do the LC. It should help her out a lot.

I want pic.s of you in the dress!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hoping your mom can do the LC. It should help her out a lot.

I want pic.s of you in the dress!!!
I hope so too, her and my sister keep hassling me for "diet plans" considering I went to school for nutrition. But, we have 3 Atkins books and a South Beach one with recipes

I think they just want a more personalized plan that will help them out. So I may cave and do it because I love them so.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Down about -.2/lb today.

Tomorrow shall be judgment day of Fat Fast, usually on Day 2 of Meat & Egg Fast I lose about a pound, so if its not comparable then I might consider Meat and Egging to be better for losing. I will complete all 3 days though just to see it through.

My dress also came today, along with a night shirt I ordered, and a tee shirt I got for free. I was surprised to find that the medium dress and night shirt were a little loose! The shirt fit really well, so thats great. I am not concerned with the dress and night shirt for being too big because I am sure that they will shrink a little in the wash and dryer (and I didnt want a summery dress to be too clingy). I shall take a picture of it on Saturday when I wear it and post it to my journal

Fat Fasting is leaving a little to be desired for me, I feel like I am eating more calories than I normally do, but I am still hungry at night. I think its because I am eating 5 small meals instead of 2 big ones, and trying to keep my fat so high really limits the amount I can eat. I feel more satisfied with meat & egging I do have to say. We will see if the results are favorable enough after 3-days to keep this in my regimen.

Work was super crazy tonight, and I am exhausted. I was training another new employee tonight, when I got the call I had to go up and cover another of our employees wards because his car was broken in to. So I had to leave my trainee on one of the hardest units to fend for himself, however he did end up doing just fine, and when my other co-workers finished they made sure to go up to the ward to which he was on and help him.

I was up earlier than normal today too just because I couldn't sleep. The whole not being able to sleep thing is getting really old, I hate having to rely on sleep aids, but honestly when I don't have them I suffer pretty badly. Will have to pick up some more soon just for a little peace of mind at night.

Food was a little boring today (very similar to yesterdays) and I was a little over 1,000kcals but I am not going to sweat it. It is much harder to eat super high fat then I would have thought!

M1 (11:00am)
-1 Egg W-1 Tbsp. Colby Jack
-2 Slices Turkey Bacon W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-2 Slices Capicola
-2 Tsp. SF Syrup
-4 Fiber Gummies
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
M2 (12:45pm)
-1 Oz. Cream Cheese & 1 Tbsp. SF Peanut Butter W-Cinnamon & Truvia
M3/M4 (7:00pm)
-6 Tbsp. Walnuts W-Butter, Splenda, & Cinnamon
-20 Oz. Water
M5 (8:00pm)
-3 Goat Cheese/Cream Cheese/Prosciutto Stuffed Peppers
-1/4 Oz. Cheddar
-1 Diet Pepsi
-20 Oz. Water

Totals = 1,100kcals, 42.8g (15%) protein, 93.5g (76%) fat, 34.5g (12%) carbs, 18.4g fiber, 16.1g (6%) net carbs, 1600mg sodium
Old 07-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Down about -.6/lb from yesterdays weight. Which I was hoping for a little more, but any loss is a good loss. If I don't have a substantial loss tommorow, I shall fay farewell to my Fat Fasting, and keep doing what I was doing with my Meat & Egging (the results are just too good to pass up), and I know I can lose 2-3lbs in 2-3 days with meat & egging. The food choices with Fat Fasting are a nice little vacation from meat & eggs, but I just don't like being hungry, and having to figure out all my intake the day before (in order to make sure I hit 75-95% fat).

~Fat Fast~
Day 1: -.2/lb
Day 2: -.6/lb
Total = .8/lb

On another note, my mom is starting to worry that I look too skinny (which I don't really see....as my ultimate goal is to look good in a bikini--and I am so not there yet!), and that I need to start transitioning into OWL and Pre-Maintenence by now (she's not a LCer yet, but shes read the books). Ideally, I would like to see the 130's as a safeguard before I start working in other carbs/foods in my diet repetoir. I am sure once I get to 130 I will lower my goal by 5-10lbs for a vanity goal weight (120-125lbs), so I am just trying to speed through the 140's with Meat & Egging/Fat Fasting to get there. Its frustrating having someone tell you verbatim from the book what you should be doing, when she knows that I have read them cover to cover as well (also doubly irritating because she is not LCing at the moment).

I am currently working on making her a little Atkins Induction book with her daily menus and recipes (lots taken from here!) with food I know she'd like, in hopes it may help her get started. This morning when I went upstairs I saw the remains of her cereal bowl so I know she hasn't started yet. She says shes trying, I think she just needs to get psyched up about it, and see all the foods she can have and not worry about the ones she's giving up.

I work again tonight, which is odd as I usually have Fridays off, but I picked up a shift for another one of my co-workers as I am in desperate need of money. However, it is my weekend off this weekend, and I am very much looking forward to it, despite the fact that it is supposed to storm ALL weekend!

Tommorow I am meeting up with one of my guy friends around 11:30 and we are going to go see Harry Potter 7.5 and then grab lunch (probably at Chipotle <--his favorite) afterwards. Then we are meeting up with one of my best girl friends to go to a really nice tattoo/piercing shop where I, and my guy friend, are possibly getting tattoos/piercing done. I am torn between which one I want to get, and I am sure money will be the deciding factor for me. He wants to get a tattoo done (the word "relentless" in script along his forearm), so I think it depends on what its quoted to whether or not he is getting it done tommorow as well. I either want to get a lotus tattoo (it would be my first tattoo) on the center of my back, below my neck, about 3''x3'' (or smaller)--I want to have the petals shaded purple and the rest of the tattoo done in black. Or I am contemplating a nape piercing, I like this idea because it is less permanent, but I know my BF is not wild about the piercing idea (however he did not like the idea of getting my nose pierced, but does not mind it at all now). I think I will just have to decide when I get there....

After we are done at the tattoo/piercing shop, we are going to go to the Melting Pot (which I am super excited for, as I have never been) so it should be a really fun and delicious day/night. I plan to eat off plan at the Melting Pot, but come Sunday I will be back on LCing for sure.

Currently, I have a yummy coconut milk custard in the oven (I had leftover coconut milk from this mornings "fatty" smoothie, and I am hoping it turns out well. It made much more than I anticpated, so the carbs should be pretty low per slice.

That is all I think (I guess I had much more to say than I thought I would!) So I hope everyone else has a nice day and better weather than we are having here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg advanced_nape.jpg (15.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Lotus3.jpg (24.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #225

Your mom is just worried you will "starve" yourself. Moms worry about anorexia and such. You are probably getting close to a good weight for your height. Have you shared a specific goal with her? Have you shown her that you would still be in a heathy range if you reach it? That might help.

I think some have a hard time doing a "diet" without being given meal plans. I have a relative that keeps saying she wants to sit down and have me make her a menu to eat. I tell her to come on over, but she hasn't yet. Planning out meals for her to start might be what she needs
Old 07-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Your mom is just worried you will "starve" yourself. Moms worry about anorexia and such. You are probably getting close to a good weight for your height. Have you shared a specific goal with her? Have you shown her that you would still be in a heathy range if you reach it? That might help.

I think some have a hard time doing a "diet" without being given meal plans. I have a relative that keeps saying she wants to sit down and have me make her a menu to eat. I tell her to come on over, but she hasn't yet. Planning out meals for her to start might be what she needs
Yeah, I think she is worried about that too. My mom has always told me I am beautiful no matter what size I am, and when I tell her that I've lost 30lbs that sounds like a big number to her. I really carried my weight well, so 30lbs gone on me isn't super duper noticeable. I told her once I lost like 5 more pounds I was going to transition into OWL eating, which I do plan to do.

I am hoping the meal plan that I am doing will help her stick to something for her health and happiness
Old 07-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Had a pretty decent night at work, it was really slow which made for an easy night. I trained the same new employee that I trained yesterday so it was a lot of me watching and making sure he was doing his job correctly.

The weather here was crazy this morning, it was raining so hard that our backyard is completely flooded, and my poor little Chihuahua/Min Pin mix was trembling. Its supposed to storm all weekend which is a bummer, but I am sure I will make the most out of my weekend anyways

I am still feeling small hunger pains from fat fasting, not so much during the day, but more at night when its after dinner before my bed. Usually I try and just quiet my hunger with lots of water, but I am still feeling a little unsatisfied.

The coconut custard I made this morning was pretty good as well, I bet it would be even better made with a little HWC & Coconut Milk. I will just have to watch my portions as well on that, so I don't go into a custard coma

Ideally, I would love to see around a -1/lb loss on the scale tommorow, but I dont think Fat Fast likes me much, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was less. Hopefully I will have at least a little loss.

Food:

M1 (11:30am)
-2 Oz. Cream Cheese & 1/2 Cup SF Jell-O (Whipped Together)
-2 Fiber Gummies
-12 Oz. Diet Mountain Dew
M2 (1:15pm)
-2/3 Cup Coconut Milk W-1 Oz. Cream Cheese, 1 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder, & Truvia (Blended, Yum!!)
-20 Oz. Water
M3/M4 (7:00pm)
-1/2 Cup Almonds W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter, Cinnamon & Truvia
M5 (8:15pm)
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-1 Tbsp. SF Syrup
-1/6 Coconut Milk Custard
-24 Oz. Diet Green Tea
-40 Oz. Water

Totals = 1113kcals, 34.6g (12%) protein, 95.8g (77%) fat, 38g (14%) carbs, 18.9g fiber, 19.1g (7%) net carbs, 1570mg sodium

Over about 100 kcals but oh well, Fat Fasting is not very fun.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry guys I have been so MIA! I have been out and about so much the last few days I haven't had hardly any time to write.

Saturday I got up pretty early and went to see Harry Potter with one of my friends, I did like the movie, but I was left a little disappointed considering they changed a lot the details from the book. However, it was still a nice conclusion to the movie saga. Afterwards, we went to Chipotle and then picked up another one of our friends to go to the tattoo and piercing shop.

I did end up getting my neck pierced, as I thought the tattoo was a little too permanent as of right now. We didn't end up having dinner reservations at the Melting Pot until 8:45 so we had about 4 hours to kill between my appointment at the tattoo shop and our reservation, so we hit up Happy Hour at one of the bars where I got 2 drinks, and boy did they hit me fast

During Happy Hour, my friend (girl) decided that she loved my neck peircing and so we went back so she could go get hers done as well. Then we went to the Melting Pot, and the food was to die for! I have never been there before, and it was sooo amazing! I defintely ate off plan, but I didn't feel bad because I had such a good time with my friends. Afterwards, I went back to my friends house where we watched a movie and hung out until the end of the night.

Sunday, I got coffee with two of my other friends, and then went over to my gramma's house for Birthday Celebrations, where I again ate off plan...but there really werent any options except ham and lettuce for LCing. Then I went over to the BF's house where we hung out for a few hours before I had to call it a night for being so tired.

I finally got some good sleep after a few days of hardly any, and then this morning I went to my first Twins game at our new stadium. It would have been really nice but the weather has been so hot and humid lately that I was sweating bullets. They lost the game, but it was fun to go and see a few friends of mine and try and enjoy the game without the heat taking over.

I have ate off plan for 3 days, and this morning even though it was really early I was still up in weight more than I would like to have been. I have to buckle back down this week and try and get a good loss under my belt, as July is going by so quickly. I doubt I will have a loss at all this week, despite Fat Fasting. Tommorow, I am starting back on Meat & Egging until Friday in order to help shift my carb weight from these bad days of eating. Hopefully these pounds are just water weight and will come off quickly.

Food was alright today, but not as good as I had wanted. It was so hot I was really craving ice cream but I did not cave and get any so that was nice to at least have a small victory. I shall post my food starting tommorow once again, Saturday-Today was too much food and too complicated to figure out.

Also, as promised I will post a picture of me in the dress, but I didn't get a good one on Saturday so I will re-post it in a few days

Heres my neck piercing though (I am on the left)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0219.jpg (52.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-18-2011 at 05:46 PM..
Old 07-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: 197.5/178/150
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Hi Mariah! I have been following your journey and you are truely amazing. We started a while back around the same time and your progress is something I envy! All of your hard work is to be cheered!

I have recommitted for the last 2 weeks and now am very intrigued by your meat and egg fast results - I think the month of August will have that on tap for me! I am LC'ing but not very successfully.

Best of luck to you and you will be seeing me here!
labmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by labmini View Post
Hi Mariah! I have been following your journey and you are truely amazing. We started a while back around the same time and your progress is something I envy! All of your hard work is to be cheered!

I have recommitted for the last 2 weeks and now am very intrigued by your meat and egg fast results - I think the month of August will have that on tap for me! I am LC'ing but not very successfully.

Best of luck to you and you will be seeing me here!
Awh Thanks Mini! My losses have been slowing lately, due to losing 30lbs and to the fact that I am losing my strictness with myself and WOE, but i try to start fresh every day.

I am sure you will have success with Meat & Egging. I often use that as my means of correcting for cheat days, and recently its been my way of losing weight during the week (the weekend is hard for me to stay on track).

I look forward to hearing more from you! I will have to check out your journal as well!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

So I had a pretty good day with the BF yesterday, he wanted to see Harry Potter, so I went again. Then afterwards we got dinner, and then went to Best Buy for a little browsing (I want a new TV). Then went back to his place and just vegged around, its far too hot to do anything outside right now. I spent the night at his place so I don't really have an accurate weight reading.

I am still about a pound more above my ticker, but today I am re-starting (once again) my meat and egg fasting. I want to do M&E until Friday, Saturday I will stick to it, but I am going out with friends to a few bars so I will be having some drinks so it won't be a true meat & egg day. Hopefully I can get past 144. I will continue Meat & Egging Sunday and Monday as well.

I haven't been doing very well this month, and with only 11 days left, I really have to make it count. I want to get to around 138lbs by the end of the month, so I really have to stick with it, and stop all the cheating and the binging that I have been doing. I have gotten really lax with my WOE and need to buckle back down. Once I get into the 130's I will start back on induction and then transition into OWL and then continue until I hit my goal.

I work tonight, and am going to stick mostly to eggs today so hopefully I will have a loss by tommorow for the weekly challenge weigh-in that I am in. I have found that the days I work its so much easier for me to stick to my WOE because I am not around friends and my BF, I usually don't do anything after work so I know my eating is stable at my house. I just have to get back to the attitude that I am not allowed cheats because it triggers cravings, which triggers binges. Vicious cycle really...

On a side note, when I went out with 2 of my friends last Saturday (one guy friend and one girl friend) my girl friend, thought that I looked really skinny, and thinks that I should only lose about 10 more pounds. I told her my goal was about 15. I think her concern about me losing weight (knowing I have a past ED), is just a worry that I am starving myself, which I am not doing (I told them I actually do eat a lot, and most of my days consist of bacon and butter ). She also doesn't want me to waste away and wants me to stop at a healthy and normal weight (I also told them my BMI would still be in the normal range).

I think its just a lot harder for me to see my progress, because I still feel a chubby, and I am able to pinch/grab fat on my stomach, thighs, and arms so for me I still see a long ways to go. In the eyes of others (especially those who don't see me often), its probably more noticeable. I know I am my own worst critic, but sometimes its hard for me to take compliments and hear genuine concerns about my apperance. I didn't make any promises, as I want to get to my goal of 130lbs, but I will keep her thoughts in my consideration as she is one of my best friends and really has my best interest at heart.

Well, its about time I go get ready for work, I hope everyone has a nice and HOT day!

Mariah

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-20-2011 at 11:53 AM..
Old 07-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #232

I hear ya there about seeing yourself different than others do. It takes time. I'm still working on it, but I had problems in the past when I was very thin also.

I laugh when people think I'm not eating! LOL They should see how much I eat! I am trying to watch the cal.s now though to lose a bit more.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I hear ya there about seeing yourself different than others do. It takes time. I'm still working on it, but I had problems in the past when I was very thin also.

I laugh when people think I'm not eating! LOL They should see how much I eat! I am trying to watch the cal.s now though to lose a bit more.
I literally had to tell my friend what I ate every day for lunch and dinner to make her understand I wasn't starving myself. She believes me, she just doesnt want me to get waif-like (which would take much more than 15lbs )
Old 07-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

So not a great re-start to my meat & egging. I don't know what my deal is lately, I have been having killer cravings and have slipped back into binge mode. Tommorow is a new day because it has to be. I need to stop being unhealthy and get back on LC mode.

I think getting into the 140's has freaked my mind out a little since I haven't been this "skinny" in such a long while and I almost feel like I am self sabatoging. I know once I get back into ketosis that my cravings will go away and I will keep the binge monster back in check, I am just having a hard time getting back at it. I don't want this to be a wasted month for weight loss so I need to come back to reality as of yesterday.

I will be good tommorow and stick to my plan of eating (repeat mantra x5).

Thank goodness I have this forum for support and love, otherwise I am sure I wouldn't have anything keeping me accountable. All I can pray for is no gain tommorow morning.

Food was bad, I will not post.

But here is my plan for tommorow, going to eat alot in hopes that staying full will curb my hunger.

B:
-2 Eggs W-Butter
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon
L:
-1 Chicken Breast Stuffed W-Goat Cheese
-1 or 2 Deviled Eggs
D:
-2 Marinated Chicken Thighs

Ok, so now all I have to do is stick to my WOE and get past day 1. Lets hope for some good sleep and a good morning. I shall keep checking in, in order to keep my naughty ways under control

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-20-2011 at 09:43 PM..
Old 07-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Brand New Day.

It is a brand new day, I am back in the 144lb mark and ready to go back to LCing.

I know that I can do this, I just have to beat all the temptations I have been having. I sure hope today is a good day!

Off to go make my LC Breakfast!
Old 07-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ElizabethLC
Stats: 218.5/147/150s
Start Date: July 2008
You are doing great.. your journal is an inspiration
ElizabethLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethLC View Post
You are doing great.. your journal is an inspiration
Thanks so much!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Alright, so I had a minor slip-up this morning, but got back on track the rest of the day, despite my binge urge being at an all time high. I think its back to basics for this girl because I need to master my cravings and drop these last 3-1/2 pounds to get into the 130's. Once I see the 130's it is back to induction so I can incorporate more variety into my WOE and lessen my binge craving. I think I am having a lot of cravings because Meat & Egging leaves a lot to be desired, but I do use this way to lose because it is nice being able to see the constant losses on the scale.

I am sure I will see a slight gain tommorow, due to the fact that I actually kept some food down but I will not let myself panic because I know I was not over my carbs or calories for the day. One day under my belt will allow tommorow to be much easier than today. It will even out in a day or two, and I need to get back into ketosis.

Other than that, my day was pretty good. Went to work and had an easy night, and then had some yummy asian marinated chicken thighs with a few spears of broccoli waiting for me when I got home. Tommorow my parents leave for a camping trip so I hope keeping myself busy with work and friends this weekend will allow me to keep the binge monster at bay.

Tommorow night I am going over to a friends house, so that will be a great distraction from the fridge and fast food. I will probably go over to his house after dinner (since I am dog-sitting) and will come back home too late to eat anything. Then Saturday after work I am going out with a few of my girlfriends for a few drinks, I have to drive home afterwards, so setting a 2 drink maximum will insure that I don't intake too many calories and carbs.

Hopefully, I can stick to my plan and start losing once more instead of bouncing around the same few pounds. I just have to keep my goal in mind!

Heres my Food:

Lunch (1:30pm)

-2 Slices Turkey
-1 String Cheese
-4 Fiber Gummies
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Snack (6:00pm)
-2-Diet Dr. Peppers
Dinner (8:00pm)
-2.5 Marinated Chicken Thighs
-1 Marinated Chicken Breast
-1/2 Cup Broccoli
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Snack (8:15pm)-1 SF Popsicle
-4 Fiber Gummies

and 40+ Oz. Water

Totals = 692kcals, 86.6g (50%) protein, 27.5g (36%) fat, 35.6g (20%) carbs, 20.3g fiber, 15.3g (8%) net carbs, 2300mg sodium.

I over did it on the soda today, but not every day can be perfect.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:39 AM   #239

Ahhhh...the cravings.... I think our body does that to try to pack on some more fat in case of a famine....Nature's way of storing for bad times. It sees the new lows, and it says hold on....we need to seek food to restock supplies....

Tough days to get back on track....this is a big incentive in keeping me from going off plan...It has to be worth these days of fighting to get back....as we know...the good part is that once we are past them...it gets easier

You are doing extremely well. Feel proud! You can do this!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

So yesterday was an alright day, not stellar but I suppose a little better than my previous days during the week. Still struggling a tad with the binge monster and an empty house but going to work today and tommorow will help curb the craving. Last night I went ot a friends house and we watched Insidious which was pretty good, kind of like a cross between Poltergeist and The Exorcist. Driving home to an empty house was a little creepy because we had massive fog rolling in but I made it safely and was not attacked by any creepy crawlys during my late night walk with the dogs.

Had a minor loss on the scale this morning and am holding on to a 31lb loss. Not that great considering I have been hovering around this weight for about 2 weeks, but I have to be grateful that I have held on to a loss and not gained anything. This week I have to go out with a bang for weight-loss, so my monthly weight loss isn't at an all time low. I would at least like to see -5/lbs for my month so I need about 2-1/2 more pounds to go. Which I think is do-able. If I have a really awesome week I can for sure do that.

Tonight after work, I am going out for a few drinks with some of my girl-friends. I have to drive home so I am limiting myself to 2-3 drinks for the night. Probably sticking to Crystal Light & Vodka or Diet Soda W-Vodka. Should be a pretty laid back night. I am dog-sitting while my parents are away camping, and I feel bad leaving them all night so I am sure I will come back earlier than planned as I was out pretty late last night. They miss my parents terribly and I know they don't eat very much when no one is home. Poor babies.

As long as I can make it through the end of the weekend and start my week off right I know I can lose some more pounds with a fair amount of ease. I just have to keep patience and diligence in the back of my mind.

Also, BF had another job interview yesterday (for a new company) so we have to wish him some GL on a new job prospect!

Off to enjoy my hour of freedom before I get ready to go to work

Happy Saturday.

Here is my food from yesterday:

Lunch (2:00pm)

-1 Atkins Cranberry Almond Day Break Bar
-20 Raw Almonds
-10 Cocoa Roast Almonds
-1 String Cheese
-2 Glasses Crystal Light
-1 Diet Coke
Dinner (6:00pm)
-2 Marinated Chicken Thighs
-1/2 Marinated Chicken Breast
-1 SF Popsicle
-1 Diet Coke
-6 Fiber Gummies
Snack (10:30pm)
-1 Glass Crystal Light
-1 Diet Pepsi

Totals = 831kcals, 67.8g protein (33%) , 47.3g (52%) Fat, 39.8g (19%) Carbs, 24.3g fiber, 15.5g (7%) net carbs, 810mg sodium

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-23-2011 at 10:36 AM..