Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Had only a -1/lb loss this week, but it is better then having a zero loss. Hoping for 2-3lbs this week, which would bring me into the 145lb arena as well. Have to work the next 3 days in a row, but it should be really easy to stick to meat & egging. This may be my last week of meat and egging and then going to try and go back to induction. Then phase into OWL and do Atkins "correctly"

If meat and egging works its magic, getting into the low 140's or even the 130's by next Tuesday would be optimal but I know it probably won't happen. I can always wish though

Should be an easy week.

I posted my charts for 90 days as well so everyone can have a clearer picture that weight-loss doesnt happen every day. Some days I am up (most days) and some days I am down, but in the long run I have lost, so it looks much nicer in the 1st chart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 90 Days Overall.jpg (33.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 90 Days Everyday.jpg (15.8 KB, 11 views)
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

So tonight was a first good night back at meat & egging. Managed to stick to the plan fairly well, so hoping for a little bit of a loss tommorow. The only thing I am worried about is a hot dog I had (due to sodium) and some Diet Dr. Pepper out of a fountain at work. Im always worried that what I am drinking is not actually "diet" and didn't have a taste tester around, so I took the word of the machine (I usually get diet coke as I know the taste well, but the diet dr. pepper tasted too good )

I cannot wait for the 130's to get here, it will seem so strange when it happens, since I have not seen the 130's since I was about 16 but nonetheless I can't wait.

I work again tommorow, so it will be more of the same food, and probably more tuna since thats so quick and easy to fix after I come home late from work.

Other than that, I am trying to shrink some jeans in the washer as we speak in hopes I can salvage a few pairs (alot of them I have never worn as they were too tight) and now I can't believe I am trying to shrink them, its crazy!

I am super tired tonight as well, so hopefully I can get a good nights sleep and have a nice weigh-in tommorow.

Lunch (12:00pm)
-2 Scrambled Eggs W-1/2 Oz. Havarti & 1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-2 Slices Turkey Bacon
-3 Turkey Sausages
-1 Tbsp. SF syrup
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-20 Oz. Water
Snack (7:00pm)
-16 Oz. Diet Dr. Pepper
Dinner (8:00pm)
-5 Oz. Tuna W-Mayo & Mustard
-1 Hot Dog
-1 Hard-Boiled Egg
-1/2 Tbsp. LC Ketchup
-1 Diet Pepsi
Snack (11:45pm)
-1 Mug Sweet & Spicy Tea

Totals = 966kcal, 75.5g (31%) protein, 70.8g (65%) fat, 8.5g (3%) carbs, 0g fiber, 2687mg sodium.

Goodnight everyone
Old 07-06-2011, 05:23 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
OMG, Mariah. The 130s?!?! You are amazing! Keep up the great work! They'll be here before you know it.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Mariah! You are doing so well! Keep it up! Love that you posted your graphs. These help many to see it isn't a straight easy drop.

I hear you on the fountain drinks! Some of them worry you! Hoping your day goes well!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
OMG, Mariah. The 130s?!?! You are amazing! Keep up the great work! They'll be here before you know it.

Thanks Christine! I sure hope they get here soon! I still have a little bit to go though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Mariah! You are doing so well! Keep it up! Love that you posted your graphs. These help many to see it isn't a straight easy drop.

I hear you on the fountain drinks! Some of them worry you! Hoping your day goes well!
I like looking at my charts as well, seeing my ups and downs, and knowing that its normal to fluctuate really helps me not get dicouraged when my weight bumps around every other day.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Up.

So I am up on the scale today (almost +1/lb) which is a little strange considering I stuck to meat & egging yesterday. First time I've ever had a gain when following it. However, I am battling a sun-burn, had a sneaky hot-dog and possibly had some fountain pop that may have not been diet. So today I will not have any fountain pop at work and will stay away from the hot-dogs.

I would like to see 3lbs gone this week, but don't know if its asking too much.

A whoosh for tommorows challenge weigh-in would be great as well, just saying...

I work again tonight so I will be having pretty much the same food. I work a lot this coming month so my paychecks will be nice but I am sure my mood will get grouchy

Hope everyone has a nice Wednesday! I am going to try my hardest to have one as well
Old 07-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunburn is definitely a culprit! I got some sun this weekend as well, and I think it's messing with my scale!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #188

Yep, sunburn does that....wish I could claim that! LOL
Old 07-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ElizabethLC
Stats: 218.5/147/150s
Start Date: July 2008
About the fountain drinks - if you take a couple drops on your finger and rub them on a table (or whatever surface is nearby), if it gets sticky it is regular soda, but if it doesn't get that sticky-sugar feeling it's diet.
ElizabethLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethLC View Post
About the fountain drinks - if you take a couple drops on your finger and rub them on a table (or whatever surface is nearby), if it gets sticky it is regular soda, but if it doesn't get that sticky-sugar feeling it's diet.
Thanks, never thought of doing that!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethLC View Post
Wow! I never thought of doing this, thanks! Next time I suspect regular instead of diet, I will for sure use this tip!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Same old same old for my day.

No Hot-Dogs and No Sugar-Free Gum, however I did have one more Diet Soda than I would have liked, but I feel when I am meat and egging that I need my diet soda to get through the day. Also drank lots of water! So I better see a loss tommorow

I am peeing like crazy too, so hopefully that means I am back in ketosis, I haven't checked my ketostix but I suspect ketosis should be here soon (as it is much needed after the fourth of July).

Tommorow I think I am going to stop after work and see the BF, so I will have to make sure I have food that I can eat after work that is legal for my meat & egging. I could always stop at a grocery store on the way home and just pick up some tuna or hard-boiled egg or even chicken salad, because ordering plain hamburgers and peeling off the buns just seems like a waste of money IMO.

Also, very much looking forward to having Friday off, even if I dont have amazing plans.

Heres my food for the day:

Lunch (11:30am)
-2 Scrambled Eggs W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-2 Slices Turkey Bacon
-3 Turkey Sausages
-1 Tbsp. SF Syrup
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-20 Oz. Water W-Lemon
Snack (2:00pm)
-1 Deviled Egg
-20 Oz. Water W-Lemon
Snack (6:00pm)
-2 Slices Turkey
-1 Hard-Boiled Egg
-16 Oz. Diet Coke
Dinner (8:30pm)
-2 Chicken Breasts W-Pork Rinds & Parmesan
-1 Tbsp. LC Ketchup
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-30 Oz. Water W-Lemon

Totals= 1123kcal, 126g (45%) protein, 64.5g (52%) fat, 9g (3%) carbs, 0g Fiber, 9g (3%) net carbs, 3025mg sodium

Not so bad for the day, I am wondering if the SF Syrup is slowing my losses..I'd hate to give it up though, and I am counting the carbs even if its sweetned with sorbitol. Next week I think I will transition back into normal induction if my losses are worth-while this week. So lets hope they are worth while
Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mariah, you might consider dropping the SF syrup for a week, just to see what happens. I find that any AF sweeteners are problematic for me. It's worth a shot, just to see.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:12 AM   #194

Yep, worth a shot. I too am considering giving up some of these.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mariah, you might consider dropping the SF syrup for a week, just to see what happens. I find that any AF sweeteners are problematic for me. It's worth a shot, just to see.
Quote:
Yep, worth a shot. I too am considering giving up some of these.
I will have to experiment with this for sure, I hate giving up stuff
Old 07-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Down -1.2/lb today!

Still hovering a pound above my ticker but maybe tommorow I will be able to finally change it. I would love to see 145 one of these days as I am late on getting to my mini-goal. I know if I keep sticking to my plan and being patient that it will come eventually, I just hate having to wait for it!

Work again tonight then BF's afterwards. I think I am going to just bring food over to his place so I can stay on track for meat and egging. Plus, I dont get home until around 8pm and thats too late for me to want to go somewhere to sit and eat (which is easiest for meat & egging).

Food is going to be quick and easy today (as always ), Eggs & Bacon for lunch, possibly Turkey Slice for snack, and Tuna W-Mayo and 1 Hard-Boiled Egg for dinner. Going to try and go without my SF syrup (or at least very little), and limit my diet sodas to 2 today, AND of course drink lots and lots of water.

I have to make the rest of the days of the week really count since I have had so many slip-ups last week. Getting back on track is such a pain in the ass!

Hopefully it will be worth it on the scale though.

Toodles....
Old 07-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

So Tired!

I am so exhausted tonight, and I'm not sure why. I was dragging at work tonight and felt really weak. I think its the whole getting back into VLC which was making me feel a little off tonight. Also, having more spotting from my BC (irritating) so who knows why I am exhausted.

Also battling a migraine tonight even after 4 excedrin. I used to have lots of debilitating migraines, but I have noticed recently while I am on LC that my migraines are much less severe and much less frequent. I am sure the excess amounts of sugar and junk was pretty detrimental to my migraines, and who knows maybe I am a little sensitive to gluten. I just find it strange when I have a migraine now, that I can't get rid of it with few excedrin....

Really looking forward to sleep tonight and my day off tommorow. Then back to the grind of working for the weekend

Food was pretty boring today, hoping for a loss tommorow. Not sure what I am going to do for my lunch tommorow, we are out of eggs and bacon So maybe I will cook up a chicken thigh/breast or chicken burger....

-2 Scrambled Eggs W-1/2 Oz. Cheese & 1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon
-1 Tbsp. SF Syrup (Didn't give this up yet...)
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-20 Oz. Water W-Lemon
Snack (6:00pm)
-6 Oz. Turkey Meat
-20 Oz. Water W-Lemon
Dinner (8:00pm)
-10 Oz. Tuna W-Mayo & Mustard
-1 Hard-Boiled Egg
-16 Oz. Diet Coke
-40 Oz. Water W-Lemon

Totals = 1129kcal, 124g (44%) protein, 61g (49%) fat, 6.3g (2%) carbs, 0g fiber, 6.3g (2%) net carbs, 3948mg sodium.

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-07-2011 at 08:56 PM..
Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope your migraine is better today! I've heard from lots of people that dropping sugar seems to help the severity of migraines; the gluten thing is something to explore as well.

I had a day or so of exhaustion this week as well. I think it was due to my own round of VLC eating. I felt better after I ate a big dinner of protein and vegetables. Maybe in our quest to stay low we get a little too low. I wasn't sure if it was due to dropping below my calorie threshold or my carb threshold. Either way, I felt terrible, even after taking a 2-hour nap!

Hope you have a great day off!

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 07-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #199

Yep, LC helped my migraine issues. Mine weren't so severe that I needed presc. meds, but I needed to take the Excedrine Migraine stuff right away to curtail it. Funny thing. a top neurologist with a major teaching hosp. diagnosed me with them. My eye doc. says I don't have migraines.... Just headaches...perhaps sinus! I get that too, know the difference! All bc I don't get the flashes before.... I think I will believe the first doc.! LOL
Old 07-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hope your migraine is better today! I've heard from lots of people that dropping sugar seems to help the severity of migraines; the gluten thing is something to explore as well.

I had a day or so of exhaustion this week as well. I think it was due to my own round of VLC eating. I felt better after I ate a big dinner of protein and vegetables. Maybe in our quest to stay low we get a little too low. I wasn't sure if it was due to dropping below my calorie threshold or my carb threshold. Either way, I felt terrible, even after taking a 2-hour nap!

Hope you have a great day off!
My migraine is gone today, I slept horibbly though, not sure why. A lot of little things seem to be on my mind lately and can't seem to shake it. I think not having sugar in my diet is really helping my migraines. Funny to think that I just thought there used to be something inherently wrong with me, and now I realize it was just poor diet. Hope I have some more energy today for running around

Quote:
Yep, LC helped my migraine issues. Mine weren't so severe that I needed presc. meds, but I needed to take the Excedrine Migraine stuff right away to curtail it. Funny thing. a top neurologist with a major teaching hosp. diagnosed me with them. My eye doc. says I don't have migraines.... Just headaches...perhaps sinus! I get that too, know the difference! All bc I don't get the flashes before.... I think I will believe the first doc.! LOL
I would go with the first doctor's opinion as well

Don't migraines just suck! Total day ruiner...
Old 07-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

146.2!

Had a little whoosh last night of -1.2/lb!

Gotta get over my 3 day hump of meat & egging and hopefully tommorow I will be seeing 145 something on my scale! Going to see the BF tonight, so eating may be tricky, if worse comes to worse though I will suggest eating out at a sit down place where I can get steak or chicken wings.

Didn't sleep very well at all last night and was tossing and turning mostly all night--even after 4 unisoms. I need to work on clearing my mind before bed-time otherwise I am just a wreck....

Also I have a small stomach ache this morning and the only thing I am craving right now is a cup of coffee. We are also out of Eggs/Bacon/Sausage so I am not sure what I am going to eat for my lunch.

Probably will scrounge through the fridge this morning and decided if theres anything worth eating before I go get my oil-changed and take a trip to Costco.

Not much else going on, have a great day everyone!

~M&E~

Day 1 = +.8/lb
Day 2 = -1.2/lb
Day 3 = -1.2/b
Total = -1.6/lb
Old 07-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Long day today, went in to get my oil-changed in my car at 12:30 (as it was almost 7,000 miles overdue) and was promised it would be a quick 20-30 minute change. My mother was then coming in to get her car checked out at 1:00, where, then my car would be done, so we could just drop hers off and then go to Costco and possibly lunch (since mine was supposed to be done).

Well, long story short they were super busy, and didn't get my car in until 1:00 (despite my appointment at 12:30), even though I had waited for 1/2 an hour already. My mom showed up, and we were still waiting on my car (For a regular oil change..). Which took until after 2:30! I was so irritated that it took so long (my excuse for never bringing it in). But finally we were able to leave, however they weren't able to even start looking at my moms car until after two. Which put a cramp in my day for hanging out with my BF after he got off work.

It was so hot today, and in my rush to leave this morning I Just threw on jeans and a t-shirt, and had really wished that I had grabbed shorts and a tank. Costco was crazy and I wanted to look at everything since I hadn't been there before. We got lots of LC goodies including my beloved eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese (goat cheese & cheddar), shrimp, chicken breasts, lunch meat, and blackberries *yum*

I have a recipe for goat cheese & proscuttio stuffed peppers that I made for a catering class I took during college and since we had peppers at home, I decided to pick up goat cheese and some proscuttio, thinking I will make these later in the week.

As for eating today, it wasn't a strict meat and egg day at all. The day started alright, but I felt rocky since my main lunch staple was out and I had to substitute my lunch for something different. Then after waiting so long at the carplace I got irritated and hungry and picked up some beef jerky at a gas station. After Costco, we were still waiting for my moms car so we went to Chipotle where I got a Salad W/Chicken (Sans rice & Beans). Then we stopped at Target where my mom had to pick up some smaller items, we bought some SF candy and even though I was full after lunch, I couldn't resist the sugar free red vines and a few pieces of SF Dove. NOTE TO SELF: Do not buy Sugar Free Red Vines again as they are so yummy and addictive.

However I paid dearly for my SF Candy eating as I was having major stomach rumbles the rest of the night....not good. Finally, my moms car was ready so I dropped her off and went over to the BF's. I am going to make him dinner tommorow night so we went to the grocery store and then stopped at McDees on the way home. I got chicken nuggets :blush:

So my day really wasn't that great, and not hoping for a good result on the scale tommorow but thats life. Two steps forward One step back. Going to try and restrict really well tommorow, not so much M&E as I am making the BF Chinese, but M&E will be for sure on the menu come Sunday and Monday. Weekends are just hard to stick to M&E....

Sorry for my long rant...but it was an odd day off.

Don't have the calories for my food today either but I will post it anyways.

Breakfast (10:30am)

-10 Oz. Coffee W-2 Tbsp. SF Torani & 1/2 Cup SF Almond Breeze
-2 Bratwursts
-2 Tbsp. LC Ketchup & Mustard
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Snack (2:00pm)
-4 Oz. Beef Jerky
-1 Mell-O Yellow Zero
Lunch (3:45pm)
-1 Chipotle Salad W-Chicken, Lettuce, Salsa, Sour Cream, Cheese & Guac.
-2 Diet Cokes
-SF Red Vines
Snack (4:30pm)
-SF Red Vines
-Dove SF Chocolates
Dinner (8:30pm)
-6 Chicken McNuggets W-BBQ
-2 Pieces Dark Chocolate
-3 Wheat Thins :blush:
-1 Diet Dr. Pepper
-16 Oz. Water

So a pretty bad day as far as calories, carbs, and water consumption. New day tommorow though....
Old 07-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #203

Wow on the waiting time! Reminds me, mine probably should be changed soon. DH does that now usually. Waiting time is longer! LOL

Don't feel too bad about waiting to get it done. They are now saying cars don't need it changed as often as they recommend...a ploy to sell more oil, etc. They can run longer without...unless you put a lot of stress on it. Can't remember the new change rec.s. Will have to look that up.

Could have been worse than nuggets, so don't sweat it too much! You'll be right back on track I'm sure! You are doing so well at this!!!

Have a great weekend hun!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow on the waiting time! Reminds me, mine probably should be changed soon. DH does that now usually. Waiting time is longer! LOL

Don't feel too bad about waiting to get it done. They are now saying cars don't need it changed as often as they recommend...a ploy to sell more oil, etc. They can run longer without...unless you put a lot of stress on it. Can't remember the new change rec.s. Will have to look that up.

Could have been worse than nuggets, so don't sweat it too much! You'll be right back on track I'm sure! You are doing so well at this!!!

Have a great weekend hun!
My dad used to change my oil all the time, and I was really hoping if I waited long enough he would just take the initiative and just do it, but, I guess he didn't want to

I am also going to be back on track today, have my LC goodies so no reason not to. Plus, I am still hurting from my SF Candie excursion yesterday

Hope you have a great weekend as well Kitty!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Drum roll please......

Today marks the day that I saw 145.0 on the scale, which also marks a 30lb loss since the beginning of my LC Journey

Don't know if I'll stick since yesterday was a pretty filled with "cheats" but right now, I am fine with owning my 30lbs gone!

Work tonight, then the BF is coming over for dinner. I am making him my famous egg rolls, and sesame chicken. I will stick to some marinated chicken thighs and some of the filling to the egg rolls. Should be a pretty decent night.

Not much else going on, excited to go take an updated progress picture
Old 07-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #206

WooHoo On the 30!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats on your 30!!! Great news!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Congrats on your 30!!! Great news!
Quote:
WooHoo On the 30!!!
Thank you ladies! I am quite happy with it
Old 07-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Up a tad in weight today, not a big deal as I had a drumstick (ice cream) and half an egg roll with the BF last night. He brought over the drumsticks as he got them for free at work, and thought he'd share

I did stick to my chicken and cabbage slaw for dinner as well. Said goodbye to the SF candies as I will not be having those for a while either. Too many tummy issues as I cant stick to portion control.

Going back to meat and egging for today and tommorow, hoping for another pound before my weekly weigh-in. Then I may transition into induction depending on my weight. I would like to see around 138 before I transition into it, but that would still be another 1-2 weeks on M&E and I am starting to miss my "regular" food, and restricting so much makes me want to binge unfortunately.

BF informed me a couple days ago that he did not get the job at the company he had 3 interviews for, so that was disappointing, although I felt like I was more upset for him then he was. The position was between him and another guy, and the other guy just had a bit more experience than my BF so that was the reason to why they hired the other guy. He'll pick himself up and dust himself off, and start applying elsewhere so no big deal as of right now.

Don't have the calories on my food for yesterday either, I am starting to get lazy figuring out the cal counts, but I know I was over my carbs with that drumstick. But here it is in all its glory:

Yesterdays food:

-2 Eggs W-1 Tbsp. Cheddar & 1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-2 Slices Bacon
-3 Turkey Sausages
-1 Tbsp. SF Syrup
-2 Fiber Gummies
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Snack (2:30pm)
-SF Dove Chocolates
-20 Oz. Water
Dinner (9:00pm)
-2 Marinated Chicken Thighs
-1/2 Cup Cabbage & Pork Egg Roll filling
-1/2 Egg Roll
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-2 Glasses Crystal Light
Snack (10:00pm)
-1 Drumstick

Off to work today, hope everyone has a nice Sunday

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-10-2011 at 10:02 AM..
Old 07-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw! Sorry to hear about the job! Another opportunity is out there, though!! I'm sure he'll find it soon. Also, I had to give up the SF candy for the same reason.