LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Birthday Celebration

So today was a pretty decent Birthday Celebration, had a slight argument with the BF this morning (but thats expected when you've been together for 8+ years) before we got breakfast, but it was all forgotten once we got to the golf course.

Played my first 18 holes of golf (usually I only play 9) and while I didn't do that great, it was still a beautiful day and it was nice partaking in an activity that both the BF and I enjoy. Afterwards, we went to a late lunch and got my favorite favorite burger (The Juicy Lucy from the 5-8 Club). I was planning a cheat day today so I have no regrets about eating (although my stomach is quite rumbly). I got a juicy lucy (1/4 Pound Burger Stuffed W/Cheddar Cheese & Bacon), ate the bun, only had a few fries from the BF (usually I get my own order) and ate his coleslaw with a Diet Coke. Afterwards, we went to Coldstone where I got the Splenda/Fat Free Ice Cream W/Peanut Butter & Chocolate Shavings . Then we went and vegged out at his house and watched a movie and took a nap on the couch before we got a late, late dinner.

It was a nice quiet birthday, which I enjoyed and now I'm exhausted after a long long day. I have to work tommorow night, so sleeping in tommorow will be in order, as well as back to eating on plan. Still shooting for my goal of 145lbs by the fourth of July, and while I'm sure my eating extravangaza set me back a pound or two. I still think that 145 is do-able by that date.

Hope everyone else had a beautiful day and night. I will not be posting my food tonight, as it is pretty off plan, and I am too tired to calculate all my calories and totals. But, maybe tommorow.

Goodnight
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2011, 03:55 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Hey, not bad for being off plan! You could have done a lot worse (and let's face it: I WOULD HAVE done a lot worse!!! )

I think I saw the Juicy Lucy on Man Vs. Food (a show DH and DS just love).
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Christine, although my resolve weakened when we got dinner! We went to Culvers (because I had free birthday coupons), and I got Chicken Tenders W/Fries and a free Sundae (which I shared with the BF) but man oh man did I feel bloated by the end of the night! Learned my lesson though, and although it tasted good, the feeling I got after eating it just didn't sit well with me. LCing makes me feel better, and a carb binge makes me feel yucky. Gotta keep it all in moderation next time.

This morning, after a little help with some Magnesium Citrate before bed I weighed in at the same that I did yesterday. I must have weighed less than what the scale said yesterday (I weighed so early it was probably inaccurate) because I know I must be retaining something from all those carby wonderfuls. But either way, even if I didn't gain anything it is back to LCing for me today, and then back to meat & egging on Sunday or Monday.

I am going out to Ruby Tuesdays after work with my family for my Birthday since I have a free burger coupon, and plan to eat on plan. Plus, I hear they have mashed cauliflower and they have a wonderful salad bar--so that is heaven! Looking forward to it.

Work tonight, and since I am feeling hung-over from all my carbs. I will probably make my simple go to lunch of Turkey Bacon & Eggs. I might experiment with the Protein Powder Pancake just for kicks...then a string cheese for a snack, and Ruby Tuesdays for Dinner. Gotta remember to drink a lot of water to help flush the carbs back out of my system (if they're still lingering).

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

and again thanks for all the Happy Birthdays, I love you guys and this LC Forum (Life-Saver)
Old 06-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner tonight with the family was good, I took a little bit of a day off from my strict induction/meat & egging today and while I still stayed LC I did go over my normal 20-25g net carbs.

I bet my weight will be up a tad tommorow, but thats alright because its back to meat & egging for this girl at least until Tuesday (if theres no loss tommorow ). I didn't drink as much water as I would have liked today either so thats another goal that I need to make sure I meet for the next few days.

Working again tommorow, which is good cuz I need the money but I think Im going to try and keep my meals simple as thats what works best for me. Maybe some Eggs and Turkey Bacon/Sausage for Lunch, Turkey Slices or Hard-Boiled Eggs for Snack, and Tuna W/Mayo for dinner. Drink my water, and limit my diet soda intake.

Not much else going on tonight, might clean up my bedroom a little before I go to bed, but right now I'm taking it easy after work.

Also, very excited for tommorow as it is the True Blood Season 4 Premiere! Can't Wait!

Lunch (12:00pm)

-2 Eggs W-1/2 Tbsp. HWC & 1/2 Oz. Cheddar
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-1 PP Powder Pancake W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter & SF Syrup (Not that great...)
Snack (1:30pm)
-2 Squares 83% Dark Chocolate
-1 Oz. Macadamia Nuts
-32 Oz. Crystal Light Sunrise & Diet Sierra Mist
Dinner (8:00pm)
-3/4 Turkey Avocado Burger (Sans Bun)
-2 Cups Salad W/Cheese, Bacon, Egg, Tomato, Cucumber & Onion
-2 Tbsp. Ranch & Blue Cheese Dressing
-1/2 Serving Cauliflower Mash
-1/2 Serving Grilled Green Beans
-2 Diet Cokes
Snack (9:30pm)
-1 SF Fudgsicle
-40 Oz. Water

Totals= 1910kcal, 96.3g (19%) protein, 160.5g (72%) fat, 46.9g (9%) carbs, 14.7g fiber, 32.2g (7%) net carbs, 4004mg sodium.

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 06-25-2011 at 08:21 PM..
Old 06-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

So I am up a little in weight today, but that was to be expected after eating so late last night. I am going back to meat & egging today, hopefully until the 4th of July. I am looking for another 3-1/2 Pounds to get me to 145lbs or less.

I am struggling to figure out when I am going to start moving up the carb ladder in the correct manner. I would like to be in the realm of the 130's before I start transitioning (since weight loss slows so much), but I think I need to do the 2 weeks of induction once again and then move up.

I am thinking possibly do 2 weeks of meat & egging, which will bring me into the 130's (Hopefully). Then transition into 1-2 weeks of induction, and then do OWL. So I guess my breakdown would look like this:

June 26th-July 10th: Meat & Egging
July 11th-July 25th: Induction
July 26th: OWL

This will only work I think if I can keep up meat & egging for so long. If my weight drops a ton from meat & egging I can cut the fast short. Plus, being on it for too long makes me really bored.

I've also been toying with the idea of meat & egging during the week, and then induction level carb intake during the weekend. I miss my veggies and dairy quite a bit...after the 4th, I think I will make a decision, but its a little too early to tell right now I think.

Unrelated to weight loss, I am in desperate need of money and am contemplating picking up extra shifts at work. I had a goal of paying off at least 1 of my credit cards this summer and I am only about $300 away from doing so, however, I also am moving into an apartment come September and I want to buy some new furniture and knick knacks for it, which means extra cash. Put those 2 needs/wants on top of being a bridesmaid in 2 weddings next year (which means engagment parties, gifts, dresses, bachelorettes etc...), and also going on a road-trip in the beginning of October means I am struggling in the world of money right now. I might pick up 2 shifts on my weekend off, I just have to decide whether or not I am going to do it by tonight--and whether I want a morning or a night shift (those morning shifts kill me). I shall figure it out tonight...

AND.....
TRUE BLOOD SEASON 4 PREMIERES TONIGHT!

Super excited to come home and watch that....

That is all until later. Thanks for reading
Old 06-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Good night!

Had a pretty good night tonight at work, and True Blood season Premiere was awesome, I can't wait for the next episode.

I ended up picking up one night shift on my weekend off, next week at work, and then picked up a double on my weekend. I was going to pick up 2 doubles, but the one spot was filled so I could only sign up for one. There will always be a next time though. It might be a rough 12 hours, so who knows maybe I will never want to do it again. But I know my check will thank me for it.

Tonight, I left some beef stew meat in the crock pot before I went to work with some Olive Oil, Vinegar, and Seasonings and it turned out really good. I almost ate the whole pound with a little bit of LC ketchup. But I saved some so I can eat some for lunch tommorow.

I also had a major breakthrough at work tonight, there was an extra piece cake on one of the dining trays along with one of these heavenly oatmeal raisin cookies, and I seriously tried to contemplate a reason to why I should eat them. I had to take a step away for a moment, and then ask myself if I'd rather be skinny or eat the cake and the cookie. I then took a teeny nibble of the cookie and then threw the cookie away and brought the cake back to the kitchen where it belongs. Gratifying moment.

Hopefully in a day or two, the meat and egging will knock out my sweet cravings. I know I am out of ketosis from my birthday and yesterdays dinner because I am having killer cravings for all foods not LC. Ketosis can't come soon enough

Food was pretty good tonight (despite the cookie incident), the only thing was that I had three diet sodas throughout the day instead of two. Minor set-back but I'm still hoping for a tiny loss on the scale tommorow.

Also wish my spotting from my BC would stop

Lunch (11:45am)
-2 Slices Turkey Bacon
-3 Turkey Sausage Links
-2 Scrambled Eggs W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-1 Tbsp. SF Syrup
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Snack (1:30pm)
-1 Turkey Slice (1 slice has 3g carbs, will not be eating this much...)
-1 Hard-Boiled Egg
-40 Oz. Water
Snack (6:00pm)
-6 Oz. Coffee W-1/2 Coffeemate & 1/2 Splenda Packet
-12 Oz. Diet Coke
-8 Oz. Beef Stew Meat
-2 Tbsp. LC Ketchup
-1 Deviled Egg
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-40 Oz. Water

Totals = 1325kcal, 113.2g (34%) protein, 89g (61%) fat, 15.5g (5%) carbs, 1.2g fiber, 14.3g (4%) net carbs, 2991mg sodium.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you!! That is great progress. Isn't it wonderful to have such control??

Honestly, though I love looking and feeling great, I am REALLY loving the feeling of control this WOE gives me!!

Keep it up, my friend! You are doing a stellar job.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Lost a little bit this morning, I notice on the M&E fast that my weight only dips a little bit after the first day, then I get a bigger loss on the 2nd and 3rd. I think its probably because I kick myself back into ketosis. I haven't checked whether or not I am back in it yet, because it takes about 1 day for me to get back in, so hopefully after today I am back on the ketosis bus.

Day 1: -.4/lb (149.8lbs)

Off of work today, which means I will be at home for most of the day, going to keep my meals pretty simple I think. Lunch will be Turkey Bacon & Sausage, & 2 Scrambled Eggs, Snack will be 1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and Dinner will be left over Beef Stew pieces and possibly a grilled Chicken Breast.

Happy Monday
Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Good for you!! That is great progress. Isn't it wonderful to have such control??

Honestly, though I love looking and feeling great, I am REALLY loving the feeling of control this WOE gives me!!

Keep it up, my friend! You are doing a stellar job.
I completely agree! Back in the day, I would have eat 2 cookies and scarfed the cake, this time I was able to part with it and not feel bad at all...awesome
Old 06-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KyliesMom
Stats: 180/185/135
WOE: Atkins with eventual trans to Paleo
Start Date: 7/23/14
[QUOTE=Mad4Chillas;14569183]So this is my second time doing my little modified Atkins/South Beach change, and I always preferred South Beach diet over Atkins, but after seeing a recent success from one of my best friends (she lost around 40lbs) and she looks amazing I was inspired. She had told me she lost about 13lbs in the first week and then continued to lose afterwards, so I figured what the hell, Id try it.

My predicament is as follows, I estimated my high weight when I started (April 5th) which I assume was pretty accurate around 175lbs (I am 5'7) so about 15lbs overweight...in the first week I lost around 7 pounds and now in the second week I stayed the same for a few days (I was having spotting from my birthcontrol) and attributed my slight plateau as the reason for not losing. Well yesterday I weighed in 2lbs less finally, but today I am up 1.5lbs. I am so irritated because normally when I follow this diet I see the results much quicker. I know I need to stick with it, but it's really starting to get to me. I've decided to not weigh myself until Tuesday (which is offically 2 weeks) in order to stay off the scale everyday, in hopes that there will be some miracle that will get me to 165 by Tuesday (Currently, 167ish).

[QUOTE]

Maraih - you started exactly where I am now! Im 173.5 at 5 7 1/2... I'm not much for Atkins....... more South Beach but it doesn't work for me. I hope you don't mind if I steal some of your blog posts and apply towards me... Like Menu's etc..... you will be my roll model...... Only one Difference - I have Hashi's
Old 06-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyliesMom View Post
Mariah - you started exactly where I am now! Im 173.5 at 5 7 1/2... I'm not much for Atkins....... more South Beach but it doesn't work for me. I hope you don't mind if I steal some of your blog posts and apply towards me... Like Menu's etc..... you will be my roll model...... Only one Difference - I have Hashi's
Welcome to my Journal, my sister has Hashimotos and she just recently started South Beaching and shes lost 7lbs. Good luck to you!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Today was a pretty chill day, vegged out at home and starting watching a new show series called Game of Thrones. Its slightly confusing at first (because I have not read the book series), but now that I am past episode 5, I understand it and actually enjoy it very much.

I love shows like Dexter, Spartacus, & True Blood so this seems like another show I could add into my repetoir. During the school year I dont watch much TV, but I do have a love affair with my DVR. I only follow a few shows and allowing me to record them and watch them at strange hours in the day/night is a life saver!

Kept my food pretty clean today as well, although, I did have 1 Tbsp. of parmesan cheese with my dinner tonight so I hope it doesnt mess up my M&E fasting. It didn't add any carbs, so apart from inflammation I doubt it would do much damage.....

Tommorow will be the end of 12 weeks on LC, which seems crazy! But, its been fairly easy so I can't complain much. I'm starting to wonder if I can make my goal before the end of the summer. I originally had thought that I would be at goal already, but obviously losing 45lbs in 2 months isn't that do-able. As long as I keep sticking to it, hopefully my body will kick in and the weight will continue to drop. I just have to be patient and diligent--both qualities that are hard to find sometimes...

Hope I go out of my 12 weeks with a bang, looking for a good weigh-in tommorow.

Food:

Lunch (12:30pm)

-3 Turkey Sausages
-2 Slices Turkey Bacon W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-2 Scrambled Eggs
-1 Deviled Egg Half
-1/4 Turkey Burger (leftover)
-2 Tsp. SF Syrup
-2 Tsp. LC Ketchup
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Snack (4:45pm)
-1 Hard-Boiled Egg
-1 Turkey Slice
-1 Diet Pepsi
Dinner (6:30pm)
-2 Chicken Breasts W-Italian Seasonings & Olive Oil & Butter
-1 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese & 1 Tbsp. LC Ketchup
-1 Diet Rite
-40 Oz. Water
Snack (10:30pm)
-2 Mugs Sweet & Spicy Tea
-20 Oz. Water

Totals = 1169kcal, 123.2g (42%) protein, 71.2g (54%) fat, 11.8g (4%) carbs, 1g Fiber, 10.8g (4%) net carbs, 3012mg sodium.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Back down to the weight at which my ticker is at, and also changed my stats today. Since last Tuesday, I am down -2.2lbs which is pretty good! My body really must like hovering around 148.8lbs because that is what it has been doing for a few days now. Hoping with some more meat and egg fasting I can change my stats to 145lbs next Tuesday

Almost 4lbs seems like a lot to ask for in a week, but if I am dilligent, hopefully I can get there (or as close as possible). I also think the spotting I am having from my BC is still causing some water retention on my body so it better stop soon!

Can't wait to hit the 30lb mark (secretly I can hardly wait to hit the 130's again, as that number has seemed so unattainable for many years) but for right now being 145lbs would be nice

I think at the end of summer, I am going to take $200-$300 and spend it on some nice new clothes for school, and to celebrate my end of the summer weight-loss. I will leave my fat clothes at home, and only bring the ones that make me look good and feel good. Plus, if I have no fat clothes at my apartment that is motivation enough to never out grow my clothes.

Day 1: -.4/lb
Day 2: -1/lb
Total = -1.4/lb

I think for lunch today it will be the standard bacon and eggs (possibly an omlette) snack will be deviled or hard-boiled eggs, and dinner is leftover beef stew pieces with chicken and pork rinds or egg salad (depending on how adventurous I feel).

Hoping tommorow I can break through 148

Also, one day I will post my progress pics, I just feel that the ones I am currently taking show a lot of skin (as I am in my bra and undies) and don't know if thats considered appropriate for the forum or not

Have a nice day!

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 06-28-2011 at 09:17 AM..
Old 06-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ElizabethLC
Stats: 218.5/147/150s
Start Date: July 2008
I love True Blood too but haven't watched the season 4 premiere yet! I'm really excited for it
ElizabethLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethLC View Post
I love True Blood too but haven't watched the season 4 premiere yet! I'm really excited for it
I thought the premiere was good!

I haven't read the books though, and I've heard if you have read the books that it doesn't live up to expectations, but I liked it
Old 06-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

At the same weight today, which is interesting as I cheated yesterday :blush:

Not proud of it, but I was having a rough day yesterday and had a "who gives a f*** attitude", but I am back on the LC boat today because I still want to try and get as close to my 145lb mini goal as possible. I dont know the calories counts to my food yesterday, as I am too lazy to figure it out right now, but maybe tonight.

Today I am back to meat & egging (with a small amount of cheese). If I drop below 148 within the next two days, I'd be happy. My body seems to like this weight and doesn't really want to let go anymore.

I work tonight, so my food will be pretty simple once again. Had my lunch of bacon/sausage/eggs this morning and then if needed will have a hard-boiled egg for snack and then some beef pieces and deviled eggs for dinner if I am hungry.

I am out of Tuna and should really go pick some up, as that is my go to meal and I am missing it...

I am going to really try and listen to my body and see when it's hungry in order to determine when I need to eat. When I lost my cravings, I was eating just to get nutrition in, and now that I have cravings I am wondering if I am over eating or eating out of habit.

New goal, listen to my body more!

On a side note, my jeans that I have been wearing are sliding off my behind when I walk lol. I am swimming in most of my clothes and once again need to go through and figure out what fits and what doesn't. I think once I get to 145lbs I will do that once again. I should just pick up some cheap summer dresses because then maybe it will be harder to outgrow them

Good thing I have held on to some of my skinny clothes from highschool otherwise I'd have no clothes to be transitioning in to...

Happy Hump Day Everyone
Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a great feeling to fit into your "skinny" clothes! I highly suggest hitting up a thrift store or two! You can find some really great deals. Case in point: The Ralph Lauren pants I'm wearing right now (Baltimore Boyfriend Chino, retail $70). Five bucks, perfect condition, and will be outgrown by the end of the summer, at which point I will donate them without a lick of guilt.

And dresses! Yes! Lots of summer dresses! They're very forgiving; I have dresses that I've worn through 3 different sizes!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
What a great feeling to fit into your "skinny" clothes! I highly suggest hitting up a thrift store or two! You can find some really great deals. Case in point: The Ralph Lauren pants I'm wearing right now (Baltimore Boyfriend Chino, retail $70). Five bucks, perfect condition, and will be outgrown by the end of the summer, at which point I will donate them without a lick of guilt.

And dresses! Yes! Lots of summer dresses! They're very forgiving; I have dresses that I've worn through 3 different sizes!
I will for sure have to hit up some discount stores. I think I am going to try and wait it out a few more pounds though. It gives me something to look forward too! Although some how I feel like those fluorescent lights aren't flattering for anyone, no matter how much you weigh!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Didn't eat much tonight, was having an off kind of night. Tommorow will be better. My jaw really hurts too so thats not very motivating when trying to eat. I have TMJ, and sometimes it acts up more than normal, and I guess tonight was one of those nights.

I am very much looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight.

I may try an egg day sometime in the near future, not sure when but I'm keeping it in my thoughts. 145lbs seems so close yet so far away

Food:

-2 Eggs W-1/2 Oz. Cheese & 1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-2 Slices Turkey Bacon
-3 Turkey Sausage Links
-1 Tbsp. SF Syrup
-1 Diet Pepsi
Snack (7:00pm?)
-20 Oz. Water W-Lemon
-1 Diet Pepsi/1 Diet Mountain Dew
-20 Oz. Water

Totals = 445kcal, 32.7g (30%) protein, 32g (65%) fat, 5.5g (5%) carbs, 0g Fiber, 1163mg sodium

*Told ya I didn't eat much. Tommorow I will eat more :blush:
Old 06-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Down -1lb today. May be a fluke though, we'll see how my weight stabilizes out tommorow.

Day 1: -.4/lb
Day 2: -1/lb
Day 3: -0/lb
Day 4: -1/lb

Total = -2.4/lb

Gunna try and keep on plan today, my willpower is getting less and less, but I need to stick to something. I only have about 2.8lbs to go until my 4th of July goal and if I keep on it, hopefully I can get there.

My parents are out of town, and its hard for me to not go in to binge mode when they are gone as that was my habit from many years ago. To have the house by myself and to let myself go crazy...

I have to keep my health and goals in perspective to keep myself sane.

I Can Do This, I Can Do This, I Can Do This. I. Can. Do. This.

Going to eat my typical lunch today and then see where the day takes me.

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 06-30-2011 at 09:58 AM..
Old 07-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Up in weight today about +.4/lb, as I have not been staying on plan....I stick to my LC Lunches but then the day gets a hold of me and I turn into binge monster at night. My parents will be home tonight so at least I know I won't binge when they come home *phew*

I don't lose when I binge like this, so I don't know why I put myself through the agony, it always sounds better to binge than it really is. Sometimes I catch myself stuffing my face and it all really doesn't taste that good! Whats up with that?! Tommorow should be a better day though.

Glad its the weekend, going to a movie tonight and the waterpark tommorow. Looking for some nice relaxing time

Food Yesterday (That was kept down):

-2 Eggs W-1/2 Oz. Cheese & 1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-2 Slices Turkey Bacon
-3 Turkey Sausages
-1 Tbsp. SF Syrup
-1 Diet Pepsi

Totals = 445kcal, 32.7g (30%) protein, 32g (65%) fat, 5.5g (5%) carbs, 0g fiber, 5.5g (5%) net carbs, 1163 mg sodium.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #172
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Just found your journal! I love reading about your progress! I will have to catch up on here!

Yep, the binge, been there, done that, agree...most times it really doesn't even taste that great! I'm often not even noticing if it tastes! I think it may be the texture/chewing thing that I crave mixed with the old carb craving problem Evenings do seem to be the worst. I do well all day too, then evenings...that's when I start craving deeply at times! Got to keep busy then I guess! Or...go to bed earlier! LOL
Old 07-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Just found your journal! I love reading about your progress! I will have to catch up on here!

Yep, the binge, been there, done that, agree...most times it really doesn't even taste that great! I'm often not even noticing if it tastes! I think it may be the texture/chewing thing that I crave mixed with the old carb craving problem Evenings do seem to be the worst. I do well all day too, then evenings...that's when I start craving deeply at times! Got to keep busy then I guess! Or...go to bed earlier! LOL
Thanks Kitty, and welcome to my journal

For me the reason why I binge is probably stress related, and I really want to just "taste" things for me, it makes me feel full and I guess makes me feel better for a second and then its just dread and disappointment. My binges are much further and far in between than in a few years ago, so its progress, but I really want to shut that part of my life away and never let it come back. Hopefully LC will allow me to do so! And yes going to Bed early is a solution I have done before
Old 07-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, where did I leave off, haven't been able to post in a little while. Parents came home yesterday so that was a relief (evil binge monster) and I said farewell to my last binge. Kept my food really simple yesterday as I had hardly an appetite.

I went to see Transformers 3 with a friend, I had pretty low hopes for the movie as I did not care for the second one, but the 3rd one was really good. I thought the Victoria Secret Model who plays the female role was twice the actor of Megan Fox and was way nicer to look at anyways. Not a huge fan of Megan Fox. Afterwards, we went to dinner where I get a 7 oz. Sirloin, Shrimp, and Steamed Broccoli it was yummy

I didn't get to sleep at all last night, and didn't get home until 8:30 this morning. I was supposed to go to the waterpark with my friends but had to pass since I was exhausted. Still going to go out with Coffee/Dinner with another friend around 6 so hopefully it will be good. I've looked at their menu and I think the safest thing is the Quiche, where I will eat around the crust or a salad and request a different dressing. Or, if I am not feeling dinner just have a Latte W-HWC.

Food Yesterday:

Lunch (3:00pm)
-2 Hard Boiled Eggs W-Salt & Pepper
-1 Diet Pepsi
Dinner (7:30pm)
-7 Oz. Sirloin
-8 Small Grilled Shrimp
-1 Side Steamed Broccoli
-2 Diet Coke

Totals = 695kcal, 66g (38%) protein , 44g (57%) fat, 8g (5%) carbs, 2g fiber, 6g (3%) net carbs, 2105 mg sodium.

Weighed in at 147lbs when I got home this morning, and after a 4 hour nap I weighed in at 146.6, I dont know if it will stick, but we'll see. Only 1.6lbs to go until the 4th!

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-02-2011 at 01:25 PM..
Old 07-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Pretty good day today, wish I could have been outside longer, but hopefully Monday will be nice. Not sure what I am doing on the fourth yet, possibly hang out with friends or family. My BF just got the opportunity to go to a U2 concert in Chicago and it looks like he is leaving on Monday, so I probably won't be seeing him on the fourth then, Its a fun opportunity so I hope he has a good time

Plans for dinner changed with my friend, so we went to Red Robin instead (she wanted to go there) which I was totally fine with because I knew I could get a bunless burger with a salad.

Afterwards we went on a walk and got to catch up with eachothers lives. It was nice to sit and talk with her for a while. I love my close girlfriends because when we get together and talk we both get to vent about our lives and its never considered a big deal. Good therapy and stress relief.

On an odd side today, I had major gastric distress after eating, and didn't think I was going to make the drive home (seriously!). This has never happened to me, and boy was it embarassing and kind of scary! I dont know what I ate that disagreed with me, as I have been avoiding sugar alcohols, but I made it just in time (believe me I was speeding on the highway). It could have been my dinner last night or my lunch but either way, it was a very unpleasant experience!

I'm not sure if my weigh in of 146.6lbs will stick, due to the fact that I had more veggies than I normally do today, but Im sure hoping it does. Only 1 more day until the 4th and my mini goal, so I have to make my day count. If my weight doesn't stick I might egg fast tommorow or just go back to meat & egging.

Also, today I went through my jean collection once more, as I am struggling to find a pair of jeans that fit (arent too saggy and arent too tight) and right now I am in Limbo of sizes. I am going to try and shrink a bunch of pair of jeans once I buy more laundry soap in hopes that it helps. But if not, I will just donate them, so no big deal. I still have a few pairs that are too small and a few that fit, but the ratio of too big to too small is becoming greater so thats awesome! Love these results

Food for the day:

Lunch (3:30pm)

-2 Scrambled Eggs W-1/2 Oz. Gouda & 1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon
-1 Turkey Sausage
-1 Tbsp. SF Syrup
-1 Diet Pepsi
Dinner (6:30pm)
-1 Lettuce Wrap Burger
-1 Side Salad W-Ranch
-1 Tbsp. Ketchup
-1 Diet Coke
-20 Oz. Water W/Lemon

Totals = 1145kcal, 68.8g (24%) protein, 83.8g (67%) fat, 24.3g (7%) carbs, 4g fiber, 20.3g (6%) net carbs, 2351mg sodium.

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-02-2011 at 10:12 PM..
Old 07-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Hiya Mariah! Sounds like you are doing so great! 146.6!!!!! That is fantastic. I just returned from a fabulous two day trip to Milan with my mum and sister as well as a week with my mum in London which meant more eating than planned. I have ballooned to 155.6 this morning after an all out eating fest for two days in Milan etc but I am not worried as I am back to strict eating and it had better just fall off me.

On the plus side I have a whole new wardrobe courtesy of my mum and it's made up of mostly size 6 and 8 (US Sizes) which is so great and hopefully in a week when I've lost this carb weight they'll look even better!!

Keep up the motivation it is so worth it. I plan on meat and mainly eggs this week and then some induction time and a ban on all artificial sweeteners until I'm back to 148 at a minimum.
BecinUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecinUK View Post
Hiya Mariah! Sounds like you are doing so great! 146.6!!!!! That is fantastic. I just returned from a fabulous two day trip to Milan with my mum and sister as well as a week with my mum in London which meant more eating than planned. I have ballooned to 155.6 this morning after an all out eating fest for two days in Milan etc but I am not worried as I am back to strict eating and it had better just fall off me.

On the plus side I have a whole new wardrobe courtesy of my mum and it's made up of mostly size 6 and 8 (US Sizes) which is so great and hopefully in a week when I've lost this carb weight they'll look even better!!

Keep up the motivation it is so worth it. I plan on meat and mainly eggs this week and then some induction time and a ban on all artificial sweeteners until I'm back to 148 at a minimum.
Thanks Becca, having new smaller sizes feels awesome doesn't it! I can't wait to go clothes shopping towards the end of summer
Old 07-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

So tonight after work, I went over to the BF's for a while. He is going to Chicago to see U2 in concert for a few days, so I won't see him until Thursday or Friday. His sweet mom made me a birthday cake and also bought me a birthday present, and because I thought it'd be rude, I ate a piece of cake out of graciousness. I know it will wreck my weigh-in tommorow, but it was worth it to me. I got close to 145 anyways and I know that I will see it in a few days on the scale so I am not bothered.

After I left the BF's I went over to my friends house and we went to Applebees and had a drink and some half price appetizers. Since, I wasn't able to go to the waterpark yesterday, my friend and I decided to go tommorow. I have no plans for the fourth so this will be a good way to spend it. After we might just do an impromptu BBQ or something similar.

Food wasn't that great, but I was eating on the run. I am expecting the worst on the scale tommorow, if its too early I may not weight, but oh well.

Back to meat and egging right after the 4th. One blip won't destroy my progress.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July.

-1 Hard-Boiled Egg
-2 Slices Turkey Bacon W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter
-3 Turkey Sausages
-1 Tbsp. SF Syrup
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Snack (6:00pm)
-16 oz. Unsweetened Iced Tea
-16 oz. Diet Coke
-KFC Double Down
-1 Side Green Beans (These were nasty, out of the can and mushy! )
-20 Oz. Diet Pepsi
Snack (8:30pm)
-1 Piece Cake W-Frosting
-1/4 Cup Ice Cream

and 20 Oz. Water W-Lemon

Totals = 1416kcal, 82.3g (24%) protein, 80.8g (52%) fat, 83.1g (24%) carbs, 4g fiber, 79.1g (22%) net carbs, 3964 mg sodium
Old 07-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Fourth of July!

So today was a little odd since I didn't really celebrate in the traditional sense of the fourth of July, but it was still nice. I went to the waterpark with one of my best girl friends with her parents and we laid in the lazy river. I got burned again, and now I really have to even out my tan lines onces my burn subsides. I look ridiculous naked (and not in the good way)!

Afterwards we had a little BBQ where I for sure cheated on my food, but I know its right back on track tommorow. I didn't make my goal, but I came close so that was worth it to me. Hoping I can hit 145lbs by the end of this week. I work a lot this week so sticking to plan should be pretty easy.

I think I might go to Costco with my mom in this morning and pick up some LC goodies, and then off to work. I am thinking my meals will be pretty much a lot of the same this week, which includes my eggs/bacon/sausage lunch, hardboiled egg for snack, and Tuna W/Mayo for Dinner. Along with my water, I have really slacked on my water so I need to make sure to hit my quota this week.

No need to post my food as it was bad, but tommorow I will be here

Also, it has been officially 90 days since my start of LCing. WOW! Awesome! Hope the next 90 will be as good as the first

Happy Fourth!!

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 07-04-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job throughout your 90 days!! You have made really great progress. Drink your water!