Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Up about 1/2 pound again today, starting to get irritated at the rollercoaster game my weight is playing. Tonight I think I am going to start a mini fast (~40 hours) and carry it into Monday, If I'm feeling adventurous.

I really really want to see 155lbs by the scale for Tuesday, and previously on my fast I was pretty successful, and didn't gain it all back, so I might just have to start incorportating IF into my regimen 1-2x/month. I think I am going to have a normal lunch and snack today and then start from there, I work tonight so it shouldn't be a problem to skip dinner. I just have to remember to drink lots and lots of water

Who thought that losing weight would be so hard
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Didn't start my fast today was too hungry

But if I don't see a lose tommorow its on like donkey kong.

Food for the day:

Lunch (11:30am)
-4 oz. Meat Loaf
-1 tbsp LC BBQ sauce
-1 Cup Cauliflower Mash
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-21 oz. Water
Dinner (8:00pm)
-2 oz. Meat Loaf
-4 Chicken Wings w/Blue Cheese
-1 SF Jell-O
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-42 oz. Water

Totals = 1,433kcal, 115g (32%) protein, 98.4g (62%) fat, 18.2g (6%) carbs, 5.1g fiber, 13.1g (4%) net carbs, 3435mg sodium.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Fast today Gone Tommorow

So I slept in later than I normally do today, but I keep having issues sleeping. I wake up at least 2-3 times during the night and just lay there, it is so frustrating. So at 6am I took a little bit of Nyquil so I could nodd back off to sleep--I mean it is my day off!

I was -1/lb from yesterdays weight which is awesome. Funny thing though, I weighed myself around 6am just for curiousity sake and it said I was at 157.8lbs then when I woke up around 11am I was down to 156.4lbs. Just goes to show you how crucial it is to weigh yourself around the same time every day!

Going to do a 1 day fast today, since I got too hungry yesterday and didn't start it. I really want to see 155 by tommorow and I think if I stick to this, I can make it happen. Plus, it was a bad idea for me to start a fast when I have to go to work (all that running around in a hospital works up an appetite)

Not much on my agenda for today, going to finish the rest of my online class, scrounge together all my textbooks to return for tommorow and then probably do some chores, and maybe go rollerblading around the lake tonight.

I am excited to hit the 155lb mark, that means I am almost half way there to my goal, and have taken off 20lbs! Woot!

I keep thinking about changing my goal weight that equates to a certain pant size. I know I won't know what that weight will be until I get a little closer, but I am thinking my ultimate goal pant would be a size 2/3. I am currently in a 10/11 right now. The smallest pant size I can remember being in is in highschool and it was a size 5 (I know juniors sizes run smaller than womens) so it was probably about a size 4 womens, and I was around 128. I am thinking if I can get down to 125 that I could probably fit into a size 2/3. However, I dont want to look like skeletor so Im just going to have to play it by ear once I get there. I would love for my thighs not to touch when I stand, but being a pear shape I dont know if I'll ever get there!

Well, I think I am finally going to go start my day
Old 05-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Hungry!

Waiting to go to bed, so I dont cheat myself out of my fast

I am way hungrier this time then the first time around doing my fast and its probably due to the fact that I didn't use V8 this time. Most of my liquids I drank today were calorie and carb. free (except for a little addtion of Truvia in my 2 cups of tea).

My fast is painful now, but I know I'll be happy tommorow when I step on the scale, hoping for the big 2-0! Also going to Trader Joes with my mom tommorow so I can pick up some goodies. I might have to transition into my OWL 20-25g net carbs/day again. I like induction but I am missing my other LC staples such as nuts, PB, and my artifical sweetener. I lose slower, but those items help me stay on track and not want to binge/cheat.

I'll decide tommorow morning if I want to stick out induction another week. Maybe its just the hunger pangs trying to seduce me back into OWL (or it might be my LC cheesecakes in the freezer....yeah its probably that... )

"Food" is pitiful today, so no need to lump it into meals...

Day:
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-2 Cups Sweet & Spicy Tea w-2 tsp. Truvia
-21+ oz. Water

Now what to do for 2 hours before bed...
Old 05-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Just subscribing! Keep up the great effort so far, you're doing really well!
BecinUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecinUK View Post
Just subscribing! Keep up the great effort so far, you're doing really well!

Thanks for stopping in!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Beautiful day but not such beautiful eating...

So I managed to hit the 155 mark this morning (although I am still 1/2 pound away from 20lbs) which is beyond irritating. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll be in the low 150's or high 140's

This week of induction went really well, I ended up losing -3.4lbs which is the most I've lost in a week since week 2. I will continue induction throughout this week as well just because I like the results! However, today was not such a great day for my inductioning or net carbs because I went over on both, but thats life. I didn't go overboard, but I definitely ate more than I probably should have. But I will continue back on the induction train today.

Went to Trader Joes with my mom and picked up some good low carb food including pomegranate seeds, frozen asparagus, gouda, heavy cream, bratwursts, macadamia nuts, cream cheese, 85% dark chocolate, and some other items I can't remember at the moment...

Spent most of the day with the BF after I went to the store, had to go up to my school and return some books, and I had planned on looking at apartments but the property managment office was closed--which was a bummer, so I'll have to make a seperate stop later in the summer. I have offically finished 1 year of graduate school and I am pretty excited (also excited for 3 months of summer )

Yesterday I was talking to my sister, who was diagnosed with Hosimotos disease about a year ago, and how I was doing Atkins diet and had lost almost 20lbs on it. She thought atkins was a little extreme, but she is going to give South Beach a whirl. She's always looking to lose a few pounds even if shes not overweight, and I think with her thryoid condition its much harder for her. So now I have a LC friend in real life to accompany my ones on the forum

Ate quite a bit today so beware....its a good thing I'm not weighing tommorow

Breakfast (10:00am)
-2 eggs w-1/2 tbsp. butter & 1/2 oz. cheese
-4 slices turkey bacon
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Snack (1:00pm)
-1 square 85% dark chocolate
-1 piece of chocolate covered popcorn :blush:
Lunch (4:00pm)
-4 Chicken Mcnuggets w-BBQ
-1 sip of BF's strawberry lemonade :blush:
-1 Diet Hansens Soda
Snack (6:00pm)
-1/2 piece dark chocolate
Dinner (7:00pm)
-4 oz. Chicken & Broccoli
-4 oz. Orange Chicken (This is my true weakness....)
-1/2 Cup Steamed Veggies
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-21 oz. Water

Total (Chinese Food Cals/Carbs estimated) = 1,354kcal, 90.2g (27%) protein, 78.7g (53%) fat, 66.4g (20%) carbs , 7.4g fiber, 59g (17%) net carbs, 2200mg sodium
Old 05-18-2011, 04:22 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Congrats on reaching 155!!! And yay for being one year down! I remember the grad school days......and I'm glad they're over! Good luck to your sister!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Congrats on reaching 155!!! And yay for being one year down! I remember the grad school days......and I'm glad they're over! Good luck to your sister!
Thanks Christine, it feels good to know I only have one more year of school--Thank God!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Below 155!

This just in, this afternoon I weighed in under 155lbs--even after my over-carbage on Tuesday. However, I knew it was going to be low today due to a teeny illness last night.

Yesterday, I went to a friends house and ended up getting sick, I stayed way later than intended because we were having such a long talk. Before going over, I only ate my lunch which was just a medium sized salad w/deli turkey, and hours later I started to feel lightheaded and ended up getting sick.

After, I forced myself to eat 1-1/2 pieces of string cheese so I could take some medicine, I didn't sleep well last night, and then didn't eat lunch today until 2pm. But when I got home, I hopped on the scale and it was hovering around 154lbs--so wohoo. I am sure that it will probably go up tommorow because I ate normally today (and I was dehydrated yesterday), but I'm still excited to be below 155lbs.

I am so tired today, and very happy to be home and sleeping in my own bed, I am sure I wll call it an early night and sleep in tommorow before I go to work. Can't wait for the weekend.

Food Yesterday:

Lunch (1:00pm)
-Arugula, Mozzarella, & Tomato Salad
-4 Slices Deli Turkey
-1 Oz. Gouda
-1 Diet Hansen's Soda
Snack (11:30pm)
-1.5 String Cheese

Total = 581kcal, 33.6g (23%) protein, 46.3g (73%) fat, 5.6g (4%) carbs, 2g fiber, 3.6g (3%) net carbs, 972mg sodium.

Food Today:

Lunch (2:00pm)
-1 Peanut Butter Protein Shake
-1 String Cheese
-1 Diet Hansen's Soda
Dinner (8:00pm)
-2 Hot Dogs w-1tbsp LC Ketchup
-6 Asparagus Spears
-1 Oz. Gouda
-21 Oz. Water

Total = 1,121kcal, 87.5g (31%) protein, 69.9g (57%) fat, 33.2g (12%) carbs, 11.3g fiber, 21.9g (8%) net carbs, 1987mg sodium

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-19-2011 at 07:25 PM..
Old 05-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

TOM

So I was Wayy up on the scale today (almost 2lbs) and I haven't seen that big of a gain since I've started this WOE, but I figured out why. Right now, I am on Seasonique and haven't had a "real" TOM since starting (even though I sometimes have breakthrough bleeding)-well today, even though I ate fine yesterday and within my carb limit, I still gained a lot, well I found out tonight TOM has come a day early so I am sure the weight gain was water retenion--because there is now way thats real weight. Apart from that, things have been pretty normal. I haven't been inductioning completely this week, but I am going to attribute it to TOM cravings, after tommorow, I will go back to regular induction.

Tommorow, I am going to a friends house for a get together which is basically centered around drinking, I am not going to be spending the night at her house, but will allow myself 2-3 drinks (Mostly Vodka and Diet Soda). I really want to see all my friends and not drinking isn't going to be such a huge option. I can handle it in moderation so I am sure I'll be fine, just have to remember to eat a few hours before I go over.

Food was pretty good today, although a little over my 20g net carbs, I craved a piece of chocolate and then found out why *TOM surprise*

Lunch (12:00pm)
-2 Eggs w/2 tsp. HWC & 1 oz. Sharp Cheddar
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon w/1/2 tbsp. Butter
-1/2 tsp. Syrup
-12 oz. Coffee w/1.5 tbsp. HWC, 1 tsp. Truvia, & 2 tsp. SF Raspberry Torani
Dinner (8:30pm)
-5 oz. Tuna w/Mayo, Mustard, Relish, S&P
-1.5 Cups Romaine w/1 small tomato & 1/2 Avocado
-2 tsp. Lemon Juice
-1 Diet Hansen's Soda
Snack (8:50pm)
-1 Square 83% Dark Chocolate

Total = 1070.4kcal, 70.8g (26%) protein, 75.7g (63%) fat, 29.2g (10%) carbs, 5.4g fiber, 23.8g (9%) net carbs, 2279mg sodium

Havent decided whether or not I should weigh during TOM, I think I will just so I can map out my trends during that time-so I know what to expect...even though Im sure the scale this week is going to be very disheartening.

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-20-2011 at 07:45 PM..
Old 05-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Rapture Day!

So the scale and I are not speaking to one another as of today. I will keep weighing myself throughout my TOM, but I am up AGAIN today. I guess if you only have your TOM once every three months it comes back with a vengence...I'm going to try and stick to LCing, not super strict on induction right now because cravings are killing me, but I'm trying to at least stay around 20g net carbs. I really want to see 149 by the end of the month which is going to be really difficult with TOM this week, as well as this coming weekend. Next Friday, my sister is flying in from out of town with her BF and a friend, then once they get in, we are heading to our cabin for a long weekend (Friday-Monday).

Sticking to LC at my cabin and resisting tempation is going to be extra hard during this time, as well as trying to weigh myself. We have no internet at our cabin so I will have to update everything via phone. I guess it will be a good test for me but in order to kick these last 5lbs into the 140's before Memorial Day is going to be very very hard. I am praying for a whoosh once my TOM is over, so the last few pounds won't seem so hard.

On a plus side, despite being bloated, I tried on a lot of my clothes last night and was able to make a pile of jeans that were too big, ones that fit (some verging on the side of slightly too small or slightly too big), and ones that I am still working on getting in to. I also unboxed some shirts I boxed up at the beginning of March that were way too small, and I actually fit into most of them without them looking terrible or too tight! So that was a super nice motivator. I can't wait to leave the 150's behind.

I have to make a doctors appointment soon for my yearly "check-up" and am hoping I can get my thyroid checked, and also get my cholesterol levels checked again. Last year my total cholesterol was starting to get high around 190 and I would love to see it go down, although I'm not sure if eating LC for 6 weeks can have such an impact on my cholesterol so soon. But its worth a shot

Not much going on today, gunna get ready to go to my friends party around 7:30pm, and probably run to Walgreens before hand to pick up some stuff. I think I am going to invest in some Magnesium & Pomegranate Leaf Extract so I can start supplementing those daily as well. Why pomegranate you ask? Well I wrote a really long research paper on PLE and was really impressed by its antioxidant qualities. Pomegranate, has shown to be a really excellent antioxidant, and in several studies has greatly reduced the risk of Breast, Prostate, & Colon Cancer as well as decrease fat tissue and reduce appetite in those with high BMI's. So, I figure all those healthy little antioxidants can't hurt, so I will see how much it is and most likely pick some up.

Off to finish starting my day
Old 05-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Long Night.

So last night was a very long night, not that it was bad, but it was just long and a little unplanned. I went over to my friends house around 8 with intentions of sticking to only 2-4 drinks. There 8 of us there, including myself (4 girls 4 guys) and there was A LOT of drinking going on. I held my own pretty well had about 2-1/2 Vodka/Diet Sprites and 3 Shots (Butterscotch Schnapps & Baileys). I didn't really want the shots, but my best friend knew I loved them and bought them to share with me, so I turned down as many as I could without being insulting.

So I had planned on stopping drinking around midnight and then sober up so I could drive home, and considering my drinks were pretty weak as well as my shots, I was sober by midnight. However, due to the boys's wanting to show us girls how 'macho' (we did not condone this) they could be, 3 of them decided to finish 1L of Rum together (as well as other stuff including wine, beer, shots, etc). Well long story short, I stayed up in the bathroom with a friend of mine while he threw up for hours....and my other friend stayed up with her BF while he was sick as well. Not really an ideal night, but I was glad that I could be there and sober enough to take care of my friend. We finally got the 2 boys to bed around 3:30 this morning and then I crashed on the couch for a few hours, and was up at 7 to make sure all were breathing lol. Needless to say, I think they all learned their lesson....and good thing the girls were responsible enough to watch their drinking in case anything happened. However apart from the being sick fiasco, it was a fun night--it just ended on a sour note.

So I am super tired today and didn't get a chance to weigh, which is probably good because I'd be retaining weight from drinking. I did also eat 2 tortilla chips last night in desperation for being hungry...but oh well. I am a little scared to get on the scale due to my TOM and the fact I haven't been very good at sticking to induction this week. It hasn't been a free for all but I have been overly liberal with my food in general. I bought V8 for tommorow just in case I have to resort to fasting to return to my normal weight.

I guess next week is a new week, I'm just starting to get the feeling I won't see the 140's by the end of May....but not everything always goes as planned so I have to learn to roll with the punches. However, I am going to work my hardest to get as close as I can....
Old 05-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Tired and probably going to head to bed early, food was over carbs. today, once again--and I am sure I will pay for it on the scale tommorow. There is a 90% chance I am doing my V8 Fast tommorow. I'm just hoping the gain I see isn't so big that I feel completely discouraged....

Food Yesterday:

Lunch (12:00pm)
-3 Turkey Meatballs W/Tomato Sauce & Mozzarella
-1 Oopsie
-1/4 Cup Chocolate Mousse
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Snack (1:45pm)
-1 Cheese Stick
-14 Pepperoni Slices
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Drinks (8:00pm-12:00am)
-2-1/2 Shots Vodka W/Diet 7UP & Crystal Light
-2.25 Oz. Baileys
-2.25 Oz. Butterscotch Schnapps
-2 Tbsp. Whip Cream
-2 Tortilla Chips W/Salsa (Moment of Weakness)

Totals = 1,430kcal, 46.9g (18%) protein, 75.9g (64%) fat, 48.8g (18%) carbs, 5.9g Fiber, 42.9g (12%) net carbs, 2209mg sodium

Food Today:

Brunch (11:30am)
-6 Chicken Nuggets W/BBQ
-1 Diet Coke
Lunch (4:00pm)
-1 Cheese Stick
-6 Turkey Slices
-14 Pepperoni Slices
-1 Diet Hansen's Soda
-21 Oz. Water
Snack (4:45pm)
-6 Oz. Diet Pepsi
Dinner (6:30pm)
-6 Oz. Chicken & Broccoli
-2 Oz. Sesame Chicken
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon W/ .5 Tbsp. Butter
-1/4 Cup Chocolate Mousse
-40+ Oz. Water

Total = 1,236kcal, 75g (24%) protein, 84g (61%) fat, 49g (16%) carbs, 3.8g Fiber, 45.2g (15%) net carbs, 4440mg sodium

Not a very good layout of food today or yesterday...

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-22-2011 at 07:57 PM..
Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Same weight as Saturday

**Warning, Long, Whiney, Post**

I am still up about 2-1/2 pounds since Thursday which is depressing. My TOM already seems to be tapering slightly, but I feel like I am still retaining water. I felt really poofy this morning when I woke up and Im starting to feel really upset at myself with my lack of weight loss this week and failure to sticking to induction (or anything close to induction this week).

I feel like my cravings come when my weight loss slows, which sucks even more. When I am losing steadily its so much easier for me to make better choices because I am seeing results, and want to continue seeing them. When I start to gain or just bounce around the same weight my patience gets tested--and I really ust want to say f*ck it, and go binge on food I know won't really make me feel good. I hate that I do this to myself. I am a self sabotager, and I know it. I am still 20-25lbs away from my goal weight and it seems so far, especially considering my weight loss has slowed. I am praying () for a whoosh once my TOM is gone, but for some reason I just don't feel like its going to happen.

I was going to do a full V8 fast today, but my binge urge was so high when I woke up this morning after I stepped on the scale that I knew I needed to eat something so I wouldn't be tempted. So I ate a small brunch and that will be my only solid food today, followed by 10 oz. of V8 veggie juice. I feel doubtful that my weight will be substantially lower tommorow, but I am hoping for at least below my weigh-in from last week. Starting to really dread Tuesday weigh-ins....

I need to just pick myself up, dust myself off, and really look at myself. I have lost 20lbs and I need to feel better about it. A lot of my friends have noticed and told me I look better, I feel better, and I need to focus on how far I've gotten, and not how far I need to go. Maybe, its just the horomones from evil TOM getting me down right now, but I really don't want to quit LCing just because of a bump in the road. I need to really buckle down and keep going if I ever want to hit my goal weight in this lifetime.

*Sigh*

Time to stop whining now, and let my body adjust to everything I am taking in.

I will be below 20g net carbs today. I will not eat anything else today except my V8. I will not have another Diet Soda. I will drink more than 64 oz. of water. I will feel good about myself and how much weight I have lost thus far. I will not whine anymore (at least today).

:blush:
Old 05-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hang in there, my friend! I think this is so important:

I need to just pick myself up, dust myself off, and really look at myself. I have lost 20lbs and I need to feel better about it

Yes! You have made great progress, and you really need to appreciate that. Not in a "let me rest on my laurels" way because that obviously won't help you meet your goals, but in a "let me love myself a little more" kind of way! You're not going to be perfect -- none of us are -- but the best you can do is stand back up. Falling down doesn't matter; getting up does.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 05-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Hang in there, my friend! I think this is so important:

I need to just pick myself up, dust myself off, and really look at myself. I have lost 20lbs and I need to feel better about it

Yes! You have made great progress, and you really need to appreciate that. Not in a "let me rest on my laurels" way because that obviously won't help you meet your goals, but in a "let me love myself a little more" kind of way! You're not going to be perfect -- none of us are -- but the best you can do is stand back up. Falling down doesn't matter; getting up does.
Thanks Christine, I needed that.

I just need to relax my attitude a little bit, and I am sure once TOM is gone, and my week starts fresh, things will fall back into place. I am just having a pity party for myself today. Just hoping things will get better :blush:
Old 05-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Followed my Rules

Night went pretty smoothly tonight, after my brief temper tantrum this morning. I got my 10 oz. of V8 in and also drank 40+ oz. of water. Hoping at least for a little loss on the scale tommorow. I know I probably won't lose this week a substantial amount (or any), but theres nothing I can do except do my best this week.

Also found out my love Nqyuil has been harboring secret carbs, so no more liquid Nyquil to sleep....they should really put a nurition label on that

Food was lame and boring:

Brunch (10:30am)
-2 Eggs W/1 Tbsp. HWC & 1 Oz. Gouda
-2 Slices Turkey Bacon W/.5 Tbsp. Butter
-.5 teaspon syrup
-1 Oopsie
-2 Pieces Sesame Chicken
-1 Diet Pepsi
-5 Oz. V8
-21 Oz. Water
-5 Oz. V8
-21 Oz. Water

Total = 597kcal, 33.2g (22%) protein, 41.7g (63%) fat, 22.2g (15%) carbs, 2.9g fiber, 19.3g (13%) net carbs, 1736 mg sodium.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

No Loss but No Gain Either

So I am at the exact same weight I was at last Tuesday which is fine. My first week without losing anything feels very strange and a little sad, but I am glad there wasn't a gain. I am going to try and do a variation of a meat and egg fast for the next couple days. As well as probably towards the end of the month.

I have to call my work today to see if I got my weekend covered for work, I really hope I do otherwise I won't get to see my sister at all when she comes home for memorial day and her birthday (she lives in Colorado, and I only get to see her 2x a year). They were really late on posting the schedule for next week too so that makes me really nervous. Im crossing my fingers though.

My sisters birthday is the 29th and I told her I'd make her some sugar free carrot cake cupcakes (we are both LCing) and even though they arent technically part of the plan, she deserves a little something for her birthday. I think I am going to use the SF Pilsbury Vanilla Cake with The SF Vanilla Frosting, but add some shredded carrots, cinnamon and nutmeg to the cake mix, then whip in some cream cheese to the frosting, they will still have some carbs. but not as much as a traditional cake--and I am going to portion them into little cupcakes so I can be sure to how much I am intaking.

For this month (by June 5th), I want to lose at least 10lbs, and right now I am hovering around 5-1/2 pounds. So I think 4-1/2 pounds by June 5th is doable (if not more). I just have to be pretty diligent about what I am eating and stick to my plan of 20g net carbs. Also, no more Nyquil

Going to the BF's tonight after he gets off work, and we are going to go see Pirates 4, finally. It should be a good night, just have to keep my food in check.

Until later
Old 05-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Down!

Down on the scale today, had a little bit of a rough morning yesterday though-so lets hope it stays.

Pirates 4 was really good (I love me some Johnny Depp!) and it was nice to go out with the BF. I won't see him again until after the weekend (I am going out of town and so is he) so I spent the night at his house last night so we could soak up some more us time before he had to go to work this morning.

Food was alright yesterday, was just at 25g net carbs, and am trying to stay at 20 or under, but thats life I suppose. Just have to try and keep it under 20 today.

Gunna try and get some chores done today, and call my work just to ensure I got my weekend off. So hoping that I do, otherwise, its gunna be a long and lonely weekend
Food yesterday (had a lot of snacks due to lack of lunch, and lots of food but not many calories...so it looks a little crazy):

Brunch (10:00am)
-3 Turkey Meatballs W/Tomtao Sauce & Mozzarella
-1 Oz. Gouda
-1 SF Jell-O
-1 Diet Pepsi
Snack (10:45am)
Snack (12:45pm)
-1 String Cheese
Snack (5:15pm)
-1 Oz. Gouda
-1 SF Jell-O
Dinner (7:00pm)
-1 Bunless Double Cheeseburger (No pickles)
-1 Side Salad W-1/2 Packet Ranch
-1 Diet Coke

Totals = 952kcal, 65.5g (28%), 59.9g (56%) fat, 32.7g (15%) carbs, 7.7g fiber, 25g (11%) net carbs, 2768mg sodium
Old 05-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Sad Panda.

Well just got the call from work---my shift swap this weekend was not approved, and I am very dissapointed. I had requested this weekend off about 1-1/2 months ago, and it was denied, so then I found someone to cover my shift, which was also denied (for reasons unknown). Apparently they are short 3 people this weekend, and can't spare me. I only get to see my sister about 2x a year and considering my family will be about 4 hours away at our cabin from Friday-Monday. I will probably only see my sister for a few hours on Friday before they leave. I am very sad, and upset at my work, my BF will also be gone this weekend, so I am going to be quite lonely as well. Not much else to say really...

Food was alright today:

Lunch (10:30am)

-2 Eggs W/2 tsp. HWC & 1 oz. Cheddar
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon W/ 1/2 tbsp. Butter
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-1 tsp. SF Frosting
Snack (2:00pm)
-1 SF Jell-O
-14 Pepperonis
-1 Glass Iced Tea
-1 Glass Diet 7up
Dinner (5:30pm)
-1 Chicken Breast (Marinated in Soy Sauce, Garlic, Onion powder, and Worchestershire sauce)
-1/2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
-1 Cup Cauliflower Mash (Made with butter, HWC, Laughing Cow Cheese, & Cheddar)
-1 Tbsp. SF Pudding (Made w/1 tbsp. SF Pudding & 2 tbsp. HWC & Water)
-2 Tbsp. HWC (W/1/2 packet Sucralose & Vanilla)
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-1 tsp. SF Frosting

Totals = 1,201.3 kcal, 66.6g (22%) protein, 93.5g (70%) fat, 25g (8%) carbs, 5.6g fiber, 19.4g (6%) net carbs, 3000mg sodium

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-25-2011 at 06:49 PM..
Old 05-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sorry!!! That really sucks.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Still Blue-But Out of My Hands.

Still feeling sad about having to work this weekend, but theres not much I can do. I am almost positive I will be scheduled Saturday-Monday, but I suppose I have to look at the brightside, at least its money. And, I get to see my sister tommorow along with her BF and her friend for lunch @ PF Changs. So at least it's a little time to spend with her.

I am down -.4/lb today which is surprising. I thought that SF Jell-O Pudding with Cornstarch was going to be my demise. I think I am finally shedding of some water weight from TOM (hoping today is the last day of it), so I can see more of a loss this week.

Defintely going to have to find something to keep me busy this weekend since everyone is out of town. Im thinking maybe a walk or rollerblade around the lake or organizing all my stuff for when I move. Possibly clean my Chinchilla's cage and organize old photo albums--all stuff I have been putting off even though I have nothing better to do.

Gunna be a long, sad, lonely weekend and I am very much fighting the urge to binge (bad habit I got into when my parents would go out of town during my ED time). So I really need to find something to do....

Heres to a mediocre Thursday
Old 05-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Still Some Hope.

So work was busy tonight, but there is still hope that I can see my sister this weekend, and drive up to our cabin this weekend at least for a little bit. My work didn't schedule me on Sunday (weird, but awesome), and if I am able to switch my night shift to a morning shift on Saturday, I can drive up to the cabin and stay until Monday morning--then drive back and work my Monday night shift for Memorial Day. I won't know if its alright until tommorow when I call work, but my supervisor told me yesterday, when she called, that I could work the morning instead if I wanted to. Lets hope she didn't change her mind.

Other than that my day was fine, the nice weather was helpful in an attempt to cheer me up so I couldnt stay mopey for long. Food was pretty good today, even though I ate wayy more than I normally do (which I attribute to TOM), and I was only about 1g net carbs over my intake, so hoping for some Post-TOM whooshes

Gunna find a LC Birthday Cake Recipe for my sister tonight, and gotta scope out the PF Changs menu again so I know what to order tommorow. Should be a good day tommorow, lets pray the nice weather holds out!

Food:

Breakfast (10:30am)
-1 Egg W/1 tsp. HWC & 1 tbsp. Cheddar
-2 Slices Turkey Bacon W/ 1 tsp. Butter & 1/2 tsp. Syrup
-1 SF Jell-O W/Almond Milk
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
Snack (11:30am)
-1/2 Cup SF Pudding W/ HWC
-2 tsp. SF Frosting
-1 Marinated Chicken Breast W/2 tsp. Veggie Oil
-1 Cup Cauliflower Mash.
-1 Tbsp. Ranch
-24 Oz. Crystal Light
-20 Oz. Water
-3 Oz. Beef Patty W/2 tsp. Butter & 1 tbsp. Cheddar
-3 Slices Turkey Bacon
-1 Tbsp. LC Ketchup
-1 Diet Hansen's Soda

Totals = 1,444 kcal, 79.5g (22%) protein, 110.2g (70%) fat, 26.8g (7%) carbs, 5.2g fiber, 21.7g (6%) net carbs, 3007 mg sodium
Old 05-27-2011, 03:35 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! I'm glad it could work out for you!!! Good luck and have fun!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Early Day Tommorow

Gunna have a short post tonight since I have to get up at 4:45am tommorow morning for work. Up a little bit on the scale today, but its not a big problem cuz thats how my trend usually goes. I won't be able to weigh in until Tuesday so I need to keep myself in check for the extended weekend. Hoping for 151 on the scale by Tuesday so around 2lbs+

I did not do very good for food today at all, I made my sister some LC birthday cupcakes and the sugar (well fake sugar ) fest did not stop! I have been having intense cravings and I think the sneaky SF Jell-O pudding is to blame (will not be eating this for a while). I was over my carbs and over my cals, but for some reason I am still hungry. Next Tuesday I will go back to strict induction so I can hit at least some of my goals.

Beware for my piggish amount of food today:

Breakfast (10:00am)

-2 Eggs W/2 tsp. HWC & 1 Oz. Cheddar
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon W/ .5 tbsp. Butter
-1 SF Jell-O W/almond Milk
-1 Glass Crystal Light
Snack (11:30am)
-1 SF Pudding W/3 tbsp. HWC
-1.5 Squares 83% Dark Chocolate
Lunch (1:30pm)
-Steak/Shrimp/Chicken Fajitas (No tortillas, Rice, or Beans)
-Side of Shredded Lettuce, Guacamole, Sour Cream & Salsa
-1 Diet Coke
Snack (5:00pm)
-3 SF Dove Chocolates
-5 Macadamia Nuts
Dinner (5:30pm)
-5 Oz. Tuna W/Mayo
-1/2 Carrot Cake Cupcake W/SF Frosting
-1 Diet Dr. Pepper
Snack (8:30pm)
-1 Cheddar Stick
-1 SF Fudgsicle
-1 Glass Crystal Light

Totals = 1,813kcal , 109.3g (25%) protein, 126.9g (64%) fat, 51g (11%) carbs, 13.2g fiber, 37.8g (8%) net carbs, 3818mg sodium

I need to step away from the chocolate and artifical sweeteners!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-27-2011 at 08:11 PM..
Old 05-28-2011, 04:15 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy your time with your family!

I find that artificial sweeteners definitely ratchet up my appetite. I bet you'll be fine if you back off them for a few days.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

I for sure enjoy my time and try and soak up every minute of it, and I so agree about the artifical sweeteners. I need to cut back, my day was laden with them yesterday! Once this weekend is over its down to business
Old 05-31-2011, 09:21 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
Subscribed....just finished reading your journal...wish I would have read it sooner so I could have given you my low carb cake (5.5g/slice). You deserve so much credit for what you're doing. You have been. So consistent with journaling your pc, which proves how much you strive towards your goals. Very inspirational...can't wait to read more. Hope ur weekend with ur sis was awesome!
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare30bear View Post
Subscribed....just finished reading your journal...wish I would have read it sooner so I could have given you my low carb cake (5.5g/slice). You deserve so much credit for what you're doing. You have been. So consistent with journaling your pc, which proves how much you strive towards your goals. Very inspirational...can't wait to read more. Hope ur weekend with ur sis was awesome!
Welcome to my Journal Karebear!

Love having input from others