Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Up a little in weight today but thats life. I know it'll even out--gotta take the ups with the down. I was doing a gym experiment this week and it seems I do lose better while Im working out (at least this time around) so back to my gym regime next week. I had a really awful stomach ache for some reason today from like 2-6pm but it seems to have resolved thankfully. I was going to skip dinner because of it but was feeling much better after a little rest. I made some really yummy teriyaki chicken thighs w-shitake mushroms and steamed edamame w-sea salt supper nummy Will defintely make again

I also attached a picture because it was too pretty not to

I think Im going to try and go to bed early tonight, I was way tired this morning and I think that going to bed will help me feel a little better tomorrow.

But heres my food, I mixed it up a little today:

Breakfast (7:15)
-1 MRM Egg White Protein Shake W-PB2
-3 Cups Coffee W-1/4 Cup U/S Almond Milk & 1 Tbsp. CO
Lunch (12:45pm)
-3 Crustless Spinach Quiches
-3 Oz. Broccoli & Cauliflower W-1 Tbsp. Edamame Hummus
-1 Black Pepper String Cheese
-1 Peach Pear La Croix Water
Snack (4:45pm)
-1-100 Calorie Pack of Sea Salt Almonds
-1 Peach Pear La Croix Water
Snack (5:30pm)
-1 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
Dinner (7:00pm)
-2 Teriyaki Marinated Chicken Thighs W-Shitake Mushrooms & Peppers
-1/2 Cup Steamed Edamame
-12 Oz. Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper

60 Oz. Water & Vitamins

Totals = 1441kcals, 101g protein, 47g carbs, 24g fiber, 23g net carbs, 99g fat, 2413mg sodium
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_001500.jpg (41.7 KB, 8 views)
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Same weight today as yesterday

Going to try and be extra good Saturday & Sunday in hopes that it will shift the scale.

Food was a lot today but I had a rough day, not that I'm making excuses, but Im just lucky I didnt cave for my most wanted ice cream with peanut butter cups.

Here's my food though:

Breakfast (7:30am)
-1 Mini Crustless Spinach Quiche
-4 Fiber Gummies
-3 Cups Coffee W-2 Tbsp. SF Creamer
Snack (10:45am)
Lunch (1:45pm)
-1-1/3 Low Carb Thickburger (no pickles)
-16 Oz. Diet Coke
Snack (3:00pm)
-1 86% Ghiradelli Square
-1 La Croix Peach Pear Water
Snack (4:30pm)
-1 Black Pepper String Cheese
Dinner (7:30pm)
-6 Buffalo Chicken Wings
-1 Tbsp. Ranch Dressing
-1 Diet Cherry Pepsi
Snack (9:30pm)
-2 Atkins Peanut Butter Cups

Totals = 1775kcals , 120g protein, 46g carbs, 22g fiber, 24g net carbs, 123g fat, 3894mg sodium

*So definitely not the best day but I guess its not the worst day...could really improve my calorie, carb, and sodium intake though...protein was pretty high as well...
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry I havent updated in a while. Things are going alright for me, I was down about -2lbs from last week to this week, but am now retaining about 2-3lbs from Mondayy. But I attribute it to not eating on plan on part of Saturday/Sunday and part of Monday so its probably not real weight but mostly just water. I am going to get more strict on my eating during May to try and get down to a more comfortable 'zone', and today and tomorrow (and probably friday) I am doing mostly eggs and VLC. I have a bachelorette party on Saturday and would like to wear a spaghetti strap maxi dress but would like to be about 5lbs less by then. I also have an interview on Friday for an assistant professor position so I would like to fit nicely into my suit by then

Defintely going to hit up the gym tonight for 90 minutes and also tomorrow as well. Also gunna drink all my water before 9pm so I dont have to get up a thousand times to go to the bathroom durin gthe night

My May Weight Loss Goal is: 15.6lbs

I'll check back later with food (even though it will be boring)
Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Pretty easy night. I had a phone interview this afternoon and it went really great, she told me that I would be moving on to the in-person interviews so I am excited to hear when that will be. Its weird to think Im actually applying for real jobs after all this time, I thought I would be a forever student

Hopefully by June I will be employed full-time

Here's my food for the day:

Breakfast (7:15am)
-3 Cups Coconut Mocha Coffee W-1.5 Tbsp HWC
Snack (10:30am)
-1 Pepsi Max
Lunch (12:30pm)
-4 Mini Crustless Spinach Quiches
-1 Jalapeno String Cheese
Snack (5:00pm)
-1 Tbsp. Coconut Chia Pudding
Dinner (5:30pm)
-3 Eggs Scrambled W-1 Tbsp. Smart Balance & 1 Tbsp. Cheddar
-2 Slices Bacon

Totals = 1,161kcals, 93g protein, 15g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 10g net carbs, 79g fat, 2184mg sodium
Old 05-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Whoa Snow Day in May. Currently I am living in Wisconsin and woke up to around a foot of snow today which is completely outrageous. I actually had to turn on my space heater this morning. What gives Mother Nature?!

Due to the snow I wasnt able to go in to work today so I had a pretty easy day. Spent some extra time sleeping which was very nice. Then I spent the rest of the day searching for apartments and working on my presentation for my Assistant Professor interview tomorrow

Hopefully it will go alright, Im starting to get nervous but trying to keep it under control. I'm sure I will practice my presentation a few dozen times tonight before I go to bed.

On the weight loss front, my egg fast yesterday was successful peeled off some water weight (around 2lbs) this morning, and I am hoping to hit below my Monday weigh-in weight tomorrow. Gotta look good for my suit & interview! Continuing on my eggs for today and tomorrow afternoon. I am going to a Cinco De Mayo Celebration tomorrow night and I know my friend is making some authentic Mexican food (her husband is Mexican) and she texted me asking what I can and can not eat so Im sure she'll have some things there for me to eat. She's so sweet

Probably won't make it to the gym tonight because I have a lot to get done, but I only have 9 days til my 5k so I am definitely going to hit it hard next week.

Here's my food:

Breakfast (9:30am)
-1 Cup Coffee W-.5 Tbsp. HWC
Lunch (3:00pm)
Snack (3:30pm)
-1 Tbsp. Coconut Chia Pudding
Dinner (6:30pm)
-3 Egg Omelet W-1 Tbsp. Smart Balance & 1 Tbsp. Cheddar
-2 Slices Bacon

+vitamins & water

Totals = 923kcals, 79g protein, 13g carbs, 5g fiber, 8g net carbs, 61g fat, 1800mg sodium

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-02-2013 at 05:16 PM..
Old 05-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Been a while since I updated but I had an extremely busy weekend. Interview for the assistant professor position at the college went really well on Friday and then I had a little Cinco De Mayo celebration with a few girlfriends. Saturday I had a bachelorette party and then Sunday I used the time to recoop and rest

I haven't weighed since Saturday morning, but as of then I was -4.8lbs from Monday which was the biggest lost for a week Ive had as yet, but that being said eating wasnt so great on Friday & Saturday so Im sure the scale won't be happy tomorrow. I'm going to do some meat & egging this week to even out the damage. Food wasn't that great today but back on track tomorrow

I also have a 5k next Friday so I will be going to the gym everyday this week to make sure that I'll be able to finish in a decent amount of time

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend. I only have 2 weeks left of my internship and my very last rotation starts tomorrow, so I'm pretty excited. Also I have a second phone interview with a hiring manager from another company on Thursday so I hope it goes well. I would very much like to get hired with this company. Going to cross my fingers.

Goodnight LCF
Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Good luck with the job search and the 5k, and great job on the weightloss! Keep up the good work!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Not going on much today, just getting back into the groove of things, damage was minimal on the scale this morning (quite suprisingly) but I thought Id at least update on my food

-3 Crustless Mini Spinach Quiches
-16 Oz. Crystal Light Raspberry Green Tea
Lunch (1:00pm)
-1 Salad W-Blue Cheese & Walnuts
-1.5 Oz. Mixed Veggies W-1 Tbsp. Edamame Hummus
-1-100 Calorie Pack of Almonds
-16 Oz. Diet Coke
-1/3 Cup Macadamia Nuts
-1 Caramel Cashew Turtle
-16 Oz. Crystal Light Raspberry Green Tea
-7 Oz. Buffalo Chicken Wings
-1.5 Celery Stalk W-2 Tbsp. Blue Cheese
-1 Ghiradelli 86% Square Chocolate
-16 Oz. Lime Perrier Water

Totals = 1885kcals, 88g protein, 56g carbs, 13g fiber, 149g fat, 3059mg sodium.

So high on a few things; calories, carbs, fat & sodium---will be better tomorrow
Old 05-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Good luck with the job search and the 5k, and great job on the weightloss! Keep up the good work!
Thanks Christine! I'll keep updating on the job front (as well as how the 5k goes)
Old 05-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

Up in weight a little today, blaming it on on water retention though. Going to do some meat & egg days this week to see if I can get down to my mini-goal of 2 more pounds by the 13th. I was too tired to make my Quiche's last night so I had to have a salad lunch today. Tomorrow I will do Quiches though

Food wasn't too awful today--better from yesterday

-1 Egg White Protein Shake W-PB2
-1/8 Cup Macadamia Nuts
-3 Cups Coffee W-1.5 Tbsp. HWC
Lunch (12:45pm)
-1 Salad W-Chipotle Chicken & Ranch Dressing
-1 Oz. Mixed Veggies W-1 Tbsp. Edamame Hummus
-16 Oz. Diet Coke
Snack (6:00pm)
-16 Oz. Green Tea W-Stevia
-BLT Tuna Salad
-1 Medium Avocado
-1 Tbsp. Coconut Butter

Totals = 1372kcals, 71g protein, 51g carbs, 26g fiber, 25g net carbs, 104g fat, 2086mg sodium.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just love avocado!!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
I just love avocado!!
Oh my goodness, me too. I eat an entire one in a sitting, and dont even get me started on Guacamole
Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #583
Major LCF Poster!

Down in weight a little bit today, did my first day of meat and egging also. Plan to do it as long as I can. I'd like to say through Sunday but its always hard to figure out what Im going to be eating when Im out of town and visiting my parents & boyfriend. So I will just tell myself to try and stick to it as long as I can, so hopefully at least through Friday night. Hopefully tomorrow I'll see a bigger drop in the scale--I keep bouncing up and down and it feels like I just keep losing the same few pounds over and over, but Im determined to get into a new number set by next week (I'll feel so much better then) and stay in it (instead of bouncing back up) so it feels like Im making some actual progress here

Even if Im not dropping weight fast it at least feels nice to be in control of what I'm eating and not have a raging appetite. Plus I notice Im not spending so much on food which is awesome for a poor individual like myself.

Speaking of poor I do have a follow up interview tomorrow with a company I'm really hoping to get hired with, and I also received a voicemail today regarding a part time position I applied for at a Rehab Center as well, so hopefully I'll talk to them tomorrow too. I keep getting all these interviews but I so wish they'd let me know whats going on afterwards, I hate waiting! I have about 4 places playing the waiting game with me now and Im starting to get anxious

I have received one offer already but its the least desirable position (IMO), not as good of hours and pay is low for my education, but If all else fails, and I land a different PT position I can still take them up on another PT position to help supplement my income.

The second company, the one I have a follow-up interview with the hiring manager tomorrow, is the one I want the most, as it sounds like something I'd very much enjoy. It is PT but has the potential to turn into FT down the road--so crossing my fingers that all goes well with that one tomorrow afternoon!

The third company I'm waiting on is for the Assistant Professor Position (the interview I had on Friday) and while its FT, its only contracted for 1 year and the pay isn't that awesome (definitely live-able but not great). This would be my third choice most likely (depending on if or not I get offers from elsewhere).

Finally, the fourth company is the one I heard from today, I don't know much about this position, other than it was the same Rehab Center my mom worked at when I was pretty young, but it is PT and has a more 'prestigious title' and room for advancement so I would take this PT position over the first one if it was offered.

So much to think about--Geez! To the outsider that was probably super confusing, but awh well. I just want to know where Im going to be working so I can start apartment/townhome hunting (which is also a pain in the butt). Time to grow up

I guess this is why patience is a virtue.

Anyways back on the eating front:

-1/8 Cup Macadamia Nuts
-4 Crustless Spinach Quiches
-16 Oz. Diet Coke
Snack (4:00pm)
-16 Oz. Diet Coke
Dinner (7:45pm)
-2 Eggs Scrambled W-1/2 Tbsp. Butter & 1 Tbsp. Cheese
-2 Slices Bacon
-1 Tbsp Coconut Butter

Totals= 1176kcals, 79g protein, 19g carbs, 9g fiber, 10g net carbs, 87g fat, 1890mg sodium.

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-08-2013 at 08:18 PM..
Old 05-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It IS a lot to think about!!! And it can be stressful. Good for you for staying in control of your eating during this difficult time. Keep up the good work, and good luck on all fronts!!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Christine! I just had my follow-up phone interview with the company I REALLY want to get hired at today, I think it went well--but the bummer is that I won't hear from them until about 2 weeks from now (to see whether or not Ive moved on to a in person interview) because they're still conducting follow-up phone interviews. Frustrating! But I am so hoping that they choose me ( I do so much better with an in person interview)

Also, I scheduled another interview (in person) for the 4th company, a PT position, for next Friday at 10. Funny story the facility changed its name recently, but I found out my mom worked there until I was about 13 (while it was under a different name) and actually knew the RD there (the one who I will be interviewing with) and coincidentally enough, I shadowed her once in high school--lonnnggg time ago, so I didn't remember. But after I scheduled the interview with HR, the RD called me to ask if she knew my mom because my name sounded familiar, so hopefully that gets me a little bit of an in

Happy Thursday! 5k tomorrow!

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-09-2013 at 01:13 PM..
Old 05-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck with your 5k! What a small world, too! I hope that gives you an edge. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

You are so sweet Christine! Its my first 5k so Im just hoping to at least jog the entire time

Had a pretty easy day today, went to work for a few hours then had a job interview then spent the rest of the night doing domestic duties such as dishes and cleaning...the next apartment I get I am going to make sure there is a dishwasher--I loathe doing dishes by hand, ish.

My meat and egging was a little less strict today (I had a chocolate craving) but hopefully I'll still see a loss tomorrow.

-1 Egg White Protein Shake W-PB2 & Coconut Milk
-1/8 Cup Macadamia Nuts
-3 Cups Coconut Mocha Coffee W-1.5 Tbsp. HWC
-3 Crustless Mini Spinach Quiches
-2 Crustless Mini Spinach Quiches
-1 Slice Bacon
-20 Oz. Crystal Light Raspberry Green Tea
Snack (7:30pm)
-1 86% Ghiradelli Chocolate Square
-1 Tbsp. Coconut BUtter
-20 Oz. Crystal Light Raspberry Green Tea

Totals = 1,395 kcals, 72g protein, 32g carbs, 10g fiber, 22g net carbs, 113g fat, 1718mg sodium
Old 05-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How was the 5k?
Old 05-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Only up about half a pound from the weekend which is miraculous since I ate off plan on Saturday for dinner, and pretty much all of Sunday. I am back to Meat & Egging for the most part as of now though. I am going to go for 10 days and see if I can start making more progress on the scale (I dont have plans this weekend other than finishing internship paperwork so its a good weekend to M/E Fast). My goal for May is 15lbs and Ive only managed a few so far and we're almost already in week 2. So I have to get serious since I have a long ways to go.

Food was pretty simple today:

-1/8 Cup Macadamia Nuts
-3 Cups Coffee W-1.5 Tbsp. HWC & Stevia
-1 La Croix Coconut Water
-1 Jalapeno String Cheeese
-16 Oz. Diet Coke
Snack (4:10pm)
-1/8 Cup Macadamia Nuts
Dinner (8:00pm)
Snack (9:00pm)
-1 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
-1 86% Ghiradelli Square

Totals= 1417kcals, 80g protein, 28g carbs, 11g fiber, 17g net carbs, 113g fat, 1977mg sodium
Old 05-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

Day 1/10 Meat & Egging:

#1 = -1.0/lb
Old 05-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Day 2 Meat & Egg Fasting Successful. Not much else to report on

-1/4 Cup Macadamia Nuts
-16 Oz. Diet Coke
-3 Slices Chipotle Chicken Breast
-2 Oz. Pepper Jack Cheese
Dinner (8:00pm)
-1 Crustless Spinach Quiche
-2 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
-1 86% Ghiradelli Chocolate Square
1 La Croix Coconut Water

Totals = 1390kcals, 80g protein, 26g carbs, 12g fiber, 14g net carbs, 110g fat, 2234mg sodium
Old 05-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Day 2/10 Meat & Egging

Day #1 = -1.0lb
Day #2 = -.4lb

Total = -1.4lb
Old 05-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

Same old same old, nothing new to update really. But thought Id check in for food

Breakfast (7:45am)
-2 Pieces Crustless Spinach Quiche
-1-100 Calorie Pack Almonds
Lunch (12:00pm)
-1 Ghiradelli 86% Chocolate
Snack (4:30pm)
-3 Slices Chipotle Chicken
-1.5 Oz. Pepper Jack Cheese
Snack (6:00pm)
Dinner (7:00pm)
-1 Asiago Spinach Chicken Sausage W-Peppers & Onions
-5 Blueberries

Totals = 1388kcals, 86g protein, 34g carbs, 14g fiber, 20g net carbs, 102g fat, 2542mg sodium
Old 05-16-2013, 04:31 AM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3/10 Meat & Egging

Day #1 = -1.0lb
Day #2 = -.4lb
Day #3 = -1.4lb

Total = -2.8lb
Old 05-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Hello! I'm looking for new gals to follow, my regular LCF's aren't posting much lately and its going lonely lol so im marking my spot. I'm Alexis, nice to meet you!!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Hello! I'm looking for new gals to follow, my regular LCF's aren't posting much lately and its going lonely lol so im marking my spot. I'm Alexis, nice to meet you!!
Welcome to my journal! Its always nice to have new followers
Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #597
Major LCF Poster!

Last day of my internship today

And another job interview in the morning.

Also on day 4 of modified meat & egging. Things are going well. Going to keep on as long as I am able

Breakfast (7:15 am)
-2 Pieces Crustless Spinach Quiche
-2 La Croix Coconut Water
-1 Asiago & Spinach Chicken Sausage W/Peppers & Onions
-20 Oz. Diet Coke
-2 Slices Chipotle Chiken
-1.5 Oz. Pepper Jack Cheese
Dinner (8:45pm)

Totals = 1,355kcals, 85g protein, 29g carbs, 14g fiber, 15g net carbs, 101g fat, 2495mg sodium

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-16-2013 at 07:21 PM..
Old 05-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Day 4/10 Meat & Egging

Day #1 = -1.0lb
Day #2 = -.4lb
Day #3 = -1.4lb
Day #4 = -.4lb

Total = -3.2lb
Old 05-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
congrats on the loss!! i'm down 1.6 for the week so im stoked!

I see you just ran a 5k? is that right? how was it? Im running my first 5k tomorrow. im nervous and excited. its a fun 5k, one of those "color" ones. I haven't been training in just running per say but i've been attending bootcamps regularly. i workout at least 3x/week. the bootcamps really help condition your body so i think i'll do ok
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
congrats on the loss!! i'm down 1.6 for the week so im stoked!

I see you just ran a 5k? is that right? how was it? Im running my first 5k tomorrow. im nervous and excited. its a fun 5k, one of those "color" ones. I haven't been training in just running per say but i've been attending bootcamps regularly. i workout at least 3x/week. the bootcamps really help condition your body so i think i'll do ok
Thats awesome! I was at a stand still for a few weeks so I am just starting to lose again, good feeling

I did run a 5k it was more just for fun rather than fitness, but it was a 'Rave Run' (ran at night). I also thought about doing the color run this summer but missed the sign up deadline--they have such fun things to sign up for lately, and I know everyone loves them. Im sure you'll have a blast!