LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Up today down tomorrow?

So I was about +.2/lb up today on the scale, which was way less than I thought it was going to be (I was expecting around a pound). So I am hoping by tommorow I can be into the 159's ()

I know I sound like a broken record, but I am FINALLY going to the gym today with my mom hopefully around 5:30pm-6:00 to join. I'm going to call first to get all my questions out of the way and figure out how to get in

I feel like I once I start going to the gym the weight should start coming off way easier, and then I am hoping I can hit my goal by my birthday.

I also changed my avatar yesterday to Katy Perry (My BF loves her) and I figured she'd be good inspiration for me. According to several websites she is 5'7 and around 125-130lbs (although I suspect her boobs are bigger than mine) but that is around my current WL goal (and my current height) so Im hoping my bod can look as good as hers when Im done.

I was expecting my Amazon order to arrive yesterday (complete with a new blender, atkins book, ketone strips, and new earbuds) but alas it has not come and I haven't seen a package today so I am waiting with bated breath.

Food I shall keep simple today, I feel like I went a little crazy on my sugar alcohols yesterday and I would prefer to not do so today. Also, I was gunna make my mom a LC cheesecake for birthday but when I woke up today she had already made a not so low carb version of it so that was irritating, but oh well....

Until Later
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Frustrated.

Called the gym tonight, and apparently they have gotten rid of their staffed hours so I was unable to go down and join tonight. I set up an appointment on Friday morning so hopefully I can join then, I have to think about the price as well, and figure out if I can afford it.

Food was alright--I was stupid and splurged on a measly 1/2 cup portion of Broccoli and Cheese Soup which was around 6-7g net carbs and well it just so happens that I am now over my net carb limit for the day. But not much I can do about it now. Still hoping for a teeny tiny loss tommorow....

Lunch (11:30am)
-PB & SF Chocolate Protein Shake
Snack (3:30pm)
-1/2 cup Broccoli and Cheese Soup w/shredded cheese
-Diet Pepsi
Snack (5:00pm)
-1 String cheese
-4 slices salami
-1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
Dinner (6:30pm)
-1 Chicken Breast
-2 Slices turkey bacon
-1 Slice Cheddar
-2 tsp BBQ sauce
-2 Diet Pepsi

Total = 1,260kcal, 111.7g (35%) protein, 73.8g (52%) fat, 41.5g (13%) carbs, 14g fiber, 27.5g (8%) net carbs, 3,320mg sodium.

Also, interesting fact today marks 30 days since I have began my journey and throughout the 30 days I have been keeping my tabs on my intake.

For Day 1-30:
Average Calories Consumed: 1,309
Average Grams of Protein Consumed: 94.8g (29%)
Average Grams of Fat Consumed: 76.3g (52%)
Average Grams of Total Carbs. Consumed: 39.3g (12%)
Average Grams of Fiber Consumed: 15.4g
Average Grams of Net Carbs. Consumed: 23.9g (7%)
Average Miligrams of Sodium Consumed: 2,407mg

For Week 1:
Average Calories Consumed: 1,550
Average Grams of Protein Consumed: 132g (34%)
Average Grams of Fat Consumed: 75.4g (44%)
Average Grams of Total Carbs. Consumed: 57.6g (15%)
Average Grams of Fiber Consumed: 24.9g
Average Grams of Net Carbs. Consumed: 32.7g (8%)
Average Miligrams of Sodium Consumed: 2,540mg
Weekly Weight Loss = -6.8lbs

For Week 2:
Average Calories Consumed: 1,219
Average Grams of Protein Consumed: 97g (32%)
Average Grams of Fat Consumed: 68.1g (50%)
Average Grams of Total Carbs. Consumed: 30.5g (10%)
Average Grams of Fiber Consumed: 19g
Average Grams of Net Carbs. Consumed: 11.5g (4%)
Average Miligrams of Sodium Consumed: 1,927mg
Weekly Weight Loss = -3.2lbs

For Week 3:
Average Calories Consumed: 1,272
Average Grams of Protein Consumed:76.1g (24%)
Average Grams of Fat Consumed: 85.4g (60%)
Average Grams of Total Carbs. Consumed: 37.6g (12%)
Average Grams of Fiber Consumed: 11.3g
Average Grams of Net Carbs. Consumed: 26.3g (8%)
Average Miligrams of Sodium Consumed: 2,218mg
Weekly Weight Loss = -2lbs

For Week 4:
Average Calories Consumed: 1,191
Average Grams of Protein Consumed: 67.8g (23%)
Average Grams of Fat Consumed: 76.2g (58%)
Average Grams of Total Carbs. Consumed: 32.1g (11%)
Average Grams of Fiber Consumed: 7.1g
Average Grams of Net Carbs. Consumed: 25g (8%)
Average Miligrams of Sodium Consumed: 2,676mg
Weekly Weight Loss = -2.8lbs

Phew that was a lot of typing, but hopefully I can find a trend to help optimize my weight loss for the next 30 days

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-04-2011 at 05:05 PM..
Old 05-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Up Again.

Up to 161lbs today. Stupid scale.

My package from Amazon finally arrived so now I can read the Atkins book as well as use my Ketostix. I already used my blender too (to make a Denver style egg scramble). Its not an amazing blender but I only paid $26 for it so beggars can't be choosers. I also got new earbuds for when I go rollerblading

I used my Ketostix just to see where I was at, and I can see now why I am not losing weight at the rate that I'd like to be. I am in Ketosis, just not as far as I'd like to be. I am in the moderate ketone area (medium redish) and would like to be in purple. So I am really going to monitor my carb intake in order to get further into Ketosis. Hopefully this will help me lose more weight.

I hope this weekend doesn't ruin things for me as well because it is my moms birthday as well as my BF's. Friday I am going golfing with my BF for the first time this spring and I am pretty excited about it (I am getting him a new golf bag so he should be excited too), then I believe we are going to go out to dinner to celebrate his 23rd. Then on Saturday my mom is thinking about meeting our family for dinner at PF Changs. I have looked at their menu and am defintely considering lettuce wraps and egg drop soup (even though I'd love sesame chicken). I'm just hoping I can keep it all pulled together.

Really going to try and keep it under 20g net today, so maybe I can shift colors on my Ketostix. Gotta go to work today as well so I will have something to keep me busy

Until we meet again....
Old 05-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Long Day.

Definitley a long day today. Not much to post about---I used my Ketostix when I got home and I am no longer in Ketosis, which I'm not sure why. I'll check again in the morning. My TOM is coming early and I can feel the cramps and the water bloating

I broke 3 of my rules tonight as well (Eating after 9pm, going 7g over my carb limit, and have 3 Diet Sodas instead of 1). So it wasn't a super successful day. BUT I have reasons, I had to eat dinner late because I got home late after work tonight--I had to stop and get my BF his birthday present (a pretty new golf bag and a light up golf ball). Then I stopped at Super Target for more LC essentials. I bought 3 bags of frozen cauliflower , Cream cheese, Pork rinds, LC tortillas, Chicken Salad, Salsa, Pizza Sauce, Pepperoni, Hot Dogs, & Mozzarella. I am going to try making the cauliflower crust pizza sometime this week, and obviously taco salad

For the other rules, I just wasn't paying attenion on my soda drinking, and I am over my carb limit because I caved and had a LC tortilla and a mini LC cheesecake which I made from scratch *so proud of myself* I am contemplating not weighing myself tommorow cuz I feel like it had been a bad day and with TOM coming I am mad at the scale. We'll see tommorow what happens.

Food:

Lunch (12:00pm)
-1-1/2 scrambeled eggs w/red pepper, onion, tomato, & cheese (in 1 tbsp. butter)
-2 veggie sausage patties
-1 oopsie w/cheese
-1 Diet Pepsi
Snack (2:30pm)
-1 SF Jell-O
Dinner (9:00pm)
-1/2 cup chicken salad on LC tortilla w/lettuce & tomato
-1 String cheese
-1 Diet Sundrop
Snack (11:30pm)
-1 Mini Cheesecake
-1 Diet Sundrop

Total = 1152kcal, 78.8g (28%) protein, 71.4g (57%) fat, 41.7g (15%) carbs, 13.8g fiber, 27.9g (9%) net carbs, 2435mg sodium.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Blech

So, its offical the scale and I are no longer on speaking terms. Up another .6lbs today. Starting to get super irritated, I was expecting a little bit of a gain today--although I was really hoping there would be some weird fluke that would help me lose something--but no luck. But I am going to keep trucking on through the plan in hopes that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I will make it to the 150's before next Tuesday, not hitting at LEAST 159.8 is not an option....

Apart from me wanting to through my scale out the window, I had a really nice day with the BF. Today is my Mom's and my BF's birthday (not to mention another close friend of mines as well). So for birthday fun day with the BF I gave him his new golf bag and we went and played our first 9 holes of the season at a local golf course. I was so proud of myself because I putted a perfect 25 foot put

It was nice to get out in the nice weather finally! Afterwards we went out to dinner at TGI Fridays where we both splurged on more expensive menu items then we'd normally. I got the 10 oz. sirloin w/grilled shrimp, steamed green beans, & broccoli. It was delicious, I ate most all my vegetables about 7 oz. of my steak and 1/2 my shrimp skewer. BF got Chicken and Shrimp w/fries, which I know from previous experience was also nummy. Came back and now we're enjoying a nice night in. Not a bad birthday if I do say so myself

Tommorow Birthday celebrations continue with the family, I am going to an early dinner with my mom and some of our family to PF Changs, and since studying their menu I have decided on (probably) the Orange Peel Shrimp and a side of Asian Slaw, w/ an iced green tea *YUM* (which I believe is around ~15g net carbs). I will just have to watch my carb intake closely tommorow, so I wont kick myself out of Ketosis.

This morning I only had trace amounts of ketones in my urine, and I think this was due to my late night eating as well as that sneaky LC tortilla. I think Im going to limit myself to 1-2 of those a week, since they have seemed to cause a gain.

Food was fairly simple today, only ate twice due to time constraints.

Lunch (11:00am)
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon
-1 String Cheese
-1 Mini Cheesecake
-1 Diet Sundrop
Snack
-4 Jelly Beans :blush:
-24 oz. water
Dinner(6:30pm)
-8 oz. sirloin w/butter
-4 grilled shrimp
-Green Beans w/Red Peppers
-Broccoli Florets
-1 Marashcino Cherry
-4 Small Bites of BF's Birthday Ice cream Sundae (He really wanted to share )

Total=1309kcal, 82.2g (27%) protein, 83.9g (63%) fat, 28.6g (10%) carbs, 4.5g fiber, 24.1g (7%) fiber, 1844mg sodium.

Didn't think my calorie and carb counts were so bad for such a nice night of food, won't be able to weigh myself tommorow since I'm staying at the BF's but I'm alright with that since I am pissed at the scale anyways. I think I will wait until Sunday to weigh, so if there is no loss I can tweak my intake once again.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Weigh in Tomorrow

Didn't weigh in today due to being at the BF's house this morning. Which I feel okay with, tomorrow shall be my weigh in day, and then I will probably alter my eating a little before my offical weigh-in day on Tuesday. When I came home today, I did use a Ketostick and I was in moderate Ketosis, so hopefully that ice cream last night didn't ruin anything and I am still losing some poundage.

Dinner plans with the family were cancelled today which was alright (even though I was looking forward to some PF Changs) so instead I made the pepperoni pizza with cauliflower crust and it was DELICIOUS! The pizza crust didn't taste exactly like pizza crust but it had a good texture and the edges even got crispy like real pizza. I made an extra pizza so I am sure I'll be eating that tommorow.

I stocked up on LC food as well, so I am sure my menu planning will be easy this week. I have lots of goodies including Taco Meat, Chicken Salad, LC Pizza leftovers, Turkey bacon, Hot dogs, Oopsie Rolls, Eggs, etc. I also picked up some 90% Lindt Dark Chocolate but I think unfortunately I will had to add some Splenda or Truvia when I have it next time because it was still a little bitter for me. At least I know I won't binge on the chocolate that way

I have to start a 10 page paper tonight, because its due Monday and I've been putting it off. So I am sure I will keep full and busy. Just hope I can get the motivation to get at least half of it done tonight!

Food was fairly simple today:

Lunch (12:30pm)

-2 oz. steak (leftovers)
-2 grilled shrimp (leftovers)
-1 mini cheesecake
-1 salsa flavored sunchip & 1 jelly bean
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-1 Square Lindt 90% Cocoa
Dinner (4:45pm)
-1 LC Pepperoni Pizza
-4 Slices Pepperoni
-1 Diet Pepsi
-Water, Water, Water!
Snack (7:00pm)
-1 SF Jell-O

Total = 1,185kcal, 86.6g (30%) protein, 74g (59%) fat, 31g (11%) carbs, 8.1g fiber, 22.9g net carbs, 1871mg sodium.

I am thinking if I do not see a very good loss this week that I will start over with a "clean" induction and follow it correctly for at least 1-2 weeks. I just bought the Atkins book and am working on reading it in its entirety.

Off to write my paper

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-07-2011 at 03:48 PM..
Old 05-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Slowly but surely.

Down -.8lb since Friday and I'll take it. I am starting to question whether or not I will see a loss for this week by Tuesday. I am going to finish some leftovers I have today and then tommorow if I am not down at least -1lb I am going to do another V8 fast for Monday, however, I need to get out of the habit of doing that.

I am about 100+ pages into the Atkins book, and so far, it has been quite an interesting read (although I don't agree with everything) I do think a lot of the concepts seem pretty solid. I read the induction chapter and BOY was I wrong about my method of "induction". Starting this Tuesday I think I am going to start a clean induction for 1-2 weeks and see if I can start losing weight a little more quickly. I have been doing a modified OWL version of Atkins (while trying to stay under 20g net carbs) without really realizing it. I assumed Phase 1 of South Beach was very similar to Induction of Atkins, and it really isn't the same. So I am glad I took the time to read the book. I even took notes

I think if I re-induct that I can easily get to the 140's by the end of May

Food shall be simple on Mother's day today, I am stuck at home writing a 10 page paper and need to finish off some leftovers, so I think staying on track will be easy enough. I am quite excited to eat my other half of my LC pizza.

Once I start induction I am going to freeze my non-friendly induction items so they dont go to waste (Mini Cheesecakes, Hotdogs, Cottage Cheese, etc..) I really want to follow this to a T so my yummy LC food can wait a week or two before I enjoy them again.

Off to Lunch & Paper Writing
Old 05-08-2011, 11:06 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Long Day!

Even though I didn't get out of my pajamas today it was a very long day. My paper took way longer than I thought it would be and I still need to put my final touches on it before its due tommorow at 5pm. But luckily after my paper is done I only have like 2-3 assignments before I am OFFICALLY done with my first year of graduate school

I think if I estimate correctly, I can be done by the end of this week. Which would be amazing.

On the downside I was a bottomless pit today for food, I feel cramps brewing inside me and I know that my TOM is rearing its ugly head soon. I really wanted to try and stick to my calorie and carb counts today but I was wayy off. I won't be surprised if I gain tommorow, but if I do its a fasting day

Lunch (11:00am)
-1 LC Pizza
-1 Mini Cheesecake
-3 chocolate covered almonds
-1 Diet Sundrop
-1 String cheese
-14 pepperonis
-1 Diet Sundrop
Dinner (5:30pm)
-1 Chicken breast
-1 cup baby lettuce w/olive oil, vinegar, and parmesean
-1 String cheese
-1 SF Jell-O
-1 Diet Pepsi
Snack (8:00pm)
-1 Piece Lindt chocolate w/2 tsp. peanut butter
-1 Hot Chocolate

Total = 1,762kcal, 124.3g (28%), 122.7g (62%) fat, 48.3g (11%) carbs, 16.4g fiber, 31.9g (7%) net carbs, 2790 mg sodium

Eek...that is most probably going to be a gain...
Old 05-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Just checkin' to see if my signature works
Old 05-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Normal Weight!

I don't know how I managed or why I ended up with huge a huge weight loss this morning (-2.8lbs), but I'll take it! I weighed in at 158lbs which offically marks me back in the "normal-weight" range for my BMI (24.7)

I had been in serious denial about being considered overweight due to my BMI, and I always still considered myself normal weight (even though I KNEW I was pushing chubby) but now it feels good to be back in that range. At the rate I was going, I didn't think I'd see the 150's again, but now that I see them I am wishing for the 140's! I hope they don't stay too long on the scale

I can't believe in 3 more pounds that I've already lost 20lbs and I still have another 25 to go. That is ridiculous! I don't think I plan to stray very far from LCing for quite a while, because it works and if I am craving something HC I can always find a recipe for the LC version and it still leaves me satisfied without the bloated feeling. Love this!

I think regardless on Tuesday if I lose more weight, I will start my clean induction just to compare my weight loss with that to my previous weeks of "OWL". I haven't decided if I am going to do a mini-fast or not today so we'll see how the day plays. I have to finish my stupid paper due at 5pm so hopefully that will only take 1-2 hours at most (so its a good thing its raining out).

OH yes, I decided against joining the gym due to the fact my mom decided to change her mind and not join with me (making my fees for gym and tanning around $46/month) and with being a poor college student, that just can't happen... However, we live close to some nature trails and a lake with a paved trail so I figure on my days off I will go rollerblading around a lake or pop in my yoga DVD, fresh air is better anyways!

Well until later

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-09-2011 at 09:42 AM..
Old 05-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Subscribing! Great progress so far!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Subscribing! Great progress so far!
Haha welcome to my Journal Christine! Thanks for commenting
Old 05-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Laid back night

Was a laid back night tonight, not much happened....almost forgot to put in my food for the day

Weekly weigh in is tommorow, hoping I can peel off a little bit more so my weekly loss is a little more impressive-but the scale doesn't lie so I can only hope for good results.

Food-

Lunch (1:30pm)
-1 Taco salad
-1 Diet Sundrop
Snack (2:30pm)
-1 Mini cheesecake
-1 Diet Sundrop
Snack (4:00pm)
-1 String cheese
-2 Hot dogs w/1 tbsp. LC ketchup
-1 LC tortilla
-1/2 oz. Pork rinds
-1 Diet pepsi
Snack (8:30pm)
-1 Raspberry Iced Mocha
-40+ oz. water throughout the day

Total = 1,242kcal, 68.4 (25%) protein, 76g (62%) fat, 34.9g (13%) carbs, 13.9g fiber, 21g (7%) net carbs, 2951mg sodium

Not bad for the day, tommorow I am meeting a friend for dinner at Applebees, I scouted their menu and I think the best option for me is going to be the buffalo wings (around 8g net carbs) which I will be okay with since I had planned on having those for lunch today but couldn't.

Also, tommorow apart from the buffalo wings, is the start of my "clean induction" and I am actually excited to start it....which is beyond weird. WHO gets excited to go on a diet I just figure since I already have practically diminished cravings on breads and sweets that this re-induction probably will be pretty easy--hoping to stay on it for at least a week, if the weight loss is a lot better than my current loss, probably 2 weeks

Goodnight World.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:37 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Raspberry Mocha sounds good!!!

And hey, I get excited about weird diet stuff all the time. Today, for example, I was excited about my weigh-in on another thread. This month, I've been excited about clean eating. I admit to being very weird, though.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Raspberry Mocha sounds good!!!

And hey, I get excited about weird diet stuff all the time. Today, for example, I was excited about my weigh-in on another thread. This month, I've been excited about clean eating. I admit to being very weird, though.
The raspberry iced mocha was my little creation since I love iced coffee, especially when its warm out, but hate worrying about excess sugar and an almost $4 for 1 little drink.

I used about 6 oz. brewed dark roast coffee, 1/4 cup SF soymilk (although I think HWC would be amazing in this), 1 tbsp. SF Raspberry sryup, 1tbsp. SF chocolate syrup, 2 tsp. SF cocoa powder, 1-2 tsp. Truvia, and Ice. Blend til creamy and then top with 1 tbsp. Reddi Whip) It all came in under 60kcals and less then 2g net carbs. I think I will be having one for lunch

Also, at least I am not the only one to get excited for a diet haha. I am not excited about doing the diet per-say but am excited to compare my results from my proper induction to my technically OWL way of eating previously. So yay for us!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Not quite an impressive week

So today marks the completion of 5-weeks eating on the LC lifestyle and all I can say is wow! When I originally set out to do this, I really did think of it more as a diet and I set a time frame of 6 weeks for myself to get to my goal weight, then after 1-2 weeks LCing I changed my time frame (because I obviously can't lose 45lbs in 6 weeks) from 6-12 weeks in order to reach my goal. Now once I hit my goal I really think that I will enter a different approach to eating, and start going up the rungs to OWL, Pre-maintenence, and maintenence properly instead of throwing it all away once I hit my goal (which I thought I'd be able to do).

It doesn't make me upset that its taking longer to lose weight than I had previously hypothesized, but actually kind of grateful that this WOE is really working for me, and its not hard at all to stick to (sometimes it just calls for a little creativity). Now I find myself eating more vegetables than previously, a better variety of foods (whereas previously it felt like a monotony of fast food...Mcdonalds, Taco Bell, Mcdonalds, Wendys, Mcdonalds, etc...), eating more polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, Im drinking less diet soda and drinking more water, and I just generally have a better outlook on life and feel better in my body--which is IMO priceless.

Today I weighed in at +.8lb more than yesterday (158.8) but I am still happy to see the 158's. I ate a LC tortilla yesterday and I really think its the culprit for the weight gain because the other night when I had one I was also up on the scale the next day. But its a sad day in tortilla land today because I am putting those, my mini cheesecakes , and some other non-induction friendly foods in the freezer--where in 1-2 weeks I can enjoy them again. Besides who needs to eat 14 mini cheesecakes all by themself!

My weekly weight loss is the smallest its been since I've started (a measly 1.4lbs) so its a good time to re-induct.

Also, looking at my weight chart, even though somedays it feels like 1 step forward 2 steps back it really is making a difference keeping myself accountable EVERY day.

The first chart I included is my overall weight loss in 5 weeks (in 1 week increments-which looks smooth and successful) but really doesnt give an accurate protrayal of what weight loss actually looks like.

The second chart I included is my weight loss in 5 weeks, with a daily weight. Which in my opinion is far more interesting but really does show weight loss as it actually is. Some days up, some days down.

Well off to enjoy the nice day outside, freeze my OWL foods, and cook some bacon and eggs for induction. Be back later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Overall weight loss.jpg (23.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 5 week weight loss.jpg (31.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 05-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Good night. Going out to dinner with one of my closest friends was awesome tonight, great to let off some steam with her and relax. Induction was easy to stick to as well. Hats off to another 6 days. Hoping for a lose tommorow

-5 oz. Tuna w/mayo, relish, & mustard
-1.5 Cups mixed lettuce w/cucumber & tomato
-1 String cheese
-21 oz. water
-1 Diet Sundrop
Snack (4:00pm)
-14 Pepperoni's
-1 Raspberry Iced Coffee
-21 oz. water
Dinner(7:00pm)
-9 buffalo wings w/bleu cheese
-5 celery sticks
-20 oz. water

Total= 1190kcal, 95g (33%) protein, 77.4g (60%) fat, 21.6g (7%) cabs, 5.1g fiber, 16.5g (3.5%) net carbs, 3277mg sodium.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:16 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job, Mariah!

I love your charts. Mine look very similar. The up/down daily measures are useful, but I really like looking over the long term to see the downward trend. Very motivating!

And thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try that.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Down today wohoo

Down -.4/b today which I attribute to a a successful induction and lots of water!

Gunna keep on trucking today through induction, I am really excited to make dinner tonight (again WHO gets excited for diet food) so weird...but I am making a LC Meatloaf w/Cauliflower Mash and Steamed Veggies *Yumm*

Also, gunna try to make the Diet Soda BBQ Sauce and see how that works, I am skeptical but I love BBQ sauce...

My ketostix surprisingly were reading purple/dark purple so apparently this is working.

Going to try and finish up most of my online class today so I can be done sooner than later as well. Then I am not sure what I am going to do--I am feeling antsy so I might go enjoy the weather outside or clean my chinchilla's cage.

Hoping again for some loss tommorow (I would love to see 4-5lbs gone after this week!)

Off to enjoy my Wednesday
Old 05-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Early Dinner

I had an early dinner tonight due to my antsiness to try out my recipe. I also made a LC BBQ sauce using Diet Soda which turned out alright (although a little thick) I think I need to reasess when I make it next time, but right now I am happy with 2 cups of my lovely homemade sauce. My net carbs for today are one of the lowest they have been throughout my journey and Im alright with it! I hope the scales alright with it too tommorow

I am having the weirdest cravings though right now, and one is for kraft mac and cheese (which I used to eat all the time) and I dont know why but I am just really craving that fake cheesy sauce. Also, a few weeks ago I really wanted oatmeal w/raisins and brown sugar (I never eat oatmeal!) so I think its just horomones, but its strange nontheless

-2 eggs w-1/2 oz. colby cheese & 1/2 tbsp. butter
-4 slices turkey bacon
-1/2 tsp syrup (not allowed but it was a teeny tiny amount and I factored it in)
-1 Diet Sundrop
-21 oz. Water
-1 string cheese
-1 Diet Pepsi
Dinner (5:15pm)
-4 oz. Meat Loaf
-1 Cup Cauliflower Mash
-2 tbsp. SF BBQ Sauce
-1 Diet Pepsi
-40 oz. water

Total = 1,190kcal, 84.2g (29%) protein, 85.8g (66%) fat, 15.5g (6%) carbs, 3.9g fiber, 11.6g (4%) net carbs, 3000mg sodium.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:36 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had the oatmeal cravings before, too! Weird.

Also, on the "weird diet excitement" subject, please note that for the whole week, I've been *excited* to get out of bed and weigh myself.

Come on. Really???? That's weird.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I had the oatmeal cravings before, too! Weird.

Also, on the "weird diet excitement" subject, please note that for the whole week, I've been *excited* to get out of bed and weigh myself.

Come on. Really???? That's weird.
Lol, I am glad to hear I am not alone on the oatmeal cravings and also for the weighing excitement. I get excited to weigh myself, but my excitement often turns to rage when I experience a gain
Old 05-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

I Love Induction.

I am loving Induction, although I am only on day 3, but the results so far are nice. Down -1lb today

I really think having the nuts right away, lots of sugar alcohols, and not drinking enough water really was slowing my weight loss down. Its nice to see the scale moving steadily in the right direction.

Tonight I have to go to work, and the work pants I usually wear are wayyy too big on me so I pulled out a pair of pants from my drawer that still had the tags on them that were so small when I first bought them, but alas they fit today woohoo! No muffin top and theres actually a little room on the waist band. My work shirt is also big on me so I am sure I will have to go out and buy a new one soon. I remember hardly being able to button this thing up in December so this is awesome!

I am sure my weight loss will begin to slow again soon, but right now I am riding the wave of induction and it feels good! Ideally, to catch up with my mini goals I set for myself I would love to see 151lbs on the scale by Tuesday but thats 7.5lbs and I just don't think thats going to happen in 5 days (however I would be delighted with 154-155lbs). Once I get to 155 I am going to take another progress pic and see if I notice any difference, and I hope that I do because that marks a -20lb loss ::WHOA:: I really can't believe that I had that much to lose! Its crazy at how blind I was when I was 175-180lbs, I was convinced I was still a normal weight and that I wasn't getting fat when I really was. Awh well, only downhill from here

My food is going to be fast and easy today since I am lazy and work until 7, leftover meatloaf & cauliflower, string cheese, and probably chicken and veggies tonight. Off to work....
Old 05-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Easy night at work tonight. The only issue I had was eating later than I normally do, and to tide me over I ate an Atkins bar around 7:30, and even though I know they're allowed on induction I was really trying to stay away from them. Hopefully eating late and my Atkins bar doesnt mess with my weight tommorow.

Lunch(12:30pm)

-4 oz. Meat loaf
-1 Cup Cauliflower Mash
-1 Diet Sundrop
-10 oz. Water
Snack(3:00pm)
-1 string cheese
Snack (7:30pm)
-1 Atkins Bar
-21 oz. Water
Dinner (8:00pm)
-2 Buffalo Chicken Wings
-1/4 Chicken
-2 tbsp. Ranch Dressing
-1 Diet Sundrop
-30+ oz. Water

Total = 1,353 kcal, 98.7g (30%) protein, 88.2g (60%) fat, 33.4g carbs, 14.8g fiber, 18.6g (5%) net carbs, 3320mg sodium.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Its Friday, Friday, Friday--Gotta Get Down on Friday!

Happy Friday the 13th!

Up a little bit today, around +.4/lb which I was sort of expecting (all good things must come to an end ). According to my weight trends, I haven't had a loss more than 2+ days in a row (other than my first week) since I began LCing, so this isn't a strange occurance. I am hoping for ~155lbs by Tuesday, and I usually see more of a loss after the weekend, so lets hope induction will work its magic.

Had some issues falling asleep last night (even after 3 Valerian Root Pills, 2 L-Tryptophan pills, & 1 Nyquil) and I think its probably due to a spat between me and a 'friend'. I need some space for him, and he's upset about the fact that I've been distant, but I am tired of bringing up the same issues over and over and I don't think he quite understands. I told him we can talk about it after the weekend, due to the fact that I don't want to ruin his weekend (he is visiting old college friends for graduation). But still not really looking forward to our talk....

Going over to the BF's tonight, I think we are going to take a trip to get some new speakers for his car, maybe have a movie night tonight, and probably get dinner--Im hoping for a relaxing night. He graduates in about a week and I am so proud of him, he took a year longer because he transfered half way through his college career and today he has a job interview over the phone today at a company my aunt works. His degree is in computer science, and I am really hoping they give him an in-person interview or a job because he is so smart and he deserves it. This company previously interviewed him during college for a different position and offered him a job, but due to the crazy hours he was unable to take it. So I'm hoping they remember him and still like him--also having a connection isn't half bad either

I think food is probably going to be easy today, I like to keep my induction foods easy, and well, I'm lazy. So I am thinking lunch is going to be eggs & bacon, snack is a string cheese and maybe a SF Jell-O, and then probably a bunless burger or chx sandwich w/ a salad for dinner. Gunna try and drink as much water as possible, and limit my sugar alcohols.

That is all

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-13-2011 at 09:52 AM..
Old 05-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Not much to say about tonight, had a good night with the BF.

Heres my food:

-2 Eggs w-1/2 tbsp. butter & 1/2 oz. cheese
-4 Slices Turkey Bacon
-1 Diet Sundrop
Snack (2:00pm)
-1 String Cheese
-1 Greek Salad w/Chx (calories & carbs estimated)
-1 Diet Dr. Pepper
-21 oz. water

Total = 1,058kcal, 78.3g (30%) protein, 70.9g (61%) fat, 21.9g (8%) carbs, 3.6g fiber, 18.3g (7%) net carbs, 2497mg sodium
Old 05-14-2011, 02:32 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck to your BF!!! I hope he gets the job!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good luck to your BF!!! I hope he gets the job!
Thanks Christine, he said he rocked his phone interview so he just has to wait for them to call him back for an in-person one. Crossing my fingers for him!
Old 05-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Excited for tonight :)

I work tonight, but that is not what I am excited for haha. After work I am going to a movie with 4 of my best girlfriends to go see Bridesmaids. It looks hilarious! So I am thinking it will really be a good time.

Dinner might be tricky tonight since I dont get off until 7:15, and I am meeting them at 8 to change and get ready for the movie. I might have to stop at McDonalds or something on my way home and just get a bunless burger and a Diet Coke. I don't want to have to eat another atkins bar because I dont want them to be a part of my induction menu just yet (because last time I gained the next day). I also think my friends are getting dinner prior to the movie and so I won't have time to eat before the movie unless I stop and get something. But if theres a will there's a way, I am sure I won't go hungry.

Also, down -1/lb today!

155 is so close I can almost taste it! Once I get down to 150 I will be quite proud of myself because then I will match my weight on my drivers license! Wohoo I actually changed the weight on my license when I turned 21 from 135 to 150 sadly, so I am hoping by the time I am 25 (2 years) I can put back in 130-135 (Or Lower!)

I am still a week behind in my mini-goals but I really can't complain since I am still losing pretty steadily. I bet once I get down to the 140's weight loss is really going to come to a standstill, every other time I have dieted and get down this low that usually happens. Then I get frustrated, throw in the towel, and gain it all back. BUT not this time! I am determined to stick to this plan in order to not regain it all back, I want to follow my transition into OWL & premaintenence smoothly so I can keep my goal weight for as long as possible.

Im gunna probably eat a larger snack before I go to work to tide me over until my bunless burger, so food shall be quick and fast today (eggs, bacon, string cheese, SF Jell-O, bunless burger, etc...)

Off to enjoy a cloudy Saturday
Old 05-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

So the movie Bridesmaids was hilarious! Highly reccomend everyone seeing it. Food was really strange tonight because I didn't realize my friends were waiting for me to go out to dinner, so I ended up eating twice. However I was still under my carb limit and right around my daily calories. My only concern is how late we ate, we ate around 8:30-8:45 and I hate eating this late because I notice I either gain or stall the next day on the scale.

Also, one of my friends asked if I had lost weight, and told me that I looked really good, definite plus

-2 Eggs w-1/2 tbsp. butter & 1 oz. cheese
-4 slices turkey bacon
-1/2 tsp. syrup
-1 Diet Mountain Dew
-10 oz. water
Snack (2:00pm)
-1 String Cheese
-1 SF Jell-O
-21 oz. water
Dinner (8:30pm)
-1 Mcdouble (Sans Bun & Pickles)
-6 Buffalo wings w-Bleu Cheese
-24 oz. Water
-1 Diet Coke

Totals = 1,294 kcal, 92.8g (28%) protein, 97.5g (67%) fat, 13.9g (4%) carbs, 1.7g fiber, 12.2g (4%) net carbs, 3172mg sodium.