LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
you day sounded relaxing! Another relaxing day on tap?

We had a family birthday party/reunion with like 40peeps yesterday. carrying over today at another sil house and MORE people with all the family PLUS nephews friends etc (his party)
foodies all pretty good except a cookie or two that I let. Same plan for today. Instead of my refeed.

I need a nap and I havent started my day..We got home at 2am, bed at 3 and woke at 8:30..I feel hung over and I dont drink! ha.... Trying to get more caffeine/ energy to train lower body today.. Might need to pop a caf tablet. oy..
Yes, it's good to relax now and then, isn't it? Today I have some work to do (that I put off yesterday), but otherwise quiet and peaceful.

That family birthday sounds like a lot of fun. Great memories! A cookie or two should prove to be NO PROBLEM. You seem to have excellent control when it comes to portion control. (Do you even HAVE trigger foods???)

Hope you get your nap...and I have on occasion used SuperPump 250 for an extra kick when I'm low on energy for whatever reason. I don't use it routinely. I have the same can that I bought several months ago, and there's still plenty in it. But it's nice to have it if I need it.

And as for more caffeine? Well, this JavaDiva needs her caffeine too, and I will make no excuses. I gotta have my yummy coffee. Always.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by westiesam View Post
Hi Twyla
I love Little Caesars breadsticks - never had the pepperoni bread yet - I'll have to try it sometime!

I started my weight lifting the other day and was surprised how enjoyable it was -- I use to lift years ago - but just lost the habit - and at my age I know I need that as much as the cardio. Now I just need to get my behind out of bed earlier in the morning to do my cardo before I head off to work -- then I'll be on the right track.....

Glad to hear this, Sharon! I think you'll find that the more often you do it, and the more you begin to challenge yourself and it becomes a habit, the more you'll find you can't do without it.
It makes such a huge difference in how we feel, how we look in our clothes (and naked!) and how it affects our daily activities.
And it really CHANGES our metabolism!

Every little bit helps as we begin making small changes.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #213

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
I might have some super pump that i got free with my gaspari protein powder. Never used it though.. I did take a 1/2 caffiene tablet before i left for the gym to add to the coffee.. just needed a wee bit more of a bump lol.. . 5 rep sets of sumo dl's need something! I was tired but trained. Only pulled 205 as i also chose to deload this week.. Vacation next week and NO training..

No trigger per say.. just at times when cals get too low, i just want anything. Ice cream is a favorite. Today should be fine as im allowing higher carbs.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #214

Quote:
I might have some super pump that i got free with my gaspari protein powder. Never used it though.. I did take a 1/2 caffiene tablet before i left for the gym to add to the coffee.. just needed a wee bit more of a bump lol.. . 5 rep sets of sumo dl's need something! I was tired but trained. Only pulled 205 as i also chose to deload this week.. Vacation next week and NO training..

No trigger per say.. just at times when cals get too low, i just want anything. Ice cream is a favorite. Today should be fine as im allowing higher carbs.
You, ice cream too?

Well, enjoy it today, hard-working woman!

Today is National Ice Cream Day!!!

(Good job on those dl's!)
Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 AM   #215

Updating Sunday:

(Saturday night, I did end up going for a run. It was beautiful and peaceful out, and I had plenty of energy. No reason not to. Running is a euphoric experience for me most of the time, but esp at times like these. A nightcap sort of thing for the day. About 28 mins total.)

Sunday, although it was supposed to be low cal and low carb in my rotations, it wasn't as low as I was aiming for, but it wasn't bad either, given my energy expenditures for the past couple of days:

Nutrition:

CALS....1696
PROT.....130
CARBS.... 73
FIBER .....17
FAT.........89

50 MINS S/S CARDIO

I will begin Callanetics shortly....when my coffee mug is empty.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #216

MONDAY:

NUTRITION:

CALS…….1812
PROT ….154
CARBS….91
FIBER……22
FAT………96

Macros yesterday were all screwed up. I'd like to blame it on the heat....lack of sufficient sleep...stress....??? Tried to keep it low cal and low carb, but the hungries were controlling all day, and my guess is because I’ve been at too large of a deficit in recent days. I ended up grazing after dinner (tracking not accounted for), so I know that I need to up the calories a bit today, when it counts – training day, not on non-training days.

EXERCISE:

45 MINS SUPER CALLANETICS
20 MINS S/S CARDIO

84 degrees at 9:30 last night.
75 degrees at 5:30 this morning.

God pity the people who don’t have AC …
thankfully I’m a morning person and can (prefer to!) get my workouts in early.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Balance101
Stats: 207/197/140
WOE: hHcg
Start Date: 10/7/13

It's hot here too! I did an image search for hot and just got a bunch of sexy women with big boobs, so I decided to go with, "melting".
STAY COOL!
Balance101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #218

91 in ga! Love it! LOL not to run in though!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Hey Twyla!

(and Ileen! and Corey! )

Trying hard to get caught up here after being MIA for two weeks - not an easy task.

Looks like LG is going well for you, T!
Firm Hottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #220

Corey....hot girls and big boobs, huh? I guess HOT has become quite the hononym. Loosely used, overused, etc. How about "sweltering"...? (Nah, I liked your choice -- the ice cube-- better anyway.)

Ileen...you're already used to this stuff, know that? No fair. I can never think of Georgia without thinking of Michael Bolton singing "Georgia On My Mind." Play that again...and again...and again...ohsogood.

Welcome back, Laura...you were missed. Looking forward to pics.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #221

Dunno, but Georgia on my mind will always be a Ray Charles song to me.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #222

Quote:
Dunno, but Georgia on my mind will always be a Ray Charles song to me.
Yes, RC gets the credit for this song, obviously. But ever since I heard (and watched) Michael Bolton sing this song live, it will be forever stuck in my mind...it's such a passionate song anyway, but to watch and listen to him sing that song...wow...he puts his whole heart, soul, body, mind into that performance...JUST i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e.

Michael Bolton's version of When A Man Loves a Woman is another example of how he can maximize on a song that rightfully belongs to someone else. I adore Percy Sledge's classic version too. They're both great. Just have added their own personal signatures to those songs.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 AM   #223

TUESDAY:

Training day. Delt circuit. Began with 10 mins s/s cardio, 35 mins of training, ended with 10 additional mins of s/s low intensity cardio.

Dragging all day. Hungry all day. Finally decided: IT'S TIME. I need a refeed. In addition to my balanced meals earlier in the day, I enjoyed Cheerios, some fat-free ice cream, a slice of cake, popcorn, fruit, oats, No-Bake Proat-ein Bars, and a couple squares of Godiva 85% dark chocolate. I made sure I was good-n-full. Then slept like a baby -- UNTIL 7:00 A.M. this morning.

All systems go and ready to move forward. Low carb day for the next two days. Training back and biceps tomorrow morning.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Yes, RC gets the credit for this song, obviously. But ever since I heard (and watched) Michael Bolton sing this song live, it will be forever stuck in my mind...it's such a passionate song anyway, but to watch and listen to him sing that song...wow...he puts his whole heart, soul, body, mind into that performance...JUST i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e.

Michael Bolton's version of When A Man Loves a Woman is another example of how he can maximize on a song that rightfully belongs to someone else. I adore Percy Sledge's classic version too. They're both great. Just have added their own personal signatures to those songs.

I'll google and see if it comes ups
Old 07-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #225

refeed sounds yummy! hope that helps.. hate dragging!

Does LG recommend fat on refeeds or you just keep it at xx grams. Mine are usually to be less than 50g (i think that is lyles type recommendation)
Old 07-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #226

Quote:
I'll google and see if it comes ups
‪Michael Bolton Georgia On My Mind Sooo Good.wmv‬‏ - YouTube

This "version" of his performance, though not shown live, is the one I both heard and saw live years ago...he ROCKED this song, just like THIS.

My most favorite dynamics are at 3:48 on the counter, and forward...ohmercy. (Gotta love the sax solo too!)
Old 07-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #227

Quote:
refeed sounds yummy! hope that helps.. hate dragging!

Does LG recommend fat on refeeds or you just keep it at xx grams. Mine are usually to be less than 50g (i think that is lyles type recommendation)
LG talks about refeeds from varied context. I think LG doesn't stress the very low fat content on full-blown "refeeds" as much as you would expect, although it is emphasized throughout the site that when carbs are INCREASED, fat is DECREASED.

I always try to keep my fat grams 50 or below on refeed days, if I can. I didn't track as carefully last night. It wasn't a planned refeed, and so I just sort of let it happen, with a mindful eye toward choosing lower to no-fat food choices.

There is just something SO satisfying to me about Cheerios and skim milk. It is a favorite, clean-carb indulgence for me. Simple pleasures? Yep. It's on my happy list.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #228

thanks for the link

I LOVE chocolate chex and tiny bit of milk or almond milk.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #229

Quote:
thanks for the link

I LOVE chocolate chex and tiny bit of milk or almond milk.
You know what, I've not tried the choc Chex. I must. I have a feeling it will be true love. You're the one who got me started on those Chex Turtle bars for a post-workout quickly-digested carb indulgence. Now THAT'S what Imatalkinbout.

Strategically timed indulgences are worth every ounce of iron lifted, pushed or pulled, no? Yeah, baby.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #230

Old 07-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #231

Quote:
You know what, I've not tried the choc Chex. I must. I have a feeling it will be true love. You're the one who got me started on those Chex Turtle bars for a post-workout quickly-digested carb indulgence. Now THAT'S what Imatalkinbout.

Strategically timed indulgences are worth every ounce of iron lifted, pushed or pulled, no? Yeah, baby.
most of the markets around here arent stocking it any more(Target does though). I like that its gluten free. I try to avoid it.

Had the turtle bars once or twice but avoid them other than once in a blue moon. I know a lot of LBC peeps eat them pwo but the 'treats' dont fill me and i prefer to stick to whole food.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCinSC
Stats: 314/274.5/180 6'0"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 6/1/2011 at 282 lbs
Hi Twyla!
I've been spending some time reading through your first journal, as you were working your way to goal. I wanted to thank you for it - yesterday I was on the couch with a pulled back muscle and I just wanted to eat, but instead I read through your journal, and your thoughts and struggles and the way you were figuring things out for yourself. It really helped me. You have the best mindset, and it made me take a moment and wonder why I wanted to eat, and I realized I was bored and sad about my back, not hungry. So I ate on plan, and the scale moved down a little more today.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know words you wrote years ago are still helping people. I hope you have a great day!

Labor Day Challenge Goal: 250! Starting July 5!
280 279 278 277 276 275.8 275 274 273 272 271 270 269 268 267 266 265 264 263 262 261 260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250
LCinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Balance101
Stats: 207/197/140
WOE: hHcg
Start Date: 10/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCinSC View Post
Hi Twyla!
I've been spending some time reading through your first journal, as you were working your way to goal. I wanted to thank you for it - yesterday I was on the couch with a pulled back muscle and I just wanted to eat, but instead I read through your journal, and your thoughts and struggles and the way you were figuring things out for yourself. It really helped me. You have the best mindset, and it made me take a moment and wonder why I wanted to eat, and I realized I was bored and sad about my back, not hungry. So I ate on plan, and the scale moved down a little more today.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know words you wrote years ago are still helping people. I hope you have a great day!
So true. I still read the old journal as well as keep up with the new one. Thanks Twyla! Great pic btw!
Balance101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCinSC View Post
Hi Twyla!

Hi, Stephanie. Glad to know that you were able to show discernment yesterday with your mind games. Our minds often tell us we're hungry when our bodies really aren't. It CAN be mental. In fact, winning, they say, BEGINS in the mind. Congrats on that resolve and discipline you showed -- it paid off!

I'm glad my weight loss journal was helpful for you. I find it helpful for ME too at times. It's like my "tool box" at times, using the experiences and lessons learned in times past to help me work through similar hurdles that I may go through now from time to time. It's why I feel that keeping a journal is so beneficial. I use my journal mostly (or try to) as a means of recording hints, exercise, nutrition, tips, advice, what's worked, what hasn't, etc. It's good to be able to look back through and search out a solution to a dilemma I've faced in times past. And knowing that it has served to help others with THEIR hurdles makes it even more gratifying to me.

That's also why I chose to retain the link to my first journal on Page 1 of my newer journal, to keep easy access to it indefinitely. My journey evolved over a period of time as I gained experience and knowledge with learning to eat to meet my body's needs, grow stronger, more fit, etc.

I hope your back feels better...I'll head your way in a bit to share something with you about that.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #235

WEDNESDAY UPDATE:

My aim was to keep it lower in cals and as "low as I can stand it" on carbs, following Tuesday's refeed. Success.

My body was still feeling tired yesterday evening, even after sleeping in till 7:00 am, so I gave in to an after-work nap, which I planned on lasting a half hour or so -- not. It turned into 1.5 hr nap. Thankfully my sons did not interrupt me and allowed me to sleep soundly and peacefully. My bedroom is right over the garage, and oftentimes when I lie down for an afternoon nap, I'm awakened by the repetitive sound of the speed bag in the garage -- not exactly conducive to sound sleep.

The heat had to have an effect on my energy too, I would imagine. It was 95 degrees on my drive home from work yesterday. It hit 97 briefly. Pulling in the driveway and exiting my vehicle, I felt my body was moving in slow motion, heavy and weighted down. The air felt like somebody blowing a blow dryer in my face.

My last meal was eaten at 7:15.

Given my fatigue and the heat, I made a conscious decision to allow Wednesday to be a full rest day. Good choice. My body felt tons better this morning on my way to the gym, far more energy, and raring to get back at it.

Nutrition yesterday:

CALS.........1491
PROT..........115
CARBS..........33
FIBER...........12
FAT.............102
Old 07-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #236

Quote:
Had the turtle bars once or twice but avoid them other than once in a blue moon. I know a lot of LBC peeps eat them pwo but the 'treats' dont fill me and i prefer to stick to whole food.
Just to be clear, not confusing, I don't eat them regularly either. Agreed, once in a BLUE MOON. I too stick to the cleaner, purer type complex carbs most always.

But they're a go-to indulgence when I have the occasional refeed.

Back when btinc first introduced me to CKD/TKD, and I was keeping very low carbs all week then refeeding on Saturdays, that's when I enjoyed them most because I wanted that RUSH of simple sugar to spike my insulin deliberately, and since they were low in fat and fiber, it was a great choice. That, along with pretzels, bagels, rice krispies, etc.

I just remembered reading on LBC forum of the users there having them post-workout, and that's when I gave it a go...and it was TRUE LOVE. They're mighty tasty!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #237

Thursday was a training day -- back and biceps. I was the first one in the gym that morning, and I had it all to myself, making it easy to transition with a circuit in a limited amount of time. I began with a back circuit (metabolic), and the plan was to end with two exercises (x 3 sets) for biceps, in this order so as not to exhaust my strength on the smaller muscle group first. No more than 10-15 secs were wasted in between each exercise on the back circuit. By the time I got to my third set of the circuit, my hands and wrists were tingling and aching and I could feel myself losing grip strength, even with my Gripps. This alarmed me. I finished the circuit, strength taxed, and threw in a couple sets of leg presses and speed squats, varying positions, to give my upper body a break before finishing with biceps. As it turns out, I couldn't finish all sets of the biceps. Barely made a dent.

Fearing I had injured myself or done something wrong, I did a little digging and research, which only confused me more. Then I shared this experience with my middle son, who is far more exp'd at weight training than I am, and he laughed at me. HE LAUGHED AT ME. HE LAUGHED. (Insert rolled eyes) He assured me that losing grip strength is normal and happens all the time when you're doing pull exercises, esp in a circuit, and esp at more taxing weight and intensity. I began to think...Hmmm....I suppose I've never done a full-blown back circuit uninterrupted before.

Time to exhale. Fears released. Lesson learned. Confidence restored.

I may rethink the way I train back the next time.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 07-23-2011 at 05:07 AM..
Old 07-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #238

Friday was an all cardio day. I got up early to thumb my nose at the Heat Wave Demons that have been on the attack for the last several days. I had my coffee, allowed myself to wake up a bit, and then did 45 mins of low intensity jogging and walking intervals.

It was a low carb day. Although I didn't track nutrition after midday, I would guess my total carbs for the day were roughly 40-50. My cals were on the lower side, roughly 1500.

I've been reading a lot lately --re-reading--. I wish my brain were more scientifically adapted. I may be extremely inquisitive, but that certainly isn't any contest for analytical proficiency in my case. It's one thing to know. I want to know AND know WHY. And I want the "whys" to stick, to stay and be absorbed into my gray matter long term. Ugh. What a struggle for me. So I read. And read and read and read and read, an aggregate attempt at collecting and dissecting the information, with the hope of it eventually LOCKING in for the long haul.

I was having a discussion with friends the other day, and they were talking about a recent power outage we'd had, and how they had missed their favorite TV shows. I remarked that it had been so long since my TV had been turned on that I had to refamiliarlize myself with the channel lineup in order to get a local weather report. I rarely, rarely watch TV. Give me something to read in my "down time." The TV? They can have it.

So armed with a bit more knowledge today than yesterday, or the day before, I'm looking forward to my morning workout at the gym. It's a high carb day for me. My plan is to attempt to eat 75-80% of my calories and carbs in the meal following my workout, then taper the following two meals of the day. Today will be lower body and triceps. A bit of core work.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:12 AM   #239

Quote:
Thursday was a training day -- back and biceps. I was the first one in the gym that morning, and I had it all to myself, making it easy to transition with a circuit in a limited amount of time. I began with a back circuit (metabolic), and the plan was to end with two exercises (x 3 sets) for biceps, in this order so as not to exhaust my strength on the smaller muscle group first. No more than 10-15 secs were wasted in between each exercise on the back circuit. By the time I got to my third set of the circuit, my hands and wrists were tingling and aching and I could feel myself losing grip strength, even with my Gripps. This alarmed me. I finished the circuit, strength taxed, and threw in a couple sets of leg presses and speed squats, varying positions, to give my upper body a break before finishing with biceps. As it turns out, I couldn't finish all sets of the biceps. Barely made a dent.

Fearing I had injured myself or done something wrong, I did a little digging and research, which only confused me more. Then I shared this experience with my middle son, who is far more exp'd at weight training than I am, and he laughed at me. HE LAUGHED AT ME. HE LAUGHED. (Insert rolled eyes) He assured me that losing grip strength is normal and happens all the time when you're doing pull exercises, esp in a circuit, and esp at more taxing weight and intensity. I began to think...Hmmm....I suppose I've never done a full-blown back circuit uninterrupted before.

Time to exhale. Fears released. Lesson learned. Confidence restored.

I may rethink the way I train back the next time.
That circuit style training is depleting. I often have to lower my wt to keep up the intensity. That's ok. Coach has a shoulder circuit he throws in and man, you think you're dying especially after sets of heavier shoulders prior!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:13 AM   #240

Quote:
I was having a discussion with friends the other day, and they were talking about a recent power outage we'd had, and how they had missed their favorite TV shows. I remarked that it had been so long since my TV had been turned on that I had to refamiliarlize myself with the channel lineup in order to get a local weather report. I rarely, rarely watch TV. Give me something to read in my "down time." The TV? They can have it.
we are much the same. I dvr a few shows and then mostly spend my time reading, researching etc.. I have to make myself devote time to just normal casual reading too lol.