Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 04:01 AM   #1501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Your boys always sound so loving and close. Isn't that fantastic?

Thank you T for the kick. I feel re-energized today.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #1502
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Your boys always sound so loving and close. Isn't that fantastic?

Thank you T for the kick. I feel re-energized today.
To be so macho, they really do seem to connect well with each other in their own individualized ways.

Having Gavin home last weekend and his silly goofiness (I love that infectious spontaneity that he exudes), so unlike Colton's cool, badass-ness, the contrast was so much more apparent now that they've grown older.

And then there's Zach ... how I adore him. I don't deserve a son like that.

Glad you're feeling THE ENERGY today.

Yesssssss!
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:11 AM   #1503

Exhausted after getting home from my son's track meet last night around 9:30 or so. It started at 4:45. Four hours. FOUR. Painfully long. So.Many.Teams. Thankfully it didn't rain on us (like last week). They had predicted severe storms, but the front passed before the meet began, so we were spared.

I packed 4 ounces of chicken breast (stewed in seasoning and shredded, my favorite way to prepare it), almonds, and my big ol' water bottle. I had eaten some tuna and green beans, had a glass of wine, earlier in the afternoon after arriving home from work a tad early. Had to let Chessie out, then turn around and drive BACK to the meet. That was my Friday evening. Colton asked to stop at Wendy's on the way home. I knew he'd be starved -- I brought him snacks too, but he never eats them. Food doesn't really interest him much. (Did I really give birth to him?) It's almost a distraction for him, and he eats purely for fuel 98% of the time. The smell of that Baconator and fries was workin' me over. I could feel myself starting to salivate. I pushed through it with mental images of my successful past week(s), and asked myself, do you really want to blow your focus on a temporary food origamiasm with a Baconator? Would that mean more to you than living/seeing the success next week of staying focused and clean and FEELING your best?

That did the trick, the mind games. They work even better if we engage them on a regular basis.

When I came home, I was too tired to prepare anything legal for me. So I had a cup of decaf green tea and a serving of Trutein chocolate pudding with coconut oil -- I can never grow tired of that stuff, and it's SO satisfying. By 10:30 I was ready to tip over from fatigue and headed to bed. I did it. I made it through another day of staying squarely on track.

I was wide awake by 6:30 a.m. this morning. That was the best I could do for sleeping in and getting ample rest.

Today is leg/glute day at the gym. I plan to do leg press, walking lunges, SLR deadlifts, step-ups, and ab work. I need to clean my closets, but I know my butt is gonna wanna be outside instead. Who knows what I'll get into today. I'm in the mood to read. My appetite is voracious for reading right now; better that than food, ja? A friend at the gym recommended a good book to me the other day, so maybe I'll download that to my Kindle and park on the patio today. Colton sleeps till noon, and then he has activities planned with friends, so I'll get lots of me time today!

Old 04-05-2014, 05:56 AM   #1504
Major LCF Poster!

What a good sleep! You really are on this girl. I can hear the cries of "uncle!" from all of your goals as you crush them!

So good to follow along on all of this.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:42 AM   #1505

Yes, good rest!

And more of it to follow on Saturday night. I think I slept for 8.5 hrs Saturday night. I love my bed! I L OOOOOVVVVVEEE my bed. But I have to have the white noise for the perfect night's rest, of course. We have a large turbo fan that drowns out the external and lulls you straight to the Land of Bliss. I welcome that each night!

Good weekend. Really enjoyed the sunshine. A little cool on Saturday, but at least the sun was shining. Was able to have a long and enjoyable visit with my neighbor who'd been in a terrible car accident. Good times for both of us.

The sun shone brighter and warmer on Sunday.

WORKOUTS:

Saturday was leg/glute day. I ended up doing two new exercises that totally nailed it-- instead of the ones I had planned on doing. Only 10 mins cardio, 50 minutes weights.

Sunday - Rest day, but did 12 mins of steady light cardio on the elliptical in the evening, sort of an active rest attempt.

FOOD: I hadn't been able to attach my macros until this morning since the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button hasn't been working, so for now, I'm attaching only Thursday's macros. I'll update later hopefully. But I stayed squarely on track ALL weekend, even with a bit of wine each day. I'm satisfied with my totals on the tracking.

Time for a bit more coffee before heading out the door.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FOOD APR 3 14.jpg (42.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-07-2014, 03:54 AM   #1506
Major LCF Poster!

Fantastic!

This is why you are my mentor in my head. You are up and at it. So motivational!

I hit the gym twice over the weekend (a score for me) and really hit the machines hard. I'm looking forward to progress and leaving the machines behind. The trainer at my gym said the machines are a great starting point, but to progress beyond them as soon as I can.

I was just looking at your stats in your info box and was thinking how interesting it is that if I were your starting weight I'd be a size 8 or 10. That size looks pretty good on me. And now at my current weight I'm a 14 and in a few more pounds will be a 12. Bodies are so different. I think I'm dense; like a brick of gold. Heh!

I hope your workout went fabulous which I convinced it did.

Last edited by DaisyGG; 04-07-2014 at 03:55 AM..
Old 04-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #1507

Quote:
Fantastic!

This is why you are my mentor in my head. You are up and at it. So motivational!

I hit the gym twice over the weekend (a score for me) and really hit the machines hard. I'm looking forward to progress and leaving the machines behind. The trainer at my gym said the machines are a great starting point, but to progress beyond them as soon as I can.

I was just looking at your stats in your info box and was thinking how interesting it is that if I were your starting weight I'd be a size 8 or 10. That size looks pretty good on me. And now at my current weight I'm a 14 and in a few more pounds will be a 12. Bodies are so different. I think I'm dense; like a brick of gold. Heh!

I hope your workout went fabulous which I convinced it did.

Very cool! You made it to the gym TWICE! I agree with your trainer, that you don't want to stay strictly on the machines. Machines are more restrictive for the most part and require less core work. The more you can engage your core to assist in lifting, you allow your muscles to work synergistically rather than in a restricted manner, which can sometimes injure you if done improperly.

I use the machines, but I use them in combo with the free weights, usually a 4:1 ratio of free weights to machines.

I'm thrilled that you were hitting it hard. There's no better way to burn fat than to build the muscle, girl. And you're strengthening your BONES too, which we need at our age! Good for you!

As for the beginning stats thing, that is wild! (I remember yo-yoing between 168-172 about the time I first began with LCF. My lowest weight I'd gotten at that point was like 155 about a year prior.) You're right. You can't go strictly by a number on the scale. You ARE A BRICK(house), GF! But we all knew that already.

I think depending on how much muscle one has can make a huge difference also. One person may outweigh another by 10 lbs and still wear a smaller size of clothing. It's fascinating.

My workout this morning was good -- delts and abs. 16 mins cardio; 45 mins weights

DB LATERAL RAISES
ARNOLD PRESSES
DB SHOULDER PRESSES
REAR LATERAL RAISES
PUSHUPS
LYING INCLINED SINGLE DB RAISES (very light weight)

WEIGHTED INCLINED CRUNCHES
HANGING LEG/HIP RAISES
INCLINED OBLIQUE CRUNCHES

I'd give anything to be able to work out with you on a regular basis. We'd kill it...and you'd learn to love every minute of it!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 04-07-2014 at 09:24 AM..
Old 04-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #1508

Journaling has been an incredibly helpful resource for me over the last several years that I've been doing it. I believe I started journaling in 2008, and it's interesting to see the changes that have taken place in my thought patterns, my food choices, my exercise routines, what I know versus what I knew then, what worked then, and when it didn't--why it didn't.

It has been a bible of sorts for me, every page, every post, every confession, every celebration, every disappointment, every lesson learned.

I've been thinking the last few days of how I had been in denial between the middle of Jan and middle of February, knowing I had gained weight, but trying to convince myself that it couldn't be that bad. Probably only a couple of pounds. Yet I didn't want to FACE the music and get on the scale to prove one way or the other. I wanted to believe I could get by with eating much more, things I wanted, and still keep my weight controlled as long as I was working out. But then even my working out started slacking, and I was finding more and more reasons not to go to the gym.

Getting dressed in the morning for work was when the reality began to set in. Clothes, like mirrors, don't lie. I was choosing from a much smaller selection in my closet each morning, my clothes becoming tighter and tighter. It was depressing. I was pissed in my denial. I refused to believe I had gained as much as I had in that amount of time...8 to 10 weeks.

I remember looking in the back of my closet at my "fat clothes," thinking to myself, "There are those skeletons of my past. I should have burned those boats a long time ago. They will only serve as crutches when I lose more and more resolve. " A part of me wanted to keep them ... just in case THIS happens ... whatever this is.

It dawned on me then. You have outgrown your 4's, your 6's and even some of your 8's are now getting tight. Do you want to look back in that corner and dig out the 10's and the 12's so that you can feel comfortable, the looser fit tricking you into believing that you've not gained as much as you thought because look how loose my clothes are.

Well, for now, at this time in my life, the answer is no. I do not. I want to be able to wear my CURRENT wardrobe. Besides, those other sizes are out of style now anyway, and I can't risk being out of style, now can I? (as good a reason as any for motivation!)

It was me trying to play tricks with my own mind.

And then reality set in: Admit to this, T. Now decide what you wanna do about it.

That was February 3rd, still in the longest and most depressing winter I'd ever been through to date. I wanted change. It was time.

And now, two months later, I'm on my way back.

Search through those lessons over the years...dig out the light bulb moments, and remind yourself that you are the product of your own choices.

Now or never.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #1509
Major LCF Poster!

You have great strength!
Old 04-08-2014, 02:54 AM   #1510

Quote:
You have great strength!
I have great strength....

That leaves me thinking ... hmmm... what did she mean by that....?

My husband loves playing Mr. Philosophical. Oh, Lord, how he loves it. I ask him a question, he asks me another one in answer to my question. It irritates me to death. I think that's why he does it. I'm always going around saying, "Your Honor, please direct the witness to answer the question." So he'd love this elusive statement of yours.

Just sayin' ...

Actually, I totally dig the philosophicals of the world. I can't pretend that my eyes don't open a little wider, or that my eyebrow (the left one) raises just a tad, or that I pause and turn up my radar just a tad. Who am I kidding? I'm bewitched by this personality type. Sucked right in.

On another point, I woke up this morning with a whisper of gratitude and joy in my heart over a little simple pleasure that many people may think I've overreacted to just a little.

It feels wonderful waking up feeling rested, CLEAN and strong in body, clear in mind, and full of energy and focus. The benefits of eating healthy and challenging my body in the gym. These are part of the rewards, and I don't take them for granted. It is a simple pleasure, but I'm thankful.

As I finish up my coffee before heading to the gym, I leave this amusing quote that made me laugh out loud this morning as I was reading it...

Coffee is good and coffee does good. It connects the wires in my brain into the slots where they're supposed to go and makes shouting back at talk radio in the mornings a fun thing. Coffee makes me into an Olympian and I can do an hour walk on the treadmill on a steep incline and as long as the radio is on to permanent hearing damage range, I don't get bored.

- Alexandra, “Good Day Regular People”

Old 04-08-2014, 03:11 AM   #1511
Major LCF Poster!

I wish I was philosophical. I'm not nearly that bright.

I could have fleshed that out a bit. Mostly I meant that you stride forward. Never excuses. Pants too tight? Nip that bad boy right in the butt. (so to speak) Not feeling strong? Not feeling right? Get to the gym. Clean up your eating. Hit it hard. Hit it harder.

That's mostly what I meant. More than mostly.

I'm feeling stronger every day Mz T and a great portion of that is the inspiration I always find in you and how you work your program.

That's what I meant! That's much better yes?

Edited to add: I used to read Good Day Regular People. I stopped years ago. I don't know why!
Old 04-08-2014, 03:42 AM   #1512
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Very cool! You made it to the gym TWICE! I agree with your trainer, that you don't want to stay strictly on the machines. Machines are more restrictive for the most part and require less core work. The more you can engage your core to assist in lifting, you allow your muscles to work synergistically rather than in a restricted manner, which can sometimes injure you if done improperly.

I use the machines, but I use them in combo with the free weights, usually a 4:1 ratio of free weights to machines.

I'm thrilled that you were hitting it hard. There's no better way to burn fat than to build the muscle, girl. And you're strengthening your BONES too, which we need at our age! Good for you!

As for the beginning stats thing, that is wild! (I remember yo-yoing between 168-172 about the time I first began with LCF. My lowest weight I'd gotten at that point was like 155 about a year prior.) You're right. You can't go strictly by a number on the scale. You ARE A BRICK(house), GF! But we all knew that already.

I think depending on how much muscle one has can make a huge difference also. One person may outweigh another by 10 lbs and still wear a smaller size of clothing. It's fascinating.

My workout this morning was good -- delts and abs. 16 mins cardio; 45 mins weights

DB LATERAL RAISES
ARNOLD PRESSES
DB SHOULDER PRESSES
REAR LATERAL RAISES
PUSHUPS
LYING INCLINED SINGLE DB RAISES (very light weight)

WEIGHTED INCLINED CRUNCHES
HANGING LEG/HIP RAISES
INCLINED OBLIQUE CRUNCHES

I'd give anything to be able to work out with you on a regular basis. We'd kill it...and you'd learn to love every minute of it!
I thought I commented on this! Memory, oh where are you??

I have a confession, it's kinda selfish - I love my Pup, but I kinda hate going to the gym with him. He never wants to stay as long as I do (right now anyway??) so going with someone like you (you!) that is there to get busy with it would be a blessing! I am sneaking there today alone for this very reason. I'll figure this out and after we get back from vacation I can push his butt a bit harder?

So . . . looking at your list of exercises, you hang from a bar and do crunches? That scares the living heck out of me!! I don't even think my gym has a bar. I'm going to look today. My gym is very bare bones. But I shouldn't put the cart before my horse just yet.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #1513

Quote:
I wish I was philosophical. I'm not nearly that bright.

I could have fleshed that out a bit. Mostly I meant that you stride forward. Never excuses. Pants too tight? Nip that bad boy right in the butt. (so to speak) Not feeling strong? Not feeling right? Get to the gym. Clean up your eating. Hit it hard. Hit it harder.

That's mostly what I meant. More than mostly.

I consider a philosophical trait including a challenge to another person to think a little deeper when a statement is made or a question is asked. Your comment stumped me at first, not knowing which direction you meant for me to take that. But THANK you.

I'm feeling stronger every day Mz T and a great portion of that is the inspiration I always find in you and how you work your program.

And that is gratifying to me, to know that I in some way, big or small, am helping you as I try to help myself!

Edited to add: I used to read Good Day Regular People. I stopped years ago. I don't know why!
My blog reading has escalated quite a bit in the last six months or so. I need my blogger fix most days, and I really enjoy hers. She's so matter-of-fact in her writing. And so FUNNY! I love that. As are you in your blogging. The blog world has evolved into a necessary catharsis for me.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:03 AM   #1514
Major LCF Poster!

Mine is the opposite. I'm reading fewer and fewer. Again, I don't know why? I'm going through something? Arrested development? heh

Okay - I'm going to try going to the gym when I have insomnia. Why not workout?

I bet you will be going in just a few minutes!

Last edited by DaisyGG; 04-09-2014 at 02:04 AM..
Old 04-10-2014, 05:34 AM   #1515
Major LCF Poster!

Since I'm being weird about cooking right now I have to tell you I dug out some grape nuts and am sprinkling them into my pudding and that crunch makes my day! I still haven't ordered Trutein, but today is that day. I had a large bag of PP to use up.

I did make it to the gym yesterday morning! It was kinda lovely being up and at it instead of just up.

Work it and twerk it girl.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:50 AM   #1516
Major LCF Poster!

Oh that tea idea! You have the best ideas surrounding a nice treat.

I forgot to order. I'm doing that right NOW!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #1517

So I woke up this morning thinking I'd feel like crap -- my "CHEAT" indulgence yesterday ended up being too much wine -- but surprisingly, I was fine. Not great. But fine.

After four cups of coffee I was even FINER.

Had an egg white omelet then hit the gym for legs and hamstring day. (I love my Saturday workouts!!!)

My rearview is shaping up noticeably. It's much easier to scrutinize and assess when staring at huge mirrors with workout capris on. Okay.....keep at it, T. You're getting there.

I'm sipping my Trutein almond milk shake now, will have pwo meal in a few, shower, rest a minute on the patio in the amazing sunshine then head to my son's track meet later today.

Packing meals with me, and almonds, and water -- LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #1518
Major LCF Poster!

Your signature says you love the Callenetics. Are they still in your regular rotation of workouts?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:31 AM   #1519

Yes.

I will always be a Callanetics devotee.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:54 AM   #1520
Major LCF Poster!

I'm going to slip that in my rotation today. Let's see how far I can get.

smooches T!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #1521
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lisa46
Stats: 164/117/128 -- 5'4"
WOE: LC with balance
Start Date: Recommitted 4-18-06
Seriously??? You are still here?!? I can NOT believe it! How are you doing?
Lisa46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #1522
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Poking my head in to say 'hi' to my good friend, T! I have never forgotten your kindness to me in some of our personal messages. So glad to see you!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote