LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #1441
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
How is it going with your group of weight-lifter wannabe's? I'd love to hear the progress they are making.
It's going well. I try to push them a little harder each week. They're just beginners, and I don't want to overwhelm them but I want them to get the bang for their buck and not waste their time. They have a lot to learn. I focus on form a lot-- a lot! They seem eager about it and look forward to our sessions together. I'm writing out a plan for them today to have something to refer to during the week. They try to do the routine during the week 3-4 times, but just learning, they forget WHAT to do, or HOW to do it correctly.

Cranking up the intensity tonight a wee bit for them. It's great fun for everyone.

As for me, this morning will be Callanetics first (20-25 mins), then 25 mins of some cardio kickboxing on a DVD. My body feels tight and nothing works that out like Callanetics followed by cardio.

Ate very clean and within range yesterday. And BEST OF ALL.....

...slept like a baby!

Speaking of babies...???
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2013, 03:47 AM   #1442

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Are you having a baby T?? LOL OMG I had 2 dreams I was pregnant I woke up in a sweat!! LOL I love them but I am so done!!!! My ex had a baby with his new wife at age 52 I just can't imagine!!!!

I wish I was in your workout group I would love that! I do so much better with a trainer pushing me, on my own I think ughg that's enough, LOL I miss my trainer so much!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #1443
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
It's going well. I try to push them a little harder each week. They're just beginners, and I don't want to overwhelm them but I want them to get the bang for their buck and not waste their time. They have a lot to learn. I focus on form a lot-- a lot! They seem eager about it and look forward to our sessions together. I'm writing out a plan for them today to have something to refer to during the week. They try to do the routine during the week 3-4 times, but just learning, they forget WHAT to do, or HOW to do it correctly.

Cranking up the intensity tonight a wee bit for them. It's great fun for everyone.

As for me, this morning will be Callanetics first (20-25 mins), then 25 mins of some cardio kickboxing on a DVD. My body feels tight and nothing works that out like Callanetics followed by cardio.

Ate very clean and within range yesterday. And BEST OF ALL.....

...slept like a baby!

Speaking of babies...???
You are a good friend. Those woman are lucky!

Nothing yet. I have to bite myself to keep from bugging Bella on the minute by minute. She's at work today if you can believe. She says she does not think it will be today. She hasn't had that nesting craving just yet.

little dude. Hurry up!
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #1444
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hiya Twyla- just thought to pop in and introduce my little treasure- Alexandro.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131017_220112.jpg (37.3 KB, 9 views)
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:51 AM   #1445

Congrats Lola-what a sweet baby!

T- we got our home gym almost set, we still have to paint and lay the carpet but it is usable and I like that compared to going out in the morning and it will give me more time to work out without the driving back and forth! Trying to eat clean and exercise and let the chips fall, I am not being a slave to the freaking scale that just ticks me off. I know exercising hard again will make a huge difference in my body and I am OK with the scale if I see changes, so now to just keep at it!

Hope you got your run in, I am debating going back to C25K that program really worked for me and got me running, I think I need that type of cardio, nothing burns more than running at least for me, so I am trying to recruit my son to run with me again!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #1446

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
Hiya Twyla- just thought to pop in and introduce my little treasure- Alexandro.
Oh, sweet baby boy! You.Are.Darling. Love that name, Alexandro. Congratulations, Lola! That's wonderful. I would love to hear more about that precious little one.

And look at your highlights! Love them. You look so proud and pretty, Momma.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #1447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
...............T- we got our home gym almost set, we still have to paint and lay the carpet but it is usable and I like that compared to going out in the morning and it will give me more time to work out without the driving back and forth! Trying to eat clean and exercise and let the chips fall, I am not being a slave to the freaking scale that just ticks me off. I know exercising hard again will make a huge difference in my body and I am OK with the scale if I see changes, so now to just keep at it!

Hope you got your run in, I am debating going back to C25K that program really worked for me and got me running, I think I need that type of cardio, nothing burns more than running at least for me, so I am trying to recruit my son to run with me again!
Hey, woman. That home gym will be perfect for you! Are you gonna make full use of it (exaggerated head nod here)...?????

Yes, that C25k has been addictive for so many people I know. Just talked to a football mom the other night at a game who'd taken it up and she's looking amazing. Much leaner and healthier than when I saw her last. Gotta love it.

As for getting out there and running, though, I can't run WITH someone. So that's cool that you and your son can run together. I just can't do it. It annoys me. It's my sanctuary. Just me and my heartbeat.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #1448

Updating from whenever...lost track.

Twice to the gym last week, but cardio most every day and ran three mornings.

Clean and eating on plan.

Saturday was leg/glute day, as usual. Killed it.

And this morning was back & abs. Good tunes accompanied me all the way.

It's a good day.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #1449

Old 11-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #1450

History sort of repeats itself sometimes.

A remembrance from my past...

2009:

"Entering into this season of Thanksgiving, I reflect on all the blessings, all the friendships, all the lessons learned, the joys, the sorrows, the sharing of God's goodness.

So with a full heart, I humbly give thanks.

And I voice that gratitude through song, probably my FAVORITE of George Winston's pieces, Thanksgiving."

And I'm making cheesecake (yes, I am) again this year too...yikes, watch out, T...remember???
Old 11-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #1451
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Thanksgiving Miss T! Cheesecake is fantastic yes? YES!

I wish you and yours a blessed and wonderful day.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #1452

Old 01-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #1453
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 235.4/223.8/160
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Hello, it's been a while. Just popping in to say "Happy New Year!"
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:51 AM   #1454

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
Hello, it's been a while. Just popping in to say "Happy New Year!"
Hello, Lyn, and Happy New Year to YOU as well. I hope it brings you success and happiness in fulfilling all your health and fitness goals.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:13 AM   #1455

It's a new year. It's 2014.

I've been posting on this forum for over ten years now. I reflect back to the time when I first began experimenting, researching, arming myself with knowledge of all the ins and outs of the low carb lifestyle. A long and cherished journey. I recall friends and conversations, highs and lows, relationships and foundational truths that brought me to where I am today in my health and fitness journey.

It's all so second nature to me now.

But do I take it for granted? Never. I take NONE of that for granted.

As with many of us, I lose focus over the holiday season and I have a lot of "cleaning up" to do. But rather than it feeling overwhelming, as it once did before I knew what I know now about our bodies and how and why they respond as they do, what works, what doesn't, the importance of consistency and perseverance during times of stagnation -- The Grind, my body now switches into "low gear" mode, gathering momentum and power, efficiency, without even thinking about what I'm doing. I just do it. And what's most satisfying to me is that my body actually CRAVES this lifestyle. It's begging to return to what it loves, what makes it happiest.

What makes you happy? What do you love?

What do you love most?

Why?

How much does it mean to you, and to prove it, what are you going to do about it?

And when?

Or will you just keep things as they are, content with the status quo for ... months? Years? Forever?

Choices we make every.damn.day.

It's all up to us.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 01-03-2014 at 03:20 AM..
Old 01-03-2014, 04:57 AM   #1456

Happy New Years T!!!!!

Good words to think on!!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #1457
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 235.4/223.8/160
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Quote:
Hello, Lyn, and Happy New Year to YOU as well. I hope it brings you success and happiness in fulfilling all your health and fitness goals.
Thanks very much, I'm back to healthy eating and exercise!
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:39 AM   #1458

Sitting by the fire on the patio last night after my run, our first "mild" evening in -- I don't even know how long -- I looked up at the stars, recalling in my mind the day's events. I reflected on this winter and its effect on my mindset, my emotions, my motivation and focus (or lack thereof).

I said to myself: It's almost over, the Winter of 2014. Thank God. I've survived. A bit beat up (emotionally) and defeated (physically), but I have survived.

I'm slowly, slowly coming around to regaining the burning desire and commitment that has escaped me these past couple of months. I want it back. I want to take charge again.

What I realize is that I can't just jump back into the mix as if no time has passed, business as usual. My body is weaker. Not as much strength or endurance. I have to find a plan and pace myself or I'll burn out. Again.

So I thought: It's time to dig into my journals, dig out some tools that can help me through these next several weeks -- my new goal being May 31st.

And in my searching, reading, recalling conversations and discussions, plans, protocols, I came across this post of March 8, 2009, one of so many others I've read and re-read - to nourish my mind with positive Can Do images.

Thank God I've kept these. They served me well then. It's time I make use of this knowledge and prepare to take heed to my own sermons.

The disciplines of then. Don't ever forget it, T.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 02-19-2014 at 07:43 AM..
Old 02-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #1459

As I think about the past couple of weeks, the renewed sense of resolve to jerk my rear end out of this muck that I've been drowning in this winter, I realize this: Losing one's edge is incredibly easy to do if you become too complacent, too cocky, too careless.

Staying on the alert and vigilant is a constant challenge, but one that people need to take more seriously, whether for their health and fitness or for mere vanity.

Slippery, slippery slope.

It's been about three weeks since I've been to my latest checkup at the doctor's office and finally agreed to face the music and get on the scale. That was my slap-in-the-face wakeup call. Get busy now.

The first week I had good success and dropped a few pounds, felt great, stronger, more energy. Improved willpower. Last week, I struggled all week with all the above. I managed to weigh in at the end of the week with no loss, but no gain. This week, much better -- more control over my appetite, my emotions, my fitness agenda. I slept like a baby last night and made it out this morning for run intervals. Feeling much stronger and inspired than last week. Maybe the improved weather helped to have a positive effect.

Don't blink.

Every day counts. Keep going.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:44 AM   #1460

Updating on my progress from winter slump to spring and summer renewal.

I liken this to an exfoliation. Dead skin cells will pile up, layer after layer, robbing the skin of its brightness, moisture, elasticity. Exfoliating and removing the "dead" to reveal the "new" skin brings it back to life.

The winter hasn't been easy, and I feel like parts of my mind/body have been in decay as a result. Time for peeling off the old and bringing on the new.

I'm now on my fourth week and I'm feeling encouraged. Obviously everyone would like to see huge progress on the scale -- some people even get annoyed when there's not daily progress on the scale. Hoping to see the scale numbers go down, not up, but I won't stress when I see no change at all now and then, as I've learned that this is normal and expected, not a sign of failure or ineffectiveness.

Last week I lost .5 pounds for the whole week. This past week (today being weigh in day), I lost 1 pound. So for the past four weeks:

Week 1 - Big loss 3-4 lbs, some of it water, I'm sure
Week 2 - No loss
Week 3 - .5 lb loss
Week 4 - 1 lb loss

I'm allowing a cheat day each week. I'm allowing myself to have wine on Fridays and Saturdays. And I'm allowing myself to have one complete day of rest (no exercise) and one other day with just 20-30 mins of light cardio.

Striving for three days of weight lifting, four should I have the time/opportunity. Cardio 5-6 days per week, various forms.

I'm sleeping TONS better. Big victory. This is one of the best perks of eating clean and working hard in the gym. You sleep like a rock.

I'm sticking to sweet potatoes, oats and Ezekiel bread for complex carbs on weight lifting days, working the numbers in rotation style; cheat days I allow myself to have something I've been craving. Lately that's been wings. ?

Portion control has been a downfall for me over the winter months, my nemesis in fact. Handful after handful (why stop at one?) comfort food to ease the discomfort of winter blahs. I quickly learned that at my age, it's far easier to pack it on quickly than it used to be. I can either live with it, go with the flow, or fight it. I choose to fight.

Reminding myself to take this one day at a time. My attitude is where I want it to be, and I feel so much better already.

I've been helping a good friend of mine who's pretty much begun at ground zero with her fitness and healthy eating lifestyle. She's helped me stay focused as much as I've helped her in instruction and disciplines. Encouragement goes a very long way in one's success.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #1461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: btinc
Allow yourself 2 cheat days and look at this as if you where prepping. Build your system from the bottom to top. Slowly bring the intensity up.
Wisdom comes with success, you are successful and you have a reputation for being successful, that means you have a lot of wisdom, go back and located it and put it to use.

Yes I still check up on you. Keep it going.

Last edited by btinc; 03-06-2014 at 08:12 PM..
btinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #1462
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: btinc
Everyone needs off season time. I don't need to explain, I know you understand what i'm saying to you.
btinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:33 AM   #1463

Quote:
Originally Posted by btinc View Post
Allow yourself 2 cheat days and look at this as if you where prepping. Build your system from the bottom to top. Slowly bring the intensity up.
Wisdom comes with success, you are successful and you have a reputation for being successful, that means you have a lot of wisdom, go back and located it and put it to use.

Yes I still check up on you. Keep it going.
“Ah! My favorite friend & mentor! I can exhale now,” she exclaimed, smiling broadly from ear to ear.

Build it. Bottom to top.

You bring up a VERY good point. "slowly bring the intensity up." I'm constantly having to remind myself. I want to do everything in fifth gear from the start. It doesn't work that way, and I pay for it later in a series of counterproductive ways.

Thank you for checking up on me. SERIOUSLY. Thank you.

I've archived every.single.word. you've ever said to me and I find myself digging through those trophies more than you'll ever know.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #1464

So this week was NOT as good as I would have liked. Make way for the excuses.

I went to visit my son near Pittsburgh over the weekend, and on the edge of Storm Titan. I was worried we weren't going to beat the storm in time to make it back home safely, watching the weather on my iPhone like a hawk. While visiting, I behaved. I ate on plan and was very watchful. I had even packed my gear with a plan of going to Gavin's gym as a guest to get in some cardio on Saturday afternoon. But as it turned out, there were things tugging at my brain and heart that I wanted to help him out with around his apartment, a mom thing, while he was working -- he left for his shift at 3:30 Saturday afternoon -- and was trying to juggle my time between spending quality time with him (when he was there) and doing other things to help him out.

So no cardio.

We have lunch Sunday around 1 before heading south to go back home. At this point they already have several inches of snow (great) and the roads from Greensburg, PA, to Fairmont, WV, were a total mess -- ice, snow, bitter temps. My nerves were shot, my knuckles white, and my resolve? Gone. I caved and ate half of one of those stupid cinnamon buns at a Pilot station with a cup of coffee about 6 pm. That dismantling all-or-nothing flaw took hold, and I couldn't get my appetite back in control until Tuesday morning. Arghhh!!!!!!! Crappy weather. Cold. Crappy diet.

I managed to get in a decent workout on Tuesday, cardio only on Wednesday, cardio and a bit of lifting on Thursday, and a great lifting workout this morning. I say this, realizing that I can't out train a crappy diet.
Mad at myself, and determined to keep my head in this game, I decided not to weigh, should an unfavorable number mess with my positivity.

Just keep going. Just keep going. Don't look back. Don't try to UNDO the mistakes. Just do what you have to do, and lead with your brain.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 03-07-2014 at 07:09 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 03:58 AM   #1465
Major LCF Poster!

Hello my lovely friend. That drive sounded absolutely terrifying. Sheesh and this winter needs to give us a break for the crying out loud.

Smooches and hugs.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:36 AM   #1466

Quote:
Hello my lovely friend. That drive sounded absolutely terrifying. Sheesh and this winter needs to give us a break for the crying out loud.

Smooches and hugs.
You got that right. Let's see that Grand Entrance, Sweet Spring!

(btw, that baby boy is so precious!)
Old 03-14-2014, 02:39 AM   #1467

Weekly update:

Down another pound this week. It's coming off slowly, but at least it's coming
off.

(sffffftttttttt!) There goes another sheet of paper towels...

Strategy for this week will be to up my cardio. I didn't meet my daily cardio quota for this past week. I missed my run day due to the weather/ice. The running, even if it's one day, really does help me, I think.

Not complaining. A pound down is a good healthy loss. It's fat. It's not water, it's not muscle. It's a true SHRED.

Onward.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #1468
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You got that right. Let's see that Grand Entrance, Sweet Spring!

(btw, that baby boy is so precious!)
He really is. Our streets are still packed with snow, but it's coming off and when it does Spud and I will be going for walks with George. Right now it's treacherous out there. But we all know spring is coming!
Quote:
Weekly update:

Down another pound this week. It's coming off slowly, but at least it's coming
off.

(sffffftttttttt!) There goes another sheet of paper towels...

Strategy for this week will be to up my cardio. I didn't meet my daily cardio quota for this past week. I missed my run day due to the weather/ice. The running, even if it's one day, really does help me, I think.

Not complaining. A pound down is a good healthy loss. It's fat. It's not water, it's not muscle. It's a true SHRED.

Onward.
Oh that is so good! I remember when I first found your journal all those years ago and how I was immediately impressed with your resolve and how you can see results. It's always been motivational for me.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:15 AM   #1469

Quote:
He really is. Our streets are still packed with snow, but it's coming off and when it does Spud and I will be going for walks with George. Right now it's treacherous out there. But we all know spring is coming!
Your soul is healed by moments with them!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:17 AM   #1470

Saturday. It’s always leg/glute day for me. I’m most rested -- therefore the workout is later in the day -- and since cheat day is usually Friday, my glycogen stores are fuller and more available for energy. The plan today was to keep it metabolic, high volume, low weight. I began with 10 mins of cardio warmup, a few stretches.

wide squat/lateral lunge/narrow squat sequence, 10-15 reps of each, 30 lb BB, 3 sets
Captain’s chair ab work x 10 x 3
wide squat, 40 lb BB, 50 reps
wide squat, 50 lb BB, 30 reps
wide squat, 60 lb BB, 25 reps
hanging oblique crunches, 10 x 3
smith machine bridges, 70 lbs x 12-15 x 4
BW walking lunges, 20 x 3
side plank crunches, 15 x 2 sets

Post workout: Whey protein shake

PWO meal:

Oatmeal pancake with strawberries & coffee
30 g oats
62 g strawberries
5 egg whites
½ scoop whey protein
3 g chopped almonds
1 Tbs s/f maple syrup
COFFEE

The progress is inspiring and mood is elevated, focus sharp. The sun that’s shining out that window is the polish. Life is good and spring is on the way. Just keep going …