Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #1411
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
It's Friday. it's been a good week. I've accomplished damage control from last Monday's nonsense. Eating has been good, clean, and ON PLAN all week. Noticed a bit more hunger yesterday than usual, but manageable.

TUES & WED - Cardio only

THURS A.M. Gym, leg/glutes/hams on Thursy morning; and a 40-min power walk with my walking buddy, a dear friend from AGES ago. We've tried walking together every Thursday evening as our schedules allow, walking anywhere from 40-60 mins, hard as we can go. I like her style!

FRIDAY MORNING - Gym, ab circuits, plus the following:

Lateral throws
Inclined DB press
Reverse incline rear delt flies
Cable Tricep Extensions
Bicep Curls
High cable Twist (Pecs, abs, shoulders)
Inclined Pullovers
20 mins cardio

I pushed myself all morning, hard as I could go, sweating profusely, panting like a lion on the run in the jungle, the last rep of every set eeked out with grit and determination, at times collapsing on the floor for a quick recovery breather, before beginning another set. Not supposed to be easy! Nothing worth having ever is. And like the diva says, "...a little bit o' sweat never hurt nobody!" It is passion personified.

Keeping cals between 1500-1700 cals on lifting days; 1500 or under on cardio only days

Crazy busy this week. Hoping for a bit of down time tonight or tomorrow.

I gotta remind myself that nothing tastes as good as being lean and having laser focus feels. We are a byproduct of what we put in our mouths. I left the gym this morning transformed from groggy, a bit stiff, craving coffee, to high octane, high energy, incredibly jacked mood, and singing to the top of my lungs with all windows down on the drive home. THIS is how I want to live. THIS is how I want to eat. THIS is how I want my body to respond.

I will work for this. There's no other way to get it.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-06-2013 at 11:57 AM..
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #1412

Leg/glute/ham day at the gym yesterday.
Killer...profusedly sweating, gasping for oxygen, and eeking out
that last rep of every set.
My head in a constant battle with my body.
My body begged me to stop, enough!
My head screaming out reprimands of shame, reminders of a chain of command.

Torture? That's what some may say.
But I guess I'm a sucker for that kind of pain.
I prefer the word exhilarating.

I've had a successful week. Granted, I did not weigh myself after last Monday when I caved, so yes, I probably shed a bunch of water weight those first 48 hrs following. But I decided to check the scale on Friday through Sunday to see how far away I was from status quo in this journey, and I lost a total of 3 pounds over the course of those three days. I'm now one pound under what I was a week ago. YAY.

Calories and carbs have been tracked every day except yesterday. It was GNO for me, and we went to Outback. I wasn't sure of the counts there. I had a salmon salad with vinagrette dressing and two glasses of red wine. It was painless. I was with "the gym crowd," and we all were being vigilant of what we put in our mouths. Great fun. Constant chatter and boisterous laughter. What a great fix.

I worked abs two consecutive days, superset ab circuits, both Friday and Saturday, and every time I attempted to turn over in bed last night, I got a reminder. Ouch, ouch, ouch. It must have done the job.

I have a feeling today is gonna be a good day. I spent an hour yesterday afternoon cleaning off the back screened porch, and I plan to do more "puttering" outside today, since it's supposed to be nice and sunny, less humidity. Feeling jacked and focused and ready to bring on another successful week.

I smell fall right around the corner....a whiff of it teasing me now and then...I fall hopelessly in love all over again.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #1413
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Fantastic on the pound loss! Fantastic!

Smooches and thank you for all the support. It helps even when it seems like it isn't.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #1414

Thank you, D.

When does it cool down in the mountains of WV? Well, technically I live in the valleys, and it’s at least 10 degrees cooler in the mountains – where I used to live, where my sons were raised. Where I live now, the heat is intensified by the extra pavement, the hustle/bustle urban area, and the shrouded effect being at the base of those mountains, trapped and stifling at times.

I was sleepy on my way home from work, and to keep myself awake on the commute I’d watch the outside temperature gauge on my car climb steadily once I left the shade of our parking garage. It hit 93 and stayed there. So maybe 93 seems cool to some, but I would prefer the 80’s of last week. The humidity is actually what makes it really bad.

This morning I was in no mood to go to the gym. I have to listen to my body, my moods, and I know what I most need day to day, and whatever that is, nothing else will do. This morning it was Run Day. I wanted the COOLER solitude and quiet and DARK of the early morning, all to myself (…the cave…?) and just run, listening to a my mp3 softly playing in the background, my footsteps hitting the pavement, and my heartbeat reminding me that I was alive and life really is GOOD. Five min warm up, 30 mins running, 3 min cool down.

Feeling more in control today hunger and craving wise. Incredibly busy at work, and was dead set on a nap when I got home from work – priority one. Mission accomplished.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:45 AM   #1415
Major LCF Poster!

Your day sounded perfect.

I need to steal your napping. Being a bad sleeper I'm done by 8 or 8:30 in the evening and that kinda sucks. A little nap would be good.

You make running sound so wonderful.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #1416

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Your day sounded perfect.

I need to steal your napping. Being a bad sleeper I'm done by 8 or 8:30 in the evening and that kinda sucks. A little nap would be good.

You make running sound so wonderful.
DGG, as you now know, my nap was not just your ordinary nap. It was one of those coma-like escapes. Mercy, that felt WONDERFUL. I have this fantastic turbo fan in my bedroom that we bought to survive the suffocating heat in my son's upstairs bedroom of his not-air-conditioned-REALLY?-have-you-lost-your-mind apartment, and that thing SINGS me to sleep with its hypnotic white noise effect. Of course, it wouldn't have taken much coaxing yesterday, but still, once that baby was fired up, I was gone! I wake up 1 hr 20 mins later trying to orient myself, what day it was, what's my name, why am I here, and what am I supposed to be doing right now? Oh, yeah. Dinner. YIKES. Hit it, T! Gooooooo!

I managed to get dinner prepared for my son post-football practice in the nick of time.

As for the running thing? Oh, mercy. I wish everyone could experience that kind of high. I used to not know what it was like. I used to not be able to run more than a minute or so at a time before gasping for breath. Thanks to C25K, that changed my life. And now, it is a spiritual experience for me. But funny thing is, I prefer very early morning or late at night. I'm a moon runner. I want the dark, the stillness, the sense of solitude when I'm running. Indeed, it being a form a sanctuary for me, it makes sense that I would want it that way. So maybe that means I'm not a REAL runner. Maybe I'm still a wanna-be. Because REAL runners run whenever, wherever, no conditions or exceptions, and they still love it. I don't care. I got what works for me. I cherish running in my own little way.

I made it to the gym this morning, even though after yesterday's high my heart was pulling toward staying home and running again. But I don't like running two days in a row, and esp after I hadn't run for a while. So I reluctantly head to the gym. My heart really isn't into it for some reason. I'm saying to myself: Look, T. Suck it up. You are up, you're breathing, and you are here to accomplish a task. Just go in there and do what you do and shut up.

I swaggered out of their with that sassy, in-your-face gait, riding Cloud No. 9, and feeling on top of the world. It just happens like that.

THE HARD PART?

Getting one's ass out the door. Just go...get up, get out, and do it. The rest falls fabulously in place.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #1417
Major LCF Poster!

I get the dark thing. I love walking my dog George in the dark. I love peeking in windows (from the street) and seeing everyone doing their thing if their blinds/curtains are up. I'm a weirdo!

But I do love the dark and quiet. Pup has made me promise to not walk George down by the river, but I bet it would be beautiful down there at night.

I love that shot of you too! How do you get all of these fantastic shots of yourself? You really are so photogenic.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #1418

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
I get the dark thing. I love walking my dog George in the dark. I love peeking in windows (from the street) and seeing everyone doing their thing if their blinds/curtains are up. I'm a weirdo!

But I do love the dark and quiet. Pup has made me promise to not walk George down by the river, but I bet it would be beautiful down there at night.

I love that shot of you too! How do you get all of these fantastic shots of yourself? You really are so photogenic.
Yes. Darkness. Strange how it can elevate me in this way. Darkness is another one of those words with double meanings, I think. There's dark and peaceful quietude. And then there is damning, suffocating darkness that swallows us.

I'm not sure I've ever really stopped to think on that.

My office is two blocks from the river, and I used to love walking (or running) down the Boulevard along the river. Again, what is it about water that lures us? But at night? No, Pup is right. Not a good place to be, esp in the city.

The photo ... that was taken under an interstate highway bridge. I had been on a walk on a winter afternoon, and as I passed by that, I felt challenged to try to climb to the top of the steep underpass without losing my balance. It was cool hearing the traffic whizzing past over my head, and seeing the graffiti post scripts everywhere. It was a weird kind of happy to be there at that moment, on that day, under those circumstances. That "happy" is shown in my face.

It's time to head outdoors. I'm not in the mood for the gym this morning. I need to be alone. Just me, the moon, the stars and the crickets.

Clarity.

Here I go... Gonna make this a good day.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:19 AM   #1419
Major LCF Poster!

The craziest things can bring the happy. I know graffiti is defacing, but sometimes I find it beautiful.

Rock it in T-world today! As I bet you've already done!
Old 09-18-2013, 02:46 AM   #1420

I met with my singing buddies last night (trio) for practice, and as we always do, we start off with GIRL TALK, chatter, chatter, chatter, punctunated with constant laughter (now and then tears), and after we've had our "sistahs" fix, we crank up the music and let 'er rip.

Singing is euphorically cathartic. You can almost see those "demons" being released from the body. Singing and laughter are a lot alike. That produce the same effect. Good.For.The.Soul.

We laughed our butts off last night. Now and then, working on new material, we'd hit a bad note (as we were splitting up harmony, in search of that perfect blend) and it would shout WRONG, BAD, NO, STOP, PLEASE, STOP! We'd immediately hear that cacophony, and burst out in laughter, at times to the point of doubling over and losing our breath, pointing the finger at the other -- what???? was that you???? no, it was YOU!!!! NO, IT WASN'T, IT WAS YOU! (More laughter)

Laughter is my blood supply.

Especially after this past weekend. Leaving it there.

Feeling clean and well balanced. Good clean eating is irreplaceable. Eat clean, and thou shalt have energy!

Headed to the gym. Can't wait.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:12 AM   #1421
Major LCF Poster!

You are so right about singing and laughter. When you're in the deepest down place - or I should say when I'm in my deepest down place. If I happen to get in a situation where I am singing or laughing it really can move my mood around.

Forcing myself to get to the singing and laughing place is the trick!

That group sounds like so much fun!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #1422

Today was my day to sleep in, and since I went to bed a little earlier too, I was able to get a full 8.5 hrs rest last night. Eau Yeah. My body sorely needed it, having been visited by Whormonal Hell.

It seems it never ends.

No workout this morning. Lots of leisurely coffee, since the local TV station warned of a huge traffic jam resulting from a wreck earlier this morning; traffic had been backed up for hours, I knew there was no need to be in a huge hurry. Besides, it being casual Friday, ponytail day, I was feeling a general sense of "low maintenance."

More rest. Delayed workout. Extra coffee. Casual attire. Ponytail. Minimal makeup.

And to top all -- It's Friday.

Aside from having to get a job finished that had me lost in deep focus the last couple days, this would have been a rather smooth-sailing kickoff to the weekend. So as soon as I get a phone call from a client, I'm gone. I'll head home, pour myself a glass of wine. Maybe look at magazines. Then prepare my son an after-school (pre-game) snack/meal for when he gets off the bus. He'll shower, eat, and then run him back down to the HS by 5:00.

I have a date with some gym buddies for a boot camp at 6 pm. It's supposed to rain, and I would rather be at the gym then sitting in the rain on the bleachers at a ball game.

Bring on the weekend.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #1423

Old 09-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #1424

When will I learn...

I've just spent the last SEVERAL minutes typing a post for my journal, and one accidental key stroke, and poof ---- IT'S GONE.

This happens to me all the time on LCF. Way too many times.

I need to remember to type my posts while OFF LINE in a word doc then cut/paste to my journal. A bit redundant.

But it's better than wasting time retyping crap all the time.

I'm headed out to run. Update will have to wait.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #1425
Major LCF Poster!

I really get upset when stuff like that happens. I never can remember everything I said and, of course, every word is a diamond and sparkles and every word needs to be read! lolol!

Old 09-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #1426

It's basically been a week since I last updated. Crazy busy week with very little down time.

The good news is, it's been a successful week in terms of keeping my diet clean, staying focused, getting sufficient rest, and getting my workouts in. That is the perfect recipe for PROGRESS. And I'm reaping those rewards. Yay! Believe it or not, TOM is STILL hanging around, though the hormonal ups, downs and cravings have been gone most of this week. I guess I'd better brace myself for the next warfare a few weeks from now, and make hay while the sun shines in the meantime.

Being redundant here, I realize, but it p*sses me off that guys do not have to deal with this crap, not evah. It's a double whammy when you are trying to diet and lose weight. Dieting affects cortisol levels ANYWAY, and you have to know how to outsmart your hormones to stay on the defensive when the attacks occur. But women and our issues, we don't stand a chance.

Guys have zero rights to whine. ABOUT ANYTHING.

Rant over.

I will be busy all day with work, and I plan to head to the gym tonight. I slept in today a little later. My internal alarm woke me up before my external alarm went off, but I just laid there and allowed myself to slowly reboot. I'm feeling great right now and on top of my game, a true in-the-zone feeling. Unmistakable. Hoping it lasts a while.

Happy Friday!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 09-27-2013 at 06:59 AM..
Old 10-15-2013, 02:41 AM   #1427

Hello, journal...been a few days. Life gets in the way.

I'm to the point in my fitness and health journey, thankfully, that NOT being accountable-- on paper that is --is not as critical as it once was, and trying to wing it and stay focused can be done mostly out of habit.

The ol' -- "it's what I do" thing.

Was at a seminar all last week, so no time in the mornings for gym. I needed to start the commute earlier in the a.m. than usual. So I opted for running and callanetics most mornings. I'm forever addicted to the magic of Callanetics, and it's no sweat off my back (ha ha) for that to be one of my only options for exercise. Actually, that's not true, the sweat thing. I sweat EVERY time I do Callanetics, which always amazes me. To look at me, you'd think I was just standing there, or lying there, kneeling, whatever, barely moving, aloof. NOT. And those who practice it know this to be gospel.

Holding my own rather well. Actually probably have lost a pound or two, but I despise scales, so my clothes are giving me updates.

I'll be being to the gym here in minutes. My body is starting to cool off from the coconut oil I had about 10 mins ago with 1 Tbs of Trutein and 2 oz of carb master yogurt, my little beloved morning concoction. Within a couple mins of eating CO -- every time without fail -- I begin sweating. It instantly switches on my furnace. That is so fascinating to me. How does it DO that?

Good stuff, CO!

Outta here ... gym calling my name.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 10-15-2013 at 02:43 AM..
Old 10-15-2013, 03:39 AM   #1428
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Hello, journal...been a few days. Life gets in the way.

I'm to the point in my fitness and health journey, thankfully, that NOT being accountable-- on paper that is --is not as critical as it once was, and trying to wing it and stay focused can be done mostly out of habit.

The ol' -- "it's what I do" thing.

Was at a seminar all last week, so no time in the mornings for gym. I needed to start the commute earlier in the a.m. than usual. So I opted for running and callanetics most mornings. I'm forever addicted to the magic of Callanetics, and it's no sweat off my back (ha ha) for that to be one of my only options for exercise. Actually, that's not true, the sweat thing. I sweat EVERY time I do Callanetics, which always amazes me. To look at me, you'd think I was just standing there, or lying there, kneeling, whatever, barely moving, aloof. NOT. And those who practice it know this to be gospel.

Holding my own rather well. Actually probably have lost a pound or two, but I despise scales, so my clothes are giving me updates.

I'll be being to the gym here in minutes. My body is starting to cool off from the coconut oil I had about 10 mins ago with 1 Tbs of Trutein and 2 oz of carb master yogurt, my little beloved morning concoction. Within a couple mins of eating CO -- every time without fail -- I begin sweating. It instantly switches on my furnace. That is so fascinating to me. How does it DO that?

Good stuff, CO!

Outta here ... gym calling my name.
I truly love the part that I bolded. That is so great. It just is for you! Lovely.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #1429

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
My beautiful T, I am back!!! Stressful year but we got moved into our new house on 6/28 my Grandma is recovering and doing wonderful, she turns 92 on Sunday!!! She spent 10 weeks in a nursing home doing therapy from her fall, broken hip and broken arm in 2 places she is a true inspiration! Survived 4 months of commuting living with my mother! We are loving our house! We are surrounded by wetlands on 2 sides, we have deer, fox, so many birds, I was thinking with you with the leaves changing now! It is beautiful!
I am still fighting 20 pounds I have been carrying for a year plus, the worst being not working out for 4 months! Talk about turning to flub!!!! I decided it was time to get my head on straight and suck this up and move some weight!!! I had my 3 year anniversary since starting LC and losing 150 pounds, so I kept 130 off, thank God for that!

You are gorgeous as usual! I am so glad you are doing well!!! You are always an inspiration with your kind words and a great motivator! I dont have 12-15 hours a week to exercise with my job and life so I am trying to pack as much as I can into what I have basically an hour each morning when I get up 5 and go to the gym and weekend walks here and there, but my son has fall baseball, thinking I want to get back to running and boot camp type workouts soon!

Hugs T!

Amber
Old 10-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
My beautiful T, I am back!!! Stressful year but we got moved into our new house on 6/28 my Grandma is recovering and doing wonderful, she turns 92 on Sunday!!! She spent 10 weeks in a nursing home doing therapy from her fall, broken hip and broken arm in 2 places she is a true inspiration! Survived 4 months of commuting living with my mother! We are loving our house! We are surrounded by wetlands on 2 sides, we have deer, fox, so many birds, I was thinking with you with the leaves changing now! It is beautiful!
I am still fighting 20 pounds I have been carrying for a year plus, the worst being not working out for 4 months! Talk about turning to flub!!!! I decided it was time to get my head on straight and suck this up and move some weight!!! I had my 3 year anniversary since starting LC and losing 150 pounds, so I kept 130 off, thank God for that!

You are gorgeous as usual! I am so glad you are doing well!!! You are always an inspiration with your kind words and a great motivator! I dont have 12-15 hours a week to exercise with my job and life so I am trying to pack as much as I can into what I have basically an hour each morning when I get up 5 and go to the gym and weekend walks here and there, but my son has fall baseball, thinking I want to get back to running and boot camp type workouts soon!

Hugs T!

Amber
Amber, it's great hearing from you. You know, I think of you every time I wear the leaf necklace. It makes me smile way down deep. And now is the perfect season for showing it off!

I'm glad you're loving your new home and the beautiful surroundings. Moving can be stressful, and I'm sure that has a lot to do with your "momentum" in trying to stay on top your fitness and weight loss game. If I had any advice to give to you, it would be this: You can't out-train a crappy diet.

Fat loss is 80-90% diet. Thank about that. That means that 10% of the effectiveness of one's efforts comes from the time they spend working out or getting in some cardio. Maybe you need to not worry so much over your progress in the gym right now and focus solely on eating clean, tracking, and getting your body back into "clean mode." A detox, if you will. That really does have to happen first, and sometimes that detox takes longer than we think. And so many things can affect the success of a detox. You've had a lot of things on your plate, and they're grappling for your mental and physical energy. So naturally you seek comfort in food. I do that too! It's a powerful force, that quick fix that food gives to us when we're overwhelmed.

Find balance. Breathe. Exhale. Exhale a lot. Take a walk with your family a few times a week. Take a walk alone in the early morning before dawn and purge the negativity, galvanize the will.

Again, let go of worrying about strength and endurance in the gym right now and focus on food, fuel, balance, detox. Focus. Key word. One thing at a time, and one step at a time. Don't shotgun your mission.

Hope this helps a little bit. It's so good to hear from you again!
Old 10-19-2013, 03:40 AM   #1431

T- totally agree about the diet, it does feel good to be more in control and aware! Bites of this here and there add up to an ugly mess!!!!!! And it so true, once you stop eating the crap you dont crave it as much!
Bejewelme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #1432

Sleepy. Soooooo sleepy. But at least a got a good night's rest last night, unlike the night before when I was up countless times throughout the night for no apparent reason.

I hear the coffee brewing, and it's "finishing up" right now. I'm so craving that first sip (gulp?). I must have it. My drug of choice. Especially at this hour. And esp when my body is needing roused.

Today is leg/glute day at the gym. All the more reason for a hit. A big one. I have a few minutes to fully awaken, bringing my body, mind and spirit in tandem for its mission.

I've been resisting homemade apple pie that for the past couple of days. It has oats and brown sugar streusel topping...homemade crust...and it's so .... PRETTY! If I start, I'll never stop. I made it instead of cake for my husband's birthday on Sunday. He doubted that I'd "remember" how to make my infamous pie, since it had been so long. I proved him wrong.

We went to my son's JV football game last night, and he played hard and with intensity. Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about, young man! His brother had it, start to finish, all through his career. They eye of the tiger, unmistakable. And now we're seeing it in Colton, and it's a thrill to watch him play. He scored a touchdown last night too, which being a defensive end he doesn't get much of that kind of action. But great tackles, great blocks -- he's very strong AND fast, so they have been playing D & O -- and lots of execution all night. The coaches were loving it, and being an eager-to-please kind of young man, that made it all more rewarding.

Now it's my turn to find that intensity and get MY job done.

Coffee???? Ahhhhhh, yes! I smell it. Its richness. Me and my love affair with coffee. Simple pleasures!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 10-22-2013 at 02:36 AM..
Old 10-22-2013, 04:36 AM   #1433
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sleepy. Soooooo sleepy. But at least a got a good night's rest last night, unlike the night before when I was up countless times throughout the night for no apparent reason.

I hear the coffee brewing, and it's "finishing up" right now. I'm so craving that first sip (gulp?). I must have it. My drug of choice. Especially at this hour. And esp when my body is needing roused.

Today is leg/glute day at the gym. All the more reason for a hit. A big one. I have a few minutes to fully awaken, bringing my body, mind and spirit in tandem for its mission.

I've been resisting homemade apple pie that for the past couple of days. It has oats and brown sugar streusel topping...homemade crust...and it's so .... PRETTY! If I start, I'll never stop. I made it instead of cake for my husband's birthday on Sunday. He doubted that I'd "remember" how to make my infamous pie, since it had been so long. I proved him wrong.

We went to my son's JV football game last night, and he played hard and with intensity. Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about, young man! His brother had it, start to finish, all through his career. They eye of the tiger, unmistakable. And now we're seeing it in Colton, and it's a thrill to watch him play. He scored a touchdown last night too, which being a defensive end he doesn't get much of that kind of action. But great tackles, great blocks -- he's very strong AND fast, so they have been playing D & O -- and lots of execution all night. The coaches were loving it, and being an eager-to-please kind of young man, that made it all more rewarding.

Now it's my turn to find that intensity and get MY job done.

Coffee???? Ahhhhhh, yes! I smell it. Its richness. Me and my love affair with coffee. Simple pleasures!
Your sons! So fantastic tP. I bet it's so fun to sit in the stands and watch games.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #1434

You are so lucky you can watch football instead of baseball!!! Why Robert will not play is beyond me he plays with a group of kids after school, but no desire to play at school, and he is huge compared to other kids height wise, but alas I sit through boring baseball cause he's my kid and he loves it, this weekend is the last of the games, yippee! It is getting cold here!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #1435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
You are so lucky you can watch football instead of baseball!!! Why Robert will not play is beyond me he plays with a group of kids after school, but no desire to play at school, and he is huge compared to other kids height wise, but alas I sit through boring baseball cause he's my kid and he loves it, this weekend is the last of the games, yippee! It is getting cold here!
Oh, not so fast. I paid the baseball dues too, GF. All three sons played baseball. So do the math. I think I still have you beat.

Gavin even played until he was a freshman. But he was a football player from age seven forward, and he knew that's where he was most gifted.

Agreed. Baseball games last forever. But I love baseball, so it's okay with me. I enjoyed watching the Boston/Cardinals game last night -- not all of it, but the first few innings. I rarely watch TV, so this was big for me.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #1436

I must rejoice.

It has been a few weeks (knock on the biggest piece of wood I can find) since I've had to deal with hormonal PMS swings that sabotage my willpower on diet. Without that, I can walk that narrow line with the best of them.

I got my sassy pants on today. Yesireeeee.

And those would be my Size 4 dress pants that have been a bit too snug for a while. But not today. Nope. Fitting like a dream. And I'm pretty sure I could be heard singing to myself at the gym this morning while doing HIIT sprints on the treadmill. I couldn't help myself. It was a Celebrate-Celebrate-Dance-to-the-Music kind of morning.

Clean Diet + Consistent, strategic workouts + Regular Cardio = Fat Loss Success

Oh, please, let this last.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #1437
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I must rejoice.

It has been a few weeks (knock on the biggest piece of wood I can find) since I've had to deal with hormonal PMS swings that sabotage my willpower on diet. Without that, I can walk that narrow line with the best of them.

I got my sassy pants on today. Yesireeeee.

And those would be my Size 4 dress pants that have been a bit too snug for a while. But not today. Nope. Fitting like a dream. And I'm pretty sure I could be heard singing to myself at the gym this morning while doing HIIT sprints on the treadmill. I couldn't help myself. It was a Celebrate-Celebrate-Dance-to-the-Music kind of morning.

Clean Diet + Consistent, strategic workouts + Regular Cardio = Fat Loss Success

Oh, please, let this last.
Oh it's a good thing you are so adorable because size 4?? That is envy-making territory girl! Seriously, you are rockin' this. Wear those size 4s with pride!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:13 AM   #1438

I appreciate those remarks there, DGG. I haven't weighed myself in weeks, and frankly, it may be a long time again before I do. My thought is, if I'm feeling good, my clothes are fitting better, the mirror is telling me happy things, then I don't need to see a number to prove something. I have the necessary validation.

I'm happy with staying about where I am. Do I have areas that I'd like to firm up, lean down? Yes. But I'm trying to be realistic with "the years." As long as I keep putting in my time at the gym, I'm staying on top of it and doing my best. Life is not a "competition," and life is not a "prep." Life is what it is. I was told that once I competed, I'd always have that "ghost" haunting my self-expectations. It proved true. So I've been working on overcoming that deception and living the real life.

I had a "heavy" glute/leg day at the gym Saturday. I have switched up my routine from one heavy, one lighter, to around two weeks of two medium glute/leg days per week for two weeks, then a heavy day; repeat. Saturday I squatted 170; leg pressed 350. I added to that BB squats, SL RDL's, leg extensions, and a set of walking lunges all with lighter weights, throwing in ab work in between here and there. Sore butt muscles all day yesterday and this morning.

I'm craving a morning run. It's been over a week, and I'm needing that dark morning solitude euphoric fix. I had too much to eat yesterday and a few "off plan" things, and I don't like how I feel this morning. So hopefully a good run will be the catharsis I need.

It's time to go.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #1439

Congrats T that is awesome!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #1440
Major LCF Poster!

You are realistic and that's your strength imho. Keeps you in your zone. Again, enviable!

How is it going with your group of weight-lifter wannabe's? I'd love to hear the progress they are making.