GardenGirl639 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #1352
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb

It has come full circle.
It's what occupies much of my time lately.
A privilege.
An honor.
Rekindling life energy...
indomitable spirit...
happiness...

This is what it's all about.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #1353

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
Great reminder!
Send me the link to your "fresh" journal!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #1354
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/restart 201/193/145 5'3 3/4"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Send me the link to your "fresh" journal!
My "Fresh" journal is a physical journal that I write in with a turquoise pen. I'm posting notes from it in my GardenGirl639 Journal here on LCF.

GardenGirl639
Old 01-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #1355
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

It has come full circle.
It's what occupies much of my time lately.
A privilege.
An honor.
Rekindling life energy...
indomitable spirit...
happiness...

This is what it's all about.
You have always been a huge encouragement to me!!!!

Thank you.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #1356

... to what's important to you.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 AM   #1357

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hi T!!! Good to see you!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #1358
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hi T!!! Good to see you!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #1359

Hey, Amber and Elizabeth.

Burrrrrrr! It is freezing out there...bundle up, my friends. Stay warm ... and STAY ACTIVE!

Dusting things off in my journal now and then.

Staying as committed as always. Winter is a little tough on us, as we all know, and that is my biggest hurdle, fighting the winter blah-blues, the urge to soothe my woes with carbage. We all know that doesn't work. It's only a temporary lift to the mood, that ends in an even deeper nose dive hours/days/weeks later.

Staying distracted, staying inspired, staying active -- that's my arsenal for kicking all of that.

Since the New Year, I've switched my exercise up a bit. I take spinning two nights per week (butt-kicker! but euphoric), I lift weights 2-3 x per week, I try to get in 30 mins of morning cardio four days per week, and I throw in one morning of my endearing Callanetics to keep my body nice and long and limber and lifted. Can't beat Callanetics for that.

My biggest hurdle these days it trying to convince my husband that he isn't special, he's no exception, his body is aging just like the rest of us, and if he doesn't get off his ass and start being proactive about it, he's going to pay for it in the not too distant future, and certainly in years to come. His fitness level is the worst it's ever been, he's gotten very careless about his diet, and he is getting pretty much zero exercise. He can't wear lots of clothes in his closet, rotating the few things that do fit, and thinks nothing of that. A bigger and bigger waist size? No problem to him. My youngest son and I both are members of our gym, and we are passionate about it, love going, and our bodies are proof of it. He and I both have tried every approach to convince him to join us, dancing around the dreaded "N" word (NAG) as much as possible, trying to be positive with our remarks and encouragement, but it falls on deafened ears. He won't give us any reasons for his disinterest in cleaning up his act and/or working out. It mostly boils down to him basically saying, "...but I don't WANT to..." or "...it's just not my thing..." or "...I will eventually, just not now..." (that one's been overused going on about 15 years now???).

I'm beyond frustrated. The phrase that runs through my head over and over: Quid pro quo. I take care of myself for him (and for me, of course, but he benefits, no?), is it not fair that he should want to take care of himself for me?

It's getting to the point of causing a lot of strife in our marriage. I'll leave it at that.

He's the best father a child could ever hope for. The.Best. He is a good husband, staying on top of paying attention to our expenses, repairs, financial planning issues. I guess that should be enough. Maybe others see this as shallow, my wanting him to take care of his health, fitness and his body. I would disagree. When I'm in my seventies and I'm running around , burning up the road, hiking, being active, going here and there and in this and that, where is he going to be? Will have health issues? Will he feel like doing those things with me?

Everything he wants me to do with him, I try. I am as open-minded as I can be in embracing his interests. He agrees with that. So why can't he try to do the same for me?

I'm out of solutions. And I'm really sad about it.

I don't like it to bring me down and affect my mood, esp at this time of year, so I dig into my "arsenal" I spoke of and just keep peddling. It's all I can do.

So. There. My dirty laundry is spilled. It is what it is.

I don't usually purge personal crap, but it feels good to get it out.

I'm meeting my friend Danielle at the gym at 10 to work butt/hamstrings/legs today. We're spinning partners too. Love her.

Guess it's time to get ready. I plan to make the most of this day.

Life goes on.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #1360
Major LCF Poster!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #1361
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RENEWED
Stats: 190/150/140
Twyla,

I don't think its shallow at all! You want one of the most important people in your life to grow old with you! Not just that, but to grow old with you as healthy as he can be. Awwww, I feel your frustration and pray that he gets a little 'spark' of your fire and get in the best shape of his life!
RENEWED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:38 AM   #1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEWED View Post
Twyla,

I don't think its shallow at all! You want one of the most important people in your life to grow old with you! Not just that, but to grow old with you as healthy as he can be. Awwww, I feel your frustration and pray that he gets a little 'spark' of your fire and get in the best shape of his life!
Thank you so much, Renewed.

Sometimes when our frustrations hit the wall, we just need to know it's okay. We need validated somehow, if that makes sense.

That meant the world to me.

Blessings to you.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #1363

T-
It is not shallow to want your husband to be healthy and there for you as you age!!! The problem is no one can want it for him, he has to want it for himself! Oh how I know this from 42 years of living in denial!!!! It was what prompted me 2 years ago to get my act together before I embarked on another marriage with Tony. He was 7 years older than me and fit and healthy and I was waddling along. People probably thought I was stealing his food, LOL

My advice it to maybe not nag per se, but like I know you eat healthy so when you make dinner it is what it is, dont have snacks around, maybe plan some active dates to get him moving, like pick a spot and go for a walk with the lure of being together. Make him a nice shake for breakfast, sort of throw some healthy changes his way and see if he adapts????

It is a tough spot, but boy as the years are ticking, it is becoming more apparent about prolonging an active lifestyle, I dont want to be 70 and hunched over unable to walk, it is hard to watch loved ones on a downward spiral, but we all know you have to want it for yourself! Maybe a really good private heart to heart, like it is not about his looks or any of that, but growing old together and being there to become grandparents one day and watching the boys grow etc. That you want him along for the ride?

I feel for you T, I know how it is!!!

But it was good to hear from you, I miss you!!! I love spin class too!!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 02-14-2013 at 03:55 AM..
Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #1364

Quote:
T-
It is not shallow to want your husband to be healthy and there for you as you age!!! The problem is no one can want it for him, he has to want it for himself! Oh how I know this from 42 years of living in denial!!!! It was what prompted me 2 years ago to get my act together before I embarked on another marriage with Tony. He was 7 years older than me and fit and healthy and I was waddling along. People probably thought I was stealing his food, LOL

My advice it to maybe not nag per se, but like I know you eat healthy so when you make dinner it is what it is, dont have snacks around, maybe plan some active dates to get him moving, like pick a spot and go for a walk with the lure of being together. Make him a nice shake for breakfast, sort of throw some healthy changes his way and see if he adapts????

It is a tough spot, but boy as the years are ticking, it is becoming more apparent about prolonging an active lifestyle, I dont want to be 70 and hunched over unable to walk, it is hard to watch loved ones on a downward spiral, but we all know you have to want it for yourself! Maybe a really good private heart to heart, like it is not about his looks or any of that, but growing old together and being there to become grandparents one day and watching the boys grow etc. That you want him along for the ride?

I feel for you T, I know how it is!!!

But it was good to hear from you, I miss you!!! I love spin class too!!!!
Thanks for those words of encouragement, Amber. Good advice, most all have been tried.

I'm not giving up hope. We all know that once someone makes the effort to exercise, for it to become a habit, not a chore, it has to be done -- what, 21 times/days, something like that? It's getting him to hang in there once he makes an effort, instead of taking the easy way out (the back door) and just letting it become less and less of a priority. Getting there is just plain and simple discipline. You either have it or you don't.

So. Should I hold my breath? Not hold my breath?

I'm waiting to exhale.

In the meantime, yes, spinning. Love.It. The music and energy of that class is what makes it -- just makes me come alive, totally "plugged in." Does it take the place of weight lifting for my "fix"? Nevah! But I do love the other kind of high that I get from this intense form of cardio.

Plus, I love mixing up my routine anyway.

It's good to see you. I peeked in your journal, and I see you're working hard at the gym and have a new trainer -- I like that relentless spirit about you. I dig it! You go, girl. Keep up the great work.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:43 AM   #1365

I am doing a 5K mud run for cancer, so now I have to run again, ughgh I am not a fan of running but hoping that will help me get ready lifting is still by far my favorite! I do miss my trainer though, this one is working on the running but she is still not like my first gal, but talk about a habit, 2 faithful years of working out, I joined that gym at 290 pounds and everyone thought I wouldn't last a week!!! The one thing I wont give up is the working out! The new trainer gave me like the Presidential fit test I was in the top 10% for 44 year old women, that totally made me stokked, I battle that darn scale but ultimately I want to be fit! So that is what I focus on! Eating right 90% of the time, living life and making sure I exercise 5 days a week!

Hugs to you T, I hope you can get hubby on board, I see this alot at some of my bootcamp classes with husbands and wives, like one is hardcore and the other is sort of dragged there and not into it. Maybe your husband is a little jealous of your success, and feels like he can never live up to the level of perfection that you achieved? So it is not worth trying? You know the male ego is a strange thing. Like the one couple, he lost 125 pounds, she has lost nothing in 8 months of going to bootcamp, etc, and she is at least 100 pounds overweight, and she said one time, I will never be able to do what Mike did, and I said WTH not??? He is a great support and you can do it too, and heck if I can you can, so maybe that is in your hubby's head? I think just reassuring him that you want him healthy, is the only thing you can do at this point, and hope he catches the drift.

My favorite cartoon is a man with a belly at the doctors and the doctor says, "What fits your busy schedule better, exercising one hour a day, or being dead 24 hours a day?

I have that written and posted everywhere, it is a constant reminder of why I climb out of bed at 5:00 am to go to the gym!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #1366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
Twyla - We are in the same boat with our hubbies. My dh is on meds for hb pressure, high cholesteral and diabetes. I asked him to take a walk with me arounda nearby school and he stated that he would go, but only take the short route. All he wants to do when he gets home from work is sit, watch TV and eat. We are no longer intimate, and while I understand I've put on some weight, I am trying to do something about it. My concern is that he will have some type of stroke or heart attack and I will have to quit my job to take care of him, something that I can't afford to do. As soon as I say I'm going to start low carb here he comes with lots of chips, fried foods and candie.

2nd GOAL - to weigh 175 by Nov 2014

3rd GOAL - to weigh 165 by Dec 2014

4th GOAL - to weigh 150 by 9/19/15 When I turn 55.
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:18 AM   #1367

Okay. I'm done.

Done with WINTER, that is. So very done. It has not been an easy winter for me, and I fear there's a pattern starting here for the years to come. That is, until I can manage to move a bit farther south.

And to think that I used to be a snowbird of sorts.

Frankly, WE haven't had much snow at all this year, but the cold weather, the rain, stuck inside, dry skin (ugh), dark/long days, having to bundle up in layers before going for a morning run -- oh, and don't forget tissues -- omg. Enuf!

Sunday was glorious.

I want more of those days!

It's become more and more difficult getting/staying motivated to eat on plan, make GOOD choices when eating. It really IS about what we put in our mouth, NOT about how many hours we THINK we can spend trying to work it off. That just AIN'T gonna happen. Dream on.

So. Being a big believer in visualization...

Learning to Exhale: This Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words

... I'm gonna take a pic of my motivational board and post copies around in obvious places -- my car, my bathroom mirror, my desk at work -- as a constant reminder that time does not stand still, and if I plan to be "beach ready" by June, excuses are out the window. Now or never.

It's up to me. No one else. Nothing else.

It's time to roll.

“Every person who wins in any undertaking
must be willing to cut all sources of retreat.
Only by doing so
can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as
a burning desire to win,
essential to success.”

- Napoleon Hill

Old 03-12-2013, 03:22 AM   #1368

Quote:
I am doing a 5K mud run for cancer, so now I have to run again, ughgh I am not a fan of running but hoping that will help me get ready lifting is still by far my favorite!

.....I have that written and posted everywhere, it is a constant reminder of why I climb out of bed at 5:00 am to go to the gym!
Go, Amber!

Hope the running is going well.

And yes, post those "reminders."

We all need a whole lot more IN YOUR FACE reality checks.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #1369

Old 05-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #1370

It's official!

I got an email notification this morning...

Old 08-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #1371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Hello T-pretty! Do you still post in here?

DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:15 AM   #1372

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Hello T-pretty! Do you still post in here?

Now and then, yep, sure do!

This baby is my "Health & Fitness Bible."

Many lessons learned here, girl. And lots of recycled motivation.

I'm thrilled to see your beautiful face here in this neck of the woods again.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:45 AM   #1373
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yippy yay!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #1374

Okay. So. Where was I...

I've been fighting the whormonal thing since July 16th. WHAT.THE.HELL.

I'm too damn old for this crap. And yet it haunts me still. I've been victimized by all the tell-tale signs: The mood swings, cravings, fatigue, breakouts, ******iness, depression, and hunger out the frikkin roof.

It has not been an easy battle. But it's coming to an end.

I actually felt like my old self this morning. And my hunger was very manageable yesterday.

Yesterday was an all cardio day (40 mins)

Made it to the gym this morning. 35 mins weights, 15 mins cardio.

No hunger issues so far. Feeling balanced and energized and ... well, pretty damn fantastic for a Wednesday.

Oh.please...let me ride this wave a little longer!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #1375
Major LCF Poster!

I get the hormonal thing. Oh girl do I get it. Do you take an HRT or are you not thinking of doing that? I do HRT, but STILL have issues. I really can't imagine what I'd be without my bioidenticals, but I have many girlfriends that are doing just fine without them.

I am heading to the gym! No playlist though. If you can believe, I don't own an iPod. Mine broke a while back and I have an iPad instead now. I might need to rethink.

How are you eating these days? What is your eating-plan-of-choice? Low carb I'm betting. Healthy and clean eating for you yes?

I'm glad to see you as I always am!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #1376

Quote:
I get the hormonal thing. Oh girl do I get it. Do you take an HRT or are you not thinking of doing that? I do HRT, but STILL have issues. I really can't imagine what I'd be without my bioidenticals, but I have many girlfriends that are doing just fine without them.

I am heading to the gym! No playlist though. If you can believe, I don't own an iPod. Mine broke a while back and I have an iPad instead now. I might need to rethink.

How are you eating these days? What is your eating-plan-of-choice? Low carb I'm betting. Healthy and clean eating for you yes?

I'm glad to see you as I always am!
I went goofing off in cyberspace for a while. But I'm back.

No, I don't do the HRT. YET. Truly must think more seriously about it.

Don't you have a Pandora app on your phone? Seriously? If not, GET IT. Then look up "Club/Dance Radio" station. Bookmark it. It's a keeper for moving thy arse. OMG. Can't sit still.

During the worst of the whormonal crap, I was EATING crap!!! Fought it like crazy--not so successfully, I might add. Pretzel Crisps? Found them at Sam's drenched in dark chocolate. They're like crack. Totally addicted. No more. Never buying them again.

I'm doing mostly low carb for a bit longer to get me out of the whormonal storm. Then I'll do carb rotations, moderate carb, and timed earlier in the day, only on lifting days. Low carb all other days.

I eat a lot of fish. I like fish. No problems eatings lots. Tilapia & salmon mostly. Chicken. Egg Whites. Some eggs. Spinach. Almonds. 20-30 grams of oats and/or 1/2 sweet potato on training days. Lots of green veggies. Low carb yogurt. Cinnabun whey protein. Blueberries. 1/2 grapefruit in the mornings with first meal. 1 Tbs of coconut oil every day.

I load up on more fat during the TOM days to help keep me full. But I typically keep fat at about 30% or under, plenty of lean protein, and all the veggies I want pretty much. Tons of water. Tons of green tea.

I make a green tea cocktail in the mornings that cuts hunger, fires metab, supplies antioxidants, and keeps me amazingly full: Steep 3 green tea bags in boiling water. Let cool. Pour the tea into large shaker bottle. Add 1 straw of your favorite Crystal Lite flavor, a splash of lemon juice, 1 tsp acai berry powder, and fill it up all the way with ice. Sip on this throughout the morning. (And afternoon if you can handle the caffeine.) Love this stuff and its affect on me.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #1377
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Cinnabun whey protein.
Holy hannah. That sounds fantastic.

I don't have Pandora on my phone, but I can check that out for sure. I just got back from the gym and I did warm up, weights, cool down. Kept in the moment with the weights and did people watching. It was good!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:49 AM   #1378

Quote:
Holy hannah. That sounds fantastic.

I don't have Pandora on my phone, but I can check that out for sure. I just got back from the gym and I did warm up, weights, cool down. Kept in the moment with the weights and did people watching. It was good!
Yes, highly encourage that Pandora app/station. It is its own form of medicine, trust me.

People watching. Don't you LOVE that. One of my favorite pasttimes -- except when I'm at Walmart. And then I just try to avoid eye contact as much as possible.

Hoping you left there with an adjusted level of confidence.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:54 AM   #1379

Only minutes away from starting the ignition and heading south to my gym. Yesterday morning was awesome. There aren't a huge number of early birds, it seems. I knew I was a bit of an anomoly. I guess it pays off. Had the gym practically (practically) to myself. A few regulars, very good friends. Our smiles and brief chats serving to galvanize our efforts and mindset.

The cleaner I get, the stronger I get, the more energy I feel, and then it becomes far more difficult to contain. It spreads like fire. So be it.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #1380
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Only minutes away from starting the ignition and heading south to my gym. Yesterday morning was awesome. There aren't a huge number of early birds, it seems. I knew I was a bit of an anomaly.
Fantastic! Truly a hot girl.